• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Sonder Links] An Anomalous Noir OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Mkay, so do I need to change my CSes to say she was working with a different Exterminator group and then got put in charge of the new one or something? Or that she was in charge of putting the new one together? I'm honestly confused about the timeline and why they would have been working on this new group for a year, bc even though the 3rd wave started two months ago, 1st and 2nd wave anchors would still be around to recruit and hunt down, unless I am missing something.
Just because it was being worked on for a year doesn't mean they've been in a phase ready for new Anchors for a year. This stuff takes time, there's layers of bureaucracy and safety protocols to go over. It's not as simple as just getting people together to make a group, you also need to schedule many things around them. Especially if they're going to be regularly monitored.
k so like some more questions cuz me!:

• can we control how often we can use the anomaly or is the enigma fickle and allows it when it feels it is right?
  • so like we had some basic training. is that kinda like police training? so like we'd know the laws that govern what we can and cannot get away with when catching other anchors?
  • did we get any other equipment, weapons or like uniform? or is that happening now that we meet again?
  • this enigma box thingie that we are attached to. is it like a spying device that can hear everything we do?
  • how free are we to roam slaughterville and do people recognize us as executioner anchors?
  • my girlie came from the coast. is there some kinda housing provided or like is she in a jail cell kinda deal?
Anchors have complete control of the anomalies and when they're casted.

What you received is nothing compared to police training. You were taught how to arrest someone and take them into custody, and how to track down someone. As long as civilians aren't caught in cross fire and you don't break any laws, you're free to do what ever is necessary to meet your goal.

You weren't provided any equipment. The city is spending the bare minimum on y'all.

Think of the engima engine as functionally the same as a radio, although the message isn't hindered from passing through solid materials.

Completely free to roam for the short time. You can't tell someone is an Anchor just by looking at them. It's more of a behavioral thing. That's one of the reasons why Anchors are mostly responsible for dealing with other Anchors, because they are much better at spotting each other and are often drawn to one-another. Exterminators especially don't want to be ousted, because that could hinder their job. Blending in is the best option for Anchors and Exterminators.

Your girlie is most likely either in public housing or in a shack on the beach made from either reclaimed wood or sheet metal.

Just because it was being worked on for a year doesn't mean they've been in a phase ready for new Anchors for a year. This stuff takes time, there's layers of bureaucracy and safety protocols to go over. It's not as simple as just getting people together to make a group, you also need to schedule many things around them. Especially if they're going to be regularly monitored.

Anchors have complete control of the anomalies and when they're casted.

What you received is nothing compared to police training. You were taught how to arrest someone and take them into custody, and how to track down someone. As long as civilians aren't caught in cross fire and you don't break any laws, you're free to do what ever is necessary to meet your goal.

You weren't provided any equipment. The city is spending the bare minimum on y'all.

Think of the engima engine as functionally the same as a radio, although the message isn't hindered from passing through solid materials.

Completely free to roam for the short time. You can't tell someone is an Anchor just by looking at them. It's more of a behavioral thing. That's one of the reasons why Anchors are mostly responsible for dealing with other Anchors, because they are much better at spotting each other and are often drawn to one-another. Exterminators especially don't want to be ousted, because that could hinder their job. Blending in is the best option for Anchors and Exterminators.

Your girlie is most likely either in public housing or in a shack on the beach made from either reclaimed wood or sheet metal.
I apologize, but I am still confused. They spend a year preparing to create a new group going through a bunch of bureaucracy and safety protocols and setting up individual monitoring and all that, and yet they get no equipment, virtually no training, and are throwaway agents? I'm sorry but that just seems contradictory to me. It would make more sense if Heliopause was a new kind of Exterminator group, with more backing, extensive funding, and resources.

I apologize, but I am still confused. They spend a year preparing to create a new group going through a bunch of bureaucracy and safety protocols and setting up individual monitoring and all that, and yet they get no equipment, virtually no training, and are throwaway agents? I'm sorry but that just seems contradictory to me. It would make more sense if Heliopause was a new kind of Exterminator group, with more backing, extensive funding, and resources.
Bureaucracy because there's still rules and regulations that need to be followed, safety protocols and monitoring solely to prevent another Eidolon case or one of them going AWOL. The money spent on these Exterminators is for the safety of everyone else, not the Exterminator's safety. They are disposable, and thusly aren't heavily invested in.

You aren't like a troupe of noble knights, you're more like peasants given spears and told to charge at the front of the line.
Heliopause is a new type of group, the first in the city that isn't solely restricted to the city. Heliopause is like the alpha test, to see if Anchors can even be trusted to leave the city. If it works well, then they'll put actual work into a new group, with all the kinks ironed out.

K so then thinkin that Kia Notti calls her enigma 'Shine' and kinda like treats her like an imaginary friend. She talks out loud to Shine and chats with her in private even tho there is no response. My girlie has been raised by a strict mother and despite her being cavalier and capricious, she still trains hard and working with her new anomaly will be no different. So she is trying to figure out how best to work with her new found powers whilst still trying to be respectful of the enigma.

When she went for basic training, others would first note how welcoming yet mouthy she is and also just how agile and quick she is. Excellent climbing, rope work and tying knots (cuz sailor lol). Very good dodging and deflecting in combat situations.... buuuuut she is very, very allergic to fighting ACHHHOOOOO!! and would run first opportunity during sword play. Seems like she well practiced in that regard lol. She would hide behind the bigger dudes and let them have it out with the 'enemies'.

Thinkin that she might have some inland contacts to get her some gear, but she really doesn't have money sooooo.... if she can't suck up to Adrianna so that her big sis can't get them equipement welllllll then like looks like Notti gunna have to use her 5-finger-discount techniques to get gear lol.

Imma say that she is in crappy public housing in a crappy apartment complex that is nicknamed the 'Degen.' Basically tenants call it the 'Hotel Degenerate.' She keeps a low profile altho she can kinda get all flirty with the cute girlies. Thinkin that she earns her keep by doing carpentry repairs for the landlord.

lmk if that all goods k?

K so then thinkin that Kia Notti calls her enigma 'Shine' and kinda like treats her like an imaginary friend. She talks out loud to Shine and chats with her in private even tho there is no response. My girlie has been raised by a strict mother and despite her being cavalier and capricious, she still trains hard and working with her new anomaly will be no different. So she is trying to figure out how best to work with her new found powers whilst still trying to be respectful of the enigma.

When she went for basic training, others would first note how welcoming yet mouthy she is and also just how agile and quick she is. Excellent climbing, rope work and tying knots (cuz sailor lol). Very good dodging and deflecting in combat situations.... buuuuut she is very, very allergic to fighting ACHHHOOOOO!! and would run first opportunity during sword play. Seems like she well practiced in that regard lol. She would hide behind the bigger dudes and let them have it out with the 'enemies'.

Thinkin that she might have some inland contacts to get her some gear, but she really doesn't have money sooooo.... if she can't suck up to Adrianna so that her big sis can't get them equipement welllllll then like looks like Notti gunna have to use her 5-finger-discount techniques to get gear lol.

Imma say that she is in crappy public housing in a crappy apartment complex that is nicknamed the 'Degen.' Basically tenants call it the 'Hotel Degenerate.' She keeps a low profile altho she can kinda get all flirty with the cute girlies. Thinkin that she earns her keep by doing carpentry repairs for the landlord.

lmk if that all goods k?
The basic training wasn't like military "basic training," I literally meant training that was extremely basic. How to find a guy and how to detain him. Although Notti would probably be the most combat experienced.
For reference the setting is heavily inspired by my own upbringing in a shithole called Memphis. I learned to fight by getting into fights.

I hope I didn't cause confusion with Hawkshaw's line about preparing to leave the city, because that isn't what's happening. He was just being an eager boy.

But collecting scraps by doing menial labor for the landlord sounds entirely appropriate for the setting lol.

The basic training wasn't like military "basic training," I literally meant training that was extremely basic. How to find a guy and how to detain him. Although Notti would probably be the most combat experienced.
For reference the setting is heavily inspired by my own upbringing in a shithole called Memphis. I learned to fight by getting into fights.

I hope I didn't cause confusion with Hawkshaw's line about preparing to leave the city, because that isn't what's happening. He was just being an eager boy.

But collecting scraps by doing menial labor for the landlord sounds entirely appropriate for the setting lol.
k for some reason i gots it in my head that there is like an 'Anchor Boot Camp' sir, yes, SIRRR!!! lol. But yeah, she got away with not fighting tho cuz she is the baby of the fam and she actually branched off from pirating and joined with her cousins to do more thievery-ish jobs so that's how she furthered her allergies to fighting lol.

Oh! And thinkin that when she uses her anomaly her eyes will glow rn until she gets a better grasp to use her powers more stealthily then?

k for some reason i gots it in my head that there is like an 'Anchor Boot Camp' sir, yes, SIRRR!!! lol. But yeah, she got away with not fighting tho cuz she is the baby of the fam and she actually branched off from pirating and joined with her cousins to do more thievery-ish jobs so that's how she furthered her allergies to fighting lol.

Oh! And thinkin that when she uses her anomaly her eyes will glow rn until she gets a better grasp to use her powers more stealthily then?
Well later down the line glowing will mean something. For the meanwhile though you can go ahead with that. Shouldn't cause any issue

Bureaucracy because there's still rules and regulations that need to be followed, safety protocols and monitoring solely to prevent another Eidolon case or one of them going AWOL. The money spent on these Exterminators is for the safety of everyone else, not the Exterminator's safety. They are disposable, and thusly aren't heavily invested in.

You aren't like a troupe of noble knights, you're more like peasants given spears and told to charge at the front of the line.
Heliopause is a new type of group, the first in the city that isn't solely restricted to the city. Heliopause is like the alpha test, to see if Anchors can even be trusted to leave the city. If it works well, then they'll put actual work into a new group, with all the kinks ironed out.
Mkay, I'm still tryna wrap my mind around this- can't get past thinking that spending a bunch of time and money and effort on these guys is directly contradicting not training them or giving them any gear; I just don't see the logic from the point of view of the people who chose to approve and fund this initiative; why spend all that money on effort on this initiative without giving it the chance to succeed? Especially if Exterminator groups have been around for a minute and this is a new group with more funding/resources and new directives.

Mkay, I'm still tryna wrap my mind around this- can't get past thinking that spending a bunch of time and money and effort on these guys is directly contradicting not training them or giving them any gear; I just don't see the logic from the point of view of the people who chose to approve and fund this initiative; why spend all that money on effort on this initiative without giving it the chance to succeed? Especially if Exterminator groups have been around for a minute and this is a new group with more funding/resources and new directives.
thinkin that we just miiiiight be the experiment to see how far we can get to a potential eidolon in the wild and see what IT can do and not so much what we can do? kinda like how you have a royal taste tester to check the kings meal for poison?

like when we confront it and try to take it out they get a report via enigma box to see just what kinda powers that it has so then when they send the next group out, they will fund and outfit them properly. RIP us lol

It's not a large sum of money compared to other groups of Exterminators. There already is a lot of money being spent to keep Anchors under control. I guess I didn't make it clear that Exterminators aren't solely comprised of Anchors, but Heliopause is. It's an experiment to see if a group of Exterminators made up only of Anchors would be a good call. Heliopause exists to test the waters, not to go all out.

Plus the city wants absolute control Anchors, they're as much a tool as they are a danger. Their logic for not providing equipment to these Anchors is to weed out those not cut out for the job. You were chosen by chance, not for your skills. The first few assignments helps them discern who has the ability to acquire the necessary skills. If they're displeased with your performance, they'll execute you rather than let you be a liability. There isn't much sense in spending a lot of time and money "training" someone whose well-being you don't actually care for.

Think of Heliopause as the alpha-test to what's to come

It's not a large sum of money compared to other groups of Exterminators. There already is a lot of money being spent to keep Anchors under control. I guess I didn't make it clear that Exterminators aren't solely comprised of Anchors, but Heliopause is. It's an experiment to see if a group of Exterminators made up only of Anchors would be a good call. Heliopause exists to test the waters, not to go all out.

Plus the city wants absolute control Anchors, they're as much a tool as they are a danger. Their logic for not providing equipment to these Anchors is to weed out those not cut out for the job. You were chosen by chance, not for your skills. The first few assignments helps them discern who has the ability to acquire the necessary skills. If they're displeased with your performance, they'll execute you rather than let you be a liability. There isn't much sense in spending a lot of time and money "training" someone whose well-being you don't actually care for.
Oh that does help- thanks. I think I'm starting to grasp the concept- I'll make a couple edits to my CSes and message so you can let me know if I'm on the right track, and put up a post when I'm done.

thinkin that we just miiiiight be the experiment to see how far we can get to a potential eidolon in the wild and see what IT can do and not so much what we can do? kinda like how you have a royal taste tester to check the kings meal for poison?

like when we confront it and try to take it out they get a report via enigma box to see just what kinda powers that it has so then when they send the next group out, they will fund and outfit them properly. RIP us lol
They certainly are trying to figure out what triggers the creation of an Eidolon, that is their no. 2 concern right behind getting all Anchors documented and under control.
Before dealing with a rat infestation, one has to learn what makes the rat tick. And who better to teach that than a rat?

They certainly are trying to figure out what triggers the creation of an Eidolon, that is their no. 2 concern right behind getting all Anchors documented and under control.
Before dealing with a rat infestation, one has to learn what makes the rat tick. And who better to teach that than a rat?
welllll if they survive their first outing then Notti sooooooo gunna be like all: 'Here, take this dangerous thing! Now then since these rats survived how bout you buy us stuff we actually needs!'

welllll if they survive their first outing then Notti sooooooo gunna be like all: 'Here, take this dangerous thing! Now then since these rats survived how bout you buy us stuff we actually needs!'
Oh yea there's nothing stopping you from robbing an Anchor you've been hunting down. Internal Affairs definitely doesn't care.
I don't know if I got this across or not, but Anchors are treated as less than human.
And in the eye of the general public, they aren't human. They're seen as a conduit for chaos, possessed by it. But that's because most the people only know of the catastrophes caused by Anchors

K sooooo like i just updated my charrie to reflect the newly revealed info.

RPN looks like it will be down tmrw but i'll see if i can't get a post up tmrw.

Awesome- I'm wrapping up my post now. We're doing posting rounds for this, right? Everyone posts once between each of your posts?
Considering it's just the 4 of us at the moment, that would probably be best. Although if two of you are having deep interaction with one another, you don't have to wait on me to make a post. I wanna do my best to make sure no one is left behind, but also that people aren't held back by my own activity.
Also the party will have a little vignette scene coming up soon so don't worry about having everyone get to know everyone immediately

Considering it's just the 4 of us at the moment, that would probably be best. Although if two of you are having deep interaction with one another, you don't have to wait on me to make a post. I wanna do my best to make sure no one is left behind, but also that people aren't held back by my own activity.
Also the party will have a little vignette scene coming up soon so don't worry about having everyone get to know everyone immediately
Awesome~

Post is up- hope you like ^^

Yeah rough take looks like it's just us. No interest. Ughs. But all goods anyways!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back