• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

RP System in 2.0 -Teaser-

HOLY FUCK THIS IS EVERYTHING I'VE EVER DREAMED OF AND MORE

THE HYPE IS SO GODLY REAL, IT'S SO REAL, OH MY GOD.

AphroditeKitty said:
I'm new, but that sounds great :)
Welcome, glad you are enjoying it :) !

RinDaVamp said:
@The Dark Wizard So what happens with rps already existing, or that have been going for quite a long time? Will they just transfer into the new system automatically, or will they just stay as they are...?
By this do you mean every rp? Also, with that changing, is it going to affect the already existing HPs drastically?

Totally just curious questions here.
Once the update rolls out, New RPs will only be able to be made using this new system. Existing RPs will slowly be moved over as we reach out to users and users reach out to us, its a manual process.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]In the new update, this is what the RP system is slowly shaping up to be. As the site has grown we've noticed that the tab system that only gives you a limited number of linked together threads has slowly become restrictive and overstayed its welcome. The goal here is for RPs in the new update to come to life and have their own space here on RpNation.
2016-07-18_18-25-32.png

When making an RP, instead of getting a thread, you'll get an entire space for your self that autoamtically comes with two forums (yes forums) which you can rename and alter to your whims. Built in Commet system also leds to better and more fluid OOC discusisons as you can see in the above picture.

Other Features:

• Add 3 more forums for a total of 5. (can always ask for more once you have a clear need for them).
  • Role System (create custom permissions and ranks for your players to determine which areas they can see and other stuff). This leds to private areas that the owner can spin up for say other others.
  • Add more owners (Co GM/DM/Creator, go nuts)
  • Upload logo.
  • Member/Invitation System (can control who can join/post in your RP, if its open to all, invite only and more)

chrome_2016-07-18_18-44-35.png

I hope you enjoy this small teaser of whats to come.

If you have any questions/feedback/concerns please post below :) !

[/QUOTE]
So every roleplay's a hosted project? For free? (^U^)

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone feeling overwelmed, Demon is always open to help when it happens and yall are a tad confused so don't rage quite until you seek help first

Riuma said:
I would like an answer to this as well.
[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Once the update rolls out, New RPs will only be able to be made using this new system. Existing RPs will slowly be moved over as we reach out to users and users reach out to us, its a manual process.

[/QUOTE]
Riuma said:
So every roleplay's a hosted project? For free? (^U^)
Yes for free :) . The site has always been free, no ads, paid features, or anything of the site. The site has been for years completely paid for by the staff and the kind donations of the community :) .

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Yes for free :) . The site has always been free, no ads, paid features, or anything of the site. The site has been for years completely paid for by the staff and the kind donations of the community :) .

[/QUOTE]
I didn't mean that kind of free. Right now, a Hosted Project is hard to get. What will it be like with this new system?

This looks so damn complex. But I'll probably get the hang of it soon enough, can't wait!

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Once the update rolls out, New RPs will only be able to be made using this new system. Existing RPs will slowly be moved over as we reach out to users and users reach out to us, its a manual process.

[/QUOTE]
Ah, makes sense. ^--^

-Gives Wiz multiple hype cookies -

Riuma said:
I didn't mean that kind of free. Right now, a Hosted Project is hard to get. What will it be like with this new system?
Anyone can make them :) !

KebabQueen said:
This looks so damn complex. But I'll probably get the hang of it soon enough, can't wait!
This is as difficult as it gets to make one :) !

2016-07-18_19-08-02.png

Its just like making a thread in the existing system, except that the site gives you your own space, not a thread :P !

This looks AMAZING!!!!!

I do have concerns however, regarding complexity. Though in some aspects (a bit minor as far as I can see may I add) the site's current structure can be a little limiting, this seems like a huge change that's being incremented. This looks like a change that will be really hard to get used to, especially for newer members who hadn't even been able to handle the site's former conplexity, which appears to have incremented severely with this update.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Anyone can make them :) !
This is as difficult as it gets to make one :) !

2016-07-18_19-08-02.png

Its just like making a thread in the existing system, except that the site gives you your own space, not a thread :P !

[/QUOTE]
This sounds great, but wouldn't it eventually take forever to scroll through RpN? Wouldn't it be hard to find things? And what would it be like if people spammed boards? How are you gonna prevent that?

Riuma said:
This sounds great, but wouldn't it eventually take forever to scroll through RpN? Wouldn't it be hard to find things? And what would it be like if people spammed boards? How are you gonna prevent that?
I'm assuming the forums are going to show up the same way threads do? But when you click on them, instead of being tabs (like the old RPs), they'll be forum-like? That's just my assumption though.

To add now... I see a rise in "graphic shops" on RPN now... those banners with custom images~ Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas....

Looks neat! But I kinda really like how the rp threads are set up now. Nice and simple to figure out and use. ...maybe just add neat graphics you could add to the forums but the structure of them right now is perfect.

Riuma said:
I entered the RP genre from the forum index and all the RPs look like threads from the outside and they move up and down based on activity like threads do as well.

chrome_2016-07-18_19-13-08.png

Its not any different then the thread list:

chrome_2016-07-18_19-14-24.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back