Souldew Academy

Sylvia Lyyneheym

She was walking down the hall. She stopped and let out a deep sigh. She looked back at Jason.

"Stop following me, why don't you go explore the school." She said.

"Dont wanna." Jason replied. "Just let me follow you, you dont have anything important to do anyway."

"I have a meeting." Sylvia lied.

"No, you dont. I called your secretary and she said you cancelled everything for today." He smirked.

"Gosh, fine." Sylvia smiled. 

"I hope Ryei is fine now, let's go to him." He said with a hint of a worried voice.

"No need. He is fine now, he needs some time alone to check things up without us annoying him." Sylvia said. "For the mean time, let us find Gail. The first year who just passed the advancement test."

"The girl you keep telling me about?" Jason asked. "The one you are so 'proud' of." Sylvia nodded.

"Yes, the one I am so 'Proud' of, but part of me is sad because she wont be able to learn more about the basics and she just skipped off to the advance year two teachings and that she left my class." She then stopped at a door and opened it. They then entered the combat training room. She noticed Nex and smiled. She then looked at Jason.

"Take a seat and observe Gail. She is good for someone at her age." She then took a seat and watched her perform her skills. She then looked at Jason.

"Why don't you try with moving and attacking drones? They only hurt a bit." She teased. 

"It's easy if only I could control my powers more." Both of them chuckled and proceeded to watch the fight

@Thalia_Neko

*Gail Uhara*

~~~

Actually, this was not even the last Stage. Not really by a mile. By the end of Year Two, Professor Glynt definitely expected a large majority of his students to be able to pass all the way through Stage 7. Possibly further, but right now... Nex was... "Sorry, Gail, dear. I'm cheating a bit, this is more or less Stage 3 and 4 combined, but I know you got this, girl! Show everyone!"

Gail looked over the Combat Training Room at Nex as he spoke to her. He finished quickly, because she needed to focus on the fight. The purple-haired girl, empowered by his words felt a boost of confidence.

She avoided more laserfire, and dipped using her wind. She spun and sent out a slice of air. Sharp enough to cut through the strange metallic substance these humanoid drones were made of -she assumed anyway. However, the one with the shield stepped in front of the two, bending down, placing his large shield arm in front of him. Her air slash broke on it harmlessly. Again, she had to avoid a laserbeam that was fired from over the shielder's shoulder.

"Crud," she grunted. Lifting up into the air, she watched as the one with the sword leaped after her. She floated up just high enough to be out of the range of his leap; that didn't stop the humanoid sword-wielder to swipe his blade at her wildly, while falling back to the ground below. Whatever. She started drawing in more of her SE, seeking to form hot powerful air bursts like before: her Holy Lance attack. Using it multiple times was difficult, but not impossible. Opening her eyes, she fired it out again. "HOLY LANCE!" Gail called down, glowing white air bursts firing from her hands, spinning and cascading down on the shield unit. He stood up, unfazed, the other two protected behind him.

Gail floated there, gasping for air, ironically. That hadn't done anything? Not even a dent? She looked over at Nex with worried eyes. He seemed cool and collected as ever. 'You got this,' he mouthed to her.

How he had such confidence in her? She had no idea, nor did she understand why she felt better each time he stated his confidence in her. Nodding, she 'caught' a surprise laserbeam with swirling air. "Ahhhhgh!" Gail grunted, deflecting the blast to the side, the red laser striking the barrier harmlessly.

"Okay.. Okay... Breath..." Gail drew in, closing her eyes, hovering in the air. Her SE radiated again, glowing a bright white. It began to glow brighter and brighter, and if one paid attention (Gail couldn't at the moment, her eyes were closed), then they would see Nex lean forward, face furrowed in nearly as intense concentration as she had at the moment. "Tch.. gr... n-not enough strength...." Winds picked up around her, and once again Gunner and Sworder (she was calling them), attacked her, with a laser and a leap-slash attack respectfully. The swirling winds rebounded both harmlessly.

"N~not enough..."

Gail felt... Felt something within her. It.. It was weird. Nothing like she had felt before... A sudden 'click', almost..! L-like. Like she had 'unlocked' something. Nex noticed it, too, and to his surprise, her SE flared up wildly, bursting out from her in a 'flame' of white. Nothing like he had seen from her yet. The winds in tandem, kicked up, swarming like a hurricane about her. The winds couldn't be felt through the barrier, but they were strong enough to pin the three humanoids down on the ground.

It was remarkable, the power she was exuding... out of nowhere! Not even Nex had expected this. This... This 'unlocking'.

Gail didn't know what Nex did, but she felt the surge of power. She wasn't going to let it go to waste. Quickly gathering white winds, she tried again. "HOLY~ LANCE~!!" she shouted, holding out her hands. The strongest burst of wind yet fired out, looking nearly like white-hot flames of actual fire. The SE-empowered wind smashed into the three humanoids. 'Shielder' attempted to protect the three, but the pressure of her hot winds was too much, and it smashed through the metallic substance. Her 'Holy Lance' crashed into the three, and in the next moment, left them a shattered pile of smoking rubble.

"HA! Very good!! That was excellent, Gail! I knew you had it in you!" Gail shouted over to her, clapping his hands a few times in congratulations. He knew she had 'it' in her, but not 'that', in her...

"Come on back, that's Stage 3 and 4. Good enough for now, seriously, most don't pass both this early!"

Gail alighted on the ground. Then she collapsed to her knees, breathing heavily again. Where had that power come from?... Now she was completely -ironic again- winded.

Nex

@GinkyGotBack

@Idea

@Quillicious

@Wickedkent @Syphe

@The Suspicious Eye

In Souldews halls, students from all around had begun to transition through different areas, one which Ryei had been walking down absent-mindedly. For his first day, it felt like more had happened than he could have anticipated. Living the somewhat isolated country life, Ryei was quite astounded at the things he saw. Summoning dark portals, controlling the air, creating things from nothing? There's plenty to see. He stared at his right hand, recalling the events that led to him sleeping in the infirmary on the first day. He was reckless with his power, but it felt strangely exciting. Mentally noted, he planned ways to train himself that tested his limits. He hoped the nurse would let him stay in bed a few times in the future.

A couple group of students waved at Ryei as they passed by. He waved back. 'Nice people,' he thought. He wondered if the rest of the school is as friendly as that. So far it seemed like it. That'd sure make things a whole lot easier.

It has been some time since Ryei had last eaten anything. Since breakfast and a very light snack during his travel, his stomach has been sadly empty. His stomach rumbled. Taking out a crushed tart from his pocket, he munched on it as he continued sightseeing. Occassinally he'd pass by someone that was followed by a very alluring smell, which Ryei had felt like going crazy after the fifth one. Most of the students ignored him, going on their own way like himself. As he rounded a corner he thought he spotted Tora walking along and he called out to her. He immediately felt embarrassed afterwards, wondering if he'd called out to a total stranger; awkward.

A few lefts here and there, rights over there and straight ahead from now. It felt like a maze to Ryei since he was aimlessly roaming around with no plan nor clue on where he should go. He'd eaten something and it was a bit early to go ear dinner, while the main gym was a place he had already been to. In his roaming, he happened to hear loud distant noises down the hall. He rushed over to see what was happening.

Ryei opened the door and stepped inside, just in time to witness Gail's finishing strike against three robots. He was blown away at the spectacle, white "flames" smashing through the shield and completely oblierating the three enemies.

"Gail?? What was that! You completely destroyed them!" Ryei stepped up close to the barrier to try to get a better look at the remains.

Sylvia Lyyneheym
She stood in surprise. How? Such early... not even a fourth year. Sylvia's mind was clouded with thoughts. He walked towards Nex and stopped next to him.
"Amazing, able to unlock it in a short amount of time." She said.
Jason followed.
"Sister, how did she gain that much SE?" He asked. Sylvia looked at him and smiled.
"You will know soon." She then looked back at gail. She approached her.
"You impressed us today not only once, but twice." She said.
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko
Syphe Syphe

IVZKO1K.png

Gail came out of the center of the Combat Training Room's 'arena', passing through the nearly-invisibly, shimmery forcefield that protected others onlooking. She glowed with Nex's praise and with her own pride. With all the praise incoming and with attention now focused entirely on her, the purple-haired girl was quickly turning red in the face. "Ahahahahehee..." she chortled sheepishly, knowing she had proved herself again, feeling the burn of pride, but the flustered feeling of modesty, too.

Nex, meanwhile, replied to the teacher. After he praised Gail until the girl was blushing, he acknowledged Sylvia. "Mhm. It is amazing.. I knew I saw something in her.. -greatness." He seemed to be thoroughly impressed, his tone one of awe, but there was also a hint of intrigue there. Like he was thinking about something distant. He often looked this way, still, it was something to note. How, indeed, did she have so much SE?..

qYMRlnR.jpg

Back to Gail, she was coming up to the boy who seemed over-excited about what he had just witnessed. Like she herself, and most who had witnessed her remarkable ability as an Adept. "Hi, Ryei!! Hehe, I.. I duno! I just.. I just felt a surge of Spiritual Energy, and.. and.. Then I blew them away!" Gail made a motion to mimic what she had done, laughing brightly. "It felt incredible! Although, now.. I'm pretty tired.. phew!" She drew in some breath, calming down. "Thanks, Sylvia."

Syphe Syphe
Kent Kent
Idea Idea
GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack
Quillicious Quillicious
The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

Last edited:
Agnès Arabia Heartash
Looking at the young man who came towards her, used to formalities, she stood straight at attention. Realizing that he was her elders she gave a polite smile and bowed respectfully. "Thank you very much, Mr. Corren. I appreciate that you're able to take time out of your schedule to help me." Straightening up she slid her astray hair behind her right ear revealing her star earrings. Looking over at the others she raised a eyebrow seeing the skill from the girl with purple hair. She'd have to take an account of all the bow before looking back to Felix.

Wondering what her sister would say she added. "And I look forward to meeting the others." Of course her twin sister would flip her hair, bat her lashes and flirt with the upperclassman. That wasn't Agnes, this was the closest she could get to informality with stranger at the very least. She was so much different than her sister, every day she though of her and how much she truly missed her other half.
Quillicious Quillicious

Users who are viewing this thread

Back