• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom RWBY // Small Group // Canon x OC Fest [CLOSED]

Quincunx

inactive
[class=container] display:flex; height:70vh; max-width:900px; border:1px solid #9abfe0; margin:auto;center; flex-wrap:wrap; align-items:flex-start; overflow:hidden; flex-direction:row; [/class] [class=scrollbox] width:101%; height:60vh; overflow-y:scroll; [/class] [class=text] margin-left:5px; font-family:Heebo, regular; font-size:1em; color:#4f4f4f; [/class] [class=tabs] display:inline-block; width:100px; padding:.2em; text-align:center; font-size:1em; color:#9abfe0; font-family:Heebo, regular; cursor:pointer; transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out; [/class] [class name=tabs state=hover] letter-spacing:.3em; [/class] [script class=tabone on=click] removeClass select tabs addClass select tabone hide scrollbox show pageone [/script] [script class=tabone] addClass select tabone [/script] [script class=none] hide pagetwo hide pagethree hide pagefour hide pagefive [/script] [script class=tabtwo on=click] removeClass select tabs addClass select tabtwo hide scrollbox show pagetwo [/script] [script class=tabthree on=click] removeClass select tabs addClass select tabthree hide scrollbox show pagethree [/script] [script class=tabfour on=click] removeClass select tabs addClass select tabfour hide scrollbox show pagefour [/script] [script class=tabfive on=click] removeClass select tabs addClass select tabfive hide scrollbox show pagefive [/script]
[div class=container]
[div class="tabs tabone"]top
[div class="tabs tabtwo"]about[/div][div class="tabs tabthree"]requirements[/div][div class="tabs tabfour"]roster[/div][/div]
[div class="scrollbox pageone"]
[/div][div class="scrollbox pagetwo"]
[div class=text]Do you ship your OC with Ruby, Weiss, Blake, or Yang? Do you get nostalgic about the school setting of RWBY Volume 1 and Volume 2? Are you looking for a small group where you can do some lighthearted canon x OC roleplay? If you keep answering "yes", read on!

I am seeking three other people to form a small group RP; each person will play 1 member of Team RWBY, and 1 OC. The RP will be set at Beacon Academy during the events of RWBY Volume 1 and 2, and if we get further than that, we will decide how to proceed together. Our four OCs will also form their own team, and interact with one another as well as working closely with Team RWBY. In addition to the Emerald Forest, the school dance, and missions, I have some other events in mind:
  • Two teams training side by side
  • For-fun field trip (beach trip? hot springs getaway?)
  • Combat exams
  • School festival (specifically for Vale; nothing to do with the Vytal Festival)
  • Group study nights with the two teams
  • Individual events between OC x canon pairings
  • Seasonal events (e.g. ice skating in winter)
I'm envisioning this RP being more cute scenes than fight scenes, although there will definitely be fights. As for who we're fighting against, we have a few options which I'd like to discuss with people interested in this RP:
  • Replicate the villains and villainous plot of RWBY's canon
  • Keep Roman, Cinder, Emerald, Mercury, and Neo, but don't implement Salem and her grand scheme (effectively scaling down the canon villains in the first two volumes)
  • Create an OC villain and new villainous plot
  • Anything else people would like to suggest
If you're interested, read the other tabs, and then comment below!
[/div][/div][div class="scrollbox pagethree"]
[div class=text]I'd love to have you in this RP if you can...
  1. Follow basic RP rules. Treat other players with respect, type legibly, don't control other players' characters without their consent, etc.
  2. Write at a casual level, or higher. All posts should be at least one standard paragraph, move the scene forward, and give the other players something to react to.
    1. To screen out players who don't write at a casual level, I will be looking at people's character sheets. If your character sheet looks like you threw it together in five minutes, and/or relies on cliches, I will look for someone else to take your spot.
  3. Play your canon character well. Say you're playing Weiss and someone else's OC is shipped with her. Your Weiss should act in-character for Weiss, and the person playing the OC should be able to have fun playing the ship. If two people have a dispute about whether an action is "in character" for a canon, I will have final say as the RP's GM and creator.
  4. Keep healthy boundaries between yourself and your characters. You are not dating Ruby/Weiss/Blake/Yang. Your character is. Don't take IC interactions personally, and don't treat the person playing your character's shipmate like a romantic partner. (It boils down to "respect boundaries.")
  5. Post at least a few times a week. Additionally, if you have to disappear for a while, let me know so we can figure out how to handle your character's absence.
  6. Be comfortable playing both M/F and F/F. (Added 4/18) If you are uncomfortable playing M/F or F/F, I ask that you not participate in this RP. Otherwise, pairings become too hard to coordinate.
  7. Acknowledge me (Quincunx) as this RP's GM. I will have final say on who gets to play in this RP, what events make it into the plot, and how disputes are handled.
That's about it! Before you sign up, check the Roster tab to see who's playing who, and who's seeking who.
[/div][/div][div class="scrollbox pagefour"]Claims on which canon you're playing/shipping are first-come, first-serve.

[div class=text]
We are looking for someone to play Yang and ship Ruby. That's all we have available right now.

Quincunx Quincunx
  • Playing OC: Ferryn Typhon (name subject to change for team-naming purposes)
  • Playing Canon: Blake Belladonna
  • Shipping: Yang Xiao Long
Elekta Kount Elekta Kount
  • Playing OC: Pending
  • Playing Canon: Ruby Rose
  • Shipping: Weiss Schnee
capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS
  • Playing OC: Pending
  • Playing Canon: Weiss Schnee
  • Shipping: Blake Belladonna

Looking forward to seeing your name here! If you're interested, comment below!
[/div][/div]
code by RI.a RI.a [/div]

Last edited:
I might give this a go. Mark me down to play Blake, and ship with Weiss.

Alright, sweet. I'll write that down in the Roster section. If somebody wants one of those, we can mark you down as the other?

Oh, and which canon are you seeking for shipping your OC with?
Ah, beat me to it. Might have wanted to ship Weiss. I guess ill take Ruby, and ship Yang?

I might give this a go. Mark me down to play Blake, and ship with Weiss.
Ah, beat me to it. Might have wanted to ship Weiss. I guess ill take Ruby, and ship Yang?

Hey y'all,

I'm glad to see you here. I did write in the roster that I wanted to play Blake and ship Yang. However, seeing as I am the leader, and I have confidence playing most of Team RWBY, I will be flexible.

Is this distribution okay?
capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS - play Blake, ship Weiss
Elekta Kount Elekta Kount - play Ruby, ship Yang
Quincunx Quincunx - play Yang, ship Blake

Hey y'all,

I'm glad to see you here. I did write in the roster that I wanted to play Blake and ship Yang. However, seeing as I am the leader, and I have confidence playing most of Team RWBY, I will be flexible.

Is this distribution okay?
capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS - play Blake, ship Weiss
Elekta Kount Elekta Kount - play Ruby, ship Yang
Quincunx Quincunx - play Yang, ship Blake
Whoops, I blanked out on that for a sec. Reverse mine, then; I'll play Weiss and ship with Blake.

Whoops, I blanked out on that for a sec. Reverse mine, then; I'll play Weiss and ship with Blake.
Thank you! I've edited the roster to reflect that.

Thanks, I mean I can still play Ruby if ye want.
I'm okay with you playing Ruby or Yang :) My concern is that I'd already written down that I wanted to ship Yang. I'm willing to change it if you're dead set on shipping Yang, but I'd prefer shipping Yang with my OC.

Thank you! I've edited the roster to reflect that.

I'm okay with you playing Ruby or Yang :) My concern is that I'd already written down that I wanted to ship Yang. I'm willing to change it if you're dead set on shipping Yang, but I'd prefer shipping Yang with my OC.
Oh no, I'm fine with playing either, and I wouldn't mind shipping Weiss.

I'd definitely be interested. Kind of sucks Yang is taken and I'd totally love it if she wasn't . . . but I'd also just love to RP RWBY anyway.

I'd definitely be interested. Kind of sucks Yang is taken and I'd totally love it if she wasn't . . . but I'd also just love to RP RWBY anyway.
Hello, and welcome aboard!

So to be clear: by process of elimination (since Ruby is the only ship option, and it'd be awkward to both play her and ship her with your OC), I'm assuming you want to play as Yang and ship with Ruby?

If that’s the only option available. I suppose I kind of have to. Certainly don’t mind shipping my guy with Ruby or playing as Yang.

One question though, is the character being shipped with Yang male or female?

If that’s the only option available. I suppose I kind of have to. Certainly don’t mind shipping my guy with Ruby or playing as Yang.

One question though, is the character being shipped with Yang male or female?
Alright, thank you.

She is female.

Uhhh sorry to say but I’m a little uncomfortable playing as a girl involved with another girl.
I don't fault you for that; if you're not comfortable with it, that is your prerogative. I didn't foresee this being an issue, so I didn't make a requirement about it, and I apologize for the lack of clarity.

That said, I am not willing to change the gender of the OC I already created, or force any reshuffling. I'm sorry, but I'm going to ask that you not participate in this RP.

---

I also need to establish a consistent rule regarding this, since I'm now making decisions based on it. This rule is:

To participate in this RP, you need to be comfortable with playing both M/F and F/F.

capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS or Elekta Kount Elekta Kount - if this is an issue for either of you, I'm sorry, but I need to ask that you not participate in this RP either. I don't want to have to reshuffle everything on the basis of pairing types, or force people to change OC genders.

Oh, I'm great with MxF and FxF stuff, so I'm not uncomfy in the slightest.

I’m a little uncomfortable playing as a girl involved with another girl.

That’s not a no. Just understand that I’m stepping a little outside my comfort zone.
Ah, sorry; I didn't see your edit! Sorry for assuming. I'll update the roster and the thread title.

Okay, folks:

I have marked the thread closed, and I am assuming everyone is cool with the current roster. I am going to sleep, and provided that no concerns are raised between now and the morning, I'll get the OOC and Character Index threads up tomorrow.

Steel Accord Steel Accord , I need to offer another apology for asking you not to participate and not seeing your edit. If you are willing to try an F/F pairing, I am willing to be a player you try it with. My rule is that I'm not going to force reshuffling or OC gender changes based on pairing type, though.

Okay, folks:

I have marked the thread closed, and I am assuming everyone is cool with the current roster. I am going to sleep, and provided that no concerns are raised between now and the morning, I'll get the OOC and Character Index threads up tomorrow.

Steel Accord Steel Accord , I need to offer another apology for asking you not to participate and not seeing your edit. If you are willing to try an F/F pairing, I am willing to be a player you try it with. My rule is that I'm not going to force reshuffling or OC gender changes based on pairing type, though.

That’s quite all right. I don’t want to drag you guys down if there’s someone better suited to the scenario than myself.

That’s quite all right. I don’t want to drag you guys down

Okay, I'm hearing from this reply that you're not making a hard "yes" to this RP. Here is what I am going to do:

I'm going to open your slot (play Yang/ship Ruby), but if nobody comes in with a hard "yes" to those roles and we're otherwise ready to go, I am going to contact you again.

I'm also going to create the character sheet and OOC for the other players.

Okay, I'm hearing from this reply that you're not making a hard "yes" to this RP. Here is what I am going to do:

I'm going to open your slot (play Yang/ship Ruby), but if nobody comes in with a hard "yes" to those roles and we're otherwise ready to go, I am going to contact you again.

I'm also going to create the character sheet and OOC for the other players.

Oh I’m sorry. I thought someone already took my role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back