• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Shadows of the Setting Sun (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Ice cream run canceled due to my wife changing her mind. I'm ready to see how badly Tyree will either get tore up, or tear up the Abyssal.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Barring some Charm to negate my Join Battle successes, I clearly won the roll off. Should I go ahead and post my attack?

To hit and damage rolls made. Lets see if I just didn't wipe her out in one hit.

Spending another 5m on my Strength Excellency to increase my to-hit pool
This is probably overkill - if she doesn't have a surprise negator you hit your Decisive attack against DV 0 with 12 net successes, but net successes only reduce her hardness and she probably didn't have hardness 12. You had, what, Str 5 + Melee 5 + Specialty 1 + Stunt 2 + Sinuous Striking Grace 1 + Excellency 5 = 19 dice to hit?
Assuming that this connects, I'll go ahead and roll damage. = 9 Aggravated damage done, and if she lives, she loses 3 sorcerous motes
Only 15 dice, not 20, I think. Initiative 11+3 = 14 + 1 for Zealtor's bonus. Sinuous Striking Grace adds 5i for the purposes of determining initiative order only. Great for going first and securing an Ambush attack, but it doesn't directly help you murderize Abyssals. So 5A damage if I haven't missed anything. She will feel that in the morning. And the morning after. And probably next month.

I don't quite agree that Sinuous Striking Grace doesn't add to the total initiative roll, but that is not my call to make here. Even so, be it 5A or 9A, she is messed up pretty bad.

SSG would be completely broken if it applied to damage. It would be so much stronger than every other Lunar E1 decisive damage adder it would be insane. Nothing else comes close to 3m for 5 decisive damage dice, no questions asked (Unless we go to the Solar Charmset, which at least asks a WP of Charms of that tier). Look at poor Ferocious Biting Tooth (2m):

The Lunar lashes out with strength born of fury. She adds +(Essence) Overwhelming on a withering attack, or adds (lower of Essence or Strength) attack roll extra successes on a decisive attack as damage dice. She can deal lethal damage bare-handed.

For 3m SSG would add more than five times the value, and you wouldn't even have to make a withering attack first!

The Charm text itself is also pretty explicit: "This Charm must be used at the start of the round. The Lunar adds (higher of Dexterity or Wits) to her Initiative to determine when she acts."

Ok, I'll give you that. Point taken.

So the Abyssal takes only 5A. Still, I'm happy.

So, here is a question. At what point in the combat round do I need to declare this?

• Once per day, when she lands a decisive attack that resets her Initiative, she may pay 10 motes, one Willpower to roll Join Battle, adding (highest physical Attribute) non-Charm dice.

Yeah, I’m going with Random Word Random Word on that first Charm.

As for declaring the second, when you land a decisive blow that hits to reset your initiative. So, I have to declare her Charm usage—or otherwise :D —but if you land the hit, you can declare it.

Yeah, I’m going with Random Word Random Word on that first Charm.

As for declaring the second, when you land a decisive blow that hits to reset your initiative. So, I have to declare her Charm usage—or otherwise :D —but if you land the hit, you can declare it.
Ok. Lets see if I score a hit on this spellcaster, then I'll try another strike in a minute.

Sherwood Sherwood
Post incoming...

[Rolling to finish the spell…]

Round 1 Initiative
19 Tyree
3 Sorceress

Round 2 Initiative
3 Tyree
3 Sorceress
Don't forget that the sorceress loses three of her sorcerous motes that she's gathered from my hit to her with my spear. Assuming it hit, that is.

You ALMOST effed her spell with that spear. She needed 5 more motes before you drained 3. I can't believe I rolled 8 successes.

Good night.

Last edited:
Damn. Well, I plan on trying to finish her off before she can summon any more of these critters.

BTW, that was a crappy join battle roll. I should have gotten much more on that many dice. Ah, well.

Okay. I might be misremembering things, but how is this not going to draw aggro from everything dead-aligned here?

BTW, that was a crappy join battle roll. I should have gotten much more on that many dice. Ah, well.
Even still, with a lower roll, your attack was absolutely monstrous. Effing aggravated damage, too.

Okay. I might be misremembering things, but how is this not going to draw aggro from everything dead-aligned here?
Yes, well. That is a concern, to be sure. She was working on building this thing regardless of the attack. So, it's not out of the ordinary that it stood up. And sure, it COULD be pissed that it was raised.

I think you have a few rounds before EVERYTHING is aggro'ed when they realize there is a fight down there.

Last edited:
And, I read the sexual tension between Áleifr and Sigrdrífa in that fight right? It was there, wasn't it?
Ah, I forgot to reply to this. It wasn't not there, but I always hesitate to do more than hint at things like that when I'm essentially creating an NPC someone else has to play. Whatever you read into it and whatever sounds fun to you is correct. When a major part of your culture is, 'Kill or be killed,' and one of the central tensions of your people's lives is between the desperate white knuckle grasp you have on life with one hand and the knife you're going to plunge into the hearts of those trying to climb over you to get it in the other, if you don't have a love/hate relationship with an Abyssal it had better be because it's low hanging fruit and you've got something more ambitious in mind. They represent the temptation to just let go of that grasp on life in a place that so very much wants to kill you and just relax.
The Circle on the ridge sees the upper half of a massive creature explode out of the ground behind the obsidian tower where Tyree and Makuro were headed.
So we can't tell anything has gone wrong right, or that Tyree is in danger unless she flares or something, right? We just see, "Oh look, the giant undead army summoned another giant undead thing somewhere way over thataway."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back