Souldew Academy

*Gail Uhara*

~~~

PRSi5qk.png

Gail listened to her teacher, while watching the woman circle her. She couldn't help but be embarrassed by that. Why were the teachers so friendly towards her, she wondered? A faint blush found its way to the purple-haired girl's cheeks, as Ms. Sylvia encircled her like some sort of idol, or thing to be observed closely.

A giggle escaped from Gail's lips, and she shook her head. "Don't be disappointed, Sigrdifa! Your teachings are what helped me pass the Advancement Test! So clearly you have much to be happy over! I'm very proud to have been your student!" Tilting her head, and thinking up at an angle, she wondered aloud, "if that were to be the case... I'd love it! But I think that's up to your bosses right? The Dean and the higher-ups?" She faintly wondered who they all were. She had seen a few walking about, but most to her were clouded in mystery. Oooooh, exciting!

"I'll miss being in your class!!" she squeaked out, admitting shyly, happy to be praised by her teacher. Though, there was a certain level of intrigue building up within Gail. She would miss Ms. Sylvia's class, but she could not wait to be introduced to classes in the Second Year, and their respective teachers and professors. It was like starting a whole new adventure! She giggled, and 'raced' in place. Gail couldn't wait!

Watching the sparring match beside Hiiro, Gail's eyes widened. OH! It was the First Year's 'Signature Move': [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]"Rainbow Roulette[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]How exciting![/COLOR]" she whispered, leaning forward. Spinning his revolver, he fired out insane bullets; colored in a variety of hues, clearly that was his SP. It would allow each SE bullet to burst into something different, that much was obvious. Cyan turned to snow. Yellowish to lightning. Red to explosions. She was already learning so much!

Even though she wasn't exactly beside Nero and the 'Sweet Sisters', as Gail was now 'affectionately' calling Leah and Scarlett; due to their display of affection towards one another, she could still sorta hear the suave, flirty dude. He explained enough about the fight, that she got the gist of it. Well, she didn't need his confirmation on it, in truth, her own mind figuring out the details, but it was still nice to hear someone state firmly stuff that was going on. How else did students learn? They were told to watch and observe these spars whenever they could. It encouraged study and understanding. Which lead to being a better Adept! Clapping excitedly, Gail cheered the sparring partners on.

Even as the teacher got up in the middle of them, claiming the battle was over. Well, it being through was pretty obvious. The First Year had basically expended all of his stamina and SE in that move, and it hardly even fazed the Third Year. To be expected! Still, Gail was enthralled, and congratulated both. "Hey! Such a great battle!" she called out, waving her right hand high above her to the two, eyes gleaming.

Nero had suggested going to V-City... Her eyes wandered over to him. That sounded fun, but... maybe she shouldn't. After all, Hiiro had wanted something from her. Something unusual. Then again, maybe she would just go get some training in, before the day ended and classes began tomorrow. The Second Year wondered who or what would convince her to do what. So many choices...

@Shirochankun (mentioned)

@Idea @Kiroshiven @Wickedkent

Alan hears rumours of a new Second Year and, which is more appealing to him, that a fight between a Year 3 and Year 1 had started. He has no idea which of his classmates were fighting a Year 1, but Alan suspected he wouldn't get to the sparring arena in time to see the end of the fight. As he walked down to the arena, he notices that everyone was moving out of his way. Out of fear, out of respect, out of disgust he did not know. He did not care. He can hear snickering behind him as he walks.

As he enters the arena, he is greeted with two students who seemed to be exhausted, or at least one was, and a teacher in the middle. In the stands, he saw a large-ish crowd watching them. He decides just to stay at the entrance, where he is, to watch. Probably not much of interest left anyways.

His skin is a weird, almost supernatural, purple that seems to look (and feel) like marble. Yet, it is flesh like any other person's. What is much weirder is his face, though. Where a face once was now lies a feature-less, sad, mass. He is a prime example of how having a SP can be harmful to the human genome.

Nix Falcore

Nix felt frustration wash over him once everything had settled. He hadn't even fazed the third year, let alone him. "This isn't over yet." Nix said through a grunt of strain as he held up his gun. One last bullet. He took a deep breath and focused. He suddenly felt no anger as he controlled his SE to form its usual shape. There was no hatred, it was just a single thought repeating itself over and over again. Can't give up. Opening his eyes, Nix realized his glasses had fallen off. His eyes shone as white as the girl's Holy Lance earlier. He could tell something was different about this bullet as he finally pulled the trigger and let his new Trick Shot fly.

A solid white bullet flew out of the chamber at a rather daunting pace. Unlike his other bullets it spiraled in its trajectory. Wind gathering around the slowly speeding object until it turned into a massive looking drill of air heading towards the third year. Nix fell to his knees as he watched this bullet in wonder. How long had he been trying to figure out some of the bullets that he fired in his signature move? Only to have one reveal itself to him in a fight he knew he'd never win? However, his stamina gave out and he fell over on the ground. And with that, his bullet fizzled, dispersing into the atmosphere as if he'd never shot it. Nix had completely lost, but it wasn't all in vain either.

@Wickedkent

Tatsuya Enfield

He smiled and pointed his right pistol at the bullet. He concentrated more Spirit Energy unto it. He then pulled the trigger and a laser like beam came out of the pistol to counter the first year's last move. He smiled when the unexpected happened. Sylvia jumped in the middle and formed a force field with both of her hands.

"Have I not been heard?" She asked with a smile. Tatsuya bowed in forgiveness.

"Im sorry Miss Sylvia."

(Hiiro´s POV)

I nodded as she asked if I really thought she could skip yet another year. I didn´t really think she was ready for it in any way, but when you´re trying to create a friendly atmosphere, a little friendliness of your own goes a long way. Still, some things were just too ambitious, like the boy in the match we were watching. Facing a third year, head on? Even I wouldn´t take such a challenge so lightly. Though I doubted most third years were really a match for me. I would have part of their strength to begin with and if their skills at manipulating SE were as great as the cowboy down there, it wouldn´t be a worrisome trick anyway. I probably could just a year, if it wasn´t more profitable to just stay in the academy. For example, I was with three people right now, I had just acquired a copy of one of their powers, another I had earlier and the last one I had for a while, but both of them were coming with a fresh supply of strength, speed, agility, energy.... all of which my ability would passively drain away whether I liked it or not. Attending a class meant there were some 20 people whose traits I was absorbing everyday (well, not that many given my positioning in the classroom , but still, some 15), many of which I had copied abilities from. Of course, some abilities were entirely useless or too circunstancial in the process of being copied (since my ability weakened the copied abilities). I was growing into a small arsenal by the minute.

Of course, all of this didn´t make the match below any more interesting.

"I´m sure you realized it too, miss Sylvia. This battle had no future to begin with. It´s not just about them being a third and a first year, it´s about how weak the first year is to begin with." I walked up to the place, and leaned on the bars to look at the fight. The boy had just tried out his "rainbow" move,  shooting out at random. "They´re shooting at each other. Dodging and shooting. Since they both have the same strategy, obviously, the one with more power would stomp the other. But even if they didn´t , the third year isn´t using his ability. That implies that either his ability isn´t good enough for such a match, in which case one can wonder why they´d let him in the arena in the first place, or he´s holding back. I suspect the later, but in any case, the match can´t evolve much from there. In other words, you see a minute of their shooting, you´ve seen all there is to see. The rainbow thing I admit I wasn´t expecting but, I didn´t gain much from seeing it either."

I got up and turned again, placing my hands in my pockets.

"It´s not enough to defeat monsters at least. These people come to train for one thing, and then face each other forgetting it. Even a simple monster knows how to dodge and hide, and that alone could beat all the strategy on this match. The monsters that don´t dodge...it´s because they wouldn´t need that to beat them to a pulp."

I stretched, shaking my head about the invitation.

"Unless there is something of Gal´s level , I´m afraid little will impress me today. I´m probably not attending classes today, but I might reconsider if I´m too bored with the rest of the atmosphere. I think I will just hang out by the roof and get some training in until later." I said. I had no idea what was happening in V-city, but I doubted it was anything worth getting my eyes on. In fact, I may even have misunderstood and not have been invited myself. My greatness wasn´t taken very well by everyone. Some people still protested instead of thanking me when I beat the crap out of them. Not that people heard about it, still. I had to dispose of a couple people over it, but still, nobody here in the academy. It was too safe.

@Thalia_Neko @Wickedkent @Kiroshiven 

Sylvia Lyyneheym

IMG_2162.PNG

"Quite an observation, but you were mistaken in some parts. Tatsuya's power lets him predict what would happen next. However, it is not that simple. A normal person could not easily comprehend the information that is pouring into their head and would not be able to react immediately. Tatsuya has a Device implanted in his head making him the fastest student that can analyze and comprehend situations, this is however in exchange for his strong emotions. If Tatsuya did not try to hold back his abilities then he could have countered every attack before the opponent could use them. Nix also has a unique ability, but he still needs more training on how he could control and manipulate his SE better. The same goes for you mister. This school teaches students, not let them slack off."

*Gail Uhara*

~~~

YDQWRBB.jpg

The entering of someone, caught Gail's attention. There, at the edge of the area, near one of the exits, was some person, thing... he was completely purple, from what she could tell. Was he a student? Had SE done that to him? Acknowledging that SE had the ability to distort people like that, but not really seeing much of it for herself, Gail turned away from him; to, instead, watch the last bit of the match between the First Year and the Third Year.

A fight she had assumed was over, especially since the teacher had intervened. Clearly, that Nix guy was rather hotheaded, and wasn't yet done. The boy focused the remainder of his SE, and with a glow in his eyes, he fired his last shot. That was it, before even this bit was done with, Gail knew the fight was over.

She watched, though, eyes widening. Nix's bullet gathered air pressure around it, winds whipping violently while it spun, drilling through the air. She focused intently, heart beating fast. Was this what it was like for Agni, when she had thrown fire his way? She thought she had been clever, but perhaps she had just been arrogant? Watching Nix's SP absorb and use the power of the air, Gail felt just-a bit slighted. She was the master of air, not him!

Like everyone expected, the Third Year's control over his SE allowed him to easily fend off, even the strongest attacks from his First Year opponent. Even the air-bullet was blown away, so to speak. Gail breathed a sigh, and felt her heart begin to slow once again. She hadn't realized just how hard she had been focusing, just how strenuous it had been on her, until she noticed her heart thumping away in her chest, only beginning to return to normal once the battle was over proper.

She turned, looking at Hiiro, as he described his take on the battle. Sure, it was a First Year against a Third Year, and he was most certainly outclassed, but she had been facing a Second Year not too long ago, and had managed to do better than okay against him. Maybe Nix could've surprised them. Actually, to Gail, he had been extremely surprising. Impressive even! Gail turned her gaze back to Nix and smiled warmly at the First Year. She hadn't noticed him until now, even though she had literally just been apart of his grade.

Hiiro mentioned the fact that this school trained Adepts beyond just the need to fight monsters. Gail hadn't thought of it like that. It was true. If they were simply trained to fight the monster scourge of the world of Purity, then they most definitely did not need four years of thorough schooling to do that. Heck, Gail could be out there right now, slashing up weak monsters with air. They were there for more, though. They had to learn about themselves first. Become the best they could be. As Adepts, and as people.

Introspectively, Gail wondered if she should have even passed the Advancement Test. Should there even be Advancement Tests? Did she cheat the system somehow? Something that felt like an accomplishment, for a moment, was feeling like the opposite. Even if she was as good as Second Years, did that mean she deserved to just leave people in the dust, people who were working just as hard as she was?

Gail didn't express any of these concerns, when her face lit up in surprise; her ears ringing with the praise of Hiiro. Blushing, she had heard him right. Right? Her level was impressive, and nothing was matching it?

"Ah-haha... ha..." Gail laughed embarrassed, rubbing the back of her hair. "My l-l-le-level?" She repeated, shaking her head, and waving an airy hand, dismissively. "N-nah. I d-didn't do anything impressive, really! Ahahaha.. haha... ha..."

Ms. Sylvia's words caught her attention. Wait. That student had something implanted in his head? Something that helped his observation power? Something that helped him to narrow it down and work with it? That was fascinating!

@Idea @Kiroshiven @Wickedkent @The Fabulous Emerald

(Hiiro´s POV)

As expected, the match didn´t take long to end. The air pressure trick did go against my expectations, but not by far. It was still, in essence, shooting at the other person, the very same thing that been the center of the entire fight up until this point. The thing about most fights is that they are not as complex as one may think from the outside. From the outside, they look at a battle and think about how fast the people are moving, how powerful they can become, who might win, pros and cons of both fighters- but in a real battle, you hardly do any more than a formula. Strike, dodge, stick to what works, change what doesn´t, avoid unnecessary trouble. The only difference between competent and incompetent fighters is the later three points, the rest everyone knew how to do. The guy down there, challenging a third year? He didn´t understand he would barely be able to stand up against a first year with that ability of his, especially if used so...randomly as he had. Gail, on the other hand, she knew (and had shown) that she was impressive enough a fighter that she could at least stand up against a second year. And she was still careful enough not to try it against a third year. The girl who had leaned there watching the mediocre gun battle intently, probably a little annoyed at the irony of the wind being used when she had used fire despite that not being her direct ability, she was strong AND careful. That, in my eyes, was halfway to being a pro- while the fight down there clearly had at least one flat amateur in it.

"Oh, but you did do something impressive, Gail. You impressed ME. From what I´m told, that alone is worthy of an award. And I know this is the tip of the iceberg of your potential. It makes me most...curious about the future. Compared to the usual, the crap, it´s truly a sight for my sore eyes and if I was the kind of person to go around fighting other adepts, I am pretty sure I would have challenged you on the spot." I stopped, chuckled a little, then realized something. "Oh, speaking of which, if anyone does challenge you today or in any later date, be sure to tell me, ok? I would love front row seats for that."
Was I praising this girl too much today? Between verbal and mental comments, one could almost think I had fallen head over heels for her. Well, let them think that. What would I care about it for? I knew those were not my real intentions, nor did my admiration surpass that of simple, greedy curiosity. Greedy like the people of the world always were, just wanting more and more and more, but ever thankful? No. So, what wrong in me being greedy myself? What wrong in putting on a guise of admiration to satisfy that greed? None.

I waved a hand in front of myself after the teacher spoke.

"Miss Sylvia, I assure you I am not slacking. But we did get permission to skip classes to watch the advancement test, which means, whatever is being taught today is probably something that can be discarded with problems. And if so, then I would be better off training myself, no? Rather than wasting time listening to jargon that won´t ever really matter or laying games, I could use this opportunity to do something at least somewhat productive. And, of course, attend the classes again when there´s a reasonable chance they will teach us something important. I may have much to learn, but I don´t need to learn all of it, nor would it be good." I explained, putting back my hands on my pockets. The thing about the device was interesting, made me wonder if the speed I had gathered through many years and ability collection could outweight the capacity to predict my moves and overcome it. "Though, your words about the fight don´t make it any more worth it. The fact such an impressive trait produces such a boring result as what we saw down there adds nothing to the fight itself- if anything, it makes it even more clear that the fight was too one-sided to ever develop into anything interesting. The third year´s actions were below expectations for me and the first year matched them perfectly, and not in a good sense. Just having a unique ability doesn't make anyone more interesting- after all, every adept has one."

@Thalia_Neko @Kiroshiven @Wickedkent

*Gail Uhara*

~~~

F7uy3BO.jpg

Gail focused her attention on the boy beside her. He continued to shower her with praise. Even going so far as to say that she impressed him! Which meant that she had earned herself some sort of trophy! Or award! That caused her to greatly blush, and take on a great new flustered demeanor. Waving her hands, and shaking her head, she protested, "Nuuuuu! I-I didn't do anything! Really! J-just used my Spirit Power the way I learned... a-and... and! NHM!! NYU! Dun say things like that!" she lightly beat on his arm, getting more friendly with Hiiro than she had really wanted. Blushing furiously at his tone. It was alarming that she had managed to stir someone so like this, when all she had been doing was what any Adept should've been capable to do. At least that was how she saw it.

When he began speaking about challenging her, she did think that that would probably happen again at some point. A lot of Adepts challenged each other, and trained during sparring sessions. He offered to be one of the ones that wanted to watch her, and that set her off again. Shaking her head, steam began raising from her. Actual steam, due to her affinity for air. She spun around, "S-stawhpppp," she whined, shaking herself, trying to settle down. Faintly, she heard his tirade to the teacher, but was farrrrr too flustered to respond to it. Gail instead, was very embarrassed, but she didn't deny he could observe her fights...

@Idea

Scarlett and Leah both heard a commotion behind them and both turned to see what it was. Turns out Gail was looking completely flustered and was acting like a girl with an exaggerated crush on whom she was talking to. Leah looked at her younger sister and pointed, "see? even Gail is already found a possible romance. why can't you ever get or make an attempt to get a boyfriend?... unless you're like me. in which case i can't point you to some options." Leah winked suggestively And poked Scarlett teasingly. 

Scarlett's face turned red once again. "s-shut-up!" She hissed at Leah. Now Scarlett was just as, if not more so flustered than Gail had just been. "i-i don't need that k-kind of thing. it distracts from training... besides, i dunno how to go about something like that." Scarlett played with her fingers when she mumbled out the last part. She didn't deny what Leah had said about 'being like her' but Scarlett also didn't answer it either. Mostly because she didn't exactly know yet... But she was curious about it.

@(whoever is around. sorta forgot.)

David sits several seats away from Gail and co., yet doesn't seem to be paying any attention to his surroundings. It seems that the force user Year 2 is tinkering with his large, brass and tungsten cannon as he is pulling small gears out and checking they are OK against the light. However, he isn't particularly good with his hands and drops it. While he is bending over to pick it up, the loaded cannonball drops out of the chamber and rolls down the stairs (because he took out some of the important bits to clean them) while David just watches with a 'FFS' look to him. Swearing, he goes after it. The cannonball thunks noisily on the stairs.

At the end of the arena is a purple man, Alan, not doing anything of interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leah paused in her teasing of Scarlett. Over how flustered her sister had been a few moments earlier. The reason for the pause being a loud thunking noise that was revealed to be a cannon ball..? Scarlett who also had turned to find the source of the noise stopped the rolling cannonball with her foot as it neared her. Having noticed the male's look who had been messing with a weapon and seemed to not be very good with whatever he was trying to do. "uh... need help?" Scarlett asked, pointing to the man's weapon where it'd been left. 

"but your not much bet--" Leah was silenced with yet another karate chop to the head from Scarlett."ahhh, why is it alway me?" Leah whined, faked tears entering her eyes. She was about to turn into a drama queen again. But Scarlett spoke up before Leah could continue.

"because you're the one always doing/saying unnecessary things!" Scarlett turned back to the male. "i ask only because it seems like you.... uh, need some help..."

@The Fabulous Emerald

Haru Nanase

image (2).jpg

Haru watched the ongoing situation on the arena with the same nonchalant expression as ever, the earphones covering his ears under the hoodie playing one of the random musics from his playlist making him unable to hear the conclusion. Truth being said, he hardly paid any attention to anything that happened after the first year girl managed to conclude her advancement test, as this kind of unusual situation was pretty much the only thing he actually cared about enough to actually force himself to walk all the way to the arena without being obliged to do so. Even the fact that he was actually watching the sparring between the excessively courageous (Or maybe dumb?) first year and a third year, was merely a result of his own lack of willingness to walk away from his carefully chosen spot, as he sincerity felt that would be bothersome with such a large quantity of students walking around, deciding to wait till the current sparring ended.

He loudly sighed as soon as the not-so-surprising result of the sparring was made clear, as he noticed that, in despite of the anticlimactic fight ending, there were still quite a few students in his surroundings, his right hand supporting his chin in a way that passed the impression of boredom in despite of his expressionless face. 

(Open for interaction)

Lakyta DeCosta

IMG_5815.JPG

Lakyta DeCosta a second year, she was impossible not to notice no matter if you wanted to or not, she just...stood out., and yes it was done on purpose, she liked standing out. Her eyes were a deep navy blue that glittered with interest and yes mischief that was just her way, when you looked at her you didn't take her for sweet or even maybe kind, no she looked like trouble, serious trouble with so many piercings in her ears, skull accessories constantly showcased on her narrow wrists, and bright blue hair, she had come to the academy looking this way, that blue hair down to her waist as she had it down for once. She had been watching the first year's match carefully, just enjoying the observation of another's skills, she had taken mental notes, realizing quickly the strategy was too similar to win against a 3rd year you'd have to out strategize them, you couldn't brute force it, she knew and also wasn't interested in moving up with an advancement test, no she would get her everything out of the academy, learn her precious skill down to manipulation of the last metal mineral she could. She was a Ferrokinetic that was how her Spiritual Energy had decided to manifest itself most prominently, through the manipulation of metals and while yes, she could only attune to one metal at a time, she was currently attuned to the surgical steel that was in her ears, because yes every piercing was plain but brilliantly shined with silver, light dancing off of them just the same as her wrist bands. Despite her 'bad girl' vibe and okay she wasn't the most innocent on campus, she really could be kind, if you didn't get on her nerves, ignorant people; like the on his knees 1st year, she didn't like. Did she feel sympathy? Well no, not really, he'd made his bed he could lay in it; not like it had been completely fruitless she supposed, the boy had looked surprised by his bullet and it's sudden power, Lakyta could give him that. The trouble maker girl did a swift scan of all the students around her, so many, so many she could have fun with, because 'fun' was like a drug to her, who to pick who to pick...?

Lakyta's navy blue hues scanned the area until her eyes landed on a boy in a hoodie, she'd bet they had headphones in or on, that hood could hide the tethers of ear buds and if he was listening to music then she was sure they could find something to talk about, maybe an introduction, since she hadn't noticed him before; even while being vain and feeling sure she had stood out enough that he would have noticed her; or maybe not, well less thinking, more talking!  Lakyta sighed under her breath and approached the boy in the hoodie with a smile, sweet as could be, and completely contrary to her whacky appearance, she gave a wave to get his attention and waited patiently for him to pull the ear buds before finally speaking in a slightly raspy voice, "Hello there. You seem awfully bored I am too so I thought I'd say hello. I'm Lakyta DeCosta, a second year here at Souldew, what's your name? If you don't mind me asking." Yes she smiled still hands in the pocket of the skirt she wore and playing with a ball of the same surgical steel that was in her ears, because point in fact the ball was made up of extra piercings she had, because despite her confident and sweet air she hated introducing herself to people, ice breakers were the worst and she didn't want to try one of her flirty lines like she did to most people, though she wasn't sure why. @Spanner

David looks at the two, relatively young, girls.

"Nah, I got this. This isn't the first this sort of thing has happened. Thanks, though."

He tries to keep some composure, as he picks up the ball. As he stands back up, he puts the ball into his pocket for safe keeping then rubs dirt and stuff off of him to make himself more presentable.

"I'm David. Nice to meet you."

@Shirochankun

Haru Nanase

1827868.jpg

Haru's eyes focused in the smiling girl that approached him showing quite the surprise, the demonstration of emotion that he hardly wasted energy in displaying unless he couldn't suppress his emotion, a rare occasion considering how indifferent he acted normally. He followed the girl's silent suggestion without any complaining, moving his hands to take the earphones that previously covered his ears, supporting them over his shoulders before turning his face to the girl, his azure colored eyes focusing their gaze on the girl's face as if giving her the permission to talk with him. She's just introducing herself? How surprising... He muttered inwardly. While he didn't show it on his always indifferent expression, he was indeed surprised by the act of the girl, as he clearly knew how unsociable he looked. After a few seconds distracted by the surprisingly amiable act performed by the girl, that looked as easily approachable as himself, a negative number in the social butterfly scale, he finally managed to mutter his own name. "Haruka Nabase, called as Haru normally." He answered in an apathetic voice that definitely suited his deadpan, his eyes looking curiously at the girl as if trying to understand her objective. As the listless person he was, he didn't bother with wasting energy trying to maintain the conversation, simply waiting for the girl next sentence, as he felt that if she really wanted to talk she wouldn't let the conversation die that easily.

@Arius LaVari

David looks at the two, relatively young, girls.

"Nah, I got this. This isn't the first this sort of thing has happened. Thanks, though."

He tries to keep some composure, as he picks up the ball. As he stands back up, he puts the ball into his pocket for safe keeping then rubs dirt and stuff off of him to make himself more presentable.

"I'm David. Nice to meet you."

@Shirochankun

Leah and Scarlett both exchanged an undecipherable look with each other. "well, im Leah. a second-year student like yourself, David." Leah greeted, smiled friendly at him.

"and im a first-year student. Name's Scarlett."

"she's also my younger sister," Leah added in quickly. Just after Scarlett had finished her self-introduction. 

"yes. anyways, you sure you uh... know what you're doing?"

"Scarlett, that was kinda rude."

"how so?"

"because i wanted to ask that." Leah whined.

Lakyta DeCosta

Lakyta blinked a few times, ooooookay....boring but thankfully Lakyta was a persistent type, she grinned at him once he introduced himself and nodded, "You can call me Laki shorter than my first name." She hummed a bit, debating on what to do... she had noticed his headphones, music was a good place to start she could mess with him too. When she'd been growing up in the orphanage she'd learned how to get her hands on anything she wanted without alerting anyone, pickpocket, that's what she often got accused of but she'd just laugh and give the item back. That's what she did then, hooked a long finger under his headphones, lifting them from around his neck, following the tether with the other hand and high jacking the MP3 player, and yes she'd done it annoyingly quickly before putting his headphones on and hitting play to hear what he was listening to, it was a random playlist and she liked it. Laughing she put her prize around her neck simply holding onto the MP3 player. "You've got good taste, those with good taste in music are awesome. So yup by extension you're awesome." Flattery yes but she obviously meant what she'd said her navy hues giving no indication of anything less than seriousness, well for a split second then she was tempted to play a game with him but decided not to, remembering he hadn't told her what his year was. "How long have you been here by the way Haru? You didn't answer me the first time." His items still hung around her neck so she turned her attention to the music player and hit play again, sound coming out of the headphones, she'd give them back of course but for now she kept hold of them, he would be annoyed she knew but that was the fun.

Haru Nanase

Free-image-free-36578822-353-500.jpg

Haru felt tempted to laugh as soon as he noticed the hesitation in the girl's act, as he felt that his unamused reaction once more managed to push away someone. This depressing thought barely occupied his head for a second before the previous expectation was quickly broken by the girl's next sentence, an amiable suggestion that be definitely didn't expect. The next few moments where quite awkward, as he didn't find anything that he especially needed to say, maintaining a not-so-comfortable silence. Even the girl's act of stealing his MP3, that he managed to somehow accompany with the eyes albeit unable to react (or maybe too lazy to do so) and the subsequent flattery comming from the girl didn't manage to take a comment out of his mouth, as he simply directed a curious look to her, as if trying to understand her actions. "Three years and a few months." He finally
voiced when faced by her question, once more displaying his tendency of saying nothing more than the required. While he was somehow surprised by the girl's way of doing things, he didn't appear to be especially annoyed by having his earphones stolen or anything like that, giving the impression of being quite the easygoing person in his own abnormal way.

Nero Sanshiro

Nero sighed as he listened in on to the conversation between Gail and the first year. Honestly, that girl was putty in his hands and it left him feeling a bit disheartened to find a living case of the fox and the raven tale. Oh well, people will be people. Ultimately though, it seemed everyone failed to notice that the first year who'd been firing all the colorful rounds had fallen unconscious. "I guess I'll be the good samaritan then." Leaping over the wall, Nero walked over and draped the boy over his shoulders. "Off to the infirmary with you." Nero, though physically capable, decided to just use his power to keep the boy just a few inches off his shoulders. It would make moving all the easier if he wasn't actually carrying over one hundred extra pounds.

"Well, I hope you all enjoy yourselves." Nero smiled and waved to the group as he started to walk off. He'd already wasted enough time, it would soon be time for him to spar with Ramona. He even had a new surprise for her that he'd been working on. Let's see how well her "guardian" will face this ability. Nero smirked as he crossed the campus with the lad.

Noriko-Sensei

Noriko sat there after having patched up Agni from his fight earlier. With extreme amounts of focus she could accelerate the healing of one's body but it was tiring. Reaching into her private fridge she pulled out another beer and popped the top. "Ah, just what the doctor ordered." She giggled softly as she began to down the bitter beverage with unashamed pleasure. To her, beer was like the fuel to her fire for life. It really left her with a sense of fulfillment and drive. However, these moments would always be fleeting. The opening of the infirmary door being a sign to that.

Looking around from the curtain that hid her "office" she saw Nero and Nix. Nero never really came here, but she merely sighed at the appearance of Nix. "What'd he do this time?" She asked expecting the answer to be blowing himself up during his personal training sessions.

"Fought a third year and used a bit too much of his SE." Dropping the boy onto the bed without any hint of care or concern Nero left with quick steps.

"Well, I wonder if that fight taught you anything Nix." Noriko giggled as she covered the lad up. Exhaustion was something she couldn't speed up without actually aging the person, something she didn't even want people to realize she could do. "Soon the day will end and tomorrow will arrive." Noriko smiled as she continued sipping at her beer. "I wonder what awaits these students? And more concerning, what awaits all of us." Noriko spoke as if something bad were about to happen at the school despite never once having something like that happen.

Ramona Viore

Ramona felt calm as she finally cleared the ice from the gym. A few tears still remained frozen to her cheek, but ultimately she felt like she'd let go of her emotions thoroughly. She needed to have a clear head for when Nero arrived, their duel would be a show mostly because neither ever held back. Nero's power to influence gravity made it a lot harder to hit him however, cold wasn't something that someone could repel and that was her greatest strength. She just had to keep him moving and let the cold get to him until he had to focus on keeping himself warm instead of repelling her guardian. "I wonder if he'll have anything new to provide. The last few fights he's seemed so, distant." Ramona felt worry in her voice. The same thing had happened early this year with her classmate. Shaking her head free of those thoughts Ramona wiped away the tears and sat down to read, awaiting the appearance of her friend.

be8c2aeb-276e-4959-839f-6e0b799c5db6.gif

Ketsueki Ekitai

As a new student of souldew they don't know what to expect, so all they could feel is a bit of shyness. With both of their hands touching each other as they were around their waste. Looking slightly down to the ground ignoring whatever comes their way, as they're still learning how "communicating" works around here. Especially in overly crowded areas such as this school. 

Nothing much was on their mind, and why they're even here, and what they're here for. But all they have to do is bare it, and wait for something good to happen. Ketsueki began to take out a folded paper, they soon unfolded the paper and, what it appears to be was a schedule that was handed to him by one of the staff. The first thing they read was "Come to the gym" In bright blue letters. So without further ado they did what the paper had told them to do, head to the gym and, that's all their is too it. They began to feel a little change in temperature. "Why is it cold here? I do sense numerous people from the inside, I guess they've already started." They said, as they made it inside. 

Daisuke Harada

Daisuke was not one to be social.  Which is why he stayed behind while other students went to congratulate the newly crowned second year student.  No, this antisocial young man was contempt with leaning against a wall and staring from afar.  The fight hadn't been much of a surprise to him, it seemed there were plenty of strong adept in the second class this year and she was no exception.  However, he found the outcome of the fight to be rather boring.  Daisuke had been hoping that the fight would've lasted longer so he would have more time to study her techniques.  From the way she could control air Daisuke had learned a bit on how to control the wind, but not nearly enough to satisfy him.  As much as he dreaded the thought, he would have to ask her for help on how to control his powers. 

Tearing himself off of the wall, Daisuke gave Gail one last empty glare and proceeded to leave the room, but not before sending a powerful gust of wind her way.  A wind that carried with it a strange, very ominous feeling.  As the wind reached Gail it almost felt as if it had went through her, even though it hadn't.  The feeling of this eerie wind would send chills up the spines of most people, one of the many reasons why others kept their distance from Daisuke.  What few students that remained in the room slowly creeped out of his way, their whispers of what a freak he was echoing in his eardrums.  As per usual Daisuke paid them no mind as he officially exited the room, all the while dreadfully anticipating that Gail would follow.

(@Thalia_Neko @Anyone who might've been in Daisuke's way)

Sylvia Lynneheym

"Do what ever you want" She said. She was annoyed by this kid now. "And let me tell you that every Unique ability is interesting, there is a reason on why they were called unique." She then felt a strange eerie wind go through her. She then lookef at the student who produced it off abd smiled. Another unique student.

@Idea (sorry its short)

Lakyta DeCosta 

Lakyta purses her lips, pressing them into a mulish line, awkward didn't affect her, ever, boring personalities though...oh man that bothered her there had to be a way to get the guy to at least laugh, he hadn't even asked for his music player back and decided right then she'd keep ahold of it for awhile, until she got bored; though she could entertain herself if she had to. Haru answered with minimal effort, okay, she'd learn about him bit by bit then, what question...Lakyta blinked her beautiful navy eyes and grinned suddenly, she knew a good question, "So hey...I show you mine, and you show me yours?" Okay so she asked the question in a very round about way that could have been taken the wrong way, except her hand pulled out a decent sized little orb of sterling silver and grinned when it started to morph and move like liquid, solidifying into a disc that she sat down on with a wide smile. "I'm a Ferrokinetic, know what that can do? Hehe~ Well~ it can manipulate metals of all kinds. In mythology Hades and one of his daughters could use it, though theirs was much more powerful and not as limited as mine, they could pull mass amounts of gems from the earth, not just metals; I can sense them below the earth, it's a decently useful skill to help find materials. So, what can you do?" She smiled as she sat on the floating metal disk, swinging her legs back and forth while she floated there, enjoying showing off some of what she could do, simply because it was a point of pride for her, her powers always had been, and this could maybe spark a conversation that would tempt her to give back his MP3. She didn't blatently say she was more skilled than she showed, he could maybe find out how she fought another day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back