• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rubies of Eventide OOC Thread (D&D 5e)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Alright, thank you! I'll add a perception check to my post, then!

...Which didn't help much, I think, haha.

This week has been quite hectic on my end, resulting in a very slow posting period for which I apologise. On the plus side, things are coming to a head, and accumulated actions can make things very interesting. I am very curious as to what you all will like to do next, and look forward to any and all efforts (and dialogue among you all, if any).

Toryk be a gnoll prepared! So we have a downward opening door to get through. One that is pretty obvious if opened.

Well, for noise, Toryk has some oil on his person to help any squeaky hinges and mechanics.

And we can always see how well perception favors us by seeing if we can hear anybody on the floor below. Or opening it just a hair for bat sprite to scout it out.

Or the more aggressive option of luring someone up here and "disposing" of them

And, maybe, depending on how the GM favors the bold. See about tinkering, breaking, or removing the folding mechanism to make it much less obvious when opened and they can jump down.

I honestly did not consider removing the ladder mechanism or door to stealth down the opening. Very interesting!

Bold, subtle, dynamic, bloodthirsty -- I wonder how you will deal with the scenario. The others did a guns-ablazing approach and burst through the front door, killing almost everyone with death in their lips. They were a larger group, though, and I am not sure if you all as people are chaotic neutral or not.

I honestly did not consider removing the ladder mechanism or door to stealth down the opening. Very interesting!

Bold, subtle, dynamic, bloodthirsty -- I wonder how you will deal with the scenario. The others did a guns-ablazing approach and burst through the front door, killing almost everyone with death in their lips. They were a larger group, though, and I am not sure if you all as people are chaotic neutral or not.

Well, I actually forgot to by me a vial of acid or two, else i would be more prepared.

But as rogue. Got to play to my utility strengths and do all the tricky things with the environment! Bend it to my will and make it my weapon!

Ha! Good brutal tactics. Toryk would not mind slitting a couple throats. But he's trying to be a good boy for Athaclenna. So thats plan B.

Ivvie has some Sleep scrolls and illusions, if that helps, and she can always try to more or less charm our way through if everything else goes awry, or as a distraction. I'll try and bounce some ideas IC, too.

There's good stuff from everyone thus far, and I am very interested in what will happen from all of this! I have a few Q&A things that I wanted to give before I (hopefully) post today.

D. Rex D. Rex
Your clever tweaking of the ladder mechanism will not require a roll, as I believe all of the items are good and in your inventory. String is not listed in items if I recall right, but is a fine free item. It is implemented in my everyday life and is nice and affordable.

Felis Felis
Illusion scrolls would definitely be useful and cunning, and Sleep spells are very useful. My enchantment wizard made heavy use of Sleep spells.

Shadeofshade Shadeofshade Psychie Psychie
Because I was not very clear regarding the scrolls, for which I apologise, were you both intending to take the legalese scroll on the wall as well and bag it? It would take some raveling and unpinning, but is possible to take.

There's good stuff from everyone thus far, and I am very interested in what will happen from all of this! I have a few Q&A things that I wanted to give before I (hopefully) post today.

D. Rex D. Rex
Your clever tweaking of the ladder mechanism will not require a roll, as I believe all of the items are good and in your inventory. String is not listed in items if I recall right, but is a fine free item. It is implemented in my everyday life and is nice and affordable.

Felis Felis
Illusion scrolls would definitely be useful and cunning, and Sleep spells are very useful. My enchantment wizard made heavy use of Sleep spells.

Shadeofshade Shadeofshade Psychie Psychie
Because I was not very clear regarding the scrolls, for which I apologise, were you both intending to take the legalese scroll on the wall as well and bag it? It would take some raveling and unpinning, but is possible to take.
I could have sworn i had some. My fault for not checking my inventory! I'll deduct some money for the fault.

Here, have a video involving both quick thinking and string:

Oh lovely! I have to respond with something of my own, per tradition upon receiving such a lovely gift! Take a favorite of mine from my meme horde.

6446219edd6969f05e02a0cd093f68390767dfecd467be888acfbda41110dc56_1.jpg.jpg

My man, I am sorry. You had string in great abundance. You have done wonderfully.

Oh lovely! I still didnt check my inventory xD I just assumed I forgot cause that was the far more likely.

Hah! I as a player and a DM can relate to this, especially in another circle of pals with our incessant hijinks that drove me and DMs batty. Thank you for the send! I love sharing content.

Here is another:
9713.jpeg

Chill Touch is neither chilly nor a touch spell, and is by all accounts a skeletal hand that grabs you from up to 120 feet away and chokes the life out of you. Thanks, WotC! It is like saying the Daylight spell does not create sunlight.

Chill Touch is neither chilly nor a touch spell, and is by all accounts a skeletal hand that grabs you from up to 120 feet away and chokes the life out of you. Thanks, WotC! It is like saying the Daylight spell does not create sunlight.
Indeed! The wonders of magic!

With her arms still crossed, Jalana gave Brazamal a glance and then a shrug, as if silently asking what he was playing at here, but then acting like it was no big deal. They were supposed to be distracting these people, yes? So the longer they could do so, the better. Doubly so if they could avoid compromising themselves in the process.
I have a plan, and it should be rather amusing once I spring it on the three guards.

Felis Felis
Yeah, I feel like depending on how things go, the Sleep scrolls might still see some use over the course of this! For the current plan, though, Minor Illusion should work nicely, I think. I hope I did the Metamagic correctly.

As far as I'm aware, I've only taken the scrolls on the desk and placed them in my bag and nothing else. Is the scroll on the wall the eleventh one? If so then Phectty doesn't know about it. Also, did Phectty just grab the beaker-loaded countertop and place it in the bag absentmindedly? As for the 2 pieces of white paper, he would have definitely have taken them.

I have a plan, and it should be rather amusing once I spring it on the three guards.

I am looking forward to seeing this plan in action!

Yeah, I feel like depending on how things go, the Sleep scrolls might still see some use over the course of this! For the current plan, though, Minor Illusion should work nicely, I think. I hope I did the Metamagic correctly.

Yup! You did well. Extended spells are one metamagic slot if I recall right. Other ones have two and potentially three, I think. I adore sorcerers. I really do.

As far as I'm aware, I've only taken the scrolls on the desk and placed them in my bag and nothing else. Is the scroll on the wall the eleventh one? If so then Phectty doesn't know about it. Also, did Phectty just grab the beaker-loaded countertop and place it in the bag absentmindedly? As for the 2 pieces of white paper, he would have definitely have taken them.

*blinks*. Did he grab the countertop? That one would be too heavy to ensnare, as it is attached to the rest of the counter. My intent was that scrolls and papers were visible, magic or not, which could help you. You can easily take all of those scrolls and papers. There was one scroll in particular (the tough-to-read lawyer-script one) that is large and special pinned to the wall. That you are free to interact with before everything, I feel, inevitably goes south. =P

Well, Athaclenna will be taking that one scroll on the wall, loading it into her bag of holding for safe keeping.

I am looking forward to seeing this plan in action!
Once the trio lets us in, then I will spring my ingenious plot to TAKE OVER THE WORLD! MWUHAHAHA! Or at least, keep them all distracted while the others are hunting for the gem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back