• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Setting Summer Dawn - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Pyrrhus influence map.jpg

Ok, because Pyrrhus is actually an older character, I had this already done, I just tweaked it a bit. Pyrrhus has done a little growing since I made the first.

As a whole, the trope I picked for Pyrrhus was the 'gentle giant' Pyrrhus is big, and he looks quiet fierce but he is actually the sweetest, gentlest and most innocent characters I have created. He was designed to help other characters grow and develop, though he has become one of my most beloved. So let's get into what had a hand in inspiring him.

Top left: Rather than just pick a centaur for the specific body form, I chose the Grecian centaur specifically, complete with all their shortcomings. I thought it would be interesting to drag that 'uber rowdy when drunk' rule into the lore and see how that would affect both the culture and the character. The centaur featured here is Chiron, known for being a mentor to the Greek hero Heracles (Hercules). Pyrrhus is a teacher and is happiest when he can bring out the best in those around him.

Top center and top right: Both at once because they're related. One of Pyrrhus' great loves is theater and performance, he knows whole plays by heart, is excellent at crafting stories himself and of course, there is also his music. This was always a fundamental part of Pyrrhus' character. He is a lover of the arts. Shakespeare and the plays from Ancient Greece helped shape both his personality and a bit of his backstory: Pyrrhus is the type of innocent character that could get hurt by reckless actions of the protagonist, or in this case, the other players.

Bottom left: That flamboyant fellow in the fancy feather coat. His name is Amberdrake, but I didn't actually choose him for his fashion sense. He's a healer in the book series 'The Black Gryphon', and loyal friend to the protagonist (who is actually the giant gryphon behind him). I haven't read the books in a while, but I remember Amberdrake as a very dedicated healer, open and willing and extremely attuned to the needs of those around him. I wanted that in Pyrrhus.

Middle right: Ferdinand follows that gentle giant theme. For those that aren't familiar with the story, Ferdinand is about a bull in Spain, who was bred for the bullfighting ring, but really just wants to sit in his field and smell flowers. Because of an unhappy accident Ferdinand is carted off to the ring, but because he does nothing but sit, the matador doesn't have the heart to try and fight him. The concept of Ferdinand, sitting in the ring, in the midst of all of that energy, just simply being himself is something I wanted to bring to Pyrrhus. Even in the darkest scenarios I wanted Pyrrhus to never stop being the gentle, charming soul that he is.

Bottom center: Armstrong was actually one of the most interesting characters for me in Full Metal Alchemist. He was huge, and a very competent fighter, but he was discharged from the war because he couldn't bear the atrocities being committed by his people. Pyrrhus has that almost outlandish show of confidence, yet I wanted him to carry that same fragility.

Bottom right: Miguel, from the Road to Eldorado. Migel was never interested in gold, instead he valued the people of the city, and the connections he made there. He is playful, juvenile and a bit of a trickster and these are all qualities I wanted to bring into Pyrrhus.

Finally, Center: Sidon, the Zora prince from Breath of the Wild and probably the strongest influence for Pyrrhus' overall demeanor. Sidon is a giant shark man and should be hella intimidating, but his unbridled passion and enthusiasm for just about everything makes that impossible. Instead, he's charming, endearing and always sets a positive and jovial example in himself for the people around him.

Into the Fire Into the Fire Please let me know if you will or will not be finishing your CS. The usual activity of this thread is about 2-3 posts a week to if you feel you won't be able to keep up with this you should reconsider making a character.

Ora board.jpg
Middle Column: the basis
Top:
The very first inspiration for Ora was the art that I linked for her appearance. It was something I saw on Deviantart a while ago, and when I saw this RP, I just had to use it. The intensity in the eyes was just too compelling to not use, and I thought it fit nicely in a world where beauty was king but only a specific kind.
Bottom: The next thing that really helped form Ora was my selection for her career. I figured, that as a larger-than-normal dwarf, she would have a physically demanding job, but she couldn't work in small spaces, so she became a smith. Now, I think its a happy bit of metaphor.

Left Column: the beginning
Top:
This is something what I thought Dwerstand might look like. Ora's life started in a grand place like the fortress in this photo. The early years as a noble shaped her, even if she wouldn't like to admit it.
Middle: The love of comfort started from her early life. Even in her later years, Ora still enjoys simple creature comforts. I imagine, given the chance, she would choose a warm cup of tea in a comfy chair over just about anything (except for stronger drink).
Bottom: This image is mostly supposed to show Ora's outlook on life when she was younger- spots of brightness, a dose of darkness, but ultimately leading somewhere sunny.

Right Column: the middle
Top:
Ora's adulthood home, her cottage at the edge of Dwerstand. It is modest, but clearly well-built and spacious. Unassuming, but strong- maybe like Ora herself.
Middle: In stark contrast with the path she was supposed to follow, Ora has become a hard worker, relishing manual labor and her trade. A pair of dirty hands, with one outstretched as if to give something to another, is a good image to show both the dedication she has to her work and to doing what she can for others.
Bottom: This one is based mostly on Ora since the beginning of our story. I didn't imagine her as spurring others into battle, or helping lead the group back to Sumenna, but here we are. So Ora gets a sword, for the battles she has already fought and the ones coming next.

Gaissss. How do you make it pretty
there's a collage app that you can do online
or a site called "canva" and there's templates / frames to put your pictures in ! its a lovely site for photos and whatnot

Zazz Zazz Flutterby Flutterby Yatasal Yatasal mothspit mothspit LazyDaze LazyDaze deer deer hwayi hwayi Into the Fire Into the Fire

Small psa, notifications have been going haywire for a lot of people. For now unfortunately we can't trust the system, so I'll ask that you tag everyone in your posts, putting those you are not directly interacting with on a second line underneath. Sometimes this helps. Also try unwatching and re-watching the thread. This also works some of the time.

Thanks all, I noticed activity flagging and it seems to be due to this, but the thread is still very much active.

Desrick was a hard one, I sort of feel he'd like the more gritty classic/hard rock. I can imagine him liking the Rolling Stones, ACDC, Chilli Peppers, 3 doors down etc. He'd have no talent for singing, but would sort of hum along under his breath.

For Pyrrhus...He'd love all music, but if he gravitated towards a specific genre....it'd be chart toppers after the 90s. I feel like he'd know all the pop/R&B hits before they actually were hits. He'd know all the words, be able to hit most of the notes and make up his own harmonies.

Zazz Zazz mothspit mothspit LazyDaze LazyDaze hwayi hwayi deer deer Yatasal Yatasal Flutterby Flutterby

Okay everyone! Now that Thanksgiving weekend is done I will be cracking down on inactivity. I have a lot of fun stuff planned that will be hindered by spotty posting and to make this a great experience for the players, I'll need regular involvement.

By the end of this week, if you have not posted or, if you have not asked for extended leave, I will consider you inactive and remove your character from play.

I will also be recruiting new players to fill the spots, so if you are marked as 'inactive' you might not be able to get your spot back.

Lemme hear from you all!

Yatasal Yatasal LazyDaze LazyDaze Flutterby Flutterby Zazz Zazz deer deer mothspit mothspit hwayi hwayi

New character challenge!

I think the others have been a bit of work, so I'm making this a really short one:
If your character was in this world (this time) what music genre would they be drawn to?
Ora would definitely be drawn to pop punk, and dabble a little in pop/chart toppers. I think she'd LOVE live music and concerts, and wouldn't be afraid to mosh after a few drinks.

Zazz Zazz mothspit mothspit LazyDaze LazyDaze deer deer Yatasal Yatasal Flutterby Flutterby

Ok guys, next character challenge!

Your characters show up at your door for the weekend! What do you do with them?
Money isn't an object, you get to do anything you'd both enjoy. Or maybe there's stuff you want to show them? Feed them? Maybe there's something they can do for you?
Walk me through a day.

Zazz Zazz mothspit mothspit LazyDaze LazyDaze deer deer Yatasal Yatasal Flutterby Flutterby

Money isn't an object, you get to do anything you'd both enjoy. Or maybe there's stuff you want to show them? Feed them? Maybe there's something they can do for you?
Walk me through a day.

Lohrithe would 100% pick up Waifu's knitting stuff and have at it while Azaria played Assassin's Creed or Skyrim. I'd have Az teach me how to throw knives. She'd also fall in love with Freya and Loki, our ferrets.

Lets see, when Rossarinya shows up at my door? I’ll be hella intimidated by her! However, I would probably ask her to teach me how to shoot bows and arrows and in return, take her to the French Quarter where there’s a lot of music and whatnot for her to dive into! I think it’ll be fun to see her playing Jazz music with the locals.

But, if it’s at home, I think she would try to befriend Mia, my puppy, but ultimately be afraid of her since Mia doesn’t like stranger much oof. However, feeding her crawfish and whatnot would be hella interesting consider she has a weird diet. Hmmm, I think showing her a movie would be hilarious though she would be hella confused and be the type to ask questions a lot if not vocally voice her opinions at the tv . . . politely. Haha!

Oh! As for music she would be interested in? Maybe folk or indie music? I can definitely see her trying different genres but ultimately liking classical with a spin!

Yatasal Yatasal LazyDaze LazyDaze Flutterby Flutterby Zazz Zazz deer deer mothspit mothspit hwayi hwayi

New character challenge!

I think the others have been a bit of work, so I'm making this a really short one:
If your character was in this world (this time) what music genre would they be drawn to?
Trileon would probably lean more towards low-fi beats or something classical!

Walk me through a day.
I'd be super weirded out by a massive blue person at my door but I'm down.

We'd probably do some bone collecting! I personally have a small trove of cat bones I discovered awhile back, so I'd love to go into the forest and find some others to take home. Or create a found object canvas, where you find a random assortment of debris/trash/shinies in the wild and decorate a canvas with them! I'm not really a ~public~ kind of person so we wouldn't do anything like go to the movies or whatever, probably just stay home and watch cheesy 80's horror movies.

I'd get Desrick to teach me stuff. Bladework, herbs, weaving. Desrick's a pretty patient teacher and he likes doing it. Then I'd take him out and show him the city, get him to try my favourite restaurants, make him try bubble tea, watch his face when I fail to mention the bubbles, take him to an arcade. I get the feeling he'd get really into competitive first person shooters. After that, back home and I'd hand Desrick a book to read out loud. The deep voice I've imagined for him would be the absolute best narrator for anything. He'd love my cats and would probably fall asleep with them on his person. Finally a lap big enough for them to share!

If Pyrrhus came calling, I would line up as many amazing shows as I could. I'd have to take him to a broadway musical, because Pyrrhus would got nuts over all involved. Then I'd plan a super fancy event for the evening, like the ballet or the opera and we'd need to dress up of course, so I'd take him shopping in the mall at the heart of the city. If its around this time the christmas decorations will be everywhere and I get to watch him look about in complete wonder (by now I'm picturing Pyrrhus in a jacket and scarf and matching earmuffs and leg warmers and I am losing my mind over the image XD). I could probably talk to Pyrrhus quite a bit about the shows we see; the sets, the music, the actors. To end the day there'd be at-home karaoke, with hot chocolate and cookies and Pyrrhus obviously being the best singer out of everyone but still being very encouraging. He'd send us to sleep after that by playing his lute.

Its strange but if Iolas showed up we would do some pretty childish things. For instance, we would probably decide to dress up as workers for a local supermarket and just confuse everyone because its hilarious, or suddenly become the crossing guard that was not needed and actually increase traffic by accident. We would be like Bonnie and Clyde and except we are just going to produce minor inconveniencies. (sort of like those prank tv shows)

omfg that’s how i do my character personalities at times too i’m crying

The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Character accepted!

So, I'll give you the brief low down on what's happened since my last update.

Our party of Cyndarans and the Sumennans involved in the last arc arrived at Gideon's estate. From there we found out that there have been kidnappings taking place in the lower quarters. Mostly only slaves and servants have been taken, but it is spreading panic. Gideon is sure this is Evereach, using bully and intimidation tactics to coerce the lower houses in Brynson to support their proposed war on Cyndara. The house Bryn (rulers of the city) are on the fence about the war and need to be pushed one way or the other. Gideon believes that if he could find proof and expose Evereach as the hand in these kidnappings it would disgrace them in Brynson and they would lose support.
Our heroes split into 2 groups. Trileon, Quinn, Azaria and an npc, a troll maid called Marillene went to the lower quarter to gather herbs to make a potion that will help the Cyndarans cope with the harsh sunlight. They were set upon by several thugs and after a quick scuffle Azaria managed to capture one. They brought him back to Gideon's manor and he's currently in the root cellar, waiting to be questioned.

Your character can appear in Gideon's drawing room and he'll guide him down to where the prisoner is being held and explain matters as they go.

The other group, just for info, has learned about a play happening a day from today and they are thinking of dragging the others along (this will be relevant later).

Got something in the works, but I’m not entirely sure if it’ll fit. It’s essentially a 6th noble house that set their sights on dominating temples to extend their influence and increase their revenue. My character will be a young new inquisitor (essentially someone who roots out internal threats) from “House Cautura”, as I call it. They’ll have positive relations with Soleil, Brynson, and Dwerstand, the last of whom will be their neighbors, of sorts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back