• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY: Sovereignty of Ages OOC and CS

It's similar to Croc's invincibility semblance so it would need to have a noticeable drain on aura while active, or some kind of time limit and/or restrictions on how often it can be used. For the most part it reminds me of the Tanuki Suit or the Dry Bones Shell in SMM2. Honestly I'm not sure how practical it would be either.

YES! (To the Mario reference) Also I hadn't thought of that! Instead I was just making it even more dangerous to use XP
You just gave me an idea! Hey, you know in some games they're frames in which a character is unable to be hurt at all? That is what spurred on this semblance. I'll use his aura as a limitation though.

This will actually start in two days. I wanted to give some time for those interested but might be busy.

I'm torn between starting this on the fist day of classes and starting this the morning after initiation.

Why not start it on the ship heading to the school? It'll give everyone a post or two to go over recent events in a small flashback scenario and/or get to know each other while on the ship and heading to the main building. Then insert generic Ozpin speech here with option pre-sleep interactions and skip to the day of the initiation. You can't skip the initiation after all. That's how people get their teams to begin with after all!

I was thinking the players can decide teams and then skipping out of convenience. But if others want to do day one ship ride to Beacon then by all means we shall.

I like the ship idea more because it can be a great way to get your feet on the ground and get everyone to interact with each other and introduce themselves

So, officially, we have Zai, Carmine, Lance, and Aster. I know we have at least one or two more CS to be put in. Lets see who else joins.

Ah shit, here we go. -_- Shouldnt the characters be 17 or 18 to be a first year at Beacon? This ain't some Ruby Rose thing.
Whoa, take it easy my friend. It's not just some "Ruby Rose" thing, if a student is recognized by the higher-ups at the academy for their talents, they can be invited to attend. Besides, Ruby was fifteen when she was allowed, can't really get annoyed at a character younger by a year for being selected.

AnnaVale AnnaVale , your fate rests in the GM's hands. Although I doubt they'll allow that. So if you didn't put any real thought into Ebony's age difference, bumping her up to the appropriate year should be rather simple.

Admittedly it's not outside the realm of possibility for those whose combat abilities have been recognized to be invited into Beacon Academy early, but I feel like those cases are rare ones. Aside from that, I'm a bit worried about the semblance choice. Turning blood into weapons...honestly it sounds less like a semblance and more like a fantasy power. Like you said though Astralworks Astralworks , it's ultimately up to the DM.

AnnaVale AnnaVale Your character sheet is incomplete though. It's completely missing the backstory section.

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken, first years at Beacon Academy are typically 16 anyway. But yes, the semblance is still concerning.

Ruby was 15 when she met Ozpin, she said she had two more years at Signal at the time, and Tang is at least two years older than her, so I'm pretty sure you have to he at least 17 going on 18 the year you start at Beacon.

Welp, it looks like we'll be needing secondaries so here is my own.
Name: Lapis Lazulli

Height: 5'5"

Nickname: Water Witch

Race: Faunas- Shark

Aura color: Lapis' aura appears to look like the reflected sunlight on a wall from the surface of a body of water, but instead in the air surrounding her.

Former School Association: Atlas

Skills: Lapis has trained to play a multitude of musical instruments, though mostly string and wind instruments with an emphasis on the flute, piano, and violin. She has also developed an operatic singing voice but rarely displays it. Thanks to her Faunas heritage, she can breathe in water or air just fine and so is also an excellent swimmer.

Semblance: Hydrokinesis: Lapis can control the H20 around her in any form it may take, though she is unable to actually conjure it herself. She can pull water from the air, but she is limited to what is already there in a certain radius around her. The longer she concentrates, the wider this radius becomes. But the more water she controls, the more taxing it is on her and the harder she needs to concentrate.

Weaponry/Accessories: Lapis wields an extremely intimidating sword with the ability to change into a bladed whip. This sword is fashioned to appear like the irridescence of sea shells and can be charged elementally with dust crystals.

On her holster besides her weapon and Dust pouch is always a 1-liter water bottle.

Fighting Style: Lapis will nearly always use her sword to keep opponents at bay, depending on her surroundings. This is usually so she can begin trying to take control of whatever water is around her. Much of the time, she will concentrate a small sheen of water around her sword to control its movements in manners that aren't natural and catch her opponents off-guard. If she happens to be in or around large amounts of water to begin with, she will forego her weapon altogether usually.

Appearance: Lapis' skin is a stark white, with her casading waves of hair being teal with blue and green highlights and lowlights. She is quite passable as a stunningly beautiful human. She usually wears hair pieces laden with sea shells and a small red starfish, along with the gems she was named for. Her eyes are a pale gray with elongated pupils, and her small stature belies the force of nature within. Usually hidden away is her second skin tone, a blueish gray tint that spans a thin line along her spinal column beginning just below her shirtline. Her nails are a matching grey, both on her hands and feet. Her normal clothing is usually a white knee-length dress with billowy flowing teal colored translucent sleeves with her shoulders exposed. Around her waist is her black leather holster belt for her whip, studded with Lapis Lazulli gems. Opposite is a side pouch in which she keeps dust crystals.. On her feet she usually wears black Mary Kay style shoes and ruffled socks, her socks matching her laced wristlets and choker. Hanging from her wristlets and choker are the very same gems she was named for.

Emblem: Lapis' emblem is a a three piece set of Lapis Lazulli gems in the shape of teardrops.

Personality: Calm, cool, collected, and graceful, she usually has a soft, gentle smile. However, She's got a nasty temper when it flares up and which for everyone else is thankfully very, very rare. While friendly, she is emotionally aloof usually and next to immpossible to read what with her emotional distance. Her circle of friends is quite small, and fewer still know her well enough to read her at all.

Backstory: Growing up in Menagerie was no picnic, and survival was hard even with a family to help out. But survive Lapis did when her parents died in a mining accident along with her older brother. Rather than joining the brutish White Fang, she instead made her way through the world training to be a huntress one day to better protect those she cared for. She managed to get into Sanctum Academy, and then eventually Atlas' academy, and she was an exceptional student. After a few months of this, rumors began to circulate Lapis wasn't human. Horrible things began happening not only to her stuff, but herself as well, this torture leading up to the discovery of the truth of who and what Lapis was. After being forced to defend herself against several classmates and a teacher who ganged up on Lapis, (she nearly killed them all in anger over being betrayed in such a manner by those she thought of as comrades) she was still harassed out of fear of her, but no one had the audacity to outright attack her again because of her display of terrible might and mercilessness when ambushed. Her attackers had been foolish enough to attack her on camera, leaving no doubts as to who had started the fight... and who had finished it. Not only were they on camera, but Lapis had just left the Ladies' room, she had water fountains all throughout the hallway to access as well. After all of this, no actions were taken against her because by sheer luck she had't killed any of them, merely maimed. She left Atlas and Lapis eventually applied to Beacon, and leaped at the chance to leave the bigotry behind.

Last edited:
Lapis And Zai were in the last RP i was in. Zai was my homosexual beast and Lapis was my cold fish. Zai had more of a rework than Lapis. I loved Lapis Lazulli in Steven Universe, so I wanted those powers for my siren of the deep, my little shark mermaid faunas lol

Last edited:
Well that's one way of putting it. I'm using a whole new concept I came up with this morning so putting all the pieces together while fun is, taking longer than I would like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back