• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY: Sovereignty of Ages OOC and CS

You could have met him if you grew up in Menagerie.

And we still have some people who haven't posted their CS. Your semblance is ultimately up to you, and we can see what others do with theirs but I still want to see an army of plushies XD

Then make an army of plushies. xD All you need are some mechanical bits, right? lol

Carmine was born and raised in Mistral, so I guess that means that won't have met just yet. Of course, everyone is going to be coming across everyone else in the airship leading to Beacon, so it'll be interesting to see what happens during that initial trip.

I also had the idea of the person Carmine left behind coming after him after somehow managing to reach his mom to get info, but I don't know that anyone would want to tie their character to another character from the start, aside from the guy that has a shared history with your character.

Neato. Do we have any idea what the character cap will be?

Also I've decided to go with the short bust speed 'blink' semblance. I'm not really sure what to call it though. lol

I also just realized I can't edit my post because that function doesn't seem to be here...crud. I'll just post my updated CS here then.

Name: Carmine Awazi

Nickname: Carmine the Red

Height: 6'0"

Race: Faunas-cat with a tail, but he keeps it hidden under his shirt the majority of the time.

Aura Color: A Crimson Red

Former school association: Sanctum Academy

Skills: Adept combatant due to extra-curricular training received at home. He took up sewing and other related hobbies to foster his connection to a mother he hasn't seen in years.

Semblance:
Blink: Carmine can (for brief periods of time) move at heightened speeds great enough where he seems to blink out of existence, almost as if he were teleporting from one location to another. Due to the nature of his semblance Carmine keeps its use to single motion movements, and while multiple movements can be strung together the risk of causing an accident increases proportionally to the number of added movements beyond what can be safely executed

Fighting style: Emphasis on offense and evasion with a preference to parry or dodge before countering rather than blocking attacks.

Weaponry/Accessories:
Cerise Partisan: Named for Carmine's mother and his primary weapon, Cerise Partisan is the weapon he created after running away from home and starting at signal academy. An outwardly unremarkable looking cane, Cerise Partisan holds a number of secrets within its frame. The blade hidden within Cerise Partisan can be fully extended through the bottom of the cane, unsheathed from the top, and part at the middle to reveal the muzzle of a sidearm powered by a combination of aura and dust, although it can function with aura alone. The gun function can be used whilst sheathed in the shaft for long distance shots, and small dust canisters are held within the curved end of the cane.

Crimson Vine: Named for his father, Crimson Vatra. A threaded cane capable of transforming into a whip-sword hybrid weapon, Crimson Vine was Carmine's primary weapon. Crafted with the assistance of his father during his days at Sanctum Academy it now serves as little more than a reminder of what he once had, what he lost, and he only trains with Crimson Vine in solitude. Perhaps due to the painful memories it holds or its very nature, the use of Crimson Vine brings forth a more aggressive fighting style where every strike is designed to cause the maximum damage possible. Since leaving Mistral Carmine has modified Crimson Vine to be collapsible so he can keep it hidden.

Appearance: Carmine has shoulder length red hair, emerald green eyes, the lean, muscular build of a runner, fair skin, and wears a suit. The pants, shoes, and bowler hat are all black, and his shirt is white with a flame onto the left chest pocket. The flame is a luxurious shade of crimson, as is his vest, tie, the band and feather on his bowler hat, and the lining of his blazer, vest, and trench coat (all black with a flame sewn onto the breast pocket). All of his T-Shirts are emblazoned with a large flame stitched onto the back.

Personality: Carmine is kind and caring by nature, but has also grown reclusive and solitary due in part to his past. He believes in creating and nurturing strong bonds, but is quick to anger when others are being mistreated, denigrated, or subjected to racism.

Backstory: Carmine Awazi was born to Crimson Vatra and Cerise Awazi (who were human and faunus respectively), and the house he lived in was one filled with love. Carmine's father was a huntsman, and was consequently away on missions half of the time, but he always made up for it be bring back a souvenir or two along with some new stories to share. Carmine's mother wasn't just a stay at home mom either. She was a strong proponent for faunus rights and would work tirelessly to help others out of bad situations.
Carmine decided early on that he wanted to be a huntsman like his father so he could fight to protect everyone just like his parents. He applied for Sanctum Academy, created Crimson Vine with a little help from his dad, and applied himself to his studies with an unmatched zeal for those in his year. When his father was home Carmine would pester him to help with combat training, and Carmine's heritage gained from his mother allowed him to quickly create and grow adept in his own combat style as well as normal combat styles.
During the summer he would take up stitching and other craft work so he could spend more time with her by helping her make new clothing. This led to him crafting his own custom suit to both exude style and catch the attention of someone he had a crush on. Although he had mixed results at first the style and grace with which he comported himself in training quickly changed the minds of his fellow classmates.
The years Carmine spent with his family were the happiest of his life, but they were soon brought to a tragic end. His parents began growing distant from one another, the atmosphere became tense, and one night a conversation they had turned first into an argument, and then a shouting match. Carmine tried and failed to tune it out before slinking away and hiding in his room. The shouting match became a fight, and Carmine went rigid as he closed his eyes and clapped his hands over his ears.
Eventually the fight stopped and Carmine's mother came to his room to assure him that everything would be all right. Carmine put on a brave face for his mother, but when he awoke the next morning his mother was gone even though she had stayed with him until he fell asleep. Carmine couldn't focus at school that day, and when he came home he confronted his father. He wanted–no, needed to know what happened and why. His father refused to talk about it, and the more he refused the more insistent Carmine became until the argument and fight that followed became even worse than what he had heard the previous night. The fighting ended when Carmine's father slammed him into a wall as he berated him for his thoughtless provocations before sending him to his room. Carmine cried himself to sleep that night.
When Carmine awoke the next morning he found a note written to him by his father. He had been called away on a long-term mission and didn't know when he would be back, so he'd left a generous amount of Lien for Carmine so he could fend for himself for a while. Instead of going to school like normal Carmine sat alone in the living room the entire morning as he considered what to do. In the end he decided he couldn't stay. His father had raised a hand to both himself and his mother. That much was clear, as was his mother's leaving either due to fearing for her safety or because she had been thrown out. Carmine didn't know where his mother was, but he did remember her mentioning that she had parents in Vale.
Carmine packed everything he owned save for the furniture in his room, pocketed his mother's necklace along with the Lien his father had left for him, and booked passage on the first flight headed to Vale. Once there he tracked down his parents, explained his situation to them along with the need for both shelter and a way to contact his mother, and at the request of his mother (once she was reached), was given a place to stay. He immediately applied for Signal Academy where he crafted Cerise Partisan, quietly applied himself to his studies, and continued pursuing his training to attend Beacon Academy so he could become a Huntsman and keep others from suffering the same kind of sorrow he had endured.
Astralworks Astralworks You're welcome. :)

Last edited:
I'm using the site via my computer. Why? Is there something that does have an edit function?

Edit: Oh...nevermind, I see it now. The text is just really, super light and apparently easy to miss if you're not paying close enough attention. ^^;

Name: Aster Davis

Nickname: N/A

Height: 5'6

Race: Faunas- Bunny will have lop-ears

Aura Color: A dark purple with tints of olive green

Former school association: Trained at Signal Academy and just got accepted into Beacon Academy

Skills: Very smart and a skilled fighter

Semblance: Future Sight- When she closes her eyes Aster can see into the future the more she focuses the longer she can see.

Fighting style: At first she runs and finds a safe place to where she can use her semblance after that she's on the attack good with any kind of range but prefers close range to anything else

Weaponry/Accessories: Around Asters side is always a normal looking staff but don't let looks deceive you the staff has many different functions.
1) It can break into two to form nunchucks
2) On each bottom a small blade can extend
3) It can turn into a gun for long ranged shots

Appearance: If you did not know Aster you would of never guessed she was a Faunus because she braids her lopped bunny ears into her hair completely camouflaging it into her long straight dark purple hair. Aster is very beautiful with her high cheek bones, small nose, and plump small lips. Her olive green eyes pop out against her fair skin tone. Aster's body is curvy but you wouldn't be able to tell with how she dresses she wears a plane dark purple tank top under a ripped up mesh long sleeved shirt with dark purple ripped jeans and sneakers to match.

Personality: She seems very cold and distant at first rocking a very loud resting b face but once you get her to talking you can tell she is very intelligent, focused, hard working but yet still has a silly side to her.

Backstory: Her parents both human were very known people in Atlas and one day they were blessed with their first born a baby girl but when the doctor told them it was a Faunus they freaked apparently one of them had the recessive trait for it. They tried to raise the baby like it was theirs even teaching it about her semblance but always making her hide her ears into her hair. as they raised her they tried and tried again to have another baby and successfully they did this time it being a human they quickly reacted visiting Vacuo and dropping off the girl cutting all ties to the girl as they left her there for her to survive on her own and survived she did. She was quick to learn how to fight for everything she needed earning respect among the people in Vacuo but she wanted to prove to her parents that just because she was a Faunus that didn't mean she was trash so she trained and trained eventually getting in Signal Academy so she can one day become a Huntress and prove her parents wrong.

How much control does she have over how far into the future she can see? Could she see just far enough into the future to use it in combat with enough training?

How much control does she have over how far into the future she can see? Could she see just far enough into the future to use it in combat with enough training?
It depends on how much she focuses for her to see into the future she has to close her eyes and depending on how long she does it that's how far she can see and yeah so let's say she's doing the tournament she could do it right before they go out there to fight and use what she knows to help them in battle

Another possibility is that it's one of the most likely things to happen, or that she can only see certain parts and has to fill in the gaps. One other possibility is to focus on specific individuals and come up with what's most likely to happen next based on the characteristics and tendencies of said individual. There's really any number of ways to go about it.

Personally I prefer to only use one character when I can. Having multiple characters means having to keep track of multiple mindsets after all.

I kinda thought of it like Doctor Strange where she can see many possible futures and doesn't know which one it will be before it comes to the situation

So basically preparing for as many possible outcomes as possible, but still with the possibility of being wrong or not having seen what would actually happen, depending on what happens and who affects who

What do you guys think about this really quick?

Semblance: "Invincibility Frames!" By becoming completely indestructible, his body freezes in one position. This is visually noticed via a yellow glow he emits while in this state. The way it works is similar to someone becoming a stone statue, then reverting right back. Except becoming "stone" is pretty much instant for Titanium, but there's a slight delay when returning to normal, visibly shown by the light fading. Note that he's only immune to physical harm against him, so as long as he's stuck in one position it'll be easy to take advantage. Titanium is unaware of everything going on around him during its usage, his body in a way cut-off from the universe. If triggered while moving, when undone the momentum remains.

(Sorry I thought up some interesting additions to it and kinda edited it. Don't let that deter your feedback though.)

Last edited:
It's similar to Croc's invincibility semblance so it would need to have a noticeable drain on aura while active, or some kind of time limit and/or restrictions on how often it can be used. For the most part it reminds me of the Tanuki Suit or the Dry Bones Shell in SMM2. Honestly I'm not sure how practical it would be either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back