• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rubies of Eventide OOC Thread (D&D 5e)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I am desirous to see Grimmmy's Earth Genasi character before we start too deeply, but I am contemplating Friday as a potential start date. In the meantime I will get to checking your backstories and seeing if I can tie together some plot points, and maybe get a draft going for the opening post.

Oh, I forgot: did anyone here want to pair up their characters in terms of knowing each other? We can have a PM session or discuss here about how you met the other person.

Oh, I forgot: did anyone here want to pair up their characters in terms of knowing each other? We can have a PM session or discuss here about how you met the other person.

I'm interested in pairing with people but I don't think we have anything cemented yet.

I think at the time we were too unclear of our character backstories to know for sure who would be good matches for who.

Also its Toryk. But you could call him anything and it will sound better than how he says his name in gnollish.

Brazamal has a somewhat flexible backstory and it can be tweaked to be able to fit with just about anyone that wishes to ride with my Dragonborn.

Close enough for him!

Any way you'd like them to meet up or at what point? Like if it is recent or has been a couple weeks?
Hmm. How about we came to each other's rescue from a band of highway robbers and then struck up a friendship?

Two down! Five to go!

Psychie's Wood Elf Life Cleric 5
D. Rex's Gnoll Swashbuckler Rogue 5

Sherwood's Silver Dragonborn Oath of Devotion Paladin 5
Grimmmy's Earth Genasi Pact of the Chain Warlock 5
Jaydude's Variant Human (Turami) Battle Master Fighter 5
Felis' Owlfolk (UA) Storm Sorcerer 5
Shade's Variant Human Scout Rogue 4 / Unclassified Bard 1

Overall I can see pretty good relations in terms of classes for Sherwood's Brazamal and Jaydude's Jalana, and either of the casters (Felis' Ivvie and Grimmmy's unnamed Earth Genasi warlock) with each other or with Shade's merchant Phectty.

Last edited:
I can hang with Jalana. I have a feeling that we'll be a good pair, with Braz using his healing spells to keep the two of them alive as we both dive blade first into the bad guys.

Hmm. How about we came to each other's rescue from a band of highway robbers and then struck up a friendship?

I think we could do that!

Maybe it was on his way to Yartar. He was chasing the ship that killed his crew. With so much ground to cover, we could easily have had them cross paths at the time of a bandit ambush.

Was she traveling anywhere or just sort of in the area?

Two down! Five to go!

Psychie's Wood Elf Life Cleric 5
D. Rex's Gnoll Swashbuckler Rogue 5

Sherwood's Silver Dragonborn (Unclassified?) Paladin 5
Grimmmy's Earth Genasi Pact of the Chain Warlock 5
Jaydude's Variant Human (Turami) Battle Master Fighter 5
Felis' Owlfolk (UA) Storm Sorcerer 5
Shade's Variant Human Scout Rogue 4 / Unclassified Bard 1

Overall I can see pretty good relations in terms of classes for Sherwood's Brazamal and Jaydude's Jalana, and either of the casters (Felis' Ivvie and Grimmmy's unnamed Earth Genasi warlock) with each other or with Shade's merchant Phectty.

We don't have to limit ourselves to only pairs, either. Just whatever feels right until each small party comes together into the large one.

I actually do not know what oath you chose for your character, Sherwood. I scanned your sheet but could not find it, possibly because of my brain being assaulted by space jellyfish again. Could you please inform me?

Unclassified in my case is someone who is not yet chosen a class subclass. It usually happens for characters that have taken a dip in another class or L1 or L2 characters.

Maybe it was on his way to Yartar. He was chasing the ship that killed his crew. With so much ground to cover, we could easily have had them cross paths at the time of a bandit ambush.

Was she traveling anywhere or just sort of in the area?
I have no set destination in mind. I go where the spirit moves me.

I actually do not know what oath you chose for your character, Sherwood. I scanned your sheet but could not find it, possibly because of my brain being assaulted by space jellyfish again. Could you please inform me?

Unclassified in my case is someone who is not yet chosen a class. It usually happens for characters that have taken a dip in another class or L1 or L2 characters.
I thought I put that in. How did I miss it? I picked the Oath of Devotion. That's where I got the Sacred Weapon option for him.

I added the details of the Oath to the sheet under the Skills tab.

A fine choice. I adore my observed Oath of Devotion paladins, with the exception of Alexandrius the First (not mine).

1624492907237.png

I have no set destination in mind. I go where the spirit moves me.

Divine providence then!

They just finished dealing with the highwaymen. Either by handing them their butts or making an epic escape from a bandit horde. Regardless, they leave with a laugh and a budding new bond.

So how do they hit it off? How would she feel being around a gnoll of questionable scruples?

Toryk would certainly not mind. At that point he is probably craving companionship. With his tribe far away and his ship and crew gone, he would be pretty lonely. Even if he wouldn't say that.

So how do they hit it off? How would she feel being around a gnoll of questionable scruples?
Questionable scruples? Obviously, you need to be saved! You may not be an elf to follow Solonor, but there is good in you that Athaclenna can nurture and draw forth! My mission is set!

Questionable scruples? Obviously, you need to be saved! You may not be an elf to follow Solonor, but there is good in you that Athaclenna can nurture and draw forth! My mission is set!

Isn't she just the sweetest!

Pirate. On a quest of vengeance. Speaks abyssal as his native tongue. Is a gnoll. He most certainly needs saved. Maybe she be just what he needs to turn over a new leaf.

He shall have to take care of the little pink elf. The start of a new family!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back