• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Shadows of the Setting Sun (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Just waiting here for my chance to see the sorceress die by Tyree's hand. Then Jaydude and I can deal with the undead monstrosity.

I'll take the five thousand on the left, Jaydude can take the five thousand on the right, and we'll leave the ones in the middle for you.

Hmm. I was thinking something along the lines of changing into our bird forms and escaping. Or are we actually going to be able to win this fight?

I'll take the five thousand on the left, Jaydude can take the five thousand on the right, and we'll leave the ones in the middle for you.

Afureru is going to have to going to have to go on a lone killing spree throughout the entire Fel to get justice for being left out.

That all depends on how long it takes us. If the ghost/zombie army doesn't get to us fast, between the two of us we may be able to take it down before bolting out of there.

Afureru is going to have to going to have to go on a lone killing spree throughout the entire Fel to get justice for being left out.
That is why I left the ones in the middle for you. That way, you won't feel left out.

I'm concerned what will happen when Sigrdrífa realizes that Makuro and Tyree opted to start a fight deep inside the enemy camp - with the huge undead abomination no less - without bringing her along.

Now that the sorceress is dead, I don't mind trying to get away from the flesh golem. We can just 'accidently' skip that part.

Sigrdrífa isn't the one you have to worry about. Sigrdrífa is under no illusions that she will participate in every important fight that takes place in the North. This nameless abomination would just be a warmup for Achiba up in the tower, anyway. Afureru, on the other hand, clearly gets angry when people start fights and don't invite her.

Sorry I didn’t get a chance to get a new post going this weekend. And today is our anniversary, so I won’t post this evening either.

Thanks for the patience.

A coupla house-keeping items:

Toun and Aeliana: I'm going to assume you're going with Sigrdrífa and Zoya.

Sigrdrífa, Zoya, Toun, and Aeliana: is the plan to head to the crypt first or to find Afureru and figure out what's going on with her?

Afureru: I just want to make sure: you're planning on fighting with Embrace over your shoulder, correct? Some sort of handicap for sport and all?

Tyree and Makuro: Yes, you can attempt to fly away. You're both close to the abomination thingy and it has reach. So, you will have to roll to do so. This'll be a disengage action. You'll need to roll Dexterity + Dodge vs the creature's Dexterity + Athletics as it's going to attempt to keep up with you in some way.

Esbilon Esbilon Rykon Rykon Sherwood Sherwood D. Rex D. Rex Random Word Random Word Teh Frixz Teh Frixz jaydude jaydude

Sigrdrífa figures Afureru can handle herself. She's just suggesting someone should probably go find out why Afureru is suddenly breaking camp. Someone that isn't her, because she's busy with silly ghost chores. She does not care if anyone actually goes to find out what Afureru is up to. Presumably it will be obvious shortly. It's Afureru and an entire army, neither of which are subtle.

A coupla house-keeping items:

Toun and Aeliana: I'm going to assume you're going with Sigrdrífa and Zoya.

Sigrdrífa, Zoya, Toun, and Aeliana: is the plan to head to the crypt first or to find Afureru and figure out what's going on with her?

Afureru: I just want to make sure: you're planning on fighting with Embrace over your shoulder, correct? Some sort of handicap for sport and all?

Tyree and Makuro: Yes, you can attempt to fly away. You're both close to the abomination thingy and it has reach. So, you will have to roll to do so. This'll be a disengage action. You'll need to roll Dexterity + Dodge vs the creature's Dexterity + Athletics as it's going to attempt to keep up with you in some way.

Esbilon Esbilon Rykon Rykon Sherwood Sherwood D. Rex D. Rex Random Word Random Word Teh Frixz Teh Frixz jaydude jaydude

Yes. Yes for sport, but also because she's the only exalted available to watch the prisoner. So its safer this way as well.

Alright, it's become very clear my mental energy is gonna be tied up in other matters for a while. To be brief, I'm currently dealing with a sick, elderly dog (14 years old) and also the elevated workload and background drama of my employer going through a merger process among other things. Professional and personal stress is at a profound high right now and it's looking like I'm in for another season of change after one that's already left me exhausted.

Everything should be fine in the end one way or another, just not a lot of focus left to get in worthwhile posts lately. For the purpose of this game, Toun is most certainly eager to eviscerate this ghost and tear through the army like a hot knife in butter. I'll do what I can to keep up when time permits, but when I can't feel free to run with the assumption he's eager to fight and be done with these ghosts.

Alright, it's become very clear my mental energy is gonna be tied up in other matters for a while. To be brief, I'm currently dealing with a sick, elderly dog (14 years old) and also the elevated workload and background drama of my employer going through a merger process among other things. Professional and personal stress is at a profound high right now and it's looking like I'm in for another season of change after one that's already left me exhausted.

Everything should be fine in the end one way or another, just not a lot of focus left to get in worthwhile posts lately. For the purpose of this game, Toun is most certainly eager to eviscerate this ghost and tear through the army like a hot knife in butter. I'll do what I can to keep up when time permits, but when I can't feel free to run with the assumption he's eager to fight and be done with these ghosts.
Sorry to hear about your dog and other things.

Thanks for the heads-up. Sorry to hear about that. That's a lot. Don't sweat it here. You can hang back or drop in at any time as needed.

I have found that when I'm not feeling it—even without all that going on—forcing it only makes it worse or I burn out.

Anyway, all the best. Just like anyone else, you'll find support here as you need it and you're welcome to engage as you feel up to it.

Going to give a shot at getting away, but I don't know if Tyree has the dice pool to do so.

Yeah, only one success. I am thinking that I'm stuck in this fight.

Going to give a shot at getting away, but I don't know if Tyree has the dice pool to do so.

Yeah, only one success. I am thinking that I'm stuck in this fight.
4 successes.

So, I offer you a choice:
  1. This thing keeps you grounded and in the fight. We find out how many rounds you can go with it (or it can go with you).
  2. You can get away, but with a complication. Something that makes it a partial success to get away.
I have something specific in mind for #2, but I want you to choose first.

D. Rex D. Rex you and yours are about to get into battle. I'd like it to occur "off-screen" so to speak. The way I see it, there are three questions we need to answer with the battle:
  1. How many, if any, casualties do your men suffer?
  2. What does it cost you to win?
  3. Does Embrace on your shoulder slow you down?
Let me think about the best way to handle it. I'm wondering if we roll with battle groups. What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back