• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Ryken City] Turnabout Underground

Iduna Isra

Iduna_Isra.jpg

What were they staring at...? Such a strange trio.

Ida turned her gaze outside, still attempting to find her way through the crowd. One of her duties as a singer was that of a 'host' of sorts- to assure her guests that she had them in mind- and perhaps take requests if the song was well known.

Of course- this duty was taken amongst a very different crowd when she was with her former employer... who perhaps had more dubious means in mind... this time, however, Ida's newfound curiosity was taking her by force out the door of the inn, skirts hiked up as she quietly approached the group outside. She politely let the skirts fall as she bowed and gave a light smile- one that didn't reach her eyes.

"Good day." The girl nodded in greeting to them all, taking a second look over the small gathering to attempt to gain more information.

"...I hope my performance was to your liking."

She repeated the words as she had done many times before, to many different clients.

Aemon Clyde
interactions: NeramoDJI NeramoDJI VictoryatLast VictoryatLast Silent Angel Silent Angel Etymarchen Etymarchen Shirokane Shirokane Discusstu Discusstu
d6aa5e83aa6336cf7eec01cdebd15b9d.jpg

Aemon frowned when he was told the plan was to leave in the night. That was one of the most basic plays in the book, if they stuck out during the day then they would definitely stick out at night. If they eft in groups then it wouldn't look as suspicious but that would put them in danger of being attacked in groups. Aemon would have at east expected some kind of defensible position they would go to once the group had gathered up, not just stay in the Inn they met at for several hours. A thought occurred to him that instead of a little dangerous fun that he had wanted, maybe it would be more suicidal then he had thought. He was going to ask some more questions but decided against it when the singer approached.

Aemon nodded and gave the woman a smile. Now that she was closer Aemon could see that she looked as charming as her voice sounded. "Yes Ma'am. You are quiet the performer." He said in agreement to her question. He wanted to pursue the question of there plan more but not while the singer was here. That was unless in some case she was tied into this mess one way or another.

Last edited:
John Brown

ezequiel-dominguez-practica-22-siegward.png

John eyed her before giving her a small nod. "I can tell that you can think and act accordingly. Anyone with ears can. But some people don't care. So just watch out for yourself." He poured some of the grapes and nuts in his other palm, with the bird, to let her feast, as he walked closer to the singer. He stopped a few feet from her, silent as he waited for the bird's response. It had been a nice performance, but something in her voice told him that she was not fully asking the question, so he wouldn't respond with an answer. After all, the bird should be able to cover any sort of questions for her.​

< VII >

zwRHxxn.jpg

Indeed, there were many people out there that didn't care.

Many people, including herself.

Eating the rest of the grapes and nuts in his palm as she watched--staring, observing the change in the scene the John Brown would finally retreat out of the more secluded location of the tavern, it would soon come to be that two things would reach her observations:

Firstly: a long-haired individual of dark hair--her skin a deep, enigmatic hue whom, beneath the radiation of light, would shimmer almost with a certain cool shade of blue--her eyes, forlorn, an iciness that stood out almost like stars upon a deep canvas.

Second, and most non-unidentifiably...

“Ah! Human! A human, she would be, rather than a siren whose song derives from hypnotic allure," would begin the bird's musing, "yet I cannot pretend at the end of the day that such a performance could not sing greatly of expertise in its performance--almost metric, perfected at its every technique...never failing even once to fall off rhythm!"

The individual's voice, even as it no longer sang, was more than identifiable to belong to that of the songstress from before. Even as the bird had not been able to catch on to each and every piece of the performance (what with that white beast's terrible barking over their ears), she still could offer her assessment, could she not?

"Indeed, Lady Songstress--! You have made quite a powerful impression, indeed. For I could not help but find myself, not only enraptured by the beauty of your song, but too the surprise thereof your otherworldly beauty. I ask thus: would she, the lady songstress, be but a beautiful, lonesome foreign singer from yonder? She whose voice rang like crystalline shimmers--a voice, cold, mysterious, yet so alluring in its range! Yes, I ask with much desire to know, to learn further of such a mysterious beauty—might it be possible, so, that I may learn of more to the source of this beautiful performance?

Lady Songstress, with the tranquil of ice and a voice reminiscent of the cold shimmers of frost, would you be so kind as to tell me the name of the song you had performed? Too, might I ask of your name?”

Last edited:
Stormbreaker
Stormbreaker seemed to wait for an answer as she sat there waiting. Finally, her food arrived, only for her to let out a deep sigh of relief as she looked over at the bartender. She just seems relieved in the long run, taking off the lower faceplate of the armor to eat. She turned to look at the bartender as she wondered how much it was going to be. "How much would this be, madam? For the ale, bread and the stew. I mean."

The dragon asked that question. She looked at John as he explained what was going on here. "Protecting the lawyer from the crime lord? Seems like a simple job. I'm all for it." Stormbreaker said, as she turned her attention to the bartender again, handing her a small bag of gold coins. "This should be enough."

"So, we're bursting up some bad guys? Is that it? Do I get paid for this?" Stormbreaker asked, completely lost in thought as she placed the lower face plate of her armor on the table. She seemed to be out of it completely until somebody else...came up to the table. Ah, is that the singer I was hearing earlier...? The dragon thought to herself.

"You know....your singing was really nice." Stormbreaker said in acknowledgement. She went back to focusing on eating her stew while it was still hot after all, looking around the table for a split second before noticing the bird. That bird is interesting. Stormbreaker thought to herself before turning her attention back to her meal firsthand.

Interactions: NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Etymarchen Etymarchen Silent Angel Silent Angel VictoryatLast VictoryatLast Dante Verren Dante Verren

Iduna Isra

Iduna_Isra.jpg

She nodded with a light, very practiced smile as she glanced stealthily back at the group within the inn.

“I’m comforted by such-“

Suddenly then, however, was her attention taken by the small bird in the hands of the onion helmet knight- a bird of eloquent words and large stomach, it seemed…

Despite Iduna’s usual inability to be surprised by ecstatic praise from clientele… this was a rather strange occurrence. Never in the land of Ryke had she been complemented by the chirping— rather shrieking, of a bird…

Her eye went wide, her posture stiffened, as she very quickly found herself unable to form her usual rehearsed script.

“I…” Iduna felt her hands grow cold. Colder and colder still would they become from her past experience. “I am… pleased… at your…my name? My name is… Iduna?” The girl blinked, still incredibly stiff as she remembered her entire reasoning for arriving outside the tavern. Taking a deep breath, her odd sudden lack of composure froze over to the usual icy exterior of the songstress.

“You seem to have gained quite some attention from the inside.” Her gaze swept from the bird to the lawyer.

The group inside the inn watched the group, pulling a barmaid aside and speaking with her, pointing outside and handing her some money. The barmaid looked around a moment, nodding softly and walking towards the back, before one of them grabbed her, making a gesture to the rest of them, with the one in the middle making a comment before poking the one who grabbed the maids eyes, slapping him on the cheek, with the third making a comment and getting another slap.

Back outside, Neramo turned towards the singer, slowly raising an eyebrow. "So it would seem." He commented idly, looking towards her. "The performance was fine enough." He said slowly, turning up towards his food once more, as a bit of annoyance creased his brow at the verbose response of the bird being held by John, desperately wishing they had simply let the dog at her. But alas, they didn't, and removing it himself would be a case of assault most likely, and as such breaking the law, which he would never do. Instead, he vied to simply stand up, glancing towards her. "Though, I'm sure you'd be pleasing many more inside than our small group outside. They seemed quite enthralled with your performance from the rampant cheering." He said, hoping to get the singer away from his group, since the less outsiders involved meant the less odds of them being an assassin. And he'd be lying if he said he didn't suspect the singer. It was often the talented ones who were the most dangerous.

The barmaid looked at John, waiting for the payment before her fellow barmaid came up and whispered in her ear, nodding afterwards. "Oh dear, nevermind that payment Mister. It appears someone else has paid for this here meal of yours." She said cheerily, beginning to walk off back inside. She didn't really seem to care who paid as long as someone did, so with that she went off to help out the other customers.

"And yes, you do get paid to... bust up bad guys, as you put it." Neramo commented back at Stormbreaker, sighing to himself as he began to eat some of the bread he had set aside. "Thank you for bringing their attention to my own attention." He commented at the singer, looking over his table idly. He began to idly scratch at the bread, fidgeting slowly himself.

John Brown

The guard's eyebrow raised at the flurry of compliments coming from the bird. It was interesting hearing so much flowery language, but in all that, it seemed like the bird just wanted to be introduced to the singer. So, with a shrug, the large man kept holding her up to talk, the large man only noting the falter in the woman's posture for a few moments before she hid her emotions once again behind something he remembered as being called a court mask. However, for the time being, he didn't really care why she had the mask up, so instead his attention turned to the lawyer. His eyebrow still raised under his armor, he said, plainly, "Normally people don't say to a performer that their performance was 'Fine enough' to their face. Most people might take that as an insult over a compliment.

< VII >

zwRHxxn.jpg

Oh?

Oho?

Ohohoho?

A sense of curiosity overtook her as she came to realize the singer's--dubbed "Iduna's"--seemingly strange turn for reactions.

Though Seven did not proclaim herself to be any form of an expert on the body language of others (having spent much of her life without the ability to even distinguish darkness), the general notions and hearsays that she did pick up--that which had taught her of terms such as "widen" and "enlargen" still taught her just enough to make note:

"Iduna--a lovely, beautiful name for a maiden such as you--it must be that the snow is envious of the composite of your nature. Though glaciers and blizzards may be powerful in their nature, neither may, regardless of their pure white color, be capable of matching the shine of your song~!" She had found herself encouraged by the woman's confusion. Incredibly, incredibly encouraged. "My lady, I find myself at cold feet in your presence!...As if I have been enraptured...!"

The bird winked.

"Perhaps time had frozen the moment you had seized my heart~!"

Iduna Isra

Iduna_Isra.jpg

Without much movement, she turned back to the lawyer, a cold neutral expression on her face as her eyes drifted sideways to the guard.
"...Do not fear too much." The songstress's posture straightened, the air growing ever so slightly... colder.

"After all, I am unable to take offense at such a notion. Along with this, I doubt there is much sincerity in the words of those inside. In less than a week, perhaps two..."

She glanced at the bird.

"The frozen moment of bliss... melts away with time. They will not remember me." Iduna folded her hands behind her back, her composure no longer shaking at flowery language. The girl turned her gaze up towards the guard slowly, curiosity dimming down.

"If I have seized your heart as of this moment, it will be released within a short time as some other boon seizes it again, no?"

< VII >

zwRHxxn.jpg

The bird would squawk, she would squawk at the beautiful songstress's cool brushing away of her proclamation--an icy gale whose frost-like touch would once more deliver a deflection of her statements...

This...this feeling...what was this...?! (Rhetorically asking, of course.)

The bird attempted to grasp for her heart...except she didn't have hands, so it came off quite a lot more like a self-targeted slap of her wing into her neck.

"Yes, but of course!" The reality came upon her little bird brain. "My lady, such words...such cold, captivating words...your deflection of my claims hurts so, yet too do I feel enraptured! This pain, though cold, is warming to my heart! Please, continue this memory, thus.

Though still is not the moment, to me, you are unforgettable~♥"

Iduna Isra

Iduna_Isra.jpg

The girl blinked, hands still folded politely behind her back, fingers beginning to twitch in some semblance of anxiety.
...What was this bird up to? It was incredibly strange. Was this what most called a... 'monster'? A bird that could speak, with unnatural coloration, being held by what seemed to be a city guard. The group seemed to be strange as well... that man just cut a piece of bread with only a touch of his finger... Iduna made the assumption that they were some sort of adventuring party- but in that case, how did they pass the gates with such a creature?

"...Such a strange bird you are, to entertain the idea that I should be someone of your interest... I'm certain your attention is better placed elsewhere."

She clicked her tongue and looked towards the three 'stooges' within the inn that had paid for this group's meal... what was the purpose behind such an action?

"Unless of course... is this because you wish something of me?" The icy young woman's gaze turned back to the feathery creature. Of course- how could she have forgotten? No one would attempt such blatant flattery unless they wanted something from her-- she wouldn't be surprised if the same was the case for the group inside the inn.

Aemon Clyde
interactions: NeramoDJI NeramoDJI VictoryatLast VictoryatLast Etymarchen Etymarchen Silent Angel Silent Angel Shirokane Shirokane
d6aa5e83aa6336cf7eec01cdebd15b9d.jpg

Aemon watched in relatively silence a smile on his face as the group had it's back in forth. The singer's confusion at the bird was amusing, yet still understandable. If his experience it wasn't worth the trouble of questioning it. Instead just roll with the punches and adapt with what ever came after. Related to the matter, he kept glancing sideways in the direction of the group inside. While it could have been a coincidence that the group had decided to pay for their meal, it also could have been a warning. A message that the would do evil doer's and ruffians were watching them.

As the others bantered back and forth he slipped his hand down to small holster where he kept his cards, it was equivalent to someone keeping a sheathe for a blade. Grabbing the deck he slid it free and placed it on the table in front of him. Being as non-chalant as he could, he started to shuffle the deck. First by mixing the cards together, using the bridge technique, and generally acting if he was just keeping his hands busy. No one would know that this was the catalyst for his magic, and no one would know he was already getting ready for a fight.

Neramo slowly sighed at the actions of the bird, listening to the conversation before replying to the town guard. "It doesn't seem like they mind. And anyhow, it's not like it matters." He said with a small sigh, running a hand through his hair, the action surprisingly not balding him, due to his own body being the only thing immune to his curse. "It seems like we have something more pressing to think about." He said, gesturing towards the inside of the tavern. However, as he was doing this, the three who had been paying attention to the group stood up, and began to approach slowly.

As they got closer, they began to talk amongst each other, before arriving outside, looking over the group. They approached slowly, starting to stand across from the group.
"So see, you fellas got someone we gotta deal with. The fella back down under the city in that shady shack said to take care of em." The one on the left said, having an almost bald head and a sort of roundness to his entire self. The middle one, with what seemed to be a bowl cut, frowned at the one speaking up, as the one on his right with curly hair spoke up afterwards.

"Hey Straight, I don't think we're supposed to go tellin them though. The guy in the shack with the money said to make it look like an accident, y'know, secretive like." He said, looking over as the middle one turned to him. "Y'know a real secret Jonesy?" He said, as the curly haired one shook his head. "Look right here." The middle one said again, holding up a closed fist. When the curly haired one looked down, the middle one bopped him on the head with his fist. "The secrets shut up."

As this exchange went on with the three, Neramo turned to the others in the group, a look of confusion and slight annoyance on his face as he didn't really know where to go from here. Of course, his confusion didn't relax his guard, since he definitely heard them say they were hired to take him out.

1651610555723.png

< VII >

zwRHxxn.jpg
Before she could continue with her playful statements of nothing, a sudden murmuring and whispering would resound from further back, disrupting her from being able to deliver her following smooth and amazing comment.

Which, of course, annoyed her quite a lot. The bird would shoot a rather frustrated glare at the source of the noise--

That, being a trio of rather suspicious individuals discussing suspicious actions to enact on others within the room.

...Err...what was that one ability that one God dude gave her again? The one that all of his apparently chosen "other-worlders" had...

...Ah! Right...right...it was...

Appraisal (E)

Her eyes would fixate on the seeming leader of the goons--'Straight,' he seemed to have been called, attempting to extract information on them...their actions and their phrases were more than suspicious, and it made her incredibly, incredibly cautious...

Iduna Isra

Iduna_Isra.jpg

"Hm?" Iduna turned towards them with a tilted head. Of course-- of course, it was those stooges from the previous interaction... could her curiosity finally be satiated now? What was the purpose behind paying for the group's meal?

"I'm sorry, I did not catch that." She reached behind her head to pull a gem out of her hair, connected to a necklace that, once wrapped around her bun, Iduna now loosely hung from her neck as she spoke, staring at the three blankly.

"I couldn't make anything comprehensible out of what any of you said through the spittle."

Her eyes slowly turned to bore into the head of the curly-haired man as she opened her mouth once again, spinning the necklace around her fingers and clutching the gem, as her other hand wiped something from her face. She glanced at the bird quickly with a raised eyebrow before turning back to the three ‘Stooges’.

"...Or can you not comprehend the idea that you can shut your mouth while you speak?”

John Brown

John brown's slight sigh of disappointment was very clear as he bore witness to the... antics of the group of idiots in front of him. He crossed his arms, looking down at them as he said, "Sirs, no matter how much money you were offered, you're going to be committing a crime in front of a city guard. I'm not sure what you'll be expecting to do with that money, but it will be difficult to do anything with it in a dungeon." He slowly shook his head. "And if you think anyone is going to try and get a bunch of numbskulls out of jail for a job like this, I think you've got another thing coming. So why don't you just leave in peace and both of us will go on our merry ways?" From under the helmet, he looked... bored. Like the men in front of him not only were annoying, but also completely dull.​

"Crime he says? Who said anything about committing? This ain't a long time gig!" Straight said from the left, looking genuinely confused. The middle one turned to them, looking around the group. "Y'know Straight, maybe you should try what the girlie said and try talkin' with your mouth closed. We ain't here's for no crime, we was takin care of somebody. Pillow fluffin' and the like. Why's else would we pay for your meal?" The lead said, crossing his arms. However, the words of the group combined, as well as a slow standing from Neramo after leaving a large scratch in the table made the leader start breathing quickly, running a hand over his face.

"Boys, we better split, these folks are in some shady business here!" He said, as the group suddenly began running in circles around each other, before sprinting off out of the fence and running off, their movements comically sped up, like some uncanny valley type things. However, within a few moments, the group was already gone, with nothing but a 'woop woop woop' on the wind.

Neramo began to rub his face, sitting back down.
"This.... Nevermind." He began trying to make sense of things, but changed his mind halfway through and decided to simply remain silent.

The rest of the time of the group went relatively smoothly actually, with only a few thugs approaching, but with a group such as theirs it was easy enough to dispatch the occasional petty thug without much issue. The day went by in a flash for the most part, with Neramo arriving at the court date as mandated, giving a small thanks to the group.

"You all did fine. You'll find your rewards in the office around the corner, just explain that I'm here on time and you'll receive your payment." Neramo said to the group, carefully making his way into the courtroom to get ready for the trial, intent on landing this crime lord in prison by the end of the day.

END

Isekai Hell RP Grade

The RP was a success, it was cool seeing characters interact and there were a few times that made me laugh throughout, and there was the unfortunate departure of a previous rper, don't have too much to say other than that. Enjoy and reap your rewards!

Neramo - 51 Points

Seven -
25 Points

Ida - 17 Points

John Brown - 20 Points

Aemon - 16 Points

Users who are viewing this thread

Back