Souldew Academy

gumi_war_by_kawaiptitfolle95-d4l5exm.png

Kiyoko Gearmul

Kiyoko was honored the girl asked her to spar with her smiling wide she nodded her head. "I do indeed know I've not only done my fair bit of research but I've had time to practice a bit with it." She walked fast a bit to catch up then slowed down to match Ramona's speed Kiyoko could tell the girl was in a league of her own just by the way she walked. Not to mention the amount of eyes that locked onto her as the two walked. "Woah I can't believe I get to spar with someone who is so famous." Ramona had to be famous now if only Kiyoko could take her face out of books long enough to of known why she probably wouldn't be so clueless right now. "Oh yeah lived here all me life. It's got some nice people in it." As she spoke her smile wasn't as big as before it was a softer smile and her hand found it's way to her goggles adjusting them for no reason really. 

@Kiroshiven

Tatsuya Einfield

Tatsuya smiled and then sighed afterwards. He wished that someone would spar with him. Most of the old students does not like to spar with him  as they feel outmatched. Tatsuya has a reputation that nobody has ever landed a hit on him. He knows every move the opponent would make and could avoid them. He also uses his guns to disrupt spell casting. Some students fear me, was it because he was a third year? Or was it because of bis powers? His powers should not be feared, it could not harm others, much more himself. He would like to see them spar. He does not know who would win, as he never underestimate somebody and judge them earlier. He tries to expect the unexpected without using his powers. He does not want to be over dependent on them.

David hears the two girls (? I think they are girls...) discussing the spar they might have, and approaches them, as he sheathes a pretty heavy looking hand cannon onto his back. His battered black leather jacket was fully unzipped, revealing David's well-toned, rock hard muscles under his simple, green shirt. His hand, however, has a serious looking...burn mark of sorts, but only on his nerves strangely.

"May I watch your spar? I'd like to see how both of you fight."

His accent is quite northern (northern England, I mean) but he nullifies it slightly so people can understand him.

@Nenma Takashi @Kiroshiven

*Gail Uhara*

~~~

wjizOuc.png

Gail felt someone catch her, while she momentarily fainted. Blinking bright blue orbs up at him, she couldn't get the redness to leave her face. Four months at school, already, and she hadn't received anywhere near the attention like the attention she had received in the short time of her Advancement Test being staged and completed. Standing upright once more, she listened to his question, and thought about it.

Within the next few days, she assumed she'd settle into the routine of any Second Year. Going to classes in her new schedule, and start learning new ways her abilities could be better focused. So, that was her answer, "Um, well," with a shrug, she continued, "go to class as a Second Year... Learn what Second Years learn. That's about it. Also, you can call me Gail..." Turning her gaze away, she stated, "None of this 'miss' stuff! Gail will do."

Once she turned her gaze away, Gail once again found herself looking at Leah, and the girl behind her, conversing with Nero. A smile found her face, and she waved once to the girl there, while her mind wandered.

The nasty voices of those students who felt slighted because of her accomplishments wormed their way through her head. Complaints, harshly stated, that she had cheated -with fire, or light; unfounded completely.

'She claims to use air!'

'She used fire! She used light!'

That was a big one. Of course she'd use fire against Agni! Using fire against him was too tempting. How, though? When air was the one that resonated with her spirit. Duh, it was air resistance and friction. Was basic physics not taught here or something? Or did those students just not pay attention? It took a lot of SE control. Did no one understand just how much SE was required to spin air so fast that the particles would ignite? That level of SE control was insane! Third Year stuff even. Idiots!

Then there was the complaint that she had used light or something. Ugh. That one was simple! It was just her SE revealing itself. Focused directly into her attack. That was definitely stuff you'd learn in Second Year, even Gail knew that. Any competent Second Year should be able to do that. Which probably meant a lot of students simply weren't competent. Go figure. No wonder they were so envious.

'Flying?! What sort of bs ability is that? Stay on the ground like the rest of us, coward!'

So what if she could fly, and they couldn't? Should she gimp herself? Flying was one of the hardest techniques in her repertoire, and was one of the most complicated maneuvers her Spiritual Energy could muster. How much strain it put on her SE to sustain flight; the control to not simply fling herself around like a rag-doll. Did no one understand how she had passed the test? Even if she had ultimately lost the fight to Agni, Gail was certain she would've been approved to Second Year.

Anything involving Agni's uselessness, or unwillingness to even fight appropriately. Or his laziness, and capacity to throw a fight. Well, none of that Gail could really comment on. To her he was just an arrogant prick that she had managed to humiliate. Whatever. Too bad for him, really. Nothing she could do about the choice for her duel. Finally, the rumors regarding...

'Her parents...'

Those unpleasant words being thrown around. Unwanted memories, and visuals filled her mind. Gail found herself growing angrier than usual thinking about those words. Why were people so vindictive? They were all students, and were all there to become Adepts to help the world. Why did this test matter so much? Why couldn't they leave her parents out of it? Why did that even matter? Winds were kicking up lightly around her, as her anger grew.

Sighing, she forced herself to calm down. Gail did not want to draw attention to herself, for unwanted wind blowing violently through the area. She allowed her emotions to control her ability a tad too much. Though her wind's power could grow significantly if she released some of her emotions into it. This wasn't the time or place for that, though. Settling down, she walked away.

Gail left the arena's surface, with students still talking there, but most having completely cleared out. Academy workers were filling onto the ring, looking to clean and fix it up. To prepare it for whatever else it might be used for: club activities, dueling purposes, classes. Those workers, annoyed, began to bother the students, forcing them off the platform that was the arena, wanting to finish their work. Aside from the students that were still chatting there, most of the excitement was completely over.

What now? Gail wondered, looking around curiously.

@Kiroshiven @Shirochankun @Wickedkent @The Fabulous Emerald @SP3CT3R @Nenma Takashi

Last edited by a moderator:

Nix Falcore (Fal-cor-ay)

"Alright Nix, concentrate for once." The coach's words dug into Nix's skin as he held pointed his index finger at the target a solid fifty feet away from him. This was a class that some of the teachers put together for him simply because they believed that, despite being a first year, he could actually manage to control his SE and fire his trick shots without actually having a gun in hand. It was a wasted effort on everyone's part. And often cause Nix more problems than learning the skill was worth.

In the four months since his arrival to Souldew, he'd managed to blow himself up every single time he shot his explosive round and caused the smoke alarm to go off at least thirty times with his blackout bullet. There was no need for him to keep trying, he knew he wouldn't succeed, but here he was getting lectured on how to do it, again. Taking a deep breath, Nix felt his SE wash over him and watched as the small red orb formed at the end of his fingertip. Already the bullet sparked and swirled in an unstable manner. Easing up on the amount of SE he put in, Nix waited til no more surges were happening. "Alright Nix, you finally gotten it to pretty good size. Now just shoot the target."

Shoot the target he says. If it was that easy I wouldn't even NEED these lessons. Nix complained silently as his thoughts wandered off to the advancement test being held. Supposedly, he may even get one if he could learn to do this, but Nix didn't want to skip a year. It was fun being a first year, plus he could always get to tease Scarlett and see that sister of hers. Thinking about them, Nix forgot to focus on his bullet and shot it out towards the target. His eyes watched the bullet speed off. One, two, three, four......KABOOM! Nix went flying backwards as the bullet exploded once it reached the five foot distance he'd determined to be the furthest he could control a bullet he shot and that a gun didn't shoot. Coughing up the dust that had managed to get kicked up in the explosion, Nix looked to his coach.

"Yeah yeah, I know. I lost my focus." Rolling his eyes Nix stood up and glared at the coach. "Why do I even NEED to be able to do this? I always have my guns on me and if not, I'm fast enough to get away from most anything. It's not like I'll ever be in a situation where I'm fifty feet from my opponent without a gun and NOT running away." Nix growled as he started towards the exit, picking his two pistols and his revolver from the table. They were goodbye gifts from some friends back in Esprit, not that any of them kept in touch over the last four months. As he holstered the guns he felt a strong hand grab hold of his shoulder.

"Until you shoot the target, we're not leaving."

"You want me to shoot the target? Fine." Pulling out his pistols in the blink of an eye, Nix shot four rounds that all collided with the target, exploding into a massive display of fire and destruction. "I shot the target." The coach's glare explained that that WASN'T what he meant. Not wanting to sit through another lecture, Nix changed to his blackout bullet and fired off the round into the dirt. the cloud of black smoke filling the arena as he ran out and towards the other end of campus. "FREEDOM!!!" He cried out, firing off a few celebratory explosive rounds into the sky. The explosions acting like his own personal fireworks.

Now he was off, sprinting across the campus. He didn't want to see the advancement test itself, as it had likely been over for a while now. He wanted to see the results. As he climbed up the steps and saw everyone standing around, he caught sight of the group forming in the center. It seemed they'd all gathered to chat. And within that group were Gail, the girl who was taking the test, Scarlett and Leah. Nix looked at Leah and couldn't help but shake his head. What a waste that she was into women. If Ramona was a queen then Leah was like a goddess. Scarlett should ask her for some tips. With a little bit of effort she could have every guy on their knees in no time. He chuckled before leaping into the arena. 

"HEYO! HOW'D THE FIGHT GO?!" He cried out, trying to get a gist of what was going on. He knew he probably only had a minute before the other students ratted out his current location and he was dragged back to 'SE Control Practice' as the coach said. It was more like 'repetitive hell practice' as far as Nix was concerned. He wanted to go out into the world, discover new bullet types, steal the hearts of women everywhere and maybe even save the universe.

@Thalia_Neko @Shirochankun @Wickedkent @The Fabulous Emerald @SP3CT3R @Nenma Takashi

(I really like flashy entrances. Lol.)

Leah looked at Gail who'd fainted and regained consciousness. "yeah... we should give her some space." She finished just as Nix came running in and yelled out a greeting. Much like Leah had done but minus the running in part. "hey Nix. break out again?" She asked, but didn't wait for a reply as she looked back at Nero. Who she gave a soured look to, for his comment about not being her. "what's that supposed to mean?" Leah huffed and crossed her arms.

Scarlett retracted her hand after it was released by Nero. Her cheeks were still colored lightly. She nodded politely to the rest of what Nero said since she couldn't find her words at the moment. Or rather, just didn't trust herself to speak without saying something stupid. She really didn't know how to handle what'd just happened and kept looking at her sister, hoping Leah did know what was supposed to be done in this situation. 

"look what you did, Nero! my sister's cheeks are--"

"LEAH!" Scarlett yelled and quickly silenced her older sister with another chop to the head. For the third time in under an hour. 

"owwwwwwwwwwww! whyyyyyy? i was just helping-"

"ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, just shush." Scarlett cut off her sister. it was bad enough she was blushing sorta. And it would be worse if Leah brought more attention to it by yelling at Nero. The fewer people to see her blush, the better. "Nero-sempai, im going to leave now. so i can return to training. if you have nothing else you need to do. you can join us." Scarlett found her voice. The thought of training already calming her down from a moment ago. 

"noooooooooooo, not again! you're always training. i just finally managed to drag you away!" Leah whined, rubbing her head. "and your karate chops are getting harder."

@Thalia_Neko[COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)] [/COLOR] @Wickedkent @The Fabulous Emerald @SP3CT3R @Nenma Takashi @Kiroshiven

*Gail Uhara*

~~~

j2POdkS.png

Gail was lost in thought, when someone tapped her on her shoulder. "Oh! Excuse me! Sorry, I spaced!" she blurted out, before realizing who was standing before her. An older woman, in sophisticated clothes, with long pinkish hair. On her beautiful face was a stern, yet warm look. The type of stare she always had. Realizing who it was, Gail happily squeaked, "Ms. Hazuki-sensei! I thought..."

The woman standing there, couldn't help but titter, with a grin. Shaking her head, arm on her hip, sassy as ever, she spoke up, "Gail, haven't I always told you to call me 'Hime'?" she asked, her red eyes locking onto the student's blue ones.

"Yes! I'm sorry, Ms. Haz- Hime! I just.. Hard to break the habit! Hehe," Gail replied, a tad flustered. "I thought you were.."

Again she was cut off, "Observing your Advancement Test?" Hime inquired, seeing a nod from Gail. "Well of course! It was I who suggested you take the test after all! I didn't show up late, if that's what you were thinking!" She alerted Gail, though the girl should've already known that; indicating she had been up in the high-rise booth, overlooking the entire arena, like a judge would've been.

Gail looked perplexed. "Ms.. Haz.."

"Uh-huh-uh. Gail..." Hime waved a finger. "What, you don't remember?"

A quick memory flashed through her the girl's mind. Of Gail inside a classroom, after hours. With the sun-setting. The windows allowing the soft golden hue from it to enter the room. Her teacher was speaking to her about the test, saying she'd most definitely succeed, and that she shouldn't be wasting time there. Gail was listening, holding up her hand, forming a mini-tornado there. It was not even sort-of swerving. The tornado there was in a complete symmetrical spin. The level of SE control most First Years did not have, readily displayed.

"Yes, Hime-sensei..." Gail responded, with a nod. Now she remembered! Her teacher had definitely recommended her, after the conversation that evening.

"Heh. Yes! Good!" Hime purred. "It was an excellent fight! Even if Agni hadn't been so haughty, I'm certain you still would've snuffed his fire out!" She clapped her hand against Gail's back, then wrapped it around her shoulders. An exacerbated "Hime-sensei!" escaped the young teen girl at her side, causing the woman to laugh. "I know we aren't supposed to play favorites... But it's hard! Ah, screw it! Gail, you are my favorite! Hehe!"

Gail couldn't help but feel incredibly embarrassed. Her eyes scanned the area, wondering if anyone was watching, or paying attention to this unusual display; teachers didn't normally cling to students like this, or praise them as their favorites! A red blush was on her cheeks, like usual when someone gave her a compliment.

"Hah! Loosen up, kiddo! You're one of the most brilliant students I've ever seen come through my classroom! At least when it comes to SE levels and control! You'd think your SP was with you since you were born!" Hime-sensei was saying, her red eyes scanning the crowd. A gentle, yet solemn look came over her face. "Look at you, Gail. You've already made so many friends! You really did belong in Year Two."

Both Hime's and Gail's eyesight followed the same path. The dude with the canon, David. The weird blue goo-dude, that had his SP completely take over his physical from; someone Gail inadvertently couldn't help but feel sorry for. It must be tough not looking human at all, anymore. Nero, the cool cat that teased chicks. That beautiful 'queenly' woman and Third Year, Ramona. The girl named Leah, who only was really mentioned to her, but seemed nice enough. The other Third Year dude, that had caught her from fainting, and hitting the ground. That was nice of him. She may even be able to make friends with the weird goggles-girl that was speaking with that beautiful idol that was a Third Year.

Yup, she had quickly made some friends, since becoming a Second Year. More than she had in the four months she had spent as a First Year. Though, she had been dutifully dedicated to her studies before this test.

After her words, however, Gail could instantly tell Hime's tone was different; that something odd was up. Looking up beside her to the woman there. She thought she saw a tear grace the teacher's eye. "Hime-sensei, I may be a Second Year now, but I'll definitely come back to see you!"

"What about me, Gail?!" The boy right beside her inquired.

"Oh! You too, Koht! Of course! Just because I'm Year Two now, doesn't mean we aren't friends anymore!" Gail reassured him, as well as Ms. Hazuki.

Hime laughed, and released Gail out from under her arm, only to snatch Koht's coat, and pull him. "Come along, Koht'Alo! Let's leave the girl to her devices! She's got new people to mingle with! Sides, boyo, you need to train more, if you want to catch up to Gail! Hahaha!"

"Eep! Ms. Hazuki-san! You're too forceful!!" Koht whined, while the woman lead him away, with Gail grinning after the two.

Suddenly, someone burst in with a loud, boisterous shout. Some dude, who she didn't recognize. Though, Gail honestly probably should have, considering until just a short while ago, they were both First Years together. The light-purple haired girl really had primarily focused hard on her training as an Adept.

Waving to him eagerly, she shouted back, "Hello! It went well! Won and passed, dude!" Had he not seen it? Well, not everyone in the entire school had shown up. Of course not. Thinking that would've been silly, but for him to appear after, seemed a tad odd to her. If he had had interest, why did he wait to show up? Still, her questions in her mind meant nothing, while she greeted him nicely, and with a friendly smile.

Ms. 'Hime' Hazuki (-sensei)

~~~

Tg3jF3m.jpg

Koht'Alo

~~~

Eqve2td.jpg

@The Fabulous Emerald @SP3CT3R @Kiroshiven @Shirochankun @Wickedkent @Nenma Takashi

Tatsuya Einfield

He nodded and decided to call gail her name. Calling her miss was part of him being a gentleman and such. He treats ladies with respect. Somebody then joined in the crow that was surrounding gail.

He chuckled and approached Nix. They both like and uses guns as their weapons.

"Nix, why don't you spar with me?" He smirked "Guns against guns, bullets against bullets. This could atleast give you a little bit of fun and prevent your coach from dragging you back to the practice room."

Noriko Sensei

Noriko was done with her beer and everyone had left, save for the group in the center. "Ah, how I miss my youth in Souldew." She mumbled as she stood up before quickly glancing about the arena. Her violet SE surrounded the beer can as she used her power to age the metal cylinder into dust. As far as the academy and any media were concerned, this particular power was only possible "in theory." However, during her fourth year she'd managed to succeed to prove that it could work. It's been how's she's hidden every beer can she drank while on the job. "Thankfully, very few know about this." Noriko giggled to herself as she walked out to the arena. "It was a good showing wasn't it Hazuki?" Noriko smiled as she addressed the other teacher while she complimenter her "favorite student". The warmth of the beer filling her to the core as she spoke.

"Now, if all of you will excuse me, I have to go tend to Agni's injuries." Flashing a playful glance to Gail, Noriko left the arena with a spring in her step. She was in a good mood for the first time all day. Whether it was the beer or the prospective of Ms. Uhara, that was still to truly be determined. All Noriko knew was that this year was going to be even better than the last. "You should try and stay out of trouble Mr. Falcore." With nary a thing to say, Noriko was gone back to the Infirmary to help tend to the day's patients.

Ramona Viore

Ramona casually looked over at the girl who seemed so nonchalant about talking with her. Then she mentioned fame. That was why this girl was so relaxed, she'd never heard of the rumors about her. It was an amusing thought, but first Ramona had to wait for the girl to finish. "I see, V-city is a very interesting city." Ramona had only really gotten to see much of it over the three years that she'd been attending Souldew Academy, it wasn't enough to break her free of her mannerisms or give her a sense of wanderlust, but it did give her an idea of what she was going to fight for.

"You do know that I'm referred to as the 'Ice Queen' don't you Ms. Gearmul?" Ramona asked just before another person approached them, wanting to observe their spar. It was David from Nero's class. He wanted to merely observe the spar between a first and third year? That would be a fairly boring show to watch. Third years were in a class of their own that not even a second year could contend with. "Might I ask that you participate as well? Despite her possible skill, I believe that the difference in SE between myself and Ms. Gearmul might be too great for a traditional match. I was likely going to turn it into endurance training for myself, but if you wish to partake as well, I'm sure that I'll be able to go all out without reservation." Every word was exactly what Ramona thought, each word was as emotionless as the icy blue eyes that had turned to the male. She meant no harm, but at the same time, meant every word.

Nix Falcore

"Yes, Noriko-sensei." Nix responded to the nurse's words with actual acknowledgement rather than just saying it to placate her. Now, the greeting form the other lively member of this group was EXACTLY what Nix had been hoping for. "Of course I slipped out Leah. I couldn't go a day without gazing upon the goddess' beauty after all." He winked playfully at Leah. "And of course, the Goddess' sister looks lovely as usual." Nix added a bit casually to tease Scarlett. Nix liked the two sisters on a platonic level, but flirting and complimenting the two was easy and natural. Who would deny that these two looked good? Not many, if any at all. It seemed even the second year Nero liked their appearance himself.

The response form the actual person pertaining to the fight was a good sight to see. Gail Uhara had never really paid any attention to his flirtatious undertones with her AT ALL during the last four months. She was like a bookworm, incapable of noticing the world around her. And that was certainly a waste. His eyes changed to a jade green as he approached her. "Congrats Gail. Think you'll be able to make time for things OTHER than training in the future?" His smile was as mischievous as his thoughts were, but the sudden question from a third year he'd heard rumors about pulled him away. His hues changing to yellow as he heard the mention of NOT having to go back to practice.

"Seriously?! You'll help me avoid having to go back to SE Focus Training with Coach Velen? You're my hero man!" Nix laughed without any remorse just before remembering WHY nobody sparred with the guy. The ability to see the future made it difficult to fight him, but add in the difference between a first and third year and well, he didn't stand much of a chance, but it was get his butt handed to him on a silver platter or blow himself up thirty more times. That was a no brainer. "Sure, we can spar. This arena's freed up right now right?" He looked about and all the teachers were gone. "Sweet." He smirked as he drew his twin pistols and leapt away from the male.

Nero Sanshiro

Nero had to contain his laughter at Leah's responses. She didn't seem to be as quick on the uptake as Scarlett, but that was part of his classmate's charm. The arrival of another first year wasn't much of an issue, but the fact that he immediately started flirting with every girl in the group was irksome. Did this boy have no shame or dignity? Nero took a deep breath before returning to his conversation with the sisters. "I'm afraid I have to agree with Leah on this one Scarlett." He smiled at her before motioning towards the exit. "All work and no play makes Scarlett a dull girl." He quoted the old saying as he head towards the exit. "We should go explore V-city or something. Have the two of you ever ridden in an automobile before?" He smirked as he figured the pair hadn't. Cars weren't exactly commonplace outside of the incredibly wealthy, so he figured that they might enjoy the ride. "That or we can watch the first year get put into the dirt, that's always a possiblity." Nero motioned towards Nix whom had already taken up a fighting stance for the "sparring match" between him and Tatsuya.

@Shirochankun @Thalia_Neko @Wickedkent @The Fabulous Emerald @Nenma Takashi

"No thanks, I prefer not to fight those who are literally proven to be better than me. I'd rather not die today thanks."

The thing is, he says it with such a tone that sort of makes it...seem humourous. In like a Yorkshire accent type way. Regardless, he isn't lying and he is also putting his arms behind his head casually.

@Kiroshiven

*Gail Uhara*

~~~

uIEA2Qm.png

Gail watched as... Hime-sensei walked away, only to stop for a moment, before some other teacher softly and quickly spoke to her. She could just barely hear the fact that the other faculty member was off to help tend to Agni. Oh, she was a nurse of some sort, and worked in the infirmary. That was cool. No wonder Gail didn't recognize her. Despite training, and working so hard, the new Second Year had not ever needed a trip to the infirmary. She had been pretty meticulous about her own health, in spite of her tough exercise regime. Eating well, resting well, knowing when to hold off due to limits. Gail was extremely thorough, and it had paid off. She prided herself on being one of the most studious Adepts in Year One; maybe even the entire school!

Turning her head away from the exchange between the teachers, where she had inadvertently eavesdropped, hearing an affirming "Mhmm," from Hime-sensei. She again, found time to inadvertently eavesdrop. Instantly, perking up, at the sound of a duel taking place. It was that dude Tatsuya who had caught her. She still thought that was nice of him. It would have hurt to fall against the ground, with no SE to protect her body from fainting like an idiot. He was in the process of challenging that dude that had just showed up after the test was over, shouting like he owned the place.

She noted they were debating on using this area for their match. When it seemed that they would, Gail glanced over at the Academy's janitorial staff, who were waiting to clean the ring after everyone got out of their way. Though, it hadn't seemed that Tatsuya and Nix noticed the workers wanting to clean and fix the place up, instead deciding to go ahead and spar right here. Which, inevitably would annoy the crap out of the workers who wanted to simply do their job. Couldn't account for rowdy, energetic Adepts it seemed. Smiling, she observed.

While she waited for the two to begin fighting, Gail thought back to Nix's question that she hadn't got to immediately answer, due to his excitement for the sparring match. It was laced with an undertone of sorts. Like he was implying she shouldn't simply just continue the way she was, especially now that she had achieved Second Year early. He also might've been implying something else... That got her flustered for a moment, but only just a moment. To not interrupt their fight, she answered Nix's question, which was about if there was more time in her life for other things, before anything got going, "Hm, maybe! There's a possibility of that!" she called, with a short laugh.

Turning away, though, she did intend to watch the sparring match, she stepped up beside Nero. "Hiya!" she said to the group there, clasping her hands behind her back, and rocking on her feet. Looking at the redheaded girl he was speaking to. "Who might you be?" she asked the girl there that Nero appeared to be flirting with. "I'm Gail! Though, I'm guessing you knew that! Hehe.. still, just want to remember my manners. Speaking of which!" It seemed like she had repeated a line similar to that, numerous times. Regardless, she pulled one hand out from behind her back, to offer it in a shake to the girl she was meeting beside Nero.

@Shirochankun @Kiroshiven @Wickedkent

Tatsuya Einfield

He smiled when the first year leaped away from him. He then drew his twin pistols from his holster underneath his jacket. He then focused and exhaled. He is gonna help the first year escape from the training, but this spar will still be like his SE Control training without his coach. He then closed his eyes and opened it meaning that he has unleashed his powers. Powerful aura would have come out of him, but he suppressed it. No SE was visible and no signs of him increasing it. This was the true meaning of Soul Energy Control. Some people would like their aura to go rage to intimidate their enemies, but Tatsuya was not like that. He then pointed his right pistol to the first year while keeping his other one in ready. He wants to go easy on the guy and not go all out. It would be unfair and make him an ass, as he was the one who invited the guy to spar and he cant just end it right away. 

"Start" He said. He wants the first year to act first before he makes a move.

Nix Falcore

Nix could feel it, the sudden shift in the tension between him and Tatsuya. Neither one really wanted to make the first move, but it was obvious that the third year would have more patience than Nix. He wanted to avoid going back and if the fight didn't start and his coach found him, well that wouldn't be good. The feeling of his SE flowing into the empty magazine of his pistols was as comforting as lying in his bed. He was at one with himself and all his desires were now focused into one thing: winning. "Hope you all enjoy the show." Nix cried out as he shot the first round into the dirt at his feet, the black bullet exploding into a cloud of smoke to hide his movements.

Lowering his glasses down to conceal his eyes' color, Nix felt the smirk worm its way onto his face. "Let's see you dance pretty boy." Nix could feel his SE moving wildly within him. Despite his focus on winning, he still wanted to go flirt with Scar and Leah. He wanted to climb the school building by riding the shockwave from his explosive rounds. There were so many other thoughts tugging at him that even maintaining focus for a full fight would be a problem. The sound of gunshots rang out as four bullets came flying out of the smoke cloud towards Tatsuya, their bright red glow revealing what bullets they were. Two towards the boy himself and two at his feet, knocking him back and possibly down was Nix's personal condition for victory. Other than that, he knew his own SE, though vast, wouldn't last long enough against any third year. Moving off to the side, Nix continued to keep the smokescreen up. Sure the ability to see the future was good, but keeping himself hidden would allow him to change things up as needed.

@Wickedkent

(Hiiro´s POV)

My first move was obvious. There was someone who´s SE was down after the fight. Probably even more since he LOST the fight and to a first year on top of that. An arrogant little punk like that was probably steaming red from it, a very fitting color for his abilities. And those were my target. My own SE would get enlarged and I had a potential new weapon in my arsenal. I didn´t have a pyromant added yet, so this was a rather convenient situation to be in. I disliked the fact that I had to turn down the music to hear things in more detail, I was dealing with someone who could potentially be guarded.

"Hello." I greeted the nurse. "Quite the beating this one got."

I pointed at the boy, got warned about touching him and shrugged. By this point I had already acquired the ability to create an aura of fire around my body, like a skin that was worn over my everything, of hot flames. A dangerous ability, for opponents and myself alike. I smirked, as that was just how I liked it, and left waving. There was another match to watch. I figured since I had already watched one today that inspecting the quality of some other candidates for Drain would perhaps prove my previous stance of disconsidering most people wrong. We were in a prestigious academy after all.

I walked into the thing the arena once more, hands on my pockets, and prepared to increase the volume on my music a little,

@Thalia_Neko if you want

Tatsuya Einfield

He smiled as the bullets approached him. He dodged two and shot the other two with his right pistol which exploded upon impact. This made him leap backwards. His eyes scanned the area and he made battle analysis. The smoke was troublesome and the explosive rounds were annoying, he cant go on an offensive as long as the smoke is still up. This is where his experience as a third year comes up. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When he opened his eyes, his Spirit Energy sent out a burst of air clearing the smoke. His Spirit Energy was now visible and his eyes glowed bright blue, it shouldn't have happened if he kept suppressing the Spirit Energy inside him. He smiled as the visible spirit energy slowly retreated back to his body He then looked at the First Year and smiled and pointed his pistols at him. He sent two bullets towards the first year and then shot some multiple times to where he predicted Nix would go to evade it. He is aware that if he couldn't dodge it, he would counter it and then sent more bullets to his desired location at a rapid rate.

Sylvia Lyyneheym

She was sitting on one of the bench observing the match between the First Year and the Third Year. He was aware of Tatsuya's power as he was once under her. She taught him and the other students on how to manipulate their SE in certain ways. There was also a girl she took an interest on, it was the girl who passed the Advancement Test. Sylvia would surely observe her.

Leah barely gave Nix's flirts any attention. She was literally impervious to all flirts... aside from those from other girls. Then she'd be no better than her adorable blushing sister, who was standing beside her. With that, Leah's mind wandered off into fantasy land. Daydreaming about a girl who would cuddle with her had some similar interests.. ect. Her cheeks gradually started to turn various shades of red, darkening more with each shade. Eventually, within a span of seconds, Leah had slipped deep into her daydreams. Even going so far as to hug her sister in the way one would a lover. Spaced out Leah even tried kissing her sister!

Scarlett, however, was having none of this kissing business. At least, not from her own half-blood sister. The redhead wouldn't have minded so much if her older sister was trying to kiss her cheek. And if no one was around to see it. Although Scarlett would likely deny that if you asked her. But no, She saw Leah was going for her lips and Scarlett did not want her first kiss to be stolen by her older sister. Twisting out of her sister's hug, Scarlett thumped Leah's forehead with her finger. hard. "Leah, wake up." She commanded.

"OW! what?? what did i do?" Leah whined, having snapped awake instantly.

"you just attempted to kiss me!" Scarlett's tone of voice became that of a scolding mother. "how do you even dream whilst standing?"

"I WHAT?!" Leah yelled, looking to Nero as if for confirmation of such an event nearly happening. "uhhhhhh... skill?"

Scarlett facepalmed and then remembered Nero was watching this whole ordeal. She blushed, embarrassed by how Leah had just acted. She widened her eyes at Nero after he'd finished talking. A car?.. like A CAR? almost no one had those! Only exceptionally rich people did and even then, to invite herself and Leah to ride one! It should have been impossible for such a thing to occur. Before she could reply, Gail joined them. Which made Leah's face brighten. Leah always loved when other girls were around. 

"hi, Grail. im Leah and behind my is my sister, Scarlett. she's a first year." Leah greeted excitedly. Also being the first to take Grail's hand. Which to Leah, felt soft. Which was unusual for Adepts what with training and such. 

Scarlett gave a short wave of her hand in greeting. Which was followed up with, "hi".

@Kiroshiven @Thalia_Neko

*Gail Uhara*

~~~

YDQWRBB.jpg

Approaching Nero, Leah, and the redheaded girl behind the two, she watched the scene play out. Leah began to clutch the other girl tightly to her, in a sensual embrace that brought redness to Gail's cheeks. Then she immediately began going for the other girl's lips, in a clear attempt at a kiss. Just this display made her steps falter, and she second guessed talking with the small group of students.

Still, she neared with a kind, warm smile, only a slight tinge heated her cheeks with embarrassment, watching the two. Hand clasped with Leah's, and she gently shook the Second Year's. Her eyebrow raised, realizing this Scarlett girl was a First Year. "Oh... Uh.. haha... h-hi..." she stammered, feeling ashamed she didn't recognize the redhead from her year. She mumbled, "I guess I shoulda known that..." Then something struck her.

"Wait, you two are sisters?!" Gail gasped out. "But! But! B-but!..." she motioned between them; performing a mini-play of hugging and kissing to indicate what she had just saw. "I thought... Um... Heh.. P-perhaps, I aughta.." Extremely flustered, with a reddened grin, she pointed away. "I, um, gotta do something. L-later!" With that, Gail darted quickly away. They were sisters?! Then why were they so friendly like that? Why was Leah trying to kiss Scarlet?

Gail had wanted to interact with the group, thinking they could potentially be friends. Just that scene though, had made her shy away in confusion. Bashful Gail reared her head, shying away from such intimacy that made her feel uncomfortable.

Thinking on it, but shaking her head to try to clear such weird thoughts, Gail found herself bumping quickly, into a guy a tad bit away, who was sort of hanging out alone; his attention on the ring. "OH! Gosh! E-excuse me! Sorry!" the purple-haired girl squeaked out, reaching for one of her long braided hair 'tails'. Stroking it awkwardly, she averted her blue eyes, trying not to look directly into the guy's eyes. Since she had just stupidly ran into him. Attempting to apologize, she began, already red in the face. "I-I'm Gail, and again, I apologize! I was stupid! My mind wandered and I.. Just sorry!" She hoped she hadn't hurt him, or bothered him too much. Gosh, why was she so awkward?

Gail, though quite friendly, did not interact with other students much. She had basically already connected to more students in the short time after her Advancement Test, then she did in her previous four months at Souldew.

Gunfire alerted her to something. "OH! It's started!" she squealed, giggling. Instantly, she turned, still standing beside the strange boy, blue orbs watching the spar closely. She was a sucker for sparring, training, fighting, and anything related to any of that in anyway! Eyes wide, she wondered. Was this what it was like, when people were watching her Advancement Test? It was amazing! Enthralled, Gail scrutinized every detail of those students's battle. Watching every subtle movement. Every fired bullet. Every exhibit of SE aura, or SP ability. It was amazing!

"Wow," Gail breathed.

@Shirochankun @Idea @Kiroshiven @Wickedkent

(Hiiro´s POV)

"This is...so boring." I commented to myself as I began watching the fight. The two were sorta playing a staring game at first, followed by dodgeball, but with SE bullets. Like those crappy western movies, this was just a waste and it was hard for me to understand how anyone could be interested in this. Even I could do better, which meant the third year clearly wasn´t taking it seriously and the first year wasn´t worth my time. I turned, glimpsed at someone coming in my direction and quickly took a step back to get on her way: It was someone I wanted to talk to after all.

I felt the power growing on me, air control. Extending my arm into the air, I stretched it the most I could.

"Three times that, huh?" A relatively short range, but with the right teacher, this ability might just become much more interesting. The amount of air I could control at once was also not the full extension of the air within the aforementioned range, but I could precise the exact amount. Still, that shouldn´t prove too much of a disadvantage , unless I was fighting someone who COULD actually control it´s full extent. Someone so skilled they jumped a year, perhaps? Someone like the girl who thought she just bumped into me by accident, the perfect teacher for this ability, if only I could get her to.

"Oh, not at all. Don´t worry kiddo, people bump into me all the time. I blame these." I smirked as I pointed at the headphones. "If I´m not mistaken, you´re the new second year, right? What was your name again? Oh, nice to meet you then Gail! No, no , I should probably welcome you to our grade, and with respect, that fight was truly impressive! I had no idea you could do those things with air... Though with how amazing you were I´m even more surprised they didn't just send you straight to third year."

I chuckled a bit, probably not for the reasons she might be thinking. The girl´s attention turned to the arena, watching that mediocre  fight like a child watching a sick elephant: nothing impressive to watch, but they still get all googly-eyed. I rubbed the back of my head, wondering how a person of her skill and power could act like that, but I thought I had to give an appropriate response.

"Are you enjoying it?" I simply inquired.

@Thalia_Neko

Sylvia Lyyneheym

sylvia.png

Her eyes was following gail when she bumped to a second year. She smiled as she knows who he was.

"Hiiro Kyuketsuki" She thought to herself. "Spirit power is drain, he is able to copy any skill from someone. However, all the skills he copied are weakened version of the original ones." She stood up and walked towards them. Sylvia has not yet congratulated gail as there were many people surrounding her.

"Hello" She waved her hand and smiled happily. "Congratulations on passing the advancement test, gail." She then looked at the second year beside her.

"Hello Hiiro"She said casually,

(Hiiro´s POV)

Two more people began approaching us, one of which a teacher. Crap, I wouldn´t be able to keep up a nice face like this! I needed a different opportunity, so I put a hand behind my head and smiled.

"Seems like we´re gonna have company. A shame, I was hoping to get a word with you... maybe later? We could, I don´t know, arrange to meet somewhere? I...well, don´t misunderstand this, I´m not implying anything, I was just surprised and quite honestly a little ashamed of myself for not picking myself up to that level you showed..."

And now a trump card. I had to be fast, they would be in hearing distance soon. I pulled down the headphones and whispered the last part.

"To be honest, I would like you to teach me, train me. You see, my ability..."

I didn´t finish the sentence, on purpose, and instead turned around and raised a hand.

"Hi miss Sylvia! I image you´re coming for the golden egg here?" I pointed at Gail, chuckled, then put my headphones on my ears again.

(short post just to give the sub-arc a chance.)

@The Fabulous Emerald @Thalia_Neko @Wickedkent

*Gail Uhara*

~~~

MxvdFQu.png

Gail noticed the headphones he pointed to, ah yes, that made sense. Listening to music was definitely akin to being lost within one's own thoughts, like she had just been. Leah and Scarlett appeared to be fun, cute students, but she was still just flustered that they were showing such affections like that. Especially, if they were sisters! Gail had completely misread that situation, and Leah had just been like she had just been. Lost in her own thoughts.

Then he complimented her, putting an idea into her head. A blush crossed her cheeks, like it had so often that day. "W-what?! Y-you think I c-could sk-skip another year?" she asked, blinking rapidly, staring in shock at him. Could she? She utterly trounced Agni after all.. It had taken a lot of her SE to do that powerful attack, but it hadn't taken it all. She was spunky, so she definitely still had some fight left in her. Thinking on it, maybe after another few months, she'd inquire about another Advancement Test... Third Year was certainly piquing her interest. Could she?... Nah. No way. That would be too ambitious, even for her. Then again... Maybe?

"Huh?" she squeaked, noticing he asked her another question. Searching her immediate short term memory banks, she realized what he had asked. With a chuckle, she nodded, "O-oh, yeah! I am! Their gun-shots are impressive! That one dude can shoot his SE out like explosions! That's pretty cool!" She began to wonder... could air explode? Hm, she might need to delve more into that. Gail found herself thinking up and to the right, picturing air explode in her head. With a start, she noticed that she was still in conversation with someone else. Air-headed she giggled sheepishly, wondering if he noticed her beginning to drift.

"S-sorry!" she squeaked out again. Gail was like this. Always thoughts of training, and getting better on her mind. Even though she was friendly, and easy to talk to, conversing with potential friends was a low priority of hers.

A teacher walked up, another she recognized. The First Year's teacher of SE Manipulation. A class with deceptive simplicity. Its title didn't sound too difficult 'SE Manipulation'. Something all Adepts went through. The class itself delved farther than that, though. Really getting into just what you could do and accomplish with your own Spirit Energy. Still, it was a class designed for First Years, and wasn't as complicated as SE Manipulation classes in later years. That didn't stop Gail from excelling at it, though.

Smiling shyly, she greeted her teacher, "Oh! Hi Ms. Sigrdifa! Oop!" Gail peeped. "A-am I allowed to call you by that nickname?" she asked timidly. Oh, the boy's name beside her was Hiiro? She looked over at him. Hiiro.

Curiously, Hiiro began to act unusually. Shy, perhaps? David, that other Adept from before, with a canon, began to approach again, and then there was a teacher there... Hiiro expressed wanting to speak to her -privately? His words began to make her cheeks red again. Not implying anything? Just what was he saying?! Oh. That was what he meant! He wanted... her to train him? Instead of embarrassment, Gail found herself perplexed. Why did he want a new Second Year to train him?

Just as he was stating what she inferred as his SP, he was cut off, instead referring to her as a golden egg. "EEP!" she squeaked, blushing once more, bright blue eyes quickly darting around. Gail wasn't all that special. Truly!

@Idea @The Fabulous Emerald @Wickedkent

[FONT= 'Times New Roman'][SIZE= 72px]Sylvia Lyyneheym[/FONT][/SIZE]

"That's fine" She said as she dances aroumd gail smiling. "So, how are you doing? It disappointing that you have to leave my class, I could have taught you better moves." She winked and then stopped. 

"Perhaps I should also be the second year teacher of SE Manipulation?" She said. "I will think about that, but you did an amazing job there gail. Making fire out of air. I will surely miss you in my class."

@Thalia_Neko

Nix Falcore

Nix panicked the moment the smokescreen was cleared. "Shit." He didn't think that the guy would just force the smoke away, but that was just him thinking the third year would at least take SOME pity on him. The bullets going every which way left little room for Nix to move, but there was something he could do. "This is gonna suck." He mumbled as he shot the explosion rounds toward his feet. The explosions throwing him into the air as he continued to shoot the bullets together. This was the closest thing to flying that he'd ever get. "Fine then. You won't hold back then neither will I." Nix hadn't really figured out all of this move, but holstering his pistols he pulled out his revolver and aimed down towards the arena where the older student stood.

Much like Gail's "Holy Lance" over the time spent between Esprit and Souldew, Nix had figured out his own "signature move" as some people called it. Nix just thought it was some overpowered ability because it tapped into bullets he couldn't normally fire. Channeling all of his energy into the revolver, Nix began to spin the chamber. "Rainbow Roulette." He cried and started to shoot the gun like mad. Bullets of all different colors and hues burst forth from the barrel as quickly as Nix could pull the trigger. Some were obviously going to miss others were going to strike. The only downside? Nix had no idea what the bullets did. The only two he recognized were the red and the black. He watched as a Cyan bullet collided with a yellow one and snow and lightning stuck out in wild bursts. Finally colliding with the ground Nix felt exhausted. That "move" drained him pretty much of all his SE, but at the same time was the most powerful tool in his arsenal. He'd only intended to use it once her figured out all the bullet types, but the third year had really gotten under his skin, just with his presence.

It took all of his strength for Nix to climb to his feet. He looked over to the cloud of dust, smoke, fire and other things wondering if he'd at least managed to cause the third year to fall to the ground. That was his condition for victory after all. He just wanted to make a third year stumble from their "perfection" to humble themselves before him. That was his goal at that very moment.

Nero Sanshiro

Nero watched the display between Scarlett and Leah with a smirk. They were a pair that really went well together, despite Scarlett seeming like the older one of the pair. He turned his attention away from the two and Gail to watch the fight. The showdown was easily in favor of the third year, that was just the natural oorder of things. However, the very last attack that the first year displayed was interesting. "A shower of bullets that have no set type. It's nearly impossible to predict which one will come out and where it will go. That's quite the counter to someone that can see the future." Nero chuckled, knowing that the third year would be fine. Once the bullets fired his vision would probably allow him to figure out where they were going, if the first year had shot it at a closer range than high in the sky, it might've done better.

"It seems this fight's over." Nero yawned before standing and starting to head towards the exit. "I feel like going for a ride around V-city. Anyone care to join?" He called over to the groups of people in the arena. He wasn't about to sit around and watch the third year put the finishing move out on the fight. However, he did intend for the opportunity for the others to come as well.

Ramona Viore

It seemed that things were happening back at the arena, but that was of little concern for Ramona. She merely continued walking, leaving those around her behind. She needed to train and that was that. As she walked into another arena that she'd registered for herself, Ramona went to the locker room and changed out of her formal wear into her combat gown. It was slimmer and revealed more of her curves, but that didn't bother her. It let her move more freely. Stepping out into the desolate place she felt the calm of the room. Before she could begin, Ramona tied her hair in a braid that went over her shoulder, between her chest and down to her hips. This was something that her friend did for her at the start of the year and it became a ritual for Ramona so she could never forget what happened to someone so close to her.

With her preparations made Ramona finally could let everything out. Her SE burst out from her and and filled the dome that had become her war zone. The temperature dropped to subfreezing in a matter of seconds and snow began to pile on the ground. This was the first signature of Ramona's battles. She created her "Wonderland" and made sure to have her strengths be greater than her opponent. Next came the defensive side of her battles. As she lifted her hands, curling her wrists back towards herself, a massive structure of ice formed around her. "The Queen's Castle" as some of the students called it. It was her perfect defense. The ice was nearly impenetrable. Even if someone managed to melt the ice, another layer would form within seconds. Ramona took a deep breath as she looked about herself. Her ice blue SE shone as it filled every snowflake and every sheet of ice.

She was a third year that refused to push herself to the point where she could take the advancement test to be a fourth year. However, she knew that she could make it if she showed her third move. It was something none had seen because it was what she had to use to defeat her friend when she became consumed by DE. "Lila...." The words fell from Ramona's mouth as tears began to fall. Her friend was in a state of permafrost because of her and that ate at her every day.

@Thalia_Neko @Idea @The Fabulous Emerald @Shirochankun @Wickedkent
(Ramona's post is mostly just because I want to post for her and a little more development never hurt.)

Tatsuya Einfield

"Impressive" He said. He didnt imagine that this boy would go all out on him. Tatsuya must have triggered him, but he cant afford to be defeated right now. Once again, he unleashed his SE and formed a shield around him. He was aware that absorbing those attacks will take a great toll on his SE so he must take the ones that could do great damage. He pointed his pistols at the raining bullets and shot the red bullets. The red bullets exploded which tool some bullets with it, but some got past. Tatsuya's forcefield absorbed the impact. He then pointed his guns at the weakened boy.

[FONT= 'Times New Roman'][SIZE= 72px]Sylvia Lyyneheym[/FONT][/SIZE]

Sylvia immediately stopped what she was doing and observed the match. The first year went all in just after their match started. She was disappointed. Doing that would take much of their Spirit Energy and leave them defensless against the other enemy who has much more Spirit Energy than the other. She was also impressed by Tatsuya who efficiently manipulated his Spirit Energy with ease. She then walked in the middle of them and smiled.

"This match has already been decided, no?" She said with a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back