Other So... why do you roleplay?

How long have you been role-playing in writing format? (not counting video games or card games)

• <1 year

• 2-3 years

• 4-5 years

• 6-7 years

• 8-9 years

• 10+ years

Results are only viewable after voting.
At most, I roleplay to usually just get out of my "anti-social" hole and whatnot. I trouble talking with others in real life, so I usually just roleplay to try to get atleast a "decent conversation", but I noticed of how roleplays do more than just that.

Roleplaying helped me become an experienced story writer, because of how much character, how much effort, and how much work is put onto these roleplays. I have my own kind of world, own kind of characters, own kinds of plot, like i'm just in another universe or something.

I've made many kinds of stories with dragons, wolves, space, everything. (except basically humans cause i'm not good with humans lol). Thanks to roleplaying, I literally have such a huge imagination that flows around me 24/7 all the time and stuff. Yikes I sound like i'm speaking broken english, but this is basically why I do roleplay. o3o

At most, I roleplay to usually just get out of my "anti-social" hole and whatnot. I trouble talking with others in real life, so I usually just roleplay to try to get atleast a "decent conversation", but I noticed of how roleplays do more than just that.

Roleplaying helped me become an experienced story writer, because of how much character, how much effort, and how much work is put onto these roleplays. I have my own kind of world, own kind of characters, own kinds of plot, like i'm just in another universe or something.

I've made many kinds of stories with dragons, wolves, space, everything. (except basically humans cause i'm not good with humans lol). Thanks to roleplaying, I literally have such a huge imagination that flows around me 24/7 all the time and stuff. Yikes I sound like i'm speaking broken english, but this is basically why I do roleplay. o3o
Cool, hosodon! How good to hear that you're reflecting more on this activity and recognizing that it's more than a product of weakness!

I encourage you to grow in your love of people because I used to be similar in that way. I used to have a HUGE imagination but didn't like people. Then i realized that there are people like me too, who love to be creative. And people also contribute to roleplay, do they not?
Perhaps you can think of real life interactions as similar to a roleplay. But like, first person~ ;)

All the cool kids I looked up to as a preteen were doing it.

haha! Where are these "cool kids" now?
I don't know.... they don't RP anymore! XD They probably went off to college and got jobs, which is what happened to me. Now instead of sitting on my bum and writing, I sit on my bum and play video games.

I don't know.... they don't RP anymore! XD They probably went off to college and got jobs, which is what happened to me. Now instead of sitting on my bum and writing, I sit on my bum and play video games.
Nice. Sounds normal! *which is kinda sad...? Idk, what do you think about that?

Eh, I roleplay because I always found video games too damn restrictive. What if I didn't like where the story was going? Or maybe I liked such-and-such character, but didn't feel they were real enough. Or at least that is the case now. When I was younger, it was mostly to learn the language. English is a holy pain in the ass to learn coming from a romance language. Now, I hardly even remember what it's like to deal with the original one.

Eh, I roleplay because I always found video games too damn restrictive. What if I didn't like where the story was going? Or maybe I liked such-and-such character, but didn't feel they were real enough. Or at least that is the case now. When I was younger, it was mostly to learn the language. English is a holy pain in the ass to learn coming from a romance language. Now, I hardly even remember what it's like to deal with the original one.
Yeah, I feel there is also more freedom in written roleplays than video games. Of course, that also gives trolls more leeway to crash and burn the thing, but the people on here are mostly pretty nice. :)

The main reason I roleplay would be because I want to express my creativity and share what I make with others. Over time, the aspect of the community has been growing on me quite a lot as well.

Sorry that I can't provide much more of a fancy response to this topic... (ok, maybe I could but not at this hour)

Yeah, I suppose. Roleplaying is a way for all of us to express our creativity and ideas, make new friends, and just chat about common interests.

I roleplay (In written format primarily) to fill a deep, dark, dangerous abyss that can only be filled by pretending to be someone interesting, that or pizza.

In all seriousness, I do rp because I've always had an affinity for writing and enjoyed doing it. Roleplaying fit like a well-tailored glove when I first tried it. Plus it gives me the opportunity to wear many hats, whereas in real life I'm only boring old me.

I roleplay (In written format primarily) to fill a deep, dark, dangerous abyss that can only be filled by pretending to be someone interesting, that or pizza.

In all seriousness, I do rp because I've always had an affinity for writing and enjoyed doing it. Roleplaying fit like a well-tailored glove when I first tried it. Plus it gives me the opportunity to wear many hats, whereas in real life I'm only boring old me.
Oh... I thought in real life you still have to wear many hats. Depending on the setting and who you're with.

I find it funny how at first the responses were supa deep and reflective, and now it's one-liners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back