• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Seeking a Literate Dragon Age Roleplay --->

Peryton

Uh, oh! Spicy!
Hey, everyone! I'm looking for something extremely specific: Dragon Age. I'm obsessed with Dragon Age and have been since it came out. It's my favorite fandom, and I've been writing it consistently since Origins came out. I'm extremely comfortable writing most (if not all, with some persuasion) canons, so if you've been looking for someone to play opposite your character for the angsty, romance-filled adventure of your dreams, you've found the right person. (No, seriously. You really have.)

As a note: Please don't mind the barebones post. I don't really have the know-how for all that fun and fancy post formatting, and trying to mess with HTML hurts my eyes. I promise there's substance here.

So, a bit about me: I am 25+ and really prefer that my partners be at least 20+, but as long as you're 18+, I'm happy. The reasoning for this is twofold: Firstly, I'm a SPED teacher and some of my students are in the high school age range, so writing with people that age feels a bit weird to me. It's nothing against you, it just tickles that border of "unprofessional" a little too closely for my liking. Secondly, I expect that the role play will have some blood, gore, and such. I live on the East Coast, which means I'm in the ET Timezone. I'm also ghost friendly. I know that I personally prefer to be ghosted than to have someone tell me they think I stink at writing, so if you ever feel you need to leave the roleplay and don't feel comfortable telling me why, please feel free to guiltlessly fade into the sunset. I'll miss you, but I'll wish you well (and I won't put you on some kind of weird RP blacklist).

Here are my "rules of engagement":

1. I am very comfortable with my writing skills and am multi-para. When I get rolling, my posts are usually 500 - 1000 words depending on circumstance. I won't be running your posts through a word counter (because I don't care), but keep in mind that if you want substance, I'm gonna need something to respond to.

2. I double and I need to insist that you do as well. I've been in situations before where I've written 5+ canons opposite of my partner's one (1) OC, and while I'm sure it was a blast for them, it wore me down really quickly. The role play is more fun when we share the work and bring in and take over NPCs as needed to keep the scene flowing.

3. OC x Canon is where it's at. I want this to be the roleplay where you FINALLY get that good, good writing you've always wanted.

4. Romance is a must for me. I'm not saying that we need to turn this into a big Thedas themed slice of life role play, but, you know. It makes the angst tastier.

5. I post very regularly. I work 8-4 Monday through Friday (ET, remember) and am usually unavailable to post during those times because my school is still in-person and I need to be available to my students and coworkers. That being said, my evenings are usually free, and you can reliably count on me to crank out a post (or several) over the course of each evening unless I tell you otherwise. I'd love for you to be able to post once a day, but I honestly don't care as long as we get a few posts per week.

6. I am VERY friendly and love to chat/gush about our characters OOC. Even if you don't have the energy to post, feel free to hit me up with some headcanons/character talk/general nonsense.

The Plots I'm Looking For:

I'm still heavy into Inquisition. I'm not super interested in doing anything Origins related, but I could probably vibe with Dragon Age 2. I'm very AU Friendly, as long as it still makes sense. That is: We can probably work around most deaths and give redemption arks to people who might not deserve them, but I want to stay in Thedas. My hard boundary is that I will not change any gay characters to be in a mxf romance. It makes me super uncomfortable to do so (as I'm gay myself). I AM open to having straight characters be in mxm or fxf romances, and if that makes me a hypocrite I literally don't care :) I'm also happy to introduce canons from the other games into Inquisition, so if your dream is to smooch Fenris while keeping warm in Haven, I can make that happen for you.

I'm happy to play through the plot of Inquisition as it stands, maybe with a focus on what happens between the huge events instead of role playing through every little side-mission. We can make our own side-missions. We're competent. If you have any AUs or ideas you're dying to try, PLEASE let me know! As I said before, I'm very AU friendly and I want you to be excited about our plot(s).

My AU idea:

1. The original Inquisitor is killed early in the game, probably before the attack on Haven. This means The Gang needs to find some sort of replacement, leaning heavily on their mages (and Solas, who appears to be heavily sweating) to come up with a) a willing victim volunteer, and b) a way to create an artificial but functioning Anchor to apply to them. This volunteer gets thrown right into the chaos, possibly with a mark which doesn't always work the way it should and may be a source of pain. The plot proceeds sort of as normal from there, but we have options: Maybe the Anchor starts to fail and needs more power pumped into it, at the expense of the new Inquisitor's health. Maybe the opposite happens, and the Anchor quickly becomes too powerful to be easily controlled. Tons to play with, here!
In this rp, I'd be happy to play either an OC Companion and Canon OR the New Inquisitor and a Canon. I prefer playing a companion as my OC, however.

The Canons I Love to Play
Bold means I'm REALLY comfortable writing them. Bold and green means I'd be interesting in having my OC romance them, but I'm also just as happy to write them for your OC!

Solas
Cullen

Cassandra
Varric
Loghain
Samson
Cole
Sera
Dorian

Isabella
Sebastian
Fenris
Anders

Alistair
Zevran
Jowan

Morrigan

And I think that's it! There might be more on the list than I can remember, so if you're super interested in a certain character, just ask. You can either post your interest here, or you can PM me! I hope to hear from ya'll soon!

Last edited:
Hey! I’d love to write with you based on inquisition . I’m actually looking for someone to write a pretty obscure character though. Pm me if you’re interested?

I'm also open for a dragon age RP, if you're still looking. I have a handful of AU ideas left over from a partner who left that I'd be interested in trying again. Also I'd be more then happy to play Samson for you, I just gotta go stare at clips of him for a while.

I'm also open for a dragon age RP, if you're still looking. I have a handful of AU ideas left over from a partner who left that I'd be interested in trying again. Also I'd be more then happy to play Samson for you, I just gotta go stare at clips of him for a while.
Cool! Wanna shoot me a PM? We can get plotting!

If you're still looking I'd be happy to start up a dragon age role-play. I absolutely love the games and must have played Inquisition like 4 times fully through

If your still open I'm interested. Would you be able to play Solas for my oc?

Last edited:
Im super interested! Id be comfortable playing any Inquisition character and Im very comfortable with Dragon Age lore!

Hey, everyone! I'm looking for something extremely specific: Dragon Age. I'm obsessed with Dragon Age and have been since it came out. It's my favorite fandom, and I've been writing it consistently since Origins came out. I'm extremely comfortable writing most (if not all, with some persuasion) canons, so if you've been looking for someone to play opposite your character for the angsty, romance-filled adventure of your dreams, you've found the right person. (No, seriously. You really have.)

As a note: Please don't mind the barebones post. I don't really have the know-how for all that fun and fancy post formatting, and trying to mess with HTML hurts my eyes. I promise there's substance here.

So, a bit about me: I am 25+ and really prefer that my partners be at least 20+, but as long as you're 18+, I'm happy. The reasoning for this is twofold: Firstly, I'm a SPED teacher and some of my students are in the high school age range, so writing with people that age feels a bit weird to me. It's nothing against you, it just tickles that border of "unprofessional" a little too closely for my liking. Secondly, I expect that the role play will have some blood, gore, and such. I live on the East Coast, which means I'm in the ET Timezone. I'm also ghost friendly. I know that I personally prefer to be ghosted than to have someone tell me they think I stink at writing, so if you ever feel you need to leave the roleplay and don't feel comfortable telling me why, please feel free to guiltlessly fade into the sunset. I'll miss you, but I'll wish you well (and I won't put you on some kind of weird RP blacklist).

Here are my "rules of engagement":

1. I am very comfortable with my writing skills and am multi-para. When I get rolling, my posts are usually 500 - 1000 words depending on circumstance. I won't be running your posts through a word counter (because I don't care), but keep in mind that if you want substance, I'm gonna need something to respond to.

2. I double and I need to insist that you do as well. I've been in situations before where I've written 5+ canons opposite of my partner's one (1) OC, and while I'm sure it was a blast for them, it wore me down really quickly. The role play is more fun when we share the work and bring in and take over NPCs as needed to keep the scene flowing.

3. OC x Canon is where it's at. I want this to be the roleplay where you FINALLY get that good, good writing you've always wanted.

4. Romance is a must for me. I'm not saying that we need to turn this into a big Thedas themed slice of life role play, but, you know. It makes the angst tastier.

5. I post very regularly. I work 8-4 Monday through Friday (ET, remember) and am usually unavailable to post during those times because my school is still in-person and I need to be available to my students and coworkers. That being said, my evenings are usually free, and you can reliably count on me to crank out a post (or several) over the course of each evening unless I tell you otherwise. I'd love for you to be able to post once a day, but I honestly don't care as long as we get a few posts per week.

6. I am VERY friendly and love to chat/gush about our characters OOC. Even if you don't have the energy to post, feel free to hit me up with some headcanons/character talk/general nonsense.

The Plots I'm Looking For:

I'm still heavy into Inquisition. I'm not super interested in doing anything Origins related, but I could probably vibe with Dragon Age 2. I'm very AU Friendly, as long as it still makes sense. That is: We can probably work around most deaths and give redemption arks to people who might not deserve them, but I want to stay in Thedas. My hard boundary is that I will not change any gay characters to be in a mxf romance. It makes me super uncomfortable to do so (as I'm gay myself). I AM open to having straight characters be in mxm or fxf romances, and if that makes me a hypocrite I literally don't care :) I'm also happy to introduce canons from the other games into Inquisition, so if your dream is to smooch Fenris while keeping warm in Haven, I can make that happen for you.

I'm happy to play through the plot of Inquisition as it stands, maybe with a focus on what happens between the huge events instead of role playing through every little side-mission. We can make our own side-missions. We're competent. If you have any AUs or ideas you're dying to try, PLEASE let me know! As I said before, I'm very AU friendly and I want you to be excited about our plot(s).

My AU idea:

1. The original Inquisitor is killed early in the game, probably before the attack on Haven. This means The Gang needs to find some sort of replacement, leaning heavily on their mages (and Solas, who appears to be heavily sweating) to come up with a) a willing victim volunteer, and b) a way to create an artificial but functioning Anchor to apply to them. This volunteer gets thrown right into the chaos, possibly with a mark which doesn't always work the way it should and may be a source of pain. The plot proceeds sort of as normal from there, but we have options: Maybe the Anchor starts to fail and needs more power pumped into it, at the expense of the new Inquisitor's health. Maybe the opposite happens, and the Anchor quickly becomes too powerful to be easily controlled. Tons to play with, here!
In this rp, I'd be happy to play either an OC Companion and Canon OR the New Inquisitor and a Canon. I prefer playing a companion as my OC, however.

The Canons I Love to Play
Bold means I'm REALLY comfortable writing them. Bold and green means I'd be interesting in having my OC romance them, but I'm also just as happy to write them for your OC!

Solas
Cullen

Cassandra
Varric
Loghain
Samson
Cole
Sera
Dorian

Isabella
Sebastian
Fenris
Anders

Alistair
Zevran
Jowan

Morrigan

And I think that's it! There might be more on the list than I can remember, so if you're super interested in a certain character, just ask. You can either post your interest here, or you can PM me! I hope to hear from ya'll soon!
Heya! I saw your post and I'm definitely interested in roleplaying with you! I've been playing Dragon Age since I was young and basically grew up with the games. I'm 22, nonbinary, but my pronouns are she/her they/them. I've had this one OC that I wrote back when I was 15 or so and I always had her story linked up with Cullen's story. If you're interested and wanna know more, I'd be happy to send you her background and story! ^^ Look forward to hearing back from you!

Heya! I saw your post and I'm definitely interested in roleplaying with you! I've been playing Dragon Age since I was young and basically grew up with the games. I'm 22, nonbinary, but my pronouns are she/her they/them. I've had this one OC that I wrote back when I was 15 or so and I always had her story linked up with Cullen's story. If you're interested and wanna know more, I'd be happy to send you her background and story! ^^ Look forward to hearing back from you!
Hey, there! I would love to hear it. Feel free to shoot me a PM!

If you are still looking for partners, I would be interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back