• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
BuggaBoo BuggaBoo Yes, that is absolutely fine if you want her to have come to the Institute at age 10; no age limits there! There are no Fey factions in Boston or pretty much anywhere in the human world because the Fey have their own royal courts in a dimension separate from the human one. As such, they are a very close-knit, mysterious people who largely keep to their own affairs. The Fey are divided into two royal courts: the Seelie Court and the Unseelie Court, the difference being that the Seelie Court will occasionally engage with Shadowhunters and the human world and are the more angelic of the two. They aren't necessarily kind toward humans, but are more likely to mess with them in a way that they deem fun. Their world is populated with beautiful and pure magical creatures like unicorns. Whereas the Unseelie Court has a more demonic nature. They are openly hostile and malevolent toward humans without provocation and tend to disregard Shadowhunter Accords (the laws with which they maintain order in the Downworld). The Unseelie Court is populated by goblins, satyrs, and other macabre species. Given your girl's affinity for darkness, I would posit that it's more likely she's descended from the Unseelie Court.
k awesomes. But sorry boss more questions lol

- So like can mundanes see her wing when she was a kid? Like thinking its quite obvious and she'd leave like giant feathers around when she molts lol
- Would demons be hunting her when she was a kid since she is part demon blooded? And how would the institute in boston feel about taking such a creature in?

Cuz feel iffy if her story checks out canon-wise. Sooooo liiiiike heres the notes of her back story so far:

- Switched at birth as changeling in Western Canada. Parents find out she has a wing growing out her back and that when she cries she makes people sick. They try to keep her as long as possible but as a toddler she cries, infects the fam dog and it becomes a demon.
- A pair that had been watching the infant swoop in and take her away. Her new foster parents are sorta unorthodox downworlders; one a neph the other a warlock. They keep her locked in an attic telling her she all special kind of Angel and that she is sick. They will take care of her; they are her Doctor Parents. And they have to do 'arcane medicinal treatments' on her to keep her alive cuz she sooooo special. But all they really doing is experimenting on her and making her cry so that they can get her tears and figure out a cure for Demon Pox.
- By now she discovers that she can maniupulate shadows but she's afraid to tell her 'parents' cuz she thinks that they will abandon her like her real parents did. Like since she is such a speeeeeecial little angel she thinks that shadow manipulation would make her impure. So she cultivates it but hides it from them.
- At age 10 she grows her other wing instantly and has the Fey urge to be free and cause chaos. She manages to escape and fly away.
- On the road she hides and runs hides and runs as she 'looks for her angellic kind' but instead meets a pack of demons and she is saved by a witch/shaman.
- The shaman takes her in and figures out that this is the child that the pair of 'downworlder alchemists' were working on. So they take her to the boston institute where she is raised. And to keep her out of trouble they sorta gaslight her too and give her honourary position of 'night watch' or something like a special spy/sentry. Like she's good at it but they really don't need her to be a spy/sentry since they all are Neph Shadowhunters lol. But they like having her around and she's an extra set of eyes and unshakeably loyal to them. Like still annoying and delusional but good hearted nonetheless

does this work?

Aviator Aviator I know warlocks have a distinct demon like feature. Would a cat like eyes or perhaps a cat tail be an okay feature for my warlock gal? I like the idea of her nickname being Black Cat or Kitty 🥰

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo Mundanes have a tough time perceiving elements of the Shadow world or anything that breaks their perceived notions of reality. Upon seeing Kicks with her wings they are likely to think that they are fake wings part of a costume, or if they see her in flight, that she's a large bird. Mundanes with no prior exposure to Shadowhunters or the Downworld will probably see the giant feathers from her molting but won't associate it with her unless they've been conditioned to see through glamours. Otherwise they just take everything at face value and their minds fill in the blanks as necessary. As for demons hunting Kicks, that's unlikely to have ever occurred; demons sense Shadowhunters due to the presence of angelic blood, and while Kicks does have angel blood on account of faerie heritage, she has a higher proportion of demon blood, yes? If anything, Shadowhunters are more likely to mistake her for a demon and hunt her, having never encountered her unique Unseelie faerie-demon species before. And perhaps if you'd like this is how Kicks makes first contact with the Boston Institute, inadvertently when some younger, more inexperienced Shadowhunter trainees try to kill her? XD So the only part of that history that may not work is her being hunted by demons, as they are likely to sorta-kinda-but-not-really consider her one of them, at least to the same extent as warlocks. So a half-breed. She gets a pass to live, but she doesn't get to join the cult. Does this make sense?

Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1 Absolutely! You can have any sort of warlock mark you'd like, they take almost infinite forms.

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo Mundanes have a tough time perceiving elements of the Shadow world or anything that breaks their perceived notions of reality. Upon seeing Kicks with her wings they are likely to think that they are fake wings part of a costume, or if they see her in flight, that she's a large bird. Mundanes with no prior exposure to Shadowhunters or the Downworld will probably see the giant feathers from her molting but won't associate it with her unless they've been conditioned to see through glamours. Otherwise they just take everything at face value and their minds fill in the blanks as necessary. As for demons hunting Kicks, that's unlikely to have ever occurred; demons sense Shadowhunters due to the presence of angelic blood, and while Kicks does have angel blood on account of faerie heritage, she has a higher proportion of demon blood, yes? If anything, Shadowhunters are more likely to mistake her for a demon and hunt her, having never encountered her unique Unseelie faerie-demon species before. And perhaps if you'd like this is how Kicks makes first contact with the Boston Institute, inadvertently when some younger, more inexperienced Shadowhunter trainees try to kill her? XD So the only part of that history that may not work is her being hunted by demons, as they are likely to sorta-kinda-but-not-really consider her one of them, at least to the same extent as warlocks. So a half-breed. She gets a pass to live, but she doesn't get to join the cult. Does this make sense?
K awesomes. Yeah makes sense. And I can finish her back story now.

Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1 Absolutely! You can have any sort of warlock mark you'd like, they take almost infinite forms.
Sweet! Thank you! And they only have one trait right? Like I couldn’t have her with purple cat eyes and a black cat tail?

Gonna be finishing up my three characters hopefully this weekend.

My characters are.

Calista Verlac - From an old Shadowhunter family. She is covered in runes and snake jewelry/weapons. Since her family crest is a serpent.

Maddox Volkova - A vampire male he is the current leader of the vampire clan. However he likes to keep that on the down low often having someone who looks much older step in when someone wishes to speak with him. Only a select few know he’s the real leader.

Cecelia Dracul - A warlock who is blind. A dangerous spell went wrong one day causing her blindness. No warlock so far has been able to fix the damage. Her warlock mark is that she has bat wings.

Last edited:
Would you mind looking Calista over real quick? I’m just needing to add her written personality out(she’s a party animal and a daredevil lmao). Also adding her history which shouldn’t take much longer. I just wanna check that everything looks ok so far. Aviator Aviator

Would you mind looking Calista over real quick? I’m just needing to add her written personality out(she’s a party animal and a daredevil lmao). Also adding her history which shouldn’t take much longer. I just wanna check that everything looks ok so far. Aviator Aviator
She will get along with my babes! I am certainly brining in my firecracker, flirty, love life to die young gal!

Awesome! Oh yes I also had a question about Parabatai is that gonna be included in this? If so I’d love for Calista to have someone if anyone is interested.

Wolfiee Wolfiee Yes indeed parabatai exist in this universe! Pretty much all of the canon lore applies, just not necessarily the canon characters.
Great! That leads to my next question would you want a pair to already be established or could we have a parabatai ceremony during the rp for some fun? Since Minerva and Calista were hoping to be a pair of parabatai! 🖤

Hey hey everyone, how are character sheets coming along? Does anyone have any questions? Mine is about halfway done now and I'm aiming to have my babe finished up in the next few days!

I’m just adding backstory for Calista and my other ones will be up this week! Just mainly working on backstories.

Hullo hullo everyone, how y'all doing, both with character sheets and in general? My gal is almost done, I promise she'll be ready to go by Halloween! And then Silas and Kicks won't be the only finished characters, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back