• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rubies of Eventide OOC Thread (D&D 5e)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
OK, so, I have my post ready to go but what I want Phectty to do is look down the crawlspace to see what he can see. I do believe that is a Perception check right?

Go ahead and roll for Perception checks should you feel a need to do so. I would rather not bog you down with my slow replies.

Perception, Insight, and Investigation checks are easy ones to allow, where perception is getting a good general view, investigation is getting a closer view with more scrutiny, and insight is gauging how a person appears or reacts to get a better understanding of them. These are shallow explanations and you likely know more about them, but I can easily allow all of these to be performed commonly. The only thing I wish you to be cautious about is time and action management, as one cannot be studying a mural on a wall and acting as sentry and do two different actions at the same time, in real life or in D&D.

Hi, all, I am back from a bit of a slowdown as I took a very nice sabbatical. During that leave I have pondered over the slowness of this roleplay and am curious if there is a way to combat it. I was aiming to try to get everyone's response in before posting if I can help it, but did not wish to poke and prod people to do so. Is such measures of poking all right with everyone, and I can aim to do a post twice a week?

Hi, all, I am back from a bit of a slowdown as I took a very nice sabbatical. During that leave I have pondered over the slowness of this roleplay and am curious if there is a way to combat it. I was aiming to try to get everyone's response in before posting if I can help it, but did not wish to poke and prod people to do so. Is such measures of poking all right with everyone, and I can aim to do a post twice a week?
Yeah, I don't mind.

As a frequent lurker here on RpN, I can hang with that posting schedule.

Yeah, I'll do my best to be around more frequently. Sometimes I fall prey to thinking "I'll write a post just after I do X" and then forgetting to do so, but I'll try to better myself!

That being said, D. Rex D. Rex , does Toryk have anything he wants our quasit friend to do inside? I don't want to rush ahead and pass you over.

I just came up with a stupid idea. What if I used a Potion Of Healing (I have 3 of the suckers) to oil the hinges?

Well, I suppose it can be done, though oil is 1 sp and a potion of healing is 50 gp. What I could do is remove one of the healing points (2d4+2 to 2d4+1) of your potion, but that takes too much thinking. Go ahead and roll with advantage without deficit. You earned it for that kind of thinking. =)

Thank you all. You all are a fine group.

I also have come up with a way to explain why Phectty could do that. That being that he knows about the hinges. Maybe he or another member of his family sold them hence why he can open them? After all, his farther is a smith so maybe his farther made those hinges?

You are correct. Roll with advantage. Anything you can come up with for reasoning of how to make a hinge squeak less is perfectly fine by me. I adore flavouring and would love to see what you can come up with. In my opinion, if a healing potion can cure a Warforged, it can make a mean fixer-upper for pretty much anything mechanical that Mending can't fix.

I hope I understood that correctly earlier, about the Alarm orb guarding that one window and nothing else.

I may have to sign off for the day now, though, so if you need a check from Ivvie before tomorrow, feel free to roll for me!

You would be correct; the Alarm spell is guarding only the window, which your owlfolk character would know, and accessing it from anywhere else would not set off the alarm. Actually, here is the spell sheet copied from D&D Beyond for your convenience.

1630616562781.png

D. Rex D. Rex , Felis Felis , if you could roll a perception check or an investigation check (your choice), that can help with figuring a way around, unless you can use the words I have placed in the RP to find a way yourselves. Roll with advantage if you want to help the other in either check.

In other news, I brought brownies and blondies on a tasteful plate to distribute amongst you all.

You would be correct; the Alarm spell is guarding only the window, which your owlfolk character would know, and accessing it from anywhere else would not set off the alarm. Actually, here is the spell sheet copied from D&D Beyond for your convenience.

View attachment 910189

D. Rex D. Rex , Felis Felis , if you could roll a perception check or an investigation check (your choice), that can help with figuring a way around, unless you can use the words I have placed in the RP to find a way yourselves. Roll with advantage if you want to help the other in either check.

In other news, I brought brownies and blondies on a tasteful plate to distribute amongst you all.
Are both the attic window and the cupola guarded by scrying orbs?

Are both the attic window and the cupola guarded by scrying orbs?

Only the open attic window which can allow in bats has an Alarm spell in it. The other, closed window is screened by wire mesh and locked by a latch (let's say a simple hook) on the other side of the cupola, which can be used to gain entry, though one has to go through to open it first or be especially creative.

Only the open attic window which can allow in bats has an Alarm spell in it. The other, closed window is screened by wire mesh and locked by a latch (let's say a simple hook) on the other side of the cupola, which can be used to gain entry, though one has to go through to open it first or be especially creative.

Okay! On my first reading it sounded like it was also alarmed. But this makes things much easier!

Sorry for the slowness; between sickness and family matters and a Friday D&D session (I am in the United States) I could not get a reply out until today. Let me know if you have any questions, concerns, etc, especially if I missed something.

I do think the dice hate me right now but I can spin it into Phectty being too preoccupied with putting the scrolls into his bag to notice much.

That is precisely what I was envisioning. Considering the circumstances, you were focused on what was happening elsewhere in the other rooms, while Atha scouted tbe room for goodies to steal, you sneaky elf, you.

Sorry it took me a while to respond (and just after I said I'd try to be quicker...)!

I hope I understood it correctly that there isn't really anything else required to open the door on the cupola. Also, should I roll perception/investigation or so for looking around the attic? And would this be a whole ration of food I'm giving the familiar or just part of one (so that I know what to mark off)?

No problem! All is good. I have been busy on my end as well, and replies are trickling in bit by bit, so I was extending the reply period.

The latch is free, so tug that bad boy (the door) open and all will be good. Feel free to perceive or investigate. There might be a goody or two up there, though I can say that there are no traps.

You can give it a "free" bit of food in that it does not expend a ration. A ration is two pounds of food for a day, if memory serves, which is too much for a pinch or two of food for a familiar, so you are welcome to break off a sliver unless you would like to feed the familiar for weeks or a day with tge ration depending on if it is a glutton (spirits do not have to eat).

Now, to read your post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back