• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Semi-Generic, Semi Detailed Fantasy RP?

Rusty of Shackleford

Nine Thousand Club
Hi! So I really want some fantasy RPs, and I really love group RPs, so I want to do a somewhat generic, semi detailed fantasy RP! I say semi detailed because having a good time is the main goal of this RP. Not making a compelling and engaging world that's filled to the brim with lore and symbolism. Just people making characters, and having those characters live in the world and see what happens. The basic jist of the very loose plot I have is that there are two nations on one section of the world's primary continent of Leros. These are Byrne, a feudal, primarily agricultural society that have a long military and knightly tradition, and a primarily English way of dress and speech. Then there's Lyra, an empire that rose from a series of 100 tribes that were conquered by the Holy Imperetor, the defacto dictator of Lyra. Lyra stands in Stark contrast to Byrne, being highly industrial, imperialistic, and brutal. They have a large army of mages, and use them for scorched earth tactics on their enemies. The Holy Imperetor has somehow bypassed death, and has been alive for almost a millennia. The empire is run mostly by the Council, of which there are thirteen members. And then there's dozens od smaller nations, tribes, cultures, and the like in the world. Magic is of course real in the universe, as well as fantasy races. They usually keep out of human politics, but will get involved if threatened. I have spots open for the Councilmen of Lyra, as well as the Queen of Bryne. I will be playing the Holy Imperetor, as well as the King lf Bryne. But other than that, go wild! Make sure to ask about a concept for your character your not sure about. Anybody interested?

The classics. Dwarves, gnomes, the various flavors of elves, orcs. And then there's more odd one's, like tieflings, merfolk and other sentient sea folk, dragonborn (bipedal dragon people,) and a lot others.

So when you say that Lyra is industrial, do you mean that it's got more manpower available, or that it's actually more technologically advanced?

What’s up with religion? Cause I wanna a guy who has plenty of focus on religious stuff.

Hm. So I'm mulling around a few ideas in my head; but suppose I oughta ask if multiple characters are allowed. Since I'm thinking of having a Councilman, who weaseled the way up the social ladder through various underhanded tactics, but since I imagine the council is a full time job they wouldn't be up adventuring so they'd have essentially a handpicked apprentice doing work for them and training in the world via adventures.

But again yeah I would like to know a general scale of what we are gonna be working with.

Multiple characters are allowed! And religion is pretty prominent. Lyra follow the Holy Imperetor, who they believe to be a god in mortal form, while Byrne follow the Two Faced God's.

Multiple characters are allowed! And religion is pretty prominent. Lyra follow the Holy Imperetor, who they believe to be a god in mortal form, while Byrne follow the Two Faced God's.
Okay cool, can I really use my own headcanon with these two religions or are there like some heavy specifications that I need to focus on?

Interested, hard to go wrong with a bit of the fantasy setting. So uh, asian stand-ins: are they a thing?

I'll wait for a game thread and see what folks throw in before comitting to a character, but leaning Lyra

The technology level varies. For the majority of the world, it's basic medieval technology. For Lyra, however, it's a mixture of late medieval technology (I primative guns and gunpowder,) and magic based technology. And sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back