• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Aviator

are you laughing at my brother?
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Click me for the CS thread!!!

tumblr_p5x155O4st1urdwd4o1_500.gifv

Welcome to the modern 2023 Boston Institute, disguised as an abandoned university for mundanes. Of course, you don't see it that way—or else you wouldn't be here, would you?

Established by the ever-esteemed Ravenscar family in the mid-19th century, the Boston Institute has been a safe haven for thousands in the Shadow World for as long as even some warlocks can remember.

But something is different.

shadowhunters-magnusbane.gif

The Institute has been under increasingly strict regulation by the Clave ever since its current leader, Mariel Ravenscar, announced her engagement to fellow Shadowhunter and long-time girlfriend, Sage Starkweather. Outraged that Mariel would take a wife, the highly traditional Ravenscar family publicly disowned her. Due to the Ravenscars' considerable influence, a majority of Shadowhunters are now pressuring the Clave to revoke Mariel and Sage's leadership, voicing abrasive criticism.

Lately things are happening in the city of Boston, things beyond the Shadowhunters’ control. Mundanes have started to turn up missing one after the other, seemingly without rhyme or reason. With the intent of sabotaging Mariel with an unsolvable puzzle, the Council has raised a proposition to the Clave, which they’ve accepted.

If Mariel Ravenscar and fiancée Sage cannot determine the reason behind the disappearances—and stop whoever is at the bottom of them—Mariel will lose her birthright to the Institute, and worse, the Shadowhunter children under her care.

ff27ab3aa8b1c61bd670ea009f34d193.gif

PLOT;; We’re going to play as a group of teenage and young adult Shadowhunters who’ve grown up together at the Boston Institute, along with a few Downworlder—werewolves, vampires, warlocks, and faeries—allies. It’s up to them to save their beloved guardian and mentor and the Boston Institute as they know it. When they first heard of the Clave’s proclamation, they decided immediately that they’d take the task upon themselves to keep their family from being torn apart.

But there’s more to it than that. They obviously have their own relationships to maintain too, some of which may involve Downworlders, non-hetero romantic interests, and substance use. Some of these activities must be kept secret, as the Clave will use any firepower it can get to overturn Mariel and Sage's leadership.

Rules and expectations: While it’s not required that you’ve read the Mortal Instruments books or seen the Shadowhunters television show to join this RP, please be aware that these are the source material! It definitely can’t hurt to familiarize yourself with it a little bit, but we will also be willing to help out newcomers to understand the universe and its rules as necessary. On another note, please be aware that this is an advanced RP, so 3+ paragraphs per post! It’s A-okay if English isn’t your first language, but please do try your best with spelling and grammar unless it pertains to dialogue. Please be able and willing to post on the RP thread at least once every two weeks; don’t make me have to hunt you down for replies. In this AU universe RP, we'll only be playing OCs—so no canon characters—and please keep the Shadowhunter wards of the Institute between ages 15-21. Conversely, Downworlders can be however old you want! Also, your Shadowhunter characters may be part of the canon families, i.e. Herondales, Fairchilds, Lightwoods, etc.

Thank y'all very much for your time and attention if you've read this far! Keep an eye out for a link to character sheets, which I'll be sending out shortly, and please don't hesitate to ask any questions.

d9chem8-ce6befd6-bab2-41e0-9242-e27c43d0d309.gif

Last edited:
Hi!!

What is Goooood! Interested cuz sooooo craving Urban Fantasy, but don't know this one. Soooo like not familiar with the whole Clave lore but like i did a quick study on the wiki but thinkin watching the movie can be a chill date night flix so i can check it out and figure it out from there.

I have an idea for a werewolf but need to figure out this boston palace boot camp thingie where the kids will be at.

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo First off, so good to see you, chaos twin!! 🤩 Second off, the Boston Institute is where the Shadowhunter/Nephilim kids live and train to slay demons, so if your character is a werewolf, they'll be familiar with the Institute, but will never have resided there unless they were a Shadowhunter prior to being Turned. That being the case, your werewolf can have whatever kind of relationship with the Shadowhunters you like, but generally the Shadowhunters have more authoritative/legal power than Downworlders due to their intense solidarity over their Heavenly Mandate, and a lot of them look down on Downworlders as a result. Downworlders include werewolves, vampires, warlocks, and faeries.

Wolfiee Wolfiee BOKEH. BOKEH. Welcome, and thank you guys for your interest!!! Character sheets thread shall be up soon.

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo First off, so good to see you, chaos twin!! 🤩 Second off, the Boston Institute is where the Shadowhunter/Nephilim kids live and train to slay demons, so if your character is a werewolf, they'll be familiar with the Institute, but will never have resided there unless they were a Shadowhunter prior to being Turned. That being the case, your werewolf can have whatever kind of relationship with the Shadowhunters you like, but generally the Shadowhunters have more authoritative/legal power than Downworlders due to their intense solidarity over their Heavenly Mandate, and a lot of them look down on Downworlders as a result. Downworlders include werewolves, vampires, warlocks, and faeries.

Wolfiee Wolfiee BOKEH. BOKEH. Welcome, and thank you guys for your interest!!! Character sheets thread shall be up soon.
What's good boss!

K just listened to a summary of book one and perused the fandom wiki.

Sooooo like what do werewolves do except hate.on vamps? Like what's their problem lol and is it just were.wolves for lycanthropes?

Oh and do.you have an ooc? Cuz I gots this feeling Imma bomb it with questions. Cuz me.

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo There's just some bad blood between vampires and werewolves, like it's an ancestral instinct for them to be on edge around one another. Anyway, werewolves possess superhuman strength, speed, endurance, etc. when both in and out of wolf form, and unlike in some other literatures, they can transform completely at will and even transform partially. They heal at an accelerated rate compared to humans, though they won't regenerate limbs. They also have keener senses, however other Downworlder species, werewolves are not immortal and will age. Humans are turned into werewolves when either scratched or bitten. While there are some lone wolves, most werewolves prefer to stay in packs led by an alpha wolf. The packs are civilized and will oftentimes inhabit buildings that once belonged to regular humans. They have laws that govern behavior, and the Praetor Lupus is in charge of regulating order and making sure that werewolves all find their place in society, meaning that they find packs for newly turned werewolves and explain their new condition. Use this page for further reference, but lemme know if you have any other questions!

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo There's just some bad blood between vampires and werewolves, like it's an ancestral instinct for them to be on edge around one another. Anyway, werewolves possess superhuman strength, speed, endurance, etc. when both in and out of wolf form, and unlike in some other literatures, they can transform completely at will and even transform partially. They heal at an accelerated rate compared to humans, though they won't regenerate limbs. They also have keener senses, however other Downworlder species, werewolves are not immortal and will age. Humans are turned into werewolves when either scratched or bitten. While there are some lone wolves, most werewolves prefer to stay in packs led by an alpha wolf. The packs are civilized and will oftentimes inhabit buildings that once belonged to regular humans. They have laws that govern behavior, and the Praetor Lupus is in charge of regulating order and making sure that werewolves all find their place in society, meaning that they find packs for newly turned werewolves and explain their new condition. Use this page for further reference, but lemme know if you have any other questions!
K thx. Yeah I'd seen that wiki and so like if Nephalim hunt demons then werewolves hunt Vampires? Like what I meant by "what's their problem?" Is like I seen that it's just tradition but like... if it's traditional then thinkin my charrie would go against that.

That's why I asked if there was other werecreatures like bears or tiger or birds since.inkniw there is a Lupus guy that holds an order to wolf society so I'd rather do a less rigid socially structured werecreature.

K well will wait for OOC thread to bomb more questions then.

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo Unfortunately there's no other species of werecreatures in this universe, just the werewolves. They don't hunt vampires per se, but the two of them are unlikely to get along due to an ancient blood feud between the respective demons who created both species. At this point it really is just an absent-minded prejudice with little substance, because violent attacks are illegal and would be punished under Nephilim law. So you can totally have your character not buy into it and befriend vampires! If you want, I'm perfectly fine with you making your werewolf have no allegiances to a pack and kinda lives on the fringes of society. For whatever reason, maybe they either rejected the pack life or got kicked out of one and have fallen in with the Nephilim at the Institute as a sort of pseudo-family?

DevilshDamien DevilshDamien We have tons of spots still open! Please check out the CS thread, and I look forward to seeing what kind of character you create. :D

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo Unfortunately there's no other species of werecreatures in this universe, just the werewolves. They don't hunt vampires per se, but the two of them are unlikely to get along due to an ancient blood feud between the respective demons who created both species. At this point it really is just an absent-minded prejudice with little substance, because violent attacks are illegal and would be punished under Nephilim law. So you can totally have your character not buy into it and befriend vampires! If you want, I'm perfectly fine with you making your werewolf have no allegiances to a pack and kinda lives on the fringes of society. For whatever reason, maybe they either rejected the pack life or got kicked out of one and have fallen in with the Nephilim at the Institute as a sort of pseudo-family?

DevilshDamien DevilshDamien We have tons of spots still open! Please check out the CS thread, and I look forward to seeing what kind of character you create. :D
Bruh then like if they don't even have a real reason to hate each other then that's worse. Bruh its just like flat out racism after that. Hard pass.

Thinkin it's Wild Court Fey it is for me then lol

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo Hahaha, just because you asked so nicely, one will be up tonight. In the meantime, feel free to ask questions here! Don't feel bad about posting.
Awesomes. tysm. but no, i dont like to do OOC here and spam inerest chk. it feeeeeellllsss... like disrespectful to others that are looking to just garner interest and we are just bumpin to the top with each post... like this one i'm doin rn lol just gunna wait k boss?

is this still active by any chance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back