• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Setting Summer Dawn - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Me, remember stuff? -ugly laughter-
-shot- xD
But yeah, I can totes picture her as a bard/rogue from your description~

Since she spent some time among the Nagafolk, would you want any backstory between her and Valac? They could have a positive, neutral, or negative relationship, I'm open to stoofs if you have any ideas!

Mayb tieflings in this setting exist in a different plane of mostly evil-alignment or something, and Valac totally summoned a demongal and asked her if she could give him legs. And then she said nope and he was like oh ok. Nevermind then. And she's been in Cyndara since because who wants to go back to evil planes anyway- -shot-
/j/k that would be a hilarious parody storyline tho

Ok so SilverFlight SilverFlight and company, here is my proposed character!

Name:
Sephoriah Anth-Umbra

94, but is in the proportional condition of a young adult.

Race:
Devilkin/Tiefling, a spawn of devils and men

Cyndara

House or Clan:
She lives in essential seclusion, though in close proximity with the Nagakin that share sympathy for being of...impure bloodline.

Appearance:
Sephoriah is statuesque as her kind often is, rare as they may be. In terms of proportion and shapeliness, she would be desirable by all human accounts...were it not for the infernal magenta of her skin and the curling horns adorning her luxuriant raven hair. Such marks are more than enough to garner the hatred of 'loftier beings'. Her eyes are unfathomably black as the very abyss from whence, people scornfully whisper, her kind originated. Her features are sharp, aristocratic, and while her slightly fanged smile is pretty enough, hard and lonely life in the shadowlands has imprinted her with a nearly permanent scowl.
View attachment 481030

Profession/Station:
Sephoriah is an adept hunter and gatherer to sustain herself and to trade with neighboring villages. Her craft of stealth and subterfuge lends to this. As an autodidact she is also a proficient herbalist and dabbler in related forms of naturalist magic.
In terms of magic, Sephoriah has a relatively small mana pool and is dependent more on the properties of herbs, charms and rituals. To that effect, she is a passable healer. She is, however, proficient in spells of subterfuge such as melting into shadows, altering her appearance and the like.
There is a devilish charm that Sephoriah can bring to bear if needed, which is largely her appearance and the provocative aura of her bloodline, but also can be augmented by subtle magic.
Beyond magic, she is observant, quick in mind as well as on foot. Where strength is lacking, her dexterity more than compensates.

Weapons and armour:
Combat is something that Sephoriah shies away from at most opportunity, and as such does not wear armor. But in the event that subterfuge has failed and confrontation is necessary, she is an adept duelist with a long, lithe rapier-like sword. It is fashioned from meager metals available to her, but with help from more learned mages it has been enchanted to be strong, yet supple, and to discretely avoid the glint of light. Stowed beneath her cloak she also stows a dagger of smoke-darkened steel.

Extra equipment:
Sephoriah never leaves her hut without such herbs as to aid her in healing, and also carries an odd trinket around with her wherever she goes...a small, grape-sized orb of glossy bluish black. What it is made of or from whence it came is beyond her. But she has somehow never managed to lose the peculiar thing, and she's sure that one day she will remember...

Goals and motivations:
The lot cast to a devil's unholy spawn is unfavorable, even in the Misted lands. Sephoriah perches on the knife's edge between the two fates that Tieflings are offered...to rise above the stigma of their namesake, or to fall prey to it. There she has perched for so long, and the struggle has come to define her--even though she could fall to either side. Her ideals are lofty as could be...she wants to change her world for the better--to change the whole world. The more arcane secrets she unravels, the closer that goal comes to her grasp. And at the same time, she teeters ever more precariously on the edge of becoming what she--and the world--hates: a truly evil, manipulative devil-spawn.

Personality:
Sephoriah is, at heart, searching for acceptance. Not just from the other dark secrets of sentience like Nagafolk, but from the elves, the humans, the world. She knows how they look at her, what they whisper in her absence. She wants to believe that someone of the 'better' races could deign to accept her as something more than a demon's kin. To this end there is almost nothing she won't do. Her goals of becoming a powerful force of good is closely intertwined with this.
She tries her best to be selfless, always seeking to keep her altruistic goals in the forefront of her mind as she increases in knowledge and power. She pours out her mana energies into healing, stretching herself to the limit so that she might be able to stretch further next time. As with physical healing, she also offers her emotional energies to heal others; the depths of sorrow and hateful rejection that she has suffered affords her a great depth of empathy for the suffering of others. By doing her best to nurse the hurt of others' hearts, she nurses her own.

Character flaws and weaknesses:
Unfortunately, the allures of her devilish side are equally powerful and deceptively lending to her noble endeavors. Sometimes when it seems that genuine favor cannot be earned, Sephoriah turns to other means of taking it. She can leverage her cunning, her magic, and her body to become a ruthlessly effective manipulator. She can see inner vulnerabilities as though they were bleeding wounds, and her infernal bloodlust would seek to exploit them just as soon as heal them. Sephoriah loathes these tenancies and resists them to great anguish, often spiraling into despair...but sometimes the fiendish temptation is simply inexorable.
This constant struggle leaves her with a markedly damaged self-esteem that often affects her resolution to become a strong force of good.
Sephoriah has a marked vulnerability to great strength in another... be it physical prowess, intellect, or emotional resilience. Such characters not only rouse her manipulative temptations, but also find her vulnerable to being manipulated herself.

Bio:
Sephoriah's bloodline, as far as she can surely discern, is that of a reticent succubus who carried its child (a rare conjunction in and of itself) to birth. The human father begged her to, out of fear of retaliation from the gods.
But while life raised by a succubus was better than death, it was hardly a life at all. What better could have come from such an upbringing than duplicity, deceit; bowing low to the most base whims of an abyssal bloodline?
Sephoriah did not live with her mother long, at any rate. The succubus was executed in fire by retributive zealots when her daughter was 19, scarcely a teenager by her developmental standards. She knew her mother pursued voracious lust not out of choice as much as it was part of her being. A cursed perogative. Sephoriah vowed to live contrary to that bloodline curse.
Raised in part by the cunning of the Nagafolk and in part by the cruelty of isolation in Cyndara, Sephoriah grew in strength and craft, and gradually ventured to experience a good portion of the surrounding world so that she could understand and someday improve it. She even ventured to the very edge of the summer-lit lands that she read and heard about.
But the hate, the lust, the essence of evil grew equal to the good within her...either as a cruel balance of the universe, or by the malice of the devil beyond her world that was--however distant it may be--her origin.​
Really great character. I'm not good with estimating length on my phone but I think the personality and background sections could be lengthened a touch, other than that, posting this will get approval no problem.

SilverFlight SilverFlight just posted a character, let me know what you think!
He's awesome! He'll really like what sone of the tribes are doing right now. If you've read the updates, there are several orc clans that have made a pavt with the Evereach elven forces to attack the wood elf village of Delan. The leader, Uxul has just joined the battle. Most of our characters are back at the orc camp having just gotten free from imprisonment, Falsedge and Nevina are at the temple in the village with the preistesses and the townsfolk trying to think of ways to fight back.

Archie Archie great entry post. There is a tiny detail that you should know about horses in Cyndara, they're not native. There's a reason for this. Orcs generally ride giant boars, elves ride elk. If your character has a horse he'd likely have gotten it from one of the sumennan soldiers that died getting into Cyndara. That is all :)

Archie Archie great entry post. There is a tiny detail that you should know about horses in Cyndara, they're not native. There's a reason for this. Orcs generally ride giant boars, elves ride elk. If your character has a horse he'd likely have gotten it from one of the sumennan soldiers that died getting into Cyndara. That is all :)
Gotcha thanks, I’ll change it to a boar my bad

OK! Its been a long time coming but I think I've managed to compile a collection of songs that relate to or define my characters.
Let's start with Desrick:

This first song is sort of an intro to Cyndara, I think of the internal clashes between orcs and the other races, the spiritual face of it and Desrick's struggle to hold the peace tightly in his hands.
It's the main these of Suikoden III: Exeeding Love

Next is sort of cheesy, I'm not entirely happy with it being sung by Phil Collins, but I found a lot of the lyrics sort of lined up with Desrick's feelings and his thoughts, I felt it a good introduction to the character.
Tarzan's Two worlds

This last one is a part of Desrick's character that hasn't really come out yet, but I hope I'll get a chance to explore it further as I get to throw Des out of his comfort zone and really get him to reflect on why he's doing what he does.
Imagine Dragons: Whatever it takes

Now for Pyrrhus:
The first is sort of a snapshot to the spirit of the centaur clans that I imagined would be living in Cyndara. This song made me think of moonlit plains, and a unified and strong people, that lived for one another. Pyrrhus is still very much apart of that spirit and carries it with him, even if he's far away.
Christopher Tin's Iza Ngomso

There was definitely going to be a Sia song for Pyrrhus. I think he'd absolutely love her sound and have no shame in it. This coupled with his near-indomitable spirit rounded it up to Never Give Up.

The final song is a ballad that I absolutely love, and it is precisely the sort of thing Pyrrhus would love to perform. It's tender, its charming and it reaches out to the romantic in all of us.
HTTYD 2: For the Dancing and the Dreaming

Archie Archie Yatasal Yatasal
You missed why the above post it a thing: I tend to put up little character building prompts every now and again. The last one was 'choose three songs that define your character'. These are entirely voluntary and you may not feel like you want to put anything up until you get to know your characters better, but the option is there. :3

Archie Archie Your last post made me realize that there should definitely be a finite number of enemies he should be able to poison with his equipment, that's going to be four small enemies (man-sized) or two large ones. After that the poison would have worn off to the point where it does not affect the opponent.

Archie Archie Your last post made me realize that there should definitely be a finite number of enemies he should be able to poison with his equipment, that's going to be four small enemies (man-sized) or two large ones. After that the poison would have worn off to the point where it does not affect the opponent.

Absolutely. I was actually going to write in the post that the amount of blood being spilled probably wiped off all the poison on his weapons. It's not instantly acting, so in the last fight it was quite useless anyway - he had to deal with the beasts using brute force. Its main use is in long Orc vs. Orc duels, where it slowly gives him the advantage.

Mythee Mythee thanks!

mothspit mothspit
OK SO, There are several bands of rogue orcs (lead by an orc called Uxul) that decided to betray the pacts made by the peoples of Cyndara and help a small invading force from Sumenna (headed by an Evereach high elf captain called Lassard) steal a very important light-giving crystal that is the heart of the small wood elf town of Delan. This also happens to be the adoptive home of my character Desrick and his adoptive brother Crispin. In the last few posts, Ora, Valac, Hael, Rossa, Lohrithe and Pyrrhus were captured by these rogue orcs and tied up at their base camp not far from the town. The orcs left them there and went to attack the town. Ora, managed to persuade a group of these traitors, who were unhappy with how things went down, to switch sides and help them. Meanwhile, Falsedge and Song went back to the town (not having been captured) and found the high elves of Evereach together with the rogue orcs invading Delan and beginning to chop down the tree that holds the all-important crystal. The townsfolk who were not killed in the initial attack are holed up in the town's main temple (on the ground) and being protected by the prayers of Cyndabrynde's priests.
Falsedge and Song managed to goad a herd of wild creatures into stampeding through the town, sewing mass panic and chaos among the elves, though this still hasn't been enough to dislodge the orcs from cutting down the tree. Our newest characters are part of the Sumennan invasion, an orc called Duran just lost an eye battling several fierce beasties, and Quinn was badly injured and is in the care of Pyrrhus, Azaria and Lohrithe up on a bluff overlooking the village. Desrick along with Ora is leading the charge down to the square where the crystal is to try and break the orc lines and stop them from stealing the crystal. They are riding big boars they stole/borrowed from the orc camp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back