• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Shattered Nairys: Voyages of the Dauntilus

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

RikuXIII

Random Schemer
~*Shattered Nairys*~

This is Nairys. A world shattered open by a mad man and held together by magic. Every piece of Nairys is anchored to its core by magical chains, and interconnected by bridges, both mundane and magical. While magic was once nearly forgotten part of the world, it is now at the center of everything. Much of the technology has incorporated it along with other scientific phenomena. Parts of humanity have been mutated by magic, and it brings life to those constructed, not born. The power available through magic has only increased, leading to some with demigod –like powers. But as this new Golden Age for Nairys continues, a fear has begun to stir in the minds of the people:

What happens if the magic runs out?

~*Voyages of the Dauntilus*~

Welcome aboard the Dauntless, a tramp transport airship navigating the collection of floating land masses that make up Nairys’ skies. While most people in more civilized parts of the world wouldn’t think a simple transport would need the impressive engines, defensive matrix, and hidden weapons systems in her hull, but then again, they haven’t had to deal with sky pirates, shipping monopolies, or the strange creatures that are found if one flies too low. But just how an independent ship could afford such tech is just one of the secrets that surround the Dauntilus.

You see, very few join the crew of the Dauntilus completely of their own free will. You were contacted by a man named Dominic Pavrum, and were made an offer you couldn’t refuse. Maybe you owe him money through third parties. Maybe he has something you need. Or maybe doing what he wants buys his silence on the subject of a dark secret you’d like to stay buried. Blackmail is such a ugly word, but it has its uses.

So, once again, welcome aboard. If you’re lucky, your contract will be over before you know it, and you can leave with peace of mind. It’s happened before. It all depends on how useful you are to the Dautilus.

~*Guidelines*~
  • While there is no character limit, it is recommended to keep the character count low.
  • The option to be an innocent bystander who joined the crew or boarded as a passenger is available, but realize that some weird crap is gonna happen that might make people that don’t have to stay with the Dauntilus to leave. Plan accordingly.
  • Whatever Pavrum has on you can be clearly stated in the CS, or you can PM it to me for secrecy. No one else on board will start out knowing why you took the job.
  • “Crew” is a broad term. There is the standard positions to expect, but there are also long term passengers who are there at Mr Pavrum’s request. They are usually there for their knowledge, skills and/or power that has nothing to do with the daily running of the ship.
(First post pending)

Shall we begin?

The sun finally made is past the large floating land mass that gave the Shady Harbor port it's name. Despite this port spending much of it's day in the shade of this land mass, it was often haled as a tourist location. It was near some of the major shipping ways, though just off to not feel congested. The twin city of Bareau-Yong was just an hour or so away, and the Crystal Caverns were just a short haunt over the Nirth Bridge. Tourism, however, was not the reason that the Dauntilus was making port today. Captain Dillon Grant piloted the vessel himself into a dock, trusting his crew to ensure the ship was tethered properly, he powered down the engines.
"All hands, we not staying long." Dillon said, keying on the ship's intercom. "Get what supplies you can, help with the loading of the cargo."
Keying off the intercom, he pulled out the printout from this morning. One was from a travel agency they dealt with. Apparently someone wanted to spend some time out in the air lanes. No fixed destination, just paid to stay aboard for a month. The boss hadn't mentioned anything about this, so it was likely just somebody looking to go walk-about around the world. Well, as long as they weren't in trouble and they paid, Dillon had no problem with that. The second printout was about the cargo the boss wanted moved to Baskin. That was a little concerning. News said there was a big protest there about the overuse of magic in the area by shipping and the factories there. The Dauntilus might not be that big compared to the tankers or warships some of the commonwealths put out there, but she was still a magically fueled vessel, which seemed to be enough for some of the protesters.
The third printout was the newest and Dillon had only scanned it before heading for the bridge. It was a more personal message from the boss. Pavrum tended to use longer words than who ever sent out his usual instructions. It started with his condolences about the loss of a crew member. About a week ago, Balth McGal had gone overboard. He had been one of the mechanics for the ship, and Dillon's official report said he was working on a an upper engine when his safety harness failed and he fell. What the report didn't say was that the failure had been on his part for not putting it on properly because he was drunk. Dillon along with Wei Xiang were trying to get him back on deck when he took his final dive to the core. The idiot had been a problem ever since he came on board. Not sure what the boss saw in Balth, cause Dillon hadn't seen anything. Because of his drinking, Wei and Daniel Lancaster had to double check everything Balth did to make sure he hadn't screwed it up. So, the crew weren't necessarily sad that Balth was gone, just the way he did was upsetting.
"Let's hope you picked better this time." Dillon muttered as he scanned the printout again.
So, they were suppose to pick up a new mechanic named Aurora, no last name given. No further details, which was unhelpful, but somewhat typical of Pavrum. He liked his mysteries and reveals. Not ideal in an employer, but he made sure he had loyalty through other means. After a few moments of stroking his beard, the Captain of the Dauntilus keyed on the intercom again.
"Xiaolian, prepare to greet a new passenger. Get them situated. Marcel, you've got the helm when we leave, so make what preparations you need. Wei, report to the bridge."
Turning the comm back off, Dillon took in a deep breath. He walked over to a small table that he had placed the report of Balth's death and the man's personal affects in a box. He would need to hand them over to the authorities shortly. It was a duty he disliked, but time in the service had taught him not to push off things you disliked on people under you. Somethings needed to be done by the captain. Hopefully, once that was done, the Dauntilus could go back to what passed for normal for her.

Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Elrandir Elrandir Thanny Thanny Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza

Dear diary, Balth screwed up another replace. Had it not been for Dillon having taken a double glance at the nozzle we would have had to evacuate the entire ship to keep anyone from getting exhaust poisoning. It is getting ridiculous. I know that I am under contract, and I do not mind the job, as it is what I am good at, but this man is going to make an error and get me killed a second time.

Dear diary, Balth is dead. We told him to get his ass back down, that he was in no fitting situation to deal with this bullshit. But did he listen? No. He did not, and now he is dead. The core made quick work of him. There was nothing left. I am not meant to be happy. Such a loss of life is terrible. But I have never felt more relaxed in the past few months. Rest in peace, you bastard.

Metal claws clicked against the floor as Wei walked back down the catwalk. The engine area was huge. The engine itself was enormous just to make sure that it could carry the ship and everything inside of it. Needing to use harnesses to reach top parts of it, Wei found himself capable of reaching such high leveled places without one due to his...,ah, enhancements. He just climbed like cat up the engine, found a place to perch himself and worked. Even then he was beginning to feel sore from having to do that double the times with Balth. But...he had died. It was both a relief, and a pity. He was brilliant...when he wasn't plastered drunk. His tail would wag from side to side as he walked past the core itself. It was heavily guarded and protected on all sides, the top of the encasement open, holding the crystal in a large cup that absorbed its energy and distributed it across the engine with numerous cables, nozzles, and all of those little details that Wei had to mark down to check up once every 24 hours or so along with Dillon. He took his job seriously, after all. He perked his head up, tilting it as he heard that he was called upon the bridge by Dillon himself. What time was it? He picked up his pocketwatch, gently tapping the glass with his claw before getting it back away. He gave the core one last glance and made his way out of the engine room and to the deck.

Lenny had no trouble carrying the cargo. It was his huge stature and strength capabilities that made him the perfect candidate to pick up the heaviest of cargo. He picked up the two large boxes, one stacked ontop of the other as people quickly stepped away from his way. "Careful, Lenny!" One would chime in. The last thing that they wanted was for Lenny to step on them. Had it happened before? Yes. Had it killed someone? Not yet. Almost. But not yet. But that leg was not going to be working as good as it once was, and Lenny felt terribly guilty afterwards. Lenny carried the boxes back into the cargo bay, following the directions of another person who was taking count in what was being brought in. "With that pile, Lenny. You can bring in the next batch afterwards." And Lenny would chipper. he would happily bring the next box in. He walked back out and picked up another of the large boxes, only to find himself distracted by a bird landing ontop of the box. His eyes fixed on it...and he just stood and watched. Easily distracted, as usual.

Marcel stops in his tracks near the medical center when he heard his name being announced on the intercom. As soon as they were ready to depart, he was to report to the helm of the airship. Marcel was on his way to his cabin, with luggage in tow. As soon as the announcement ended, he sighs. “Why do I have a feelin’ I’m goin’ t’ hate everyone onboard?”

He wasn’t one to enjoy company while he was on duty. He’s had a history of destroying ship phones to keep people from irritating him on the wheel.

HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

- Faloan Apateon - Aboard the Dauntilus -

Information, designs, specifications, schematics, charts and graphics, reading it all was the key to understand and create one of the newly golem prototypes. Golems, such interesting creatures. Beings who gained the sudden gift of life through the spark of magic. It had been quite a few years after the first one was born, and to study their developments was the way to give them better upgrades. Evolution, if you will. It had been a little while after the ship arrived at Shady Harbor. Why was she aboard the Dauntilus? Well, there was a debt to be payed, one that involved her obtaining rare research materials. The price? A favor in return at some point in time. The time? Well, that time had come. What was her purpose for being on the ship? She couldn't wait to find out.

"The design is flawless. The nano-enhanced visor is ready to be created and the field test is to be scheduled at some point in the next two months," the woman said as she stared at the holographic display in front of her, "Prototype GE1 is ready."

"Are you sure, Professor? Last prototype was not as safe as you thought. Need I remind you about Professor Dascus? She is still in a bad mood after-" A male voice said.

"Worry not, Professor Luminus, this time I made the tests myself. I remind you that it was the board that wanted to make sure that one of their experts made the tests themselves instead of going with my specifications? Professor Dascus made it quite clear that her nephew was to be the one who performed the test." she said flatly.

"Of course not, Professor Apateon. In insight, i think the board realized that they made a huge mistake with that request and, for that reason, asked me to make sure everything was right this time." Professor Luminous said.

"In any case. I hope my assistant, Miss Nilide, informed you that I will be taking time off before the test. An urgent matter has arise and I need to take care of it personally. Any questions you or the board could have, I ask that you send them to my assistant, and I will reply when possible. Have a good day, Professor Luminous."

And with that the holoscreen faded into nothingness. The scientist stared at the sky as she rested on the main deck, feeling somewhat nostalgic for some reason. She missed the feeling of the wind, the freedom of flying, the endless sky. Being constricted inside a laboratory for hours without end was not something she enjoyed, but gathering knowledge and discovering new things was something she loved. It was told that the dragons from ancient times loved to have hoards of gold, gems and other riches, but to her? knowledge was more important that gold and gems.

Maybe it was time to go back to the kitchen and start preparations. And so the green haired woman went back to the kitchen. Perhaps some shark could make its way into the menu.

Last edited:
Maria was stepping out of her office for a moment when the announcements sounded off. She was wearing a black turtleneck and a lab coat with a pair of nice black dress pants. She appeared bored as she held a clipboard in one hand but seemed to lighten up upon seeing Marcel. She listened to the announcements before overhearing Marcel. With a smirk she spoke up. "Zat does not include me does it?" she asks as she places a hand on her hip. A thing of note was that there was the faint outline of her medipistol at her waist. "Zat would make me sad if it does and you wouldn't want zat now would you."

Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza

Xiaolian sighs and gets ready for the day. she was hoping to laze around but meow that would be difficult. She sleepily got dressed and moved to the entrance of the ship. several rope darts were in her sleeves. martially hidden by many years of practice. "Have Meowrcy captain. your gonna overwork me at this rate." she mutters to herself as she mentally prepares for the new passenger.

(Yea. I hate me too)

- Gaius, Chief of Security - The Dauntilus, Cargo Hold -

"Hey, Lenny? It's a pretty bird, I know, but you've gotta get that box in!" The distinct reverb of a vocal modulator ringed out across the Cargo Hold, its point of origin in particular was floating off the ground, jets firing at half boost, easily keeping the eight foot tall mass of steel in the air, some distance from Lenny with his arms folded. Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

"Come on, friend, set to it." In a more friendly tone, the Chief of Security of the Dauntilus, known as Gaius, ushered the gentle giant, before resuming his duties, slowly floating around, checking for anything out of the ordinary, be it a missing bit of cargo or stowaways, his Praetorian Vision scanning intermittently. Suddenly, he paused and tapped the side of his head, activating his communicator after hearing the intercom.

"Wakey-wakey, sleepyhead! Get yourself in gear, Xiaolian. And please, tidy yourself up if you haven't already. Don't want bed hair while greeting a new arrival, do ya? Stay safe." Gaius communicated promptly, but not aggressively, rather trying to help Xi get motivated. He then switched the channel to Zix Drask. HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

"Zix? Come in, Zix, give me a status report, how we doing?" While he let Zix reply, Gaius thoughts turned to the next member of security, but before he could call him, he was receiving an inbound comm from the First Officer. Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

"This is Gaius...I was about to contact him, Commander, you know where he is? ...of course he is, well that's good. Thanks, Commander. Tell him to report back as soon as he can. And see if you can't keep him out of trouble? Thanks." Gaius then resumed his patrol, rolling his eyes after hearing Amelia tell him what's what with Lich, the Dauntilus's unlikely Shrink, who had ventured to the usual kind of place whenever they made port.

- Silas Grayson aka Lich, Security/Councilor/Assassin - Shady Harbour, Local Bar -

While most of the crew were still on the Dauntilus, doing errands, performing tasks, sleeping and whatever else the primarily skinbag crew was getting up to, the Dark Golem; Lich, was seated inside the local bar. It was a dingy little place, yet it was clearly frequented by many people judging by the Tip Jar, many full seats, ambient chatter and the demeanor of the Bartender, being a generally positive sort. At the front of the bar Lich sat, gently stirring a small glass in his hand. It contained a dark brown drink of some kind and had clearly been poured sometime ago, yet there it was, slowly swirling in the hand of a mulling Lich.

"Your drink's gonna be flat by now, friend." The bartender chimed with a dry chuckle, but failed to rouse Lich's attention. This concerned the grizzled man, who leaned forward and spoke up again: "Hey pal? You all right there?" Lich only looked at him with his eyes for a second before looking back at his drink, then muttering: "Yeah." "You sure? I've not seen someone contemplate their drink like that in a fair while." "I'm just thinking..." "About what? If, you don't mind me asking that is."

Before Lich could utter a reply, the Bar doors opened to the sound of rambunctious jeering and thudding footsteps as a large group of at least 6 people in studded leather jackets made their way inside. A Biker Gang, by the looks of things. Thinly disguised thugs who terrorize anyone they can, be it through the solar winds or on solid ground. The Bartender had clearly met them before, as his face curled and he let out an exhausted groan. "Not them again...!" He exclaimed, perking Lich's proverbial ears. "You know those punks?" "I wish I didn't. They call themselves the "Daemons of Nairys", Daemon spelled with an "A". They fancy themselves to be the polar opposites of those angels that saved us, ruddy bastards..."

"Hmm, they sound like a nice bunch." Lich snarked and was met with an equal amount of it back: "Oh yeah, nicest fellows for miles, pfft...oh, I should tell you; they don't like your kind. Golems, I mean." "So you've a racist Biker Gang calling themselves Daemons and you still get those kinds of tips?" Lich quizzed and rightly so, leading to the Bartender becoming rather sullen. "I've already tried to bar them several times. Last time, I told them in no uncertain terms that if they showed their faces here again, I'd put a hit on them. For a while, it seemed like they took the hint, business was booming! But now it seems they've called my bluff..."

"Oh it's no bluff." Lich would quickly add before leaning a little closer, lowering his voice. "You want me to take care of them for you?" The Bartender was shocked, his eyes darting around for a moment before tilting his head at Lich. "You a Hitman?" "Mmm-hmm. Ever heard of Lich?" It was clear the Bartender knew that name and knew it well, because he was now quite worried. "I-I can't afford you!"

"Don't worry..." The Golem then gulped down his drink, set the glass down with a thud and prepared to get up. "I'll kill the scum for free, but only this once." He then made his way to the gang, the Bartender letting him go with a "Good luck!", eliciting a single "Ha!" from Lich as he slowly approached the Daemons, who were harassing a lone patron at his table. One of them, a particularly burly and bearded man caught sight of Lich, his face scrunching up in anger. "'ey! This ain't got nothin' to do with yuh, Tin Can, get lost!" He bellowed yet still, Lich continued his approach without a word.

"What, your maker didn't give ya ears?! I said get lost!" Lich was now in close proximity to the gang, who all began to turn around and face him. The burly man, clearly the man in charge, turned fully to face Lich now. "All right, ya asked for it, ya hunk o' junk!" The man turned his fist to stone and threw a punch, but was aghast when Lich caught his fast in hand.

"That's real cute." With this utterance, Lich crushed the thug's rocky hand, causing the latter to let out an agonized scream, that was swiftly cut off by a clawed hand scratching at his throat, severing his vein and artery. The others were not deterred, as a lanky thug threw his own punch, resulting in Lich ducking under and giving a kidney punch in return, rising up and palming him hard in the ribs, throwing the little shit into his buddy behind him.

One of them who had a terrible comb over made his move, but his limp-wristed attack was caught in one hand, while Lich's free hand tensed up into a Hand of Death and was subsequently thrust into the man's chest, killing him instantly, the hand being torn out and returning to normal as his victim crumpled to the ground. A fourth thug grabbed a chair and threw it at Lich while the fifth drew his sidearm. Lich caught the chair and used it as a shield as he charged their position. The fourth braced himself, but was knocked back by the chair charge and suddenly, Lich let go and backhanded the fifth right in the face, getting right in his face as he seemed to move like water to the man's back, grabbed his gun arm, aimed it at the still winded second thug and forced him to fire, then nearly broke his shoulder forcing him to aim at the fourth and made him fire at that idiot too.

When all was said and done, Lich snapped the fifth's neck and took his gun in hand as he fell. The sixth whistled and two more thugs burst in, both with guns and they began firing. Lich ducked low under a table, then tossed it with his rising motion towards the thugs. The sixth avoided the table and charged Lich, successfully knocked the gun from his hand, but then punched him in the face. This hurt the sixth more than it hurt Lich, who backhanded and kicked him in the diaphragm, sending him flying. With a loud roar, Lich ran at the seventh and eighth thugs, slashing at the bewildered eighth's face, blocked a blow from the seventh, twisted his arm then grabbed his head and smashed it into the neon lighting adorning the wall next to the entrance.

A few more had entered, seemingly the entire gang was in this area, as one more had grabbed a chair and smashed Lich with it, who hunched over for a few seconds, as darkness coalesced along his back, before fully enveloping his body as with a supernatural roar and an unnatural flex of his body, Lich entered Penumbral Rage. The man with the chair, clearly terrified, was swiftly grabbed and his head smacked hard into a nearby table. One rushed Lich with a gun in hand, but was grabbed, his wrist broken while another tried to stop Lich with a couple of punches, both of them just hurt the thug in question as his next blow was countered by Lich, a Hand of Death was used to kill the man with the gun and while he made his way to next incoming thug, a swift backhand to the skull killed the previous aggressor.

This thug tried to attack Lich with a Heated Knife, clearly done so by the man himself as his eyes were glowing with fire. The knife stab was caught in hand, a follow-up punch just ended up with an ensnared wrist and while one of the last thugs tried to help his friend, Lich just switched places with the thug with a twirl, causing the aiding Gang Member to punch his own friend in the face, leading to Lich letting go of him, then giving the idiot a backhand and swift high kick to the head, crushing his skull and throwing him into an adjacent table.

All that was left was the thug with the knife and a concussion and the Sixth Thug from before, preparing a powerful Arcane spell to try and kill Lich off. This wouldn't work, as Lich quickly threw a Silence his way and even with a concussion, the Knife Thug tried to stab Lich again. Lich turned his way, caught the knife hand, broke his wrist in both hands, turned his right hand into a Hand of Death and beheaded the poor sod. The Arcane Thug would make a desperate charge at Lich, simply ending with him being caught, twirled around Lich, forced to the ground and in a stranglehold. Choking and terrified, the thug asked: "Wh-What the hell ARE you!?"

"Death." Lich uttered before crushing his neck and letting him drop. The Daemons of Nairys had been decimated. Lich relaxed, letting his Penumbral Rage end and tossing a few gold coins into the open Tip Jar. "That's for the damages. See you later." With this, Lich left the Bar and headed to the Dauntilus.

- Amelia Ida Hoffman, First Officer -

"So that's how you spend your free time? Do you always kill feared Biker Gangs during your bar trips?" Lich would hear a familiar voice right next to him as seemingly, Commander Amelia Hoffman had arrived and was walking with him. Surprisingly, her tone was casual.

"Ahh, they were an uncoordinated bunch of idiots. Had they formed a plan of attack, they might've scratched me. I've had harder marks before, don't sweat it." Lich brushed off Amelia's assessment of the Gang as "Feared" with his remarks, who just shook her head with a chuckle. "Well the people of Shady Harbour will thank you, I'm sure. Chief Gaius told me to tell you to report back ASAP. Unless you've got more gangs to slaughter?"

"Not on my timetable, no. I'll be there."

"Excellent! See you on board." With that, Amelia simply vanished in a green flash. Lich just rolled his eyes. "Can't even talk to me in person. Pfft."

- Milay-Yaloo, at the docks in front of the Dauntilus -

When casually looking over his shoulder, nobody was noticably following him. That was good. Yaloo breathed out a sigh of relief as he brought his luggage with him, just a small collection of keepsakes and his most promising alternate wardrobe, things that he had saved for a rainy day, preserved from moths and all pressed crisply as if vacuum-sealed. If judging from the weight of the luggage, maybe it was vacuum sealed and packed till stuffed. The rolling suitcase must have weighed around fifty kilograms, which, after a fine amount of walking, would have put Yaloo normally into a sweat despite the shade of buildings. However, Yaloo was as cool-skinned as ever, and if one looked closely through his glasses they could see the slitted figures of snake eyes, and if looking at his skin would detect the shimmer of scales. A tongue shot out every now and again as well.

This, however, was not his usual appearance. Yaloo was a skin-walker, what most people would normally call a shapeshifter, but the power of which was very differently sourced. When he stepped into the dock district, his scales fell off his body in paper flakes, rapidly dematerialising as he grew new skin in the blink of an eye. The skin-walker air shudder -- the quiet SSSSHHHH that could be heard after a metamorphosis -- was almost silent, and his whole appearance changed for it as well. Brown hair shifted into white, and the yellow slitted eyes changed back into his original green and normal appearance. Only his smile remained the same, a serpentine grin on his face. Operation Get Here Safely complete.

Now to begin Operation Fly Around Safely. It did not take long to observe his objective, the ship diving in moments after he entered the dockyard. This was excellent timing. It could not be better. No sneaks could have gotten onto a moving ship, not in such short notice anyways. He made quick headway there, slowly warming up but with gooseflesh prickling his chilled skin. Earlier he matched his body to a reptilian body temperature, and he was still inhumanly cold as a result, skin a pasty grey. He needed to find a blanket or a heat lamp, stay in the sun, anything to keep warm. Breath was difficult to catch and ragged, but he fought to maintain composure.

When the gangplank or similar device was dropped at the terminus of a long stretch, he sighed and shifted again, internally this time so that his white muscle turned to red muscle. He will need all the strength he can spare to pull his luggage up to the top of the ship in one draw.

HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria RikuXIII RikuXIII

Wei Xiang walked to the bridge, the sound of movement echoing across the metal walls as everyone got working on loading and departure. When around the machines he usually kept his air tied up in a bun as to not have it get in the way of the machines. However, when out and about, he let it drape down his frame. The white coat was there mostly for himself. He had pockets in there and kept his stuff there, anyways. It did not take long to find Dillon at the bridge, stepping inside. The bridge was huge, glass windows allowing a 180 degree view around. Maps, controls, and a microphone where they could speak over the intercom. Another that was specifically to communicate with those at the engine room. If there was something wrong, the captain could just complain via there and the mechanics were in charge of fixing it...whatever it was. "I am here." He spoke, approaching him as he glanced out the windows. "They should be finishing up boarding soon. We gathered some cooling agent for the engines should we expect any unexpected temperature shifts." He spoke. Other than that, there was not much that came to mind. He halted, eyes landing down on the box...by the gods, that was his box, wasn't it? "Are those Balth's belongings?" Why hadn't they just...handed it away with the corpse? "Has no one claimed them yet?" Wei was justifiably startled. He wanted to forget the man already.

Lenny would have his attention taken back by the voice, the bird taking off. People quickly got out of the way as Lenny resumed his movement, people watching. "I'm working on it!" Lenny mused, approaching the cargo hold once again. He stepped into the cargo hold and stacked the boxes. He proceeded to pick up the restraints, strapping the boxes on as to not have them move around in departure, and he pulled tightly, the straps shaking slightly before he let go. "They are strapped in!" Lenny chimed, walking off to find more cargo to drag in. But was distracted again. For a moment...he decided to enjoy the day. He did not know what their next destination would be, and the weather was very pleasant. He wanted to enjoy it.

Marcel takes notice of Maria’s concerns, to which he replies. “Well, that all depends, don’ it? Though, since ya appear t’ be a medical professional, I don’ believe you’d be one t’ rot my brain when I’m behind the wheel. I despise lads who interrupt me when I’m workin’.” He offers a courteous bow. “The name’s Marcel, and as you probably already know, I’ll be the helmsman of this vessel. And who do I have the pleasure of meetin’?”

HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

- Zix Drask - Dauntilus - Lookout -

"We're looking good, Gaius, nothing out of the ordinary, at least not from outside. Keeping watch to see if I catch sight of our new passenger" Zix reported back to Gaius, as a transparent silhouette sat upon the top of the dauntilus, the highest spot possible for a good lookout of the whole ship's exterior and to see the harbor as well.
"How's things on your end Gaius? surely you're doing something and not sitting on your metal arse?" Zix jokingly spoke to Gaius with their communication devices, he didn't mean anything bad by his statement, he never does.

Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

- Daniel Lancaster - Dauntilus - Interior -

Daniel has a rough time waking up, as usual his psychic energy went off the charts again, as is commonplace waking up in the morning, at least nothing broke this time, only the lights flickering on or off and the whole room shaking, half of his face turning into pure, formless energy, common, nothing his medicine didn't fix, damn...he needed to get another batch from Maria...and he had to fix the guns...and do engine checkups with Wei after Balth's latest fuck up. "Oh yeah...Balth's dead...well...can't say I'l miss him" Daniel muttered to himself as he slowly walked around the halls of the dauntilus, mostly headed...to get a cup of coffee. Passing by the entrance as he did so, he saw Xiao readying herself to greet a new passenger, he figured he'd leave her to it.

He also passed by Maria's office, the good doctor herself was conversing with someone else he didn't really recognize. "Maria, Stranger" Daniel greeted them both with a hand wave as he continued on his way to the cafeteria...or the nearest coffee machine.

He figured he'd get coffee and do his business in his office, he had some weapons to repair...and some stuff to put together.

HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza

{Captain Dillon Grant: Aboard the Dauntilus; Bridge}
With announcements made, Dillon took a moment to use the ship’s wireless connection to look up local restaurant menus. He had no problem with Faloan’s cooking as time in the navy had taught him to scarf down anything put in front of him. However, he had also learned when you put into port, you took advantage of the expanded options for food and entertainment while you could. The Dauntilus wasn’t set to remain in port long, but he should be able to get something delivered before they were due to shove off. But, there was business to do before that.
“Ah, Wei.” The Captain greeted, shutting off the display showing the culinary delights Shady Harbor had in store.
He nodded as the mechanic give him a report, then followed the gaze to Balth’s box.
“Couldn’t recover the body.” Dillon grunted. “We tried, but the bastard neglected to hit anything that we could reach. He might even be at the core by now, burnt to a crisp or turned to a pile of goo with the rad levels down there.”
He thumped the box with two knuckles.
“So, we give just his stuff to the port authorities. They ain’t gonna like it, but they’ll have to accept it.”
Picking up the box and his report on the accidental death of a rather unpopular crew member, Dillon stuck them under and arm. He headed out of the bridge, waving a hand for Wei to follow him.
“The boss worked fast and has a replacement mechanic coming in, named Aurora. Not sure how long the port authorities are gonna be with their questions and paper work, so you’re gonna have to give this newbie a tour. If they’re on schedule, I should at least be able to greet them with you.”
Dillon paused a moment, then looked back to give Wei a brief apologetic look before continuing on to the top deck.
“You’ve been taking the brunt of the work of keeping the Dauntilus airborne, what with Balth being himself and all. You’ve done good, and I’m grateful. Grateful enough that if this new mechanic isn’t competent enough to take their assigned work load, I will make sure they’re replaced by next port, Pavrum’s hiring be damned.”

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

{Jakoby: Aboard the Dauntilus; Cargo Bay}
The Dauntilus’s grumpy custodian hobbled out into the cargo bay, then stopped short when his beady eyes fell, or rose in this case, on Lenny. Whenever Jakoby came into contact with the huge golem, he always had a moment when it looked like he was locked in a struggle to decide whether to ignore Lenny, run away from Lenny, or attack Lenny. He had yet to actually use violence on the golem, but from the look on his screwed up green face, Jakoby never put that option away. In fact, it was a modified version of the third option that he employed, attack Lenny with paper work. The janitor thrust out a wrinkled paper for the golem to inspect.
“Cap’n sent me.” Jakoby said in a voice that still seemed like a mutter even though it was as load as Lenny’s conversation with Gaius. “Som’ special orders comin’. I’z suppose ta help.”
Almost on que, a forklift came around with a fresh pallet of boxes. These were sturdy, metal containers with a dark green label. These were special cargo that Pavrum sometimes had the Dauntilus transport. They were to be carefully secured and then stayed the hell away from until they were off loaded. The dock worker eyed the threesome working from the Dauntilus’s cargo bay, and ended up choosing to speak to who looked the most reasonable.
“Hey, can you sign for these?” He called out to Gaius.

Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

{Shady Harbor docks; boarding area for the Dauntilus}
Yaloo found himself followed by a young woman with only a couple of bags. She had red hair and the tips of her ears sticking out suggested one of the more common variants of Fae. As she waited with him, the skinwalker could see the woman fidget and glance over her shoulder a couple of times. After a few moments, she cleared her throat and attempted a smile at him.
“Hi, are you booked on this ship too?” She asked, her voice giving off a nervous energy she was trying to make sound cheerful and carefree. “Got a destination in mind?”

Thanny Thanny HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

- Milay-Yaloo, at the Shady Harbour docks in front of the Dauntilus with a red-haired fellow passenger -
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria RikuXIII RikuXIII

Yaloo was taken aback by a fellow passenger speaking with him, a comely lass that seemed -- at least at first glance -- a little shaky and nervous, but genteel and cute. He found himself smiling back before he was even conscientious of it. Perhaps this airship ride will be better for him than he thought thanks to the presence of a lovely lady.

"Currently?" he replied, tenor voice and green eyes sparking to life as he gave her a sly look. "Currently I'm drifting with the wind to see where it takes me, but I am booked on this vessel, yes. This your first time on an airship, Miss . . . ?" he trailed off.

He hoped to learn her name, if not to learn why she was as nervous as she was. Those glances over her shoulder -- was she also a refugee seeking asylum on this airship? Great, another likeness shared between him and her besides good looks and passage.

- Wei Xiang - /w Captain Dillon -
Wei would merely purse his lips. The fact that his body still remained...or at least, whatever was left of him, was understandingly disturbing. He could still remember the resounding THUD of his body against metal as he fell, but they could only go so far before they were in danger themselves due to the core. It was a recovery mission, and recovery missions were not priority. Now he had to keep working on the machine and pretend that the remnants of his body were not just a stone throw away around the sensitive, radioactive core. His body had been there for days, damn it. Maybe the body would be absorbed by the core and there won't be a smell. That was the best case scenario, cause he would be damned if he worked on a machine where the scent of decay was only overpowered by the smell of oil and metal. He followed after the captain, listening as he was told that a replacement would be showing up in order to aid him take care of the engine. You know. The giant thing that took almost an entire floor to keep this ship afloat. "I hope that his family finds comfort with the items." And that they did not end up try to sue the ship and crew over his death, because having to tell the family that their beloved has died due to their alcoholism mixed with lack of following protocol would not paint well. "I will make sure to note the consequences should they not follow proper safety protocol." He mused, offering a slight smile before the neutral expression returned to his features. He was surprised when he was given the look and apology, Wei pausing where he sat before quickly following along. "I...thank you." He shook his head. "I am sure that the replacement will be fine. Even if his previous hire was...questionable." Rest in peace, Balth, but you were tough to get along with even when sober. "They will have plenty of time to get used to the pace. By the time we reach the following port they will have a clear idea whether they can keep up with the job or not." Wei glanced out one of the windows as they walked by. It would be another busy day. The departures were always the harshest.

- Lenny - Cargo Bay -
Lenny would turn, hearing Jakoby before waving at him. He heard him. Special order? Usually everything that this ship carried was considered a special order. He picked up the paper, reading it over as it looked ever so tiny compared to his large hands. It was very adorable to look at. He watched as the green colored containers were brought in, the workers pushing them. He waited until the crates were placed inside, and Lenny approached. "I will help." Was all he said. These were not the first, and he doubted they would be the last green boxes that they would be delivering. He knew that he had to be extra delicate with them. He picked them up, one by one, and set them in the specialized area. He stacked them, and afterwards he pulled on the straps, clicking them on and pulling until they were as tight as a glove and then some. They could not move, at all. Not even an inch. For whatever reason. He did not know what was inside, but he did not mind. Work was work, and sometime it was just better to not know. Once he was done he would look down at the paper, and if no one stopped him, he would begin to eat it.

- Gaius, Chief of Security - Dauntilus, Cargo Hold -

Gaius would let out a hearty chuckle upon his reply from Zix, shaking his head. "No no, I'm ensuring cargo drop-offs and arrivals go smoothly and making sure no one sneaks on board. The last thing we need are stowaways after all. The last one was our Medical Officer...I think, or maybe she came with the ship? Agh, well, if you see our new passenger, you give me a call, all right? Dominic's packages are here, gotta run." Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

The appearance of the ship's custodian, Jakoby, came as little surprise, nor did the arrival of Pavrum's special cargo. Gaius was tempted to use his Praetorian Vision on the boxes, but then he figured it made more sense to chance inquiring with the Dock Worker, so he descended from on high, landing near Jakoby, disengaging his jets and walking over to the Dock Worker in quick fashion.

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 RikuXIII RikuXIII

"I certainly can! Oh, keep an eye on Lenny. He'll eat those papers if you let him." Gaius warned, before performing all the necessary steps needed to sign for the mystery crates. Looming near the significantly shorter Dock Worker, Gaius would inquire. "I don't suppose you can tell me what's in those? I know Dominic likes his secrets, but I've never been comfortable with cargo I can't vet." He would say with a concerned overtone to his voice. He'd dealt with mystery cargo before in his travels before serving on the Dauntilus and it was always bad news bears, every time.

- Silas Grayson, aka Lich, Security/Councilor/Assassin - Approaching the Dauntilus -

Satisfied with his act of decimation against the Daemons of Nairys, Lich was on a fast track toward the Dauntilus after the Commander relayed Gaius's message to him. As going through the Cargo Hold seemed like a boring way to get inside, Lich instead would climb the Dauntilus itself. He thought he might as well, he had the endurance and he had a hunch about the ship's top deck. His centuries as a hired assassin taught him that much...and it wasn't the first time Lich had scaled something large to reach his target...in fact, it was his last target before the illusion was dispelled and his nature as a Dark Golem was revealed to him, along with the crushing pain of every death he's ever endured.

This flash of memory was shaken off by Lich who mounted over the railing and took a few steps along the Top Deck, slowly looking around for vantage points, looking for the unseen. In his fingers he twiddled a Silence in its inert state, looking rather like a 20-sided Dice as compared to it's active state's orb of orange energy and darkness, his eyes scanning the three highest points of the Dauntilus. It occurred to him in this moment that, for a transport ship, the Dauntilus was quite...fancy. The towers, with two rings spinning around them, were quite indicative of that. Who else would have the money for anti-gravity displays like that than Dominic? Lich, probably, but he'd likely spend that money on extra guns and maybe a darker aesthetic? Truth be told, he had no idea what purpose those rings served--

Suddenly Lich's eyes widened as he split the Silence projectile into three and fired them off onto all three of the highest points of the Dauntilus with a fan of his arm.

Quietly, from the door that leads to the open top deck, Amelia observed Liches mannerisms and in particular, his sudden move to uncover the hidden observer, which unknown to either of them, was likely Zix. Even from here, Amelia could tell Lich was taking a wild guess based on a hunch.

XIAOLIAN
The cat eyed woman watched the man and woman approach the ship. Her tail slowly swaying behind her. Their chatter was starting to bore her. She placed her hands behind her back as she approached the two. “Greetings. My nyame is Xiaolian. I’ll be taking you to your rooms. Can I carry any of your bags for mew?” She asks. Three rope darts snaked out of the sleeves behind her back and hovered overtop her. Their spiked tips having been swapped out for heavy iron ball bearings.

Thanny Thanny RikuXIII RikuXIII

MARIA
“I am ze doctor. My name is Maria. It iz a pleasure to meet you monsieur Marcel. I hope not to see you often in my office and only for your weekly checkups. If weekly is of course difficult zen I can always make cabin calls.” She lowers her eyes and a slight grin crawled across her face. “Doz zat sound easier for you?” It was somehow clear that she wasn’t thinking of medicine. At the same time her very presence seemed to be growing by the second. It was subtle yet not. Her eyes slowly watched him. The way he moved, identifying the exact color of his hair. The placement of every eyelash and even how many he had. She was profiling Marcel. Up until Daniel walked by her and her focus was lost. She did a very small bow towards Marcel. “My apologies but I have some business to take care of. I do hope to receive zat answer someday soon.”

Maria then took up a brisk pace and caught up to Daniel. “Ze Medicine is coming along nicely. Would you like todays batch now or later?” She asks as she holds up a fine looking syringe. It’s needle definitely meant for a swift neck implantation and its trigger mechanism built to be easily held and loosed on the fly. In all honesty it appeared to be a large glue gun with a retractable needle on its tip. The deep purple liquid visible through a small glass window provided by its clearly reloadable cartridges.

Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza

Last edited:
Marcel-On his way to the bridge

Maria introduces herself, and reveals that she is the doctor. She seemed to be examining Marcel, perhaps performing a visual examination, before a man walked past the two, disarming her focus. Before she chases after him, she asks Marcel to make a decision about how he would like his visits to the clinic to be played out by an unspecified time. She then trails behind the stranger, prompting Marcel to carry on.

Marcel quickly stores his luggage in his cabin before making his way to the bridge to rendezvous with the captain. The ship was large, but not as large as some of the vessels Marcel piloted. Hopefully this thing controls well.

After a few minutes of walking, he finally reaches the bridge, where Captain Dillon and Wei were conversing. Marcel salutes. “Gree‘ings Cap’n Dillon. I am Marcel, your helmsman.“

RikuXIII RikuXIII HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

Last edited:
- Zix Drask - Top Deck - Lookout -

"Didn't she come with the ship? I don't think stowaway counts if the ship ain't owned first...ah well, the less we speak of her the better, she tends to spawn from the ether when people speak of her" Zix nervously commented on Gaius comment, Maria had a tendency to show up everywhere, especially in his hideout deep in the Dauntilus ventilation system. "I'l keep you posted" Zix spoke before shutting off the com as he kept watch, using his sniper to zoom in on things of interest.

"Huh, that bar certainly has commotion" Zix commented as he saw the bar that Lich previously went into. He didn't know that the murderous bot, who also doubled as a shrink for some reason, had went into it.

"Hm?" Zix spotted Lich as he walked into the top deck, he would just ignore him and keep doing what he's doing, had the murderous bot not thrown a silence spell his way.
Zix quickly launched himself off the top tower with a jump to avoid the silence blasts, and he used his teleportation spell to teleport a few meters beside Lich, teleporting nullified a lot of the momentum of the fall, but it was a short range teleport so he still had to tumble and roll as he landed. All the while still cloaked, the sound of him landing and rolling could be very well heard, however.

He De-cloaked himself, standing up and stretching an arm. He then turned to Lich. "Need something?" Zix questioned Lich, in a full deadpan tone.

Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

- Daniel Lancaster - Kitchen/Cafeteria -

Daniel was on his way to the cafeteria, quietly, but he was quickly approached by the resident doctor, Maria. "hm?" Daniel saw her walk up to him and. She spoke of the medicine he used to keep himself at bay. She showed her needle, yep that was the medicine indeed, Daniel shook his head. "Tomorrow's fine, I took one today already, I should have another one in my room." Daniel commented to her, his tone neutral, unaffected by Maria's presence, he had grown mostly accustomed to her anyway, her fear aura had little effect on him other than make the hair on his back stand up...wait that was from the electric shocks she usually did, nevermind.

"Coffee?" Daniel offered Maria as he walked inside the Cafeteria, and immediately going to the coffee machine to prepare himself a cup, the coffee machine was his best friend in the ship at this point seeing how frequently he used it.

He did spy Faloan walking into the kitchen, he shrugged and decided to walk in there as well, to give her good morning. "Hey Faloan, good morning...wait...is it still morning?" He greeted her as he sipped his coffee.

Elrandir Elrandir HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

- Wei Xiang - /w Captain Dillion & Marcel -
Wei walked along, moving some hair behind his ear. Truly Wei would not mind taking care of the engine on his own, but that was just it. It was not a matter of whether he minded or not, it was a matter of the fact that it was not wise to do so. The engine was huge, and even as argumented as he was, the wisest decision was to make sure that he was being backed up by someone else who could provide the assistance. The engine was too big, too delicate to be run purely by one. Should one of them fail, the other had to be there to keep it running. A replacement to the replacement, and so on. Wei still needed to get used to the idea. Soon enough they were encountered by Marcel, who said that he was to be the helmsman. Wei straightened his back, his tail wagging slightly in surprise. "An honor to meet you, Marcel. I do hope you are ready. Captain Dillion is one of the best, but he will not wait for you to catch up should you falter." He teased. Of course it was just that, teasing. Wei leaned against one of his legs, scanning the individual before him. "I am Wei Xiang. The current head mechanic. You wouldn't happened to have met the incoming mechanic on your way here, have you?" He could not lie that he was nervous in regards to that...who wouldn't? Cooperation was vital. If they did not get along...god help them.

Last edited:
- Faloan Apateon - Aboard the Dauntilus - Kitchen -
Scrapmaster Scrapmaster HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

The Scholar had retreated back to the kitchen in order to prepare some food. Mostly for her since they had arrived at Shady Harbor, it was a good chance to eat something local and different than their usual meals. She also had sent one of the crew members to buy a wide range of ingredients, from meats to vegetables. She was also in the middle of a long range conversation with her assistant.

"So, that means that Professor Luminus will be making a visit at some point," she said as she took a bite from her marinated shark steak, "under no circumstances you are to leave him alone with GE1. And, please, make sure to record everything. I need to make sure the board doesn't attempt another "incident" like last time."

"Understood, Professor." said the voice of a young woman, "We will be ready for Professor Luminous's visit. I will report back once everything is done."

"Thank you, Miss Nilide, I will make sure to put in a good word in your next evaluation. May you and the others have a good rest of the day."

And with that the communication ended. Faloan stared at the rest of her food for a moment, wondering what could be the plan behind such sudden test for the new golem model. She could hear footsteps coming from the outside, two sets, along with two familiar voices. Daniel was the one who went inside the kitchen.

"I am afraid it is not, Mister Lancaster. But coffee is good at any point in the day," she said as she finished her marinated shark steak, "was it time for another one of your appointments with Maria, perhaps? I heard the two of you talking in the hallway."

Yaloo felt positively perplexed when he saw a cat lady -- and not the typical one who gathers cats by the dozens and keeps them in her house but a demihuman who was part cat, or at least it seemed like it with those triangular projections covered in cloth -- walk up to him. Apparently she was with the crew, gathering bags to assist the passengers, but she was dressed rather elegantly for such a stewardess. Were those robes? And that hair was so long that it must have taken her whole life to grow it to such length. And magical control too to manipulate objects? Incredible.

Meanwhile he looked quite tuckered, his arms sore, sweat still beading above his brow. He did not want to tarnish her beauty with a sweat-laden luggage handle, and waved his hand in rejecting manner.

"My thanks, milady, but my luggage is hefty, sentimental, and not fit for your dainty hand, so I will take it for you. If the lady near me would like the assistance, however, your offer will be rewarded by me."

He offered a wink that may or may not be seen through his glasses. He left the option open as to what the offer may entail, but he had some lesser change to offer as a monetary tip.

Maria pocketed the syringe and nodded. “Coffee sounds good. I zink I will have it wiz sugar today.” She then looked Faloan. “Non, not today Mz Apateon. However... if you wish to have an appointment today my doors are always open.” She gives the dragon a dreary smile as she flares her fear aura. Just a rush in the area around her. Not enough to terrorize but certainly enough to raise some hair or put people around her into a fight or flight response.

Xiaolian sighs at the mans statement. “Sir I have a control over kinyetics. These darts can lift my own body. They can certainly lift your luggage. However if you still wish to carry your own luggage then so be it.” The darts snake around the floor near Xiaolian.

{Shady Harbor docks; Boarding area for the Dauntilus}
The young lady was nodding along with Yaloo until he prompted for a name. She looked taken a back for a moment. Should she answer? What if-
"Sinead Dimoux." She answered, looking a little bashful.
The answer sounded a little rehearsed, like someone who was trained to repeat the name. For the suspicious mind, that could be a sign of someone wanting to stay hidden. Though it might also be the automatic response drilled into receptionists, and other occupations that revolved around phone communications. She looked like she was floundering for a moment for what to say next when Xiaolin arrived to greet the passengers.
"No, thanks." Sinead answered, gripping her bag a little tighter.
She watched Xiaolin's darts with fascination.

HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Thanny Thanny

{Captain Dillon Grant: Aboard the Dauntilus; Heading for the top deck}
"Hope springs eternal." the Captain replied to Wei, with an encouraging wink. "Heh, at least this Aurora shouldn't be any worse."
As Dillon turned to continue on, he came face to face with Marcel. He gave the new helmsmen an appraising look for a moment before sticking out a hand.
"Welcome aboard!" He said with a friendly smile. "You come highly recommended. I look forward to seeing what you can do out in the lanes. If you have any questions, come along as we go to meet the new mechanic Wei mentioned. If you don't have any questions at present, you can check out the Dauntilus's controls back on the bridge."
Dillon jerked his thumb back the way he had come when referring to the bridge.
"Crew quarters are on deck 2. Claim an empty one."
Checking his chronometer, the captain pressed on, expecting his crew to act as they saw fit.

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza

{Jakoby: Aboard the Dauntilus; Cargo Bay}
The dock worker gave a clip board to Gaius, giving Lenny a weary look.
"Just so long as he doesn't eat my copy, we're square." He said, clearly not that happy.
He gave Gaius a confused/agitated look when the head of security started asking questions.
"Who's Dominic?" he asked, his voice edged with impatience. "Look, i got no idea what's in these, why some chump named Dominic likes secrets, and I really don't care to know. I just get paid to move stuff and get people to sign things."
Jakoby moved to help Lenny, but the massive golem made short work of the special delivery. The green face screwed up in a smug look. Ah, yes. The job of supervisor. He could deal with that.
"Littl' to tha left." He ordered in his mutter-y voice, power clearly going to his head.

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

- Faloan Apateon - Aboard the Dauntilus - Kitchen -
Scrapmaster Scrapmaster HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

"And I am always available, unless I am cooking or researching ancient history," Faloan answered, "so a medical checkup is always welcomed. The crew must be at their best so the ship can function properly. If it does, the captain will be pleased."

Faloan could sense Maria giving a creepy aura around her, she didn't mind. Or maybe she did and didn't said anything. Who could really tell.

"Allow me to make you a cup of coffee." she said.

It took a moment to prepare Maria's cup of coffee, she didn't forgot to put sugar in it as Maria said she wanted some sugar.

"Here you go, Maria. One cup of coffee with sugar."

- Wei Xiang /w Captain Dillon & Marcel -
Wei sighed at the encouragement. That is all they had. Encouragement and hope. Wei smiled at the young man and bowed his head slightly before following after Dillon. "If you have any questions in regards to performance, you can communicate with us directly from the helm. Just use the speaking tube that is connected to the engine room." Or was it engine floor? One could not really grasp the grandness of it until witnessing it oneself. He turned and walked off after Dillon. As they walked past the kitchen area he could smell some tea already being made. Ah he wanted to have a bug sandwich and some tea once they had a break. But they had to be ready for departure first. The click of metal feet against wooden floors echoed slightly before Wei turned to Dillon. "Captain." He began. "You would not happen to know where will this ship be heading next, would you?"

- Lenny /w Gaius & Jakobe -
It was too late. Lenny already ate the paper. It was gone. Bye bye piece of paper, and hello to those extra little vitamins in his system. He would turn back to Jakoby as he as suggested to move it a little to the left. He turned back to the boxes, and did as asked. He slowly placed his hands on the bottom set of the boxes, and pushed them a little to the left. Just a bit. Though he seemed to be having second thoughts on how much to the left because he went back to push it back to the right and then back to the left for a few centimetres until he thought that it was a perfect location. Lenny turned and showed it off to Jakobe, expected him to be proud that he had accomplished such perfect symmetry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back