• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Semi-Generic, Semi Detailed Fantasy RP?

Is there a set date for this to get rolling or is everything still in the mid-preplanning stages?

Maybe a mana musket? You use mana cartridges which fire a powerful bolt of condensed magic energy. It's slow. One cartridge is equal to one shot.

Let me know when it's up. I'm currently watching a ton of fantasy RPs to see which one clicks best with my mage character.

I think what our friend Rusty might be interpreting is a sci-fi energy rifle like you'd see in Star Wars, though that may not be the case our friend Scion is making.

I think the best solution here mayhap be defining what one means by an "energy rifle"? If he means an energy sword that works as a blade with light magic, maybe Scion is referring to a flintlock wherein the munitions it uses are such enchanted as to, when fired, also decimate their foes using light magic, though of course would still require the long process of loading and firing the rifle, perhaps even used more as anti-cavalry or anti-equipment moreso than anti-personel. Of course, this isn't my call.

Also, if you couldn't tell, I am quite interested.

So what's the difference between an energy rifle and a sword that does the same thing?
I think what our friend Rusty might be interpreting is a sci-fi energy rifle like you'd see in Star Wars, though that may not be the case our friend Scion is making.

I think the best solution here mayhap be defining what one means by an "energy rifle"? If he means an energy sword that works as a blade with light magic, maybe Scion is referring to a flintlock wherein the munitions it uses are such enchanted as to, when fired, also decimate their foes using light magic, though of course would still require the long process of loading and firing the rifle, perhaps even used more as anti-cavalry or anti-equipment moreso than anti-personel. Of course, this isn't my call.

Also, if you couldn't tell, I am quite interested.
That's what I was thinking. They would absolutely rip through armor and troops, but be too bulky and expensive to use by infantry (it's basically firing a ball of condensed magical energy. That means a mage has to indivually create each round.) Also, you have a gorgeous profile pic. You're straight from Duwang.

Single action army. Six rounds- more than enough to kill anything that moves. Now. Let me show you why they call me... Revolver...

Alrighty then my holy sword will be devoted to Lyra and His Majesty, the Holy Imperator. My character will treat the Imperator's word as divine and will be fiercely loyal to him as his knight.

So while the OOC/IC starters are being worked on, can we the players have something to occupy ourselves with? Maybe a character sheet template so we can begin making our characters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back