• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Sonder Links] An Anomalous Noir OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
My bad it's been a while...
Sooooo like does that mean my charrie is accepted...?

lol All goods

K so questions then:

• When you use your anomaly is it like you have to do hand waving or do your eyes light up or some other FX?
  • So the more you use it the better you get but the more the entity tries to take over?
  • Do our charries and our entities have convos? Or is it more like a voice trying to persuade you to do bad things?

Sooooo like does that mean my charrie is accepted...?

lol All goods

K so questions then:

• When you use your anomaly is it like you have to do hand waving or do your eyes light up or some other FX?
  • So the more you use it the better you get but the more the entity tries to take over?
  • Do our charries and our entities have convos? Or is it more like a voice trying to persuade you to do bad things?
1. Different anomalies have different requirements, ie: Bask's is very passive while Hawkshaw would actively have to grab and throw his spades. Generally though I would say they come from the hands. By nature these anomalies are pretty random, so it's possible they could have some sort of effect when created.
Something that will come up later though is "accessory arms and eyes," but that'll be explained when it's relevant.

2. "Tries" Isn't the right word... But yes, all the power comes from the enigma, and the power an enigma can provide is based solely on how much brainpower it's given. In the short-run it's not very noticeable on the psyche, but as time goes on the person can change drastically.

3. An anchor usually forms some sort of a relationship with their engima, as engimas are intelligent. They know everything their anchor knows, then some, and their personalities can vary. An enigma can act benevolent, or steer their anchor to do heinous things. It's all a matter of self-preservation. They know what happens after death, and they don't want to go back. On top of everything, an enigma's goal is to live.

I was looking through CS's again and BuggaBoo BuggaBoo 's gave me the idea to provide some music that may help establish the feeling in the beginning:

I stand alone on the cliffs of the world
No one never tends to me
Sitting alone covered in grease
Some things are so my mind can breathe
The waiting is hard, fucking takes so long
Draped in sun, hands in sand
Earth acid cleanses me, cleanses me clean
But the world, it never comes
It never comes
It never comes
It never comes
I lay on my side in the edge of the room
She never expects anything from me
Where are all the days, the days of the year
I know I miss that part of me
The waiting is hard, fucking takes so long
Draped in sun, hands in sand
Earth acid cleanses me, cleanses me clean
But the world, it never comes
It never comes
It never comes
It never comes
It never comes
It never comes

We get some rules to follow
That and this, these and those
No one knows
We get these pills to swallow
How they stick in your throat?
Tastes like gold
Oh, what you do to me
No one knows
And I realize you're mine
Indeed a fool am I
Indeed a fool am I
I journey through the desert
Of the mind with no hope
I follow
I drift along the ocean
Dead lifeboats in the sun
And come undone
Pleasantly caving in
I come undone
Indeed a fool am I
Indeed a fool am I
Heaven smiles above me
What a gift here below
But no one knows
The gift that you give to me
No one knows

Might have to take a quick meal break, but I'm nearly done.
EDIT: Done- hope you like.

Last edited:
Looks great, IC is up!

I'll get my other posts up later
Right now, cigar time

Probably George Probably George Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread BuggaBoo BuggaBoo
So can we plot out exactly how long each member has been on the team, how many assignments they've been on and with who, and the relationships between them?
Sorry if I didn't make it clear, but everyone has only been an Anchor for a very short time and an Exterminator for even shorter. You went through some very basic and choppy training. You may have history with one another, but otherwise you're complete strangers meeting for the first time.
There will be someone much more experienced in the group for a short time, lent over from another group to more-so show the ropes.
Post is in the works rn

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, but everyone has only been an Anchor for a very short time and an Exterminator for even shorter. You went through some very basic and choppy training. You may have history with one another, but otherwise you're complete strangers meeting for the first time.
There will be someone much more experienced in the group for a short time, lent over from another group to more-so show the ropes.
Post is in the works rn
I'm gonna have to go over all the CSes again then, bc I thought all of them said the characters joined the team a while ago.

A while meaning a few weeks ago. The third wave only began a couple months ago
Mb for the misunderstanding
Wait, so you're saying they've all had training but for some reason not with each other, and now they're expected to go on a mission together after meeting each other for the first time, even though they've never trained together? o.o

Wait, so you're saying they've all had training but for some reason not with each other, and now they're expected to go on a mission together after meeting each other for the first time, even though they've never trained together? o.o
Very basic training, and they're gonna be tag-alongs to a more seasoned Exterminator. An Anchor goes through private training as soon as they're captured and recruited. You weren't trained together as a class. Consider this on-site training, they don't wanna spend a lot of money training people they expect to have short careers.

Very basic training, and they're gonna be tag-alongs to a more seasoned Exterminator. An Anchor goes through private training as soon as they're captured and recruited. You weren't trained together as a class. Consider this on-site training, they don't wanna spend a lot of money training people they expect to have short careers.
But isn't it cheaper and more efficient to train them all together rather than individually? :/

But isn't it cheaper and more efficient to train them all together rather than individually? :/
If all them became Anchors at the same time then yes. For example Bask one of the first amongst the third wave and has been waiting over a month, while Hawkshaw is newer and thus has only been waiting a couple weeks. They don't get the training a typical detective has. They're taught how to detain someone and the basics in man-hunting. They're expected to pick up most things through experience. Sort of a way to weed out the weak.

These aren't trained officers, these are the undesirables being used before being discarded

If all them became Anchors at the same time then yes. For example Bask one of the first amongst the third wave and has been waiting over a month, while Hawkshaw is newer and thus has only been waiting a couple weeks. They don't get the training a typical detective has. They're taught how to detain someone and the basics in man-hunting. They're expected to pick up most things through experience. Sort of a way to weed out the weak.

These aren't trained officers, these are the undesirables being used before being discarded
Okay, that does clear things up somewhat. But there is some remaining confusion, in that my CSes say Heliopause has been a thing for year, and yet they were accepted (I assume, as I received no message to the contrary). So what happened to it to make it so that it is now a bunch of random new people they waited to train and an oldbie from a different group? :/

Also, re: your post, Bask is giving order sheets and sending off his caravan, but his CS says his business has been ended, so more confusion there ^^"

Okay, that does clear things up somewhat. But there is some remaining confusion, in that my CSes say Heliopause has been a thing for year, and yet they were accepted (I assume, as I received no message to the contrary). So what happened to it to make it so that it is now a bunch of random new people they waited to train and an oldbie from a different group? :/

Also, re: your post, Bask is giving order sheets and sending off his caravan, but his CS says his business has been ended, so more confusion there ^^"
Yes that was an oversight on my part. I interpreted the series of events as: a year ago she made technological breakthroughs, then some time later was chosen to help prepare for a new Extermination group.
Not to say it couldn't have been in the works for over a year. They would've been preparing for a rainy day, and that day has come. But as I explained a while ago, the third wave of enigmas only began a couple months ago

Regarding Bask the city owns his business but Bask still sleeps there, he owns the lot. The equipment for the business is still at his "home," but it isn't his. I guess it was bad wording, rather his career ended. By business I meant he has no more professional business with the company, but he still has a personal connection with his old employees. To him they're still his men and it's still his caravan, he just isn't the legal owner anymore. I tried to get across how he felt about these things by how they're referred to.

The reason it seems like a random group is because it's simply comprised of the newest Anchors in the city. They're saving money in training by having seasoned Exterminators explain and show you how the job is done. This is your group training, in the field.

Do kids attend school in this setting? Or do they join apprenticeship or do whatever labor their family needs?

Well my girlie is a pirate trying to hide her identity so I'm up for however long we need to know each other. Just lmk. All goods!!

Yes that was an oversight on my part. I interpreted the series of events as: a year ago she made technological breakthroughs, then some time later was chosen to help prepare for a new Extermination group.
Not to say it couldn't have been in the works for over a year. They would've been preparing for a rainy day, and that day has come. But as I explained a while ago, the third wave of enigmas only began a couple months ago

Regarding Bask the city owns his business but Bask still sleeps there, he owns the lot. The equipment for the business is still at his "home," but it isn't his. I guess it was bad wording, rather his career ended. By business I meant he has no more professional business with the company, but he still has a personal connection with his old employees. To him they're still his men and it's still his caravan, he just isn't the legal owner anymore. I tried to get across how he felt about these things by how they're referred to.

The reason it seems like a random group is because it's simply comprised of the newest Anchors in the city. They're saving money in training by having seasoned Exterminators explain and show you how the job is done. This is your group training, in the field.
Mkay, so do I need to change my CSes to say she was working with a different Exterminator group and then got put in charge of the new one or something? Or that she was in charge of putting the new one together? I'm honestly confused about the timeline and why they would have been working on this new group for a year, bc even though the 3rd wave started two months ago, 1st and 2nd wave anchors would still be around to recruit and hunt down, unless I am missing something.

Last edited:
Probably George Probably George k so like some more questions cuz me!:

• can we control how often we can use the anomaly or is the enigma fickle and allows it when it feels it is right?
  • is it draining to use the enigma anomaly or any other side FX?
  • so like we had some basic training. is that kinda like police training? so like we'd know the laws that govern what we can and cannot get away with when catching other anchors?
  • did we get any other equipment, weapons or like uniform? or is that happening now that we meet again?
  • this enigma box thingie that we are attached to. is it like a spying device that can hear everything we do?
  • how free are we to roam slaughterville and do people recognize us as executioner anchors?
  • my girlie came from the coast. is there some kinda housing provided or like is she in a jail cell kinda deal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back