• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Shattered Nairys: Voyages of the Dauntilus

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Yaloo looked at Xiaolian incredulously, then very skeptically. Kinyetics? Oh, kinetics. But aren't the laws of kinetics based around speed and mass, and she is so very . . . small. If what she claimed was true, and if gauging from the dressage, then she had to be somewhat of a speedster, or have a very good headstart down the docks to pull such a bag of luggage without faltering. He would have loved to see the catgirl do that, rushing down the wooden planks in an effort to move it. He did not know if he could restrain a laugh at the sight, and he did not now when he chuckled under his breath.

"You know what, Miss? I will take you up on that offer," Yaloo said, putting every effort to keep his voice calm. "I need a bit of a breather from lugging this, and I am curious to see how your brand of kinyetics works. I have faith you'll do well."

He glanced over to his companion, not breaking his concentration on her too much as to lose track of their conversation. Something seemed . . . off regarding Sinead's response, and he was not entirely sure it was because of the foreignness of her name. Was she lying to him out of fear of him? This is probably the case. A woman lying about her name to a perfect, if not additionally charming and dashing and wonderful, stranger is not unheard of, lest they become too involved, but what if she was lying for the same reason that he suspected earlier: that someone was after her too? Heck, what if she was hunting him?

A wave of panic passed over his face as he reconsidered the baggage's being claimed by the little flight attendant, but it was too late. Things were already set in motion, and now he had to keep his guard up and keep up an act.

"Milay is mine. A pleasure to meet you, Simead. It might be early to say this, but I wish you a nice and prosperous time on this ship, fellow passenger. A lady with a charming name like that deserves as much."

Last edited:
- Gaius, Chief of Security - Dauntilus, Cargo Hold -

RikuXIII RikuXIII

Gaius was a tad taken aback by the snappiness of the Dock Worker. At this point, the Golem was used to everyone and their mothers being in Dominic's backpocket, yet though this random ass Dock Boy wasn't, Gaius had at least expected him to have inspected the cargo or been told what he was carrying to the transport ship Dauntilus.

"Dominic's our boss, above the Captain in the food chain. And that's all you're getting, he keeps to himself as you've no doubt surmised." Gaius then held true to his word, shaking his head as he finished signing the document and pointed to the Dock Worker with what appeared to be a frown on his mechanical face. "You take that tone with me again and you can kiss your job goodbye. Trust me. Now get lost." And with that, he planted the clip board and pen against the worker's chest aggressively, walking around and behind the worker to inspect Lenny's work.

While Gaius hadn't the patience for snippy Dock Boys, he was always amused by Lenny and his...antics. The Rock Golem was gesturing to his perfectly symmetrical stacking to Jakoby, expecting him to be impressed. Whether or not the goblin was impressed didn't matter, because a chuckling Gaius certainly was.

"Great work, Lenny!" He said off-handedly but still with enthusiasm which would hopefully be motivating and pleasing for Lenny to hear. Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

- Silas Grayson, aka Lich, Security/Councilor/Assassin - Dauntilus, Top Deck - Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

A huff of satisfaction was all that came out of Lich's "lips" when an invisible figure came tumbling nearby and soon revealed himself to be none other than Zix Drask. Typical really. Twirling another Silence in his fingers, Lich took his gaze off of it to look at Zix, his practically still face bespeaking a mild level of amusement.

"Zix...Zix, Zix, Zix...snooping around the top deck, hmm? Our little lookout thinking no one can see him. Hah! Anyone with the same instincts as me shows up and they're not as friendly as myself, and you're toast, skinbag." Sneered Lich, who's tone of voice conveyed a very apparent lack of care, which then got noticeably darker when the idea of Zix's demise cropped up, pinching the Silence in his hand, before with a flash of moment, replaced it with a Foul Crystal: A much larger item, an obsidian crystal that while only a thin, vertical sliver, filled his hand and its points extended slightly beyond his palms. He pondered the unnaturally black crystal for a moment...

"You ever kill a man, Zix? It does things to the soul. Always leaves its mark and it's one that can never be rubbed out. Some people let it destroy them, while others..." The crystal began to glow slightly, a green hue overtaking it betokening Life Energy siphoned from an unlucky victim. "They embrace it. The power it can lead to, the freedom it brings...and the temptation to do it all over again."

A few moments would pass in an eerie silence...before in a non-sequitur fashion, the crystal would just disappear and Lich would just shrug.

"Just waxing philosophical, really I came to check up on you and wouldn't you know it, you're right here! ...how are you, Zix?" Lich's tone was strangely friendly, meaning he was obviously putting it on, but you know, it was part of the job, he had to inquire as to the crew's mental well-being every so often. A "stabilizing element" they called it. Complete bullshit, Lich thought.

A still unnoticed Amelia watched quietly, observing the way Zix and Lich behaved from the same place as before.

- Daniel Lancaster - Kitchen -

Daniel rubbed the back of his head with one hand, frowning, "Damn, I overslept again..." Daniel commented, it was true, he had been sleeping too much lately, "Need to get a louder alarm".

As Faloan and Maria conversed Daniel kept on sipping his coffee, as Faloan handed Maria her mug. It was then that she released some of her fear aura, though he barely felt anything by it now considering how usually he had to deal with Maria's antics and his own psyche being enhanced he could hold very well under the effects of her fear aura, not to the point of immunity, not yet anyway.

"If you're interested in checking people, I think you can check the new helmsman, you just met him...and I think we're getting a few new passengers today, or one. Whichever, they might be up for a surprise check-up." Daniel suggested, taking another sip of his coffee.

"Just don't...uh, Flare that aura of yours before they're in your clinic" Daniel suggested, before turning to Faloan. "So, last time I checked you were working on a project, something about a new type of golem?" Daniel asked. "Still at it?"

HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Elrandir Elrandir

- Zix Drask - Top deck of the Dauntilus, with Lich and Amelia -

"I had you in my sights the moment you showed up..." Zix commented dryly, intersecting amidst Lich's usual monologuing. Folding his arms as Lich continued on.
"Yes. More than you'd think...you ever kill a man with a plunger?" He answered Lich's first question about ever killing a man, before letting the golem speak the rest of his sentences. Scoffing somewhat as Lich mentioned embracing killing and the temptation of killing and power.

"Yeah, pretty sure that's some psychopathy spectrum, I do what I gotta do because it's my job, was my previous job, and might be my future job too, I don't need to feel good or bad doing it." Zix commented, a dry tone coming out of his helmet, coming off somewhat technological. He jerked his head to the side, and he noticed Amelia standing by the door.

"Uh huh" Zix commented on Lich's whiplash. And then he was asked about his well being! usual conversations with Lich, really. "I am well, as can be. Just gotta keep a lookout for the new passenger and anything unusual about the port, there's also the new engineer coming in too, after our last one...well...im sure you know what happened." Zix spoke, his voice sounding somewhat neutral.

"Oh hey Amelia" Zix would say as he would look at her position, his HUD on his helmet quickly catching and zooming up to her before zooming out. "Don't just stand there, c'mere and join us!" Zix proposed.

Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

Last edited:
- Faloan Apateon - Aboard the Dauntilus - Kitchen -
Scrapmaster Scrapmaster HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

The shifter's eyes wandered until they finally stopped at Daniel.

"That's is correct, Mister Lancaster. Me and my team are working to, how shall I put it? make an upgrade for the golems," Faloan answered, "you see, these types of golems, or androids if you will, will change how current golems can function."

Faloan took a seat on the opposite of Daniel, still looking at him.

'They will be faster, stronger, performing tasks will be easier for them. Those who wish to upgrade to these new prototypes will be able to tests their new capabilities," she said with a smile, "those who wish to remain on their current vessels will have their wish respected. They are living beings after all. The golems without the spark of life will see an improvement of almost 100% on their skills and their performance will be enhanced."

That was the plan, of course. She and her team still had a lot to work on. GE1 was already active, but she was the only one at the moment.

"We are still working on the prototype, of course. There's still much to be done before we can make these new vessels available to the public, but we are making great progress."

MARIA
Maria listened to Faloan, ignoring the comment about her aura. Her eyes watching the green haired woman intently as she drank the dark liquid. Her eyes remained low as usual. “Are you suggesting zat you can make Golems even stronger zen zey already are?” She looks into the cup with a small grin. The aura’s pressure grew as she learned more about Faloan.

XIAOLIAN
The darts wrapped around the suitcase and seemed to just, plop onto the ground. The catfolk began to move down the hall. Yaloo’s bag slid behind her as if unaffected by the laws of friction. “Nyow you sir will be living in ryoom twenty nyine. And you miss will be in ryoom thirty. “ she continues to explain as she leads them to their rooms. “If you Nyeed anything at all just press the button in your room and I will be paged by this little device. I will do whatever I pawsibly can. If I do nyot come then understand I also work in the security departmyent. Thus. I myay be attending to my other duties.” She stops infront of their doors.

"That is the plan, yes. We are still discussing fail-safes just in case one of the prototypes attemps to use their new upgrades for, say, commit a crime," she said to Maria looking directly at her, "these are the living ones we are talking about, of course. Non living golems should be easier to take care of."

Faloan could feel the aura around Maria growing, it was an interesting experience, for sure.

"I have already finished one such golem and we are currently running tests in our laboratory. A more extensive test will be performed in a month or two from now by the board," Faloan said with a hint of annoyance, "so my team is making sure everything is working the way it should."

- Daniel Lancaster - Dauntilus Kitchen -

"Technology, the ever growing power." Daniel commented, sipping on his coffee as he looked at Faloan and Maria, and then back at Faloan. He had known she was worked on Golems before, and that she was working on some sort of prototype for a while, but he didn't know they were soon ready to be tested. Well, so long as they didn't put him out of a job, not that it was likely, actual gunsmiths were kind of rare these days with mass production of weaponry and ammo, why have something tuned or fixed if you can just buy another one?

"How human-like will they be? I know it is a common wish of Golems to appear more human, or become human entirely". Daniel asked, quite invested in the topic of discussion. "What models do you have in mind for them? like combat models, or any other?"

Elrandir Elrandir HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

"Technology is what makes people and the world push forward and evolve, Mister Lancaster," Faloan said, "that and some people would say money too."

Daniel asking how human-like these new golems would be made Faloan smile.

"One hundred percent human-like, of course. As you said, some golems wish to resemble humans, to be as close as possible. They think that this will allow them to better integrate in society," she said, "they wish to be part of the world, to be able to express emotions, to share what they see. We wish to help with that. As for what types of golems there would be? It could depend on what role they wish to have. Perhaps a a vessel designed for combat? or perhaps medical assistance? It depends, but, like I said, we still need to make sure prototypes are ready for preliminary tests."

Last edited:
- Milay-Yaloo, on-board the Dauntilus in the living quarters -

Yaloo looked intrigued as he analysed the situation. His bag seemed like it still held mass, but continued on as if unaffected by the ground, inclines, or declines, just direction. How very fascinating! he thought to himself. What interesting magic. It is as if she keeps it going a constant speed without need for pushing and pulling.

As he listened on, he found out that the two passengers were going to be in rooms next to each other. His eyes lit up at that. Perhaps in time not spent on themselves he can figure out what made the girl so intriguing. He looked toward Sinead with a passing glance before smiling at their kind stewardess and grabbing his luggage.

"Thank you very much, Miss . . . Xiaolang? I've never been very good at retaining names, I apologise. And you, Sinead, I hope you have a nice stay like I intend to do."

He brought his glasses low and with a twist, allowing a wink to sail off toward the two ladies before turning and entering Room 29, his room for the stay. He hoped it wasn't a double occupancy and that he had to share with a roommate.

- Fiore - Dauntilus Kitchen -
Centaurs were naturally...clumsy. Albeit, self aware. Now a days everything was built consciously around the varying sizes of creatures, but of course people usually just adjusted to the majority. If you lived in a centaur centered town or city everything was consciously built around the centaur size. Taller tables, larger rooms, so on. Inside the Dauntilus? Fiore could not help but to feel claustrophobic. Or being a bother. She took up much more space than the usual, that's for sure, and that was not counting poor Lenny who was stuck in the cargo bay for the majority of the trip. But she managed. At first the sound of the floor creaking under her weight could be notable should the area be quiet enough, Fiore peeking around the corner as she headed straight to the kitchen. People were already talking. It seems that they were talking about artificial golems? Technological ones? She walked into view of the doorway, moving some of her hair away from her eyes when she realized that she would not be alone. "Oh! My apologies, I did not mean to eavesdrop." She muttered. She did not eat breakfast. She was hungry. She hoped to get a sandwich or maybe some tea before the trip began. She played sheepishly with her fingers, smiling. "The golem conversation was much too interesting to pass up. But, um...Is it possible to sneak in a sandwich before take off?"

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

While she was having a conversation with Daniel and Maria, she could hear the sound of steps coming from the hallway. A couple of people? No. These sounded a little heavier than the avarage humanoid. Lenny was still in the cargo bay. And they surely didn't had two golems like him on the ship. There was another potential individual, of course. Fiore Angioletta, the resident centaur Apothecary/Alchemist.

"This is the cafeteria, dear. I am sure there's supposed to be people in here most of the time. Either eating or preparing meals," Faloan said as she waved Fiore to enter, "As for the golem conversation, well, it sure is interesting."

She had been studying golems and how they worked for a few years now. It had been such an amazing discovery when the first sentient golem was born, and they still continued to be a nice topic of research. Ah, but Fiore was not there to hear about golems, or that's what she thought, at least. Instead, she looked like she was quite hungry.

"We still have time for a quick meal. Please, take a seat and allow me to make you one." she said.

Her shark steak was long gone at that point, so she took the plate and went to the actual kitchen, put the plate on the sink to wash it later. What was available at the moment? Fresh tomatoes, check. fresh green leaf lettuce, check. Oh! Some oven roasted beef! Some swiss cheese and a little bit of ham. That would have to do. Did they had . . . ah! bread! She was ready to work her magic on making a good meal for their resident centaur. And after a few minutes Faloan came out of the kitchen with a nice roast beef sandwich in a plate.

"Sorry for the wait, Miss Angioletta. The pantry was running low, but we still had some ingredients left. A few members of the crew went to get more ingredients to fill the pantry at my request, so we should be good for a few more weeks before the end of the day." Faloan said as she put the plate in front of the young girl, "I hope you enjoy it. If you need anything else, do not hesitate to tell me."

- Fiore - Dauntilus Kitchen -
Fiore unintentionally wagged her tail when she was given the go to enter the kitchen. She walked over and around the table, careful to not bump into any of them. "I am not very well versed in the topic of golems, but I can understand the interest. It is currently one of the fastest growing branches within its respective industry." To create golems that were faster, stronger, and better was something that had always been in the mind of innovators. As technology advanced, so did the ambitions of those who sought out the fame of creation. Fiore knelt down on the floor, straightening her back to greet the cook as well. "Thank you." She said, her tail gently wagging before curling against her own body. When the sandwich was brought back, her eyes gleamed. "Thank you so much! You were so fast!" She chimed, taking a hold of her sandwich and beginning to eat up. She bit down and her tail could be heard fluffing against the floorboard.

Maria
“As much as I enjoy learning about my patients...” Maria picks up her coffee cup and straightens out her lab coat. “I zink it iz time for me to return to my office. I’ll begin calling people in for ze prevoyage examinations. To make sure everyone is travel ready. Do not miss your summons or you will be hunted down dearest. Bon Son?” Maria explained to Daniel before leaving the syringe on the table. “And consider zis an advanced payment for working so diligently wiz me.”

Maria would then leave as swiftly as she came. Her shoes clicking loudly against the floor of the Dauntilus as she made her way back to the medical station. Her eyes ready to examine every single member of this crew and the passengers before a weeks time would pass. Memorization was the key to her game.

- Daniel - Dauntless Cafeteria -

Daniel groaned in frustration as Maria nonchalantly left his "medicine" on a literal table in the middle of the cafeteria, in clear sight of Fiore, Faloan and anyone else in the area. His frustrated groan was drowned out by his sipping of his coffee. He walked over and grabbed the syringe and pocketed it before onlookers could pay much attention. He looked over at the Centaur, Fiore, the new and innocent passenger of the Dauntilus. A few seconds of silence followed as he looked at her, then at the table. "Uh". Well Maria really left him on an awkward spot. "It's medicine...I swear."
"Just uh...forget you saw she throw it onto the table, please." Daniel asked her, in his common growly and serious voice.

"I'l catch up with you later Faloan, I got some stuff to do at my office as well" Daniel spoke to Faloan before nodding to both of them, and heading out of the cafeteria, he had some tinkering to do.
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Elrandir Elrandir

- Hektor Maxwell - The Shifting Gentleman -

"Hello!" A voice boomed from the corridor, approaching Xiaolian and the passengers she was guiding, it was one of the new passengers, Hektor, he was somewhat late to the boarding and passenger check-in, all because of a nice little tea shop located in the harbor he just had to partake in. His footsteps clearly detectable as his high class shoes walked along the floor of the ship. He held a rather...large luggage case, in one hand, and on his other hand. A seemingly simple cane which he used seemingly for walking and standing support. "I do apologize for my lateness..." Hektor greeted them with a tip of his top hat, his monocle ever always on his left eye. "Could you point me to my room, miss?" Hektor asked Xiaolian.

Hektor's appearance was rather high class even for the Dauntilus standards, and he smelled of a rather pleasant and expensive cologne, and of fresh tea leaves.

Thanny Thanny HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

Last edited:
- Fiore - Dauntilus Cafeteria-
Fiore remained chewing on her sandwich, suddenly perking up as her attention was brought by Daniel. He asked for her to forget about the syringe left behind by the mad looking doctor, and the centaur was still chewing as she eyed him, and then back at the table, and then back at him, and then back at her sandwich before she finally swallowed. "...I did not say anything." She admitted, looking away from him and the table to just take another bite out of her given food. She was pretty much trying to eat the sandwich as fast as she could to avoid any further awkward interaction. She watched him walk away and sighed, swallowing what was left of her food. She glanced up at the others around the table, cleaning her lips. "...um...it is just medicine, right?" She asked. She knew she should not pry, but she made note to avoid the doctor.

Xiaolian

The young Cat eared girl looked at the newcomer before pulling out a small checklist her darts swayed defensively. She didn’t like when people just walked onto the Ship without a guide. She looked him up and down then back to her checklist. She held it up to him as if comparing a picture to the real thing. “And your nyame is?”

- Daniel Lancaster - Cafeteria -

Daniel was almost at the home stretch, almost leaving the cafeteria as he noticed something, in his rush to leave with the "medicine", he forgot his god damn coffee mug in the same table. Annoyed, he turned back around and walked back to the table next to Fiore, where his mug was. He then heard her question about it being medicine. He sighed. He needed to explain it now, god damn you Maria. "It's not really your normal kind of medicine, you know how some patients need altered ones?" Daniel explained to her, in a rather tired tone. "That's the best explanation I can give, as I don't really understand the details myself." He admitted.

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't make a rumor about it, it wouldn't be the first time it happened..." Daniel sighed as he ended the line.

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

- Hektor Maxwell -

Hektor tilted his head somewhat at the sight for Xiaolian, was he looking at a kid? or a small woman? he knew not to judge or make assumptions, but Xiaolian wasn't the image he'd imagine of a Stewardess, the cat ears certainly didn't help matters. But alas, he wouldn't judge.

"Hektor Maxwell". Hektor responded to the catgirl with a polite nod and tone. "I apologize for my lateness, and for walking around without permission or guidance."

HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

- Fiore - Dauntilus Cafeteria-
Fiore tilted her head as she finished her sandwich, small bits of crust on her lips before she swallowed and wiped them clean. "Hm. I have no need to spread such when I am merely a passenger." She spoke, carefully standing up. By that she towered the man, picking up the plate and glass of tea. "As long as it does not end up getting in my way or cause any trouble, it's all on you and the rest of the team, correct?" She smiled. She brought the two to the sink, where she assumed the dishes would be and stepped back, walking over to Daniel and past him. "Good afternoon then. Be careful with your medicine." With that, she stepped away and decided that she would be leaving for her room. She figured she wouldn't have to deal with the doctor if she didn't leave her room at all. Not the best theory, but it was worth the try. She had work to do anyways.

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

"Ah, don't worry about it, Miss Angioletta. Our dear Doctor can be quite the character, but she makes sure that everyone is taken care of, that means making sure everyone gets their medicine on time," Faloan replied calmly, "If you stay long enough, you will learn how things work."

Daniel came back a few seconds later for . . . ? Ah! His cup of coffee. Apparently he had heard Fiore's question regarding the medicine that Maria gave him.

"There is no need for explanations if you don't feel comfortable with sharing that kind of personal information, Mister Lancaster," she said, "everyone on this ship is entitled to their own secrets. And rumors are just that, rumors."

Aw, Fiore was such a well mannered lady, making sure that the plate and glass were left of the sink. After that she excused herself. Was she going to try and avoid Maria? That would be a fun spectacle to witness.

"Have a good day, Miss Angioletta. If you need more nourishment, the cafeteria is always open."

{Sinead Dimoux - Boarding the Dauntilus}
Sinead blushed a little at Yaloo's comment about her name.
"Thanks." She replied. "Yours is pretty cool."
She followed after Xiolian and Yaloo, her eyes constantly on the move as they made their way below decks. Couldn't be too careful. Not even here. Maybe especially here. She gave Xiolian a faint smile as she was shown her room.
"Thanks." She said, giving Yaloo a quick nod in response before ducking into her room and shutting the door behind her.
After a quick look around, Sinead flopped against a wall, sliding down to a sitting position as her legs gave way. She felt so tired. Ever since that night, she had been running. She wasn't sure where was safe, but if she was found, it would be disaster. And what if the High Lor-
The fae woman yelped as she brought her now bleeding finger quickly up to her mouth. She sucked on the injured digit as she looked for what cut it, but only saw shadows in the dimly lit guest room. What was she thinking about again? It didn't really matter as a feeling of hunger overwhelmed her train of thought. She couldn't remember the last time she had a proper meal. Picking herself up, Sinead took a few breaths before opening her room's door and peaking out. When it was clear there was nothing out there to get her, she slung out and followed her nose to the kitchen.

HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Thanny Thanny

{Captain Dillon Grant: Aboard the Dauntilus; Heading for the top deck}
"Unless we have some new orders, we're heading to the lower settlements." Dillon answered Wei quickly. "Kelk Station."
Both Wei and Marcel would recognize the name as one of the lowest settlements on this side of the world. It was still safely out of the affects of the planet's core, but you could feel some of it's heat from there. Not many airships were set up to go that low, but the Dauntilus was something different.
Reaching the top deck, the captain headed for a small ramp down to the docks away from the main gangway. Set up as the foot of the ramp was a large chest* blocking the way. Just below the what looked like the handle to open the box was a yellow sticky note covered in doddles and curly writing. Dillon tore off the note and read it aloud.
"'Hey! Could you move my trunk to the engine room? I'll be along shortly after. Looking forward to meeting you all face to face.' Signed Aurora, followed by a little heart and smiley face."
Dillon sighed as he first tested the latch to find the chest firmly locked, then gave it a quick tug to find it quite heavy.
"So, no mechanic, but we do have another heavy box." He commented, sounding a little tired.

The chest in question
AnimatedSciFiChests_screenshot7-1920x1080-89be4329fb2ef4fb5b482f3459cb2423.png

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 @Endless Thundaza

{Jakoby: Aboard the Dauntilus; Cargo Bay}
The dock worker rolled his eyes.
"Yeah, yeah." He grumbled. "Your boss can have it out with mine. We're done here."
With a spit of something brownish of the side of the dock into the endless sky between the floating islands of Nairys, the dock worker backed the loader up and drove off.
Across the cargo bay, Jakoby gave a wicked little smile as the large golem did his bidding. Authority was a rare thing for the wiry janitor, thus he relished the opportunity to abuse it.
"A little more." He said, delight edging his voice.
The interruption of Gaius's praise for Lenny dampened the moment for Jakoby, earning Gaius a dirty look. It only lasted an instant until Jakoby remembered the head of security could actually hurt him.
"It's fine." He mumbled before preforming a high speed sidle out of the cargo bay.

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

Last edited:
- Wei - Dauntilus; top deck -
Kelk Station. Wei merely hummed. That place was a worse sauna than the engine room itself. If you liked the heat, it was a nice place to go, but otherwise it was uncomfortable. The one thing that keeps that place economically alive was probably due to the tourism in regards to the core. Guides leading groups of people down as far as they are physically able for pictures and bragging rights. Regardless he probably wouldn't leave the actual ship. Maybe he could nap. But from encountering an actual person,instead he found a box. A chest to be more precise. Seems that he would not be meeting his mechanic today. Wei glanced at Dillion and merely shrugged. "I will take it back to the engine room. No worries." He looked down at the box and approached it, pulling on the handle to make sure it wasn't going to fall under the weight. He scanned it, and his body slowly adjusted . His legs would make a small clicking sound, followed by a hiss of steam escaping from his ankles as he leaned down and picked the chest up with both hands on either side of it. He held it with a straight back, the extra weight being balanced against his legs, who adjusted to keep the weight from causing damage to the body. It was a process that Wei was used to by now, but it was still odd. A powerful, strong body yet delicate enough that with one thing out of place it could fuck everything else up. "I will take this to the engine room. You know where to find me, if you need of me." With that, Wei excused himself and walked back up the ship, carrying it to the engine room.

- Lenny - Dauntilus; cargo bay -
Lenny was praised by Gaius, and the Golem was very satisfied and happy by it. He even proudly puffed his chest, hands on his hips and giving the biggest smile he could offer. "I stack the best." He decided. What he didn't eat, at least. However Jakoby did ask for it to go a little to the left, and Lenny did as asked before going back to being proud and happy. Afterwards it seemed that they were done with bringing stuff in, thus, Lenny would turn to Gaius. "Thank you, Gaius." The golem would then be hugged. Yes hugged. Hugged, as in arms wrapped around, lifted into the air and swung around like a hammock before being settled down. From there, Lenny would pay Gaius' head and step away to his nook. He had been working on the ship for long enough to earn his own little 'room', that being a space between two cargo storage areas where the golem could sit down, sleep, and have his own space to have his own stuff. He even collected things, albeit all of those that were not displayed in his nook were probably hidden in his stomach. Recently it seemed the golem had taken into knitting. Someone in one port ended up gifting him a kit as a tip and the golem found it nice to entertain himself that way when he wasn't sleeping. Something more to his hoarding, surely.

Xiaolian

She compared the image with the person before easing up. “Of course myerster Myaxwell. My apawlogies for Getting so aggressive. As a myember of this ship it’s a job to myake sure everything runs smyoothy. Please forgive the syudden aggression. Your ryoom is down the hall. Follow me.” the cait begins to walk further down the hall, leading Hektor into the next hall where she would stop by the door labeled 76. “This is your ryoom, syr.”

(I did this to myself Q-Q)

Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

Last edited:
Bailey
Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

The neighboring door to room 76 swung open, and out emerged a young woman with a brown woolen traveling cloak. Her long blonde hair was done up in a braid, her curved ears indicating her human heritage. She brought her hazel eyes to gaze from Xiaolian to Hektor in turn.

"You must be new," she said, arching a brow without further commentary. Having served as a diplomat and negotiator for Pavrum for several years, this was far from Bailey's first voyage, though it wasn't uncommon to see passengers picked up along the way on their missions. She just always pitied them, wondering if they really knew what they had signed up for upon coming aboard the Dauntilus. Given Hektor's stature and clothing alone she figured he was a nobleman, an even rarer breed to have aboard their vessel.

"Xiaolian, try not to scare our guest so bad that he wishes to walk the plank of his own volition," she said with a chortle, before starting to move past the two, braid swaying as she went.

- Hektor Maxwell - Gentleman Extraordinaire -

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

Xiaolian, the catgirl eased up as she compared the image shown to her to the real deal, and apologized for her previous aggressiveness, to which Hektor simply responded with a kind smile and a tip of his hat as he began to follow her. He analyzed her mannerisms and dialect, he hadn't met one being such as her before, especially not one that spoke mostly like a cat. Whichever the case, Hektor was glad to have been shown his own room, 76. A pleasing number.

"Why, thank you for showing me!" Hektor thanked Xiaolian for her service, before his attention was taken by another person, coming out of a neighboring room to his. A beautiful woman with blonde hair and hazel eyes, immediately catching Hektor's attention. The woman spoke, mentioning that Hektor was "new", the tone of her voice and an arching brow gave the feeling of neutrality or skepticism to him.

Hektor let out a chuckle at the mention of a plank. "Oh worry not, there will be no plank walking with me involved." Hektor commented with his noble tone, trying to adjust to the joke, even if awkwardly so.

"Might I ask for your name? Miss,or Madam?" Hektor asked Bailey, before she passed by them, with a smile. "My name is Hektor, it is a pleasure to meet you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back