• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Shapeshifters! Demi-Humans! Fantasy Galore!

Raema

Floof
My fancy-pants and totally original* (read as: completely-cliche-as-usual) RP partner search thread!

Let's get this out of the way: I love settings that incorporate fantasy elements (Magic! Mythical creatures! Yes!) and shapeshifters/monster characters in general. If you come at me with a plot or pair that isn't listed below and it has a monster or my character playing against one? You've got great odds that I'm interested in hearing it out and giving it a try.

But first, I'm going to steal a bit about myself and what I'm looking for from my other threads...

About Me+ I'm very friendly and I love to chat OOC - in fact, I almost want to list OOC chat as a requirement but I won't go that far. I'm just very chatty and personable! If you want to add me on Discord to plot, chat, or whatever I'm happy to do it there or stick to PMs.
+ I find it easiest to RP with other people who are friendly. If you like to stick to 'strictly business', and not chat about things outside the RP, we may not be the best match. (Sorry... just being honest here. I get so much more invested in stories with someone I get along with)
+ I prefer to RP with partners who are 18+, since I am personally
+ My posts are usually from 2-3 paragraphs. The shorter the reply, the more often I can reply back (I also tend to get pretty invested in stories I love... nothing makes me happier than rapid-fire responses back and forth that maintain that quality)
+ I do not like traditional doubling and focus on the two main characters (yours and mine), but I love having a diverse cast. To that...
+ I usually play a cast of characters, both genders, friends, enemies, neutral, one-off and recurring. It all helps to build out the world
+ I prefer MxF stories but can play either role
+ I have no aversion to dark themes, no triggers. As long as you aren't breaking the site's rules, we're good
+ I really, really love plotting and world building
+ I prefer not to RP in threads

What I am Looking for in a Partner/RP+ Write in third person past-tense, and be able to give me at least 1-2 readable paragraphs. Write with some detail. If I can't understand a reply I have a hard time replying, so while I don't care too much about typos or grammar errors, if they get to be too much it makes things difficult
+ Be able to handle occasional darker plots and subject matter. If you have any triggers we can discuss that beforehand and avoid them
+ Actively help with the plot. I love building a collaborative story or I wouldn't be RPing! ^-^
+ Romance should be included, but realistic - this doesn't mean slow-burn and it doesn't mean love at first sight. Both of those happen in real life, y'know? I don't think it's fair to try and shoehorn a relationship into a specific group from the start. I am just asking that you be open to it, and let the characters move at their pace!

On to the plots and pairings! Going to do things a bit different here, and start with some general pairings with a small example of a potential story for each. Feel free to snatch it up and message me. If you want to come up with something different involving one of the pairings? Feel free to reach out about that too. More defined plot ideas at the bottom.

A mercenary, out for revenge for a past wrong, finally kills the man they're after - and discovers something unexpected: a (whatever creature!). Against their better judgement they free the creature from its confinement, not realizing that without anywhere else for the creature to turn they just signed themselves up to take care of it.

This can go so many ways. Maybe the creature has magical properties and it turns into them traveling the world, the creature being naive enough not to realize they're helping the mercenary con people. Maybe the creature needs help returning to some long-lost homeland. Maybe the creature wants its OWN revenge and tries to steer their new traveling partner towards it!
A young dragon, stubbornly leaving its clutch to try and make its own way in the world, finds another creature that can shift that it looks to as its mentor after finding itself caught in a trap so soon after setting out.
A town hires a traveling monster hunter to take down a creature that's been massacreing their livestock. Except, the creature isn't harming the livestock at all and is desperately trying to solve the problem to get them to leave it alone. It sees the hunter as a potential partner in it and wouldn't you know it, they end up working well together even if they happen to butt heads.
Romeo and Juliet, but shifters/creatures/monters!
Romeo and Juliet, but shifters/creatures/monsters!... and also territory dispute and political intrigue.
A novice mage, newly graduated from their magical academy, is ready to set out into the world and start solving people's problems. Only one step remains before they can go on their journey: they need a familiar, and no animal has bonded to them. As a last-ditch effort they go to a shady market in the city and discover a creature that has an unmistakable bond.
Yeah I don't have much to say here. Who doesn't love an isekai? Let's talk about it
A well-meaning resident in the city takes in what they assume is a stray of some kind... the ends up being so much more
"Werewolves" as they are called, their names taken from legend, were always looked down upon. And why not? All of the designer-genetic creatures were - but them in particular, given how closely their mentality, attitudes, and instincts resembled wolves over humans. They were a product, bought and sold, used for their utility more than anything else as hunters and as companions. They are created by a company that refuses to share the secret of their labs - or how the creatures are bred, created, or otherwise manufactured. The only known fact is that they now exist.

Over the years since their initial creation they have been tested upon and improved, costing dozens if not hundreds of their lives, but finally their form and temperment has been deemed acceptable. Mostly. But were they the only creatures that have been produced? Are there other, more sinister ideas at work here (more sinister than breeding a race of half human slave animals, I mean)?

I am looking at two roles here (I am fine playing either! In fact these roles aren't truly set in stone, this was just the dream I had and wanted to build on lol. I'm not trying to build the characters but just provide the kind of dynamic I am looking for, if that makes sense):

Character A: a younger werewolf, and one that has been monitored closely since they were born - for reasons unknown to them. A runt, though, small in stature and in character when compared to their peers.

Character B: a subject of testing, and abuse, who over time has grown into a grizzled and hardened creature unfit for selling. Not much is known by the facility or any of the other wolves about their past. What is known is that they are exceptionally talented. Strong, fast, and one that none of the other werewolves wanted to mess with or associate with. For years loyalty to humans has been attempted to get forced onto the wolf, but they were as stubborn as they were strong.

Character A and B form a bond with each other when it is made clear that they will be terminated. They break out together and from there the adventure begins! Fighting to be free, hiding from those who would hunt them, learning how to trust each other, rely on each other, and survive.
Magic used to be a driving force. The wild and natural power of it made for a dangerous world for humans. Shapeshifters, faeries, dragons, and magical creatures of all kinds maintained their own societies. Magic itself was even occasionally used to lend aid to those humans while they were first starting out. That was a mistake.

Humans started to take root. As they developed, the wilds died around them. They needed to clear forests to make room to build and for materials. They dug mines and pulled material from the earth. They burned and purged the land around them to make it more livable and comfortable. As their society developed, as nature was beaten back and lost its mystery, so too did magic fade from the world. Shapeshifters could no longer shift forms, faeries retreated to lands unknown, dragons became a distant memory. They all became the things of tales that humans told to their children.

And still the humans developed and expanded. Magic was no more.

At least - it was no longer apparent. A few magical creatures still live on, struggling to survive in a world whose technology now rivals what magic could do just as it killed the force of it.
There were two primary races of the world, and history spoke of nothing but constant conflict between them: elves and humans. Elves had used their magical and martial superiority to hold dominion, and humans had been kept to the wilds. For hundreds of years the elves were confident and hid in their massive and architecturally elegant cities, hidden behind stone walls and watching the world from ivory towers, but the struggles of the wilds made the humans strong. And then, suddenly, a massive uprising of humans took the largest elven city by surprise. It was captured and held, a trophy to show that the order of the world had changed. The elves, however, were determined not to rest until it was retaken. The city itself became a battlefield, spanning dozens of miles with pockets of resistance and a changing influence throughout, for many years. One day that all changed.

A magical cataclysm wrecked the land, coursing through the known world and killing more people than not. A magical cataclysm that seemed to be centered on that city as only those within it remained alive, or at least none outside the city have been heard from since.

And yet the monsters of the world remained.

A tentative truce was formed in the city, uneasy but there, with precious few other options available. That was over two hundred years ago. Prejudices still exist, since almost all elves were alive well before the world changed, but life was forced to adjust. The city has started to decay, quality of life has gotten progressively worse, and attitudes are slowly getting to another boiling point.

A few ideas I had...

- Treasure hunters, setting out into the untamed wilds to find supplies and oddities
- Racial plot inside the dying city? Relations, politics, everyday life?
- New races that have formed in the wilds, caused by magic? (I'm a big fan of shapeshifters/anthro >.>)
- A magical investigation into what happened and why
- A search for a new home
- Is the world as dead as those in the city believe it is?
Unicorns had been hunted to extinction for a variety of reasons: grinding their horns and hooves for poultices, beliefs that putting their fur in a field guaranteed a good harvest, using their blood to forge iron or enhance fertilizer. The list went on and on. They were caught, culled, and haven't been seen for hundreds of years. One of the gentlest and Noble creatures, wiped out.

Or were they?

Character A is in the woods for whatever reason (hunter looking for game? Mercenary out for revenge? Knight errant on a quest? Someone chasing a rumor?). They come across a unicorn [Character B], bound to a tree and emaciated, being held to collect it's blood. Character frees them because it's right, because they want to exploit it themselves, or whatever reason. The two travel together.

Romance plot as they get close to each other! Adventure as she tries to get home! A hundred sideplots of whatever description!

For the sake of this RP, unicorn would have a humanoid form in addition to the typical steed-with-a-horn true form. Either a human/elven shape, kemonomimi, or anthro. Whatever your preference. Think of it like any other shifter, except their animal form... is a magic horse (or other creature, whatev!).

Unicorn is just a placeholder creature for Character B (my preferred role in this RP) - it could be anything, even a creature that we make up on our own! So, technically, could be the person or creature that comes across them in their dire situation (Character A).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back