• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Setting Summer Dawn - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Modern day Falsedge would probably be more of a suit than a t-shirt as an adult, but her t-shirts while younger would be bold and polished like this:
Screenshot_2018-07-27-14-14-02.png
Screenshot_2018-07-27-14-49-43.png

And modern day Valac would be a gamer so stuff like pixel art he would love, and he likes animals, but he'd still pick clothes to dress stylishly in like so! Except brown dark red and black would be preferred but redbubble didn't have it xD
Screenshot_2018-07-27-14-28-44.png

Last edited:
T-Shirt Design:
Material - Cotton Rayon / Silky, Lace [ maybe at the sleeves and the bottom of the shirt ]
- this is only to give that "extra" flair and extravagance

SMCJmbX.png
B5SxmDv.png
About the Design:
for the front, the sun over the gem shows Rossarinya's heritage. born in Summena and brought up in the House Bellethiel [ known for their merchants of silk and jewelry ]. the front of the shirt is how Rossarinya was raised and brought up, a symbol of how she must appear to her kind.
for the back, the tree represents growth and t "She-Elf" for the words at the bottom is that. . . I kinda see her as this "warrior" that needs time to grow and show others who she truly is.

All in all, I picked white because all of these symbols represent her innocence and purity.

[ i hope that makes sense ]

Rough Patch Rough Patch Character accepted! He sounds like a lot of fun XD

Our characters are just getting up for the 'morning' in Desrick's parents' house in Delan. Desrick is sparring outside with Lohr, and Falsedge and Ora are watching. I'm going to let everyone post once before starting the next part of the story. If you have any questions just ask them here.

Welcome to Setting Summer Dawn!

Sounds good, may I introduce myself however I'd like or did you have something in mind?

Sounds good, may I introduce myself however I'd like or did you have something in mind?
So far we have people just showing up at the house, its up to you whether you want your character to come in in disguise as a Sumennan or switch back to a Cyndaran for the meeting. Nobody will be able to tell what he is unless he reveals it. If he comes as a Sumennan he'll be sent to be appraised by Cyndabrynde at the temple, just to make sure he means the town to harm, but I don't think that will affect anything story-wise.

I have found Ora's modern-day tee-shirts!
2035e3227106e6423135e785e3feee96--t-rex-forever--disney.jpg
I think Ora would wear something quirky and odd, to draw people's attention away from her other features. So something like a shirt with a bunch of dinosaur skeletons would probably work. I went with dinosaurs because I think she would be a bit of a science nerd.
The_Sass_Womens_Plus_Size_Scoop_Neck_Dark_T-Shirt_300x300.jpg
For when tipsy-Ora says things to Falsedge that she maybe shouldn't lol

Hael should take a break from walking sometimes! That's what having young and energetic friends with strong tails is for. 8D
20180811_234432_HDR.jpg

New updates:

I have added to the 'Story so far' section and added the town of Delan to 'The Lands' section in the lore.

Zazz Zazz Mythee Mythee Nevina Nevina deer deer Flutterby Flutterby Rough Patch Rough Patch Rhaine Rhaine

Ok, time for my favourite character building exercise. Again, you do not have to do this with all of your characters, or at all, but if you do, please submit your entries here.

One character, three songs that they: 1. would like, 2. are defined by or 3. that remind you of them.

3 Songs that define Hael: White Cedar by The Mountain Goats / Father and Son by Cat Stevens / Silver and Gold by City and Colour
3 Songs Hael would like: Frozen Man by James Taylor / Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd / Take On Me by a-ha

Smol gal's songs!

Reminds me of her: Can't you just see her, moodily drinking alone, in some hole-in-the-wall place full of other rejects?

She would like: Ora would jam to this, it would be her go-to singing-in-the-shower song. It's also got some elements of travel in a beautiful place/person growth/moving on that are pretty fitting.

All of the above: Searching for home, finding hidden inner strength, all good stuff. I would jam, she would jam, everyone would jam. It'd be great. But in all seriousness, I feel like this is a good one for the (surprising) transformation Ora is going through.

These are all so great, love the justification for the choices <3

This song is like the shape of Falsedge's grief and anger, turned into music.

Artistic-license-translation:

I fall on the corridor of thunder
Like rain on the temple, weeping
Of tens of thousands who hear a dream’s voice
Of the dead body that remains unknown

And without waiting for deliverance by the golden morning
Or the wisdom of those people who have come before
As you secretly sleep

I stand in the corridor of thunder
In the shadow of tens of thousands weeping

Listen to the abyss in four directions
And pierce the new shoots of silence
Light incense from the flowers of knowing
Harvest the temple’s anger

I sing from the gates of death, return home!
Under the light of a thousand miles

Swiftly go, far away

Light the incense of the flowers of knowledge
Smell the flames of brutality and fear

The barbarian’s arrow has loosed on the burning land
Written by the names of the holy
Thunder flashes all at once, burning into your eyes
As wisdom secretly sleeps

And without waiting for the month of brilliant rains
A rain of omniscience

That will soak even the sleeping

Thunder flashes all at once
As wisdom secretly sleeps

This is a more general Falsedge theme, part of the playlist I like listening to for writing her.

Music she'd actually enjoy listening to would be completely different from these- peaceful and calm. x'DD

Valac doesn't have his own playlist yet, but here's a song which I think suits him as a character. Journeying, jungle-y vibes.

As for his own tastes, if this were modern age, he'd totally preferentially be listening to jaunty electronic music.

Since this isn't modern age though, I bet the performances most likely to turn him into a fan would probably be jaunty music that's easy to sing along to in a group, like this.

OH and I should totally have posted this-!! It's exactly what Valac would sound like, singing. Just pretend it's him!

Last edited:
Ok so SilverFlight SilverFlight and company, here is my proposed character!

Name:
Sephoriah Anth-Umbra

94, but is in the proportional condition of a young adult.

Race:
Devilkin/Tiefling, a spawn of devils and men

Cyndara

House or Clan:
She lives in essential seclusion, though in close proximity with the Nagakin that share sympathy for being of...impure bloodline.

Appearance:
Sephoriah is statuesque as her kind often is, rare as they may be. In terms of proportion and shapeliness, she would be desirable by all human accounts...were it not for the infernal magenta of her skin and the curling horns adorning her luxuriant raven hair. Such marks are more than enough to garner the hatred of 'loftier beings'. Her eyes are unfathomably black as the very abyss from whence, people scornfully whisper, her kind originated. Her features are sharp, aristocratic, and while her slightly fanged smile is pretty enough, hard and lonely life in the shadowlands has imprinted her with a nearly permanent scowl.
Sephoriah flirty.png

Profession/Station:

Sephoriah is an adept hunter and gatherer to sustain herself and to trade with neighboring villages. Her craft of stealth and subterfuge lends to this. As an autodidact she is also a proficient herbalist and dabbler in related forms of naturalist magic.
In terms of magic, Sephoriah has a relatively small mana pool and is dependent more on the properties of herbs, charms and rituals. To that effect, she is a passable healer. She is, however, proficient in spells of subterfuge such as melting into shadows, altering her appearance and the like.
There is a devilish charm that Sephoriah can bring to bear if needed, which is largely her appearance and the provocative aura of her bloodline, but also can be augmented by subtle magic.
Beyond magic, she is observant, quick in mind as well as on foot. Where strength is lacking, her dexterity more than compensates.

Weapons and armour:
Combat is something that Sephoriah shies away from at most opportunity, and as such does not wear armor. But in the event that subterfuge has failed and confrontation is necessary, she is an adept duelist with a long, lithe rapier-like sword. It is fashioned from meager metals available to her, but with help from more learned mages it has been enchanted to be strong, yet supple, and to discretely avoid the glint of light. Stowed beneath her cloak she also stows a dagger of smoke-darkened steel.

Extra equipment:
Sephoriah never leaves her hut without such herbs as to aid her in healing, and also carries an odd trinket around with her wherever she goes...a small, grape-sized orb of glossy bluish black. What it is made of or from whence it came is beyond her. But she has somehow never managed to lose the peculiar thing, and she's sure that one day she will remember...

Goals and motivations:
The lot cast to a devil's unholy spawn is unfavorable, even in the Misted lands. Sephoriah perches on the knife's edge between the two fates that Tieflings are offered...to rise above the stigma of their namesake, or to fall prey to it. There she has perched for so long, and the struggle has come to define her--even though she could fall to either side. Her ideals are lofty as could be...she wants to change her world for the better--to change the whole world. The more arcane secrets she unravels, the closer that goal comes to her grasp. And at the same time, she teeters ever more precariously on the edge of becoming what she--and the world--hates: a truly evil, manipulative devil-spawn.

Personality:
Sephoriah is, at heart, searching for acceptance. Not just from the other dark secrets of sentience like Nagafolk, but from the elves, the humans, the world. She knows how they look at her, what they whisper in her absence. She wants to believe that someone of the 'better' races could deign to accept her as something more than a demon's kin. To this end there is almost nothing she won't do. Her goals of becoming a powerful force of good is closely intertwined with this.
She tries her best to be selfless, always seeking to keep her altruistic goals in the forefront of her mind as she increases in knowledge and power. She pours out her mana energies into healing, stretching herself to the limit so that she might be able to stretch further next time. As with physical healing, she also offers her emotional energies to heal others; the depths of sorrow and hateful rejection that she has suffered affords her a great depth of empathy for the suffering of others. By doing her best to nurse the hurt of others' hearts, she nurses her own.

Character flaws and weaknesses:
Unfortunately, the allures of her devilish side are equally powerful and deceptively lending to her noble endeavors. Sometimes when it seems that genuine favor cannot be earned, Sephoriah turns to other means of taking it. She can leverage her cunning, her magic, and her body to become a ruthlessly effective manipulator. She can see inner vulnerabilities as though they were bleeding wounds, and her infernal bloodlust would seek to exploit them just as soon as heal them. Sephoriah loathes these tenancies and resists them to great anguish, often spiraling into despair...but sometimes the fiendish temptation is simply inexorable.
This constant struggle leaves her with a markedly damaged self-esteem that often affects her resolution to become a strong force of good.
Sephoriah has a marked vulnerability to great strength in another... be it physical prowess, intellect, or emotional resilience. Such characters not only rouse her manipulative temptations, but also find her vulnerable to being manipulated herself.

Bio:
Sephoriah's bloodline, as far as she can surely discern, is that of a reticent succubus who carried its child (a rare conjunction in and of itself) to birth. The human father begged her to, out of fear of retaliation from the gods.
But while life raised by a succubus was better than death, it was hardly a life at all. What better could have come from such an upbringing than duplicity, deceit; bowing low to the most base whims of an abyssal bloodline?
Sephoriah did not live with her mother long, at any rate. The succubus was executed in fire by retributive zealots when her daughter was 19, scarcely a teenager by her developmental standards. She knew her mother pursued voracious lust not out of choice as much as it was part of her being. A cursed perogative. Sephoriah vowed to live contrary to that bloodline curse.
Raised in part by the cunning of the Nagafolk and in part by the cruelty of isolation in Cyndara, Sephoriah grew in strength and craft, and gradually ventured to experience a good portion of the surrounding world so that she could understand and someday improve it. She even ventured to the very edge of the summer-lit lands that she read and heard about.
But the hate, the lust, the essence of evil grew equal to the good within her...either as a cruel balance of the universe, or by the malice of the devil beyond her world that was--however distant it may be--her origin.​

Oh she is! I have played a character similar to her; bard class with a side order of rogue.
Hmm I dunno what to tell you! I don't think we've met... do let me know if you remember!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back