• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Shadows of the Setting Sun (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Posted.

Also, I'm assuming that the abomination's legendary size, yes? Otherwise Makuro might look a bit silly climbing around it in his human form.

Just let me know when I can play thwack-a-mole with this thing.

Soak/Hardness: 22/10
Oh damn, at 22 soak you guys are going to be here all year unless you've got the Charms to hit for 40 damage. I'd just disengage or it'll be 10 rounds of pinging for Overwhelming just to build up to a decisive, and it can probably tank a few of those. Tyree can maybe beat its soak since she's at 19 base damage, but on average probably not by more than her Overwhelming. Oh, but that lance has piercing, that helps. Poor Makuro is never going to be able to do more than ping it. At least you have Overwhelming 5 and 4, respectively. Maybe Makuro can find a weak point, or some way to disrupt it in the scene?

Oh damn, at 22 soak you guys are going to be here all year unless you've got the Charms to hit for 40 damage. I'd just disengage or it'll be 10 rounds of pinging for Overwhelming just to build up to a decisive, and it can probably tank a few of those. Tyree can maybe beat its soak since she's at 19 base damage, but on average probably not by more than her Overwhelming. Oh, but that lance has piercing, that helps. Poor Makuro is never going to be able to do more than ping it. At least you have Overwhelming 5 and 4, respectively. Maybe Makuro can find a weak point, or some way to disrupt it in the scene?
Hmm. One idea I did have was seeing if I could get inside the abomination and attack the internal workings directly, but I don't know how much that would work against something that's undead.

Too bad we can't coordinate attacks to drop the monster's DV

Random Word Random Word love that you did that math. How did you put that together so well?

Also, if we were to sit through it, could they IN THEORY build up initiative high enough to drop some devastating decisive attacks that kill it?

Oh damn, at 22 soak you guys are going to be here all year unless you've got the Charms to hit for 40 damage. I'd just disengage or it'll be 10 rounds of pinging for Overwhelming just to build up to a decisive, and it can probably tank a few of those.
Heh. Funnily enough, getting the hell out of there was my original plan, but then Tyree got stuck fighting the damn thing.

Oh, sure, they'll definitely kill it eventually unless its allies come help it or it pulls out some nasty tricks. The math isn't complicated. Tyree hits for 19 + threshold successes (before Charms). Piercing is -4 soak for 1i. So if Tyree rolls 20 attack dice we expect 10 hits. That's 19 + 5 net hits vs soak 18, so 6 whole damage on average. Rolling 6 damage gets you a little less than 3i, plus 1i for hitting, -1 for piercing, so piercing might not even be worth it. She could ping for 5 instead for a reliable 3.5i per turn. Assuming she wants at least 20i for a reasonably big decisive that will take her ~5-6 turns, and deal ~8 boxes of lethal or maybe aggravated damage if Zelator's bonus triggers. Depending on how many HLs it has, she may need to do that twice or more.

High soak enemies can be a bit of a slog. Makuro could do a Distract gambit on the turn she's going to Decisive to transfer initiative to her to charge her up faster.

That's a bit of an underestimate, actually, since the distribution is one-sided (if she rolls low, she still pings for 5 damage, if she rolls high she may do much more). The turns won't be complicated if you want to power through them quickly - there's tension in whether they defeat the monster before the reinforcements start pouring in.

Heh. Funnily enough, getting the hell out of there was my original plan, but then Tyree got stuck fighting the damn thing.
I did try, but Tyree's dex is just too low for now to make the disengage roll.

I think you get to add the Speed bonus of your form to disengage rolls, so if you have a fast form that can make your pool much larger. Some speed bonuses for animals go up to like +4. Being small probably also offers a bonus to disengage.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai
Hey, I know I haven't been active much. But some things have come up that has taken the majority of my attention.

I need to let you know that I won't be able to able to post or anything until early November. So you can skip me, or write me out, or ignore me, or play for me as however you need. Sorry about this. Hopefully I can take care of things quickly here.

jaydude jaydude
Hey, I know I haven't been active much. But some things have come up that has taken the majority of my attention.

I need to let you know that I won't be able to able to post or anything until early November. So you can skip me, or write me out, or ignore me, or play for me as however you need. Sorry about this. Hopefully I can take care of things quickly here.
This isn't the game I'm running, bud.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai

Sorry to hear! No rush or worries. You’re spot will be here when you’re ready, if you want. Afureru is in a good spot for me to separate her.

Thinking story-wise, it’d be cool if she, her army, and Embrace vanish. 😈

Sorry to hear! No rush or worries. You’re spot will be here when you’re ready, if you want. Afureru is in a good spot for me to separate her.

Thinking story-wise, it’d be cool if she, her army, and Embrace vanish. 😈
That sounds highly intriguing! The implications are indeed very cool. I can't wait too see what comes of it when I return.

I figure we've got mundane light sources like torches. I declared Sigrdrifa tossed one down earlier, and she can make more easily enough. If they go out she'll use her caste mark.

I figure we've got mundane light sources like torches. I declared Sigrdrifa tossed one down earlier, and she can make more easily enough. If they go out she'll use her caste mark.
Oh yes. True.

7, I think. Makuro did 1i damage. The 1i bonus from making a successful withering attack comes from thin air, not the enemy.
Thanks! I did that correct above. Don’t know why I did that here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back