• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Sorrow’s Reach - Exalted 3e (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Unfortunately I need to pull out from this there are some big changes happened in my life in last 40 some hours ironic enough after i posted here and i won't have enough time to even finish character yet alone to play in it. I wish good luck and a fun game to everyone involved.
No problem at all and thanks for being honest. I hope everything is okay and all the best. You’re always welcome back here if you get to that point.

Hmmm, looks like we have magic, combat and social. So I'll aim for perhaps Herculean Zenith or Ninja Night.

I think some of you may know this about me, but I don’t buy into the idea of meta-gaming. That’s just a construct for GMs/STs/DMs to hide their “secrets” and pretend to be clever. Or beter yet, punish players for not adhering to our reality’s rules in a fictional world. I’m a “story first” kind of ST/player.

Soapbox aside, the aim of the game to enjoy it. Have fun. If it’s more fun for your character to show up somewhere maybe they didn’t know about, as an example, then fine. Let’s try to use that as an opportunity to write story about why or choose a reason. Hell, Creation is filled with things that don’t always make sense. Why does this? Or maybe it’s just a coincidence.

I think Gatherer of Clouds’ new knowledge can be shared with the whole group, if she wishes or the other players wish their characters to know. It’s easy enough to write in discreet cues she could use, just like she did with Scorpion.

Just food for thought.

Would it be possible to combine our rolls to supplement each other? Using Tomiko's Int score and Scorpion's War Ability?

Combing doesn’t fit in my mind. And apparently, 3e doesn’t have teamwork rules. In a strange way, I kind of like that. I think teamwork/aid can be super situational. In this case, I think it’s totally appropriate, but I’d like it to try something.

I basically want it to be a stunt: choose who will be the primary roller of the action. The players helping describe how and what they’re doing for a 1, 2, or 3-die stunt. But, the dice/successes of the helpers’ description go to the primary roller instead.

Does that make sense to you guys?

With the rolls provided, I’m going to skip ahead to the evening of the attack, if you guys are okay with that.

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws , I going to ask for a roll to see how well you rally the townsfolk and sequester them for safety. Your charms will be paramount to getting them organized and safe.

Sherwood Sherwood , Psychie Psychie , Crocodile Crocodile

In 3e, do ghosts and such have to manifest physically at night, or is it at will? I'm just wondering.

If it is only at will, I still believe that they will have to have a physical form in order to attack us. That way you'll be able to thwack them.

Most can’t. Instead, they animate physical objects and use them to interact with the physical world.

I want to let you guys know that beacuase of your strategic rolls from before and the scouting that you did, Mountain Shadow, you will have a huge advantage on the coming battle. While not usually for small engagements, we’re going to use the strategic warfare ambush:

Ambush (threshold: 3): The victorious general tricks his enemy into a trap, joining battle when it is least expected! All attacks launched by his forces during the first round of combat are considered ambush attacks. All attacks launched by his forces in the following 3 rounds are con-sidered surprise attacks.

Last edited:
I’m sure you guys saw, but I added Ryoh Hirai Ryoh Hirai as a player to our group. They’ll be joining us as soon as their character is finished.

We also got a request from another player in the interest thread. Adding one more for me will meet my maximum, but in this case, I want to make sure you guys are okay with adding or want to close it off at this point.

Let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back