• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Sonder Links] An Anomalous Noir OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
The man obliviously standing obliviously
Ah, don’t you just love opening your RPN and immediately being met with a mistake you somehow didn’t notice before you posted it. Lmao

So a little update:
I've been a bit busy making preparations take a flight on Wednesday.
I've been waiting on Ayama Ayama to follow up, although if you feel like you are unable to make your post by Tuesday I'll move us on. No pressure! If you're stuck I don't want to force you.

Consider this a check-in as well as a heads up that my activity will possibly be slowed down a bit for about a month or so until I decide on if I will be moving.

So a little update:
I've been a bit busy making preparations take a flight on Wednesday.
I've been waiting on Ayama Ayama to follow up, although if you feel like you are unable to make your post by Tuesday I'll move us on. No pressure! If you're stuck I don't want to force you.

Consider this a check-in as well as a heads up that my activity will possibly be slowed down a bit for about a month or so until I decide on if I will be moving.
Thanks for the heads-up and apologies for my slowdown as well; end of semester be brutal x.x
Working on a post!

Thanks for the heads-up and apologies for my slowdown as well; end of semester be brutal x.x
Working on a post!
Good luck on your exams/term papers/whatever semester closing assignments you've got!

Post is up and i fucked up and hit "post reply" by accident before finishing the proof reading, so please excuse any errors if you catch on quick, I'm proof reading rn
New guy wont have a cs because I'm lazy he's not as important as the pc's

Last edited:
Post is up and i fucked up and hit "post reply" by accident before finishing the proof reading, so please excuse any errors if you catch on quick, I'm proof reading rn
Neat post- I liked the bit about Ri's file being redacted xD
I'll try to get a reply up by tomorrow ^^

And I understand, words words words dialogue dialogue blah blah blah, don't worry this isn't some imitation Tarantino story, we'll be moving on after this. There'll be more than just talking

I am absolutely thriving on the confusion Gray is causing right now, hehe (also, nice touch with the crab thing BuggaBoo BuggaBoo , and thank you for handing me a delightfully hilarious setup for the "I'm not a cat" reveal).

I've got a quick question, though Probably George Probably George . How much info is on everyone's files? Is it just stuff about their anomalies and names/physical descriptions, or is it sort of a comprehensive list of all the stuff they know about each person like history (at least, what they know of their history) and such?

I am absolutely thriving on the confusion Gray is causing right now, hehe (also, nice touch with the crab thing BuggaBoo BuggaBoo , and thank you for handing me a delightfully hilarious setup for the "I'm not a cat" reveal).
k awesome! yeah like i remember reading that when people see the cat out of the corner of their eyes they see an alien or monster or something like that lol.

I've got a quick question, though Probably George Probably George . How much info is on everyone's files? Is it just stuff about their anomalies and names/physical descriptions, or is it sort of a comprehensive list of all the stuff they know about each person like history (at least, what they know of their history) and such?
Unfiltered, your files are extremely detailed from your upbringing, anomalies, habits, regular locations, etc. Although being newbies means you're granted little-to-no information about another anchor without explicit reason for it. Vasoine as a more senior member is given more details than yall, but not as much as a nonanchored exterminator
It's mostly for in-case an exterminator goes rogue, then there's already a buttload of information on them to make the search easier.

Perpetually uncomfortable man goes brrr

Also, just a heads up, I'm gonna be on a trip for the next two-ish weeks starting tomorrow so I might not be able to reply. It's possible I'll get some downtime to chill out and write and I'll definitely try to if I do, but that's iffy, so if I disappear off the face of the planet for a bit, then that's probably why

Perpetually uncomfortable man goes brrr

Also, just a heads up, I'm gonna be on a trip for the next two-ish weeks starting tomorrow so I might not be able to reply. It's possible I'll get some downtime to chill out and write and I'll definitely try to if I do, but that's iffy, so if I disappear off the face of the planet for a bit, then that's probably why
Nice post! ^^
Enjoy your trip~

Howdy everyone, hope you all had a nice Christmas. New post is up, and things will be moving more quickly now. As is the case I understand if replies will be shorter, but that just means they can be done more often.
I'm still without a pc so I decided to forego formatting just to make things easier on myself for the meanwhile.

And yes, Vasoine is slacking off.
If you've got any questions about the contents of the dossier feel free to ask, although I may just write up the entire thing here

Oooh, the action and/or uneventful walk around town begins!

Personally, I’d really appreciate a dossier write up cause I’m a sucker for in-lore documents, but I totally understand if you aren’t able to or don’t want to.

That said, did the file mention anything about the injured elderly people’s identifies/histories? I feel like Gray would probably think the fact that all three victims were elderly was a little bit weird (unless the southern shopping district is just Really popular among elderly people for some reason), so he’d probably pay attention to any details they’ve got on them.

Also, as a bit of a tangent since I was wondering about the legal identities and all, what’s the documentation of people like here? Do citizens of the city have some kind of registry they’re kept in? Is that how they got a picture of Townsend or is that more of a police sketch type of thing?

Oooh, the action and/or uneventful walk around town begins!

Personally, I’d really appreciate a dossier write up cause I’m a sucker for in-lore documents, but I totally understand if you aren’t able to or don’t want to.

That said, did the file mention anything about the injured elderly people’s identifies/histories? I feel like Gray would probably think the fact that all three victims were elderly was a little bit weird (unless the southern shopping district is just Really popular among elderly people for some reason), so he’d probably pay attention to any details they’ve got on them.

Also, as a bit of a tangent since I was wondering about the legal identities and all, what’s the documentation of people like here? Do citizens of the city have some kind of registry they’re kept in? Is that how they got a picture of Townsend or is that more of a police sketch type of thing?
I can write up the dossier within the next couple days with information on the victims aswell.

Citizens are registered simply. Just name, parents, birthplace/time, occupation, criminal history and current home location. Largely for tax purposes.
And yea I should've said sketch not picture; writer's bias

Sorry for the delay, I was trying a few different things to get the "official document" look but doing that stuff on mobile is a massive pain, so here's just the plain text:

 Property of Slaughter's End Internal Affairs
Clearance level 2: Exterminator's copy

Unauthorized viewing of these documents can lead to arrest and conviction.
On April 18th, 121 Third Era* at approximately 11:35AM the individual Dawn Townsend was witnessed stabbing three individuals in quick succession, all males of ages 59, 62, and 70. The weapon used in the attack is believed to be an anomaly, resembling A mundane chef's knife. Each victim was stabbed only once, in the upper gut. While the wounds would be otherwise non life threatening, they are not acting as expected. Attempts at stopping the bleeding only managed to slow it down until medical attention arrived and hauled the individuals to the nearest hospital. As of April 19th at 7AM, each victim is alive but in critical condition and are expected not to survive. One individual continues to murmur about a man in black and white drapes while another claims that a similarly described individual will come to "make us beautiful." The third individual remains unresponsive but still showing signs of life.

Prior to this attack Dawn Townsend was not documented as an Anchor or possible Anchor. Gathered information on Dawn Townsend is as follows:
Birth name: Dawn Townsend
Aliases: N/A
Parents: Elidia Norsh Townsend and Fellin Townsend
Birthday: September 4, 102 Third Era
Birthplace: Third Shopping District, Slaughter's End.
Known homes: 17-8 first eighth, Third Shopping District, Slaughter's End
Building 22, Room 291 5th floor, Third Residential District, Slaughter's End.
Description**: 5'8", amber eyes, light complexion, sharp cheeks, rounded chin, often wearing blue/orange ponchos and bright red sandles, straight shoulder length brown/red hair, large ears, and a soft voice.
Witnesses to her attack also added that Dawn had orange "goat-like" horns, which had not been documented before and are believed to be part of her anomaly, but with purpose currently unknown.

The effects of Dawn's anomalous weapon are unknown, though currently speculated to either induce either mind control or some other cognitive state, or to allow the entity described by the victims to [REDACTED]***. Avoid being struck by the anomaly at all costs. If an individual is struck by it, they are to be immediately taken to the nearest medical center. If an Exterminator is stuck, they are to be restrained. Focus on capturing Dawn Townsend before giving the Exterminator medical aid.

Dawn Townsend is reported to often be seen between her residence and her parents'. Although given her recent attack it is most likely she knows she's being hunted down. This gives an approximately 1 mile wide area where she likely would be. She has no known connections with criminal organizations and no prior criminal activity.
With all this information, Chief Exterminations Officer Milnuras has signed off on her hunt. Given that she has already proven herself dangerous, Exterminators have full authority to execute Dawn Townsend if need be.

*IC date and time is April 19th, ~12PM, year 121 in the Third Era
**The Software I was attempting to use to get a sketch of Dawn was being entirely uncooperative so I'm just sticking with a description. Mobile is pain
***Exterminator copies often have redacted information, usually to avoid distracting them or to withhold information that would otherwise make an Exterminator hesitant. Basically not telling them how horrifying something can get, as to not scare them off from the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back