• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

RP System in 2.0 -Teaser-

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
In the new update, this is what the RP system is slowly shaping up to be. As the site has grown we've noticed that the tab system that only gives you a limited number of linked together threads has slowly become restrictive and overstayed its welcome. The goal here is for RPs in the new update to come to life and have their own space here on RpNation.

2016-07-18_18-25-32.png

When making an RP, instead of getting a thread, you'll get an entire space for your self that automatically comes with two forums (yes forums) which you can rename and alter to your whims. Built in comment system also leads to better and more fluid OOC discussions as you can see in the above picture.

Other Features:

• Add 3 more forums for a total of 5. (can always ask for more once you have a clear need for them).
  • Role System (create custom permissions and ranks for your players to determine which areas they can see and other stuff). This leads to private areas that the owner can spin up for say other others.
  • Add more owners (Co GM/DM/Creator, go nuts)
  • Upload logo.
  • Member/Invitation System (can control who can join/post in your RP, if its open to all, invite only and more)

chrome_2016-07-18_18-44-35.png

I hope you enjoy this small teaser of whats to come.

If you have any questions/feedback/concerns please post below :) !

@The Dark Wizard[/URL]
@The Dark Wizard[/URL] So what happens with rps already existing, or that have been going for quite a long time? Will they just transfer into the new system automatically, or will they just stay as they are...?
[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Once the update rolls out, New RPs will only be able to be made using this new system. Existing RPs will slowly be moved over as we reach out to users and users reach out to us, its a manual process.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]In the new update, this is what the RP system is slowly shaping up to be. As the site has grown we've noticed that the tab system that only gives you a limited number of linked together threads has slowly become restrictive and overstayed its welcome. The goal here is for RPs in the new update to come to life and have their own space here on RpNation.
2016-07-18_18-25-32.png

When making an RP, instead of getting a thread, you'll get an entire space for your self that autoamtically comes with two forums (yes forums) which you can rename and alter to your whims. Built in Commet system also leds to better and more fluid OOC discusisons as you can see in the above picture.

Other Features:

• Add 3 more forums for a total of 5. (can always ask for more once you have a clear need for them).
  • Role System (create custom permissions and ranks for your players to determine which areas they can see and other stuff). This leds to private areas that the owner can spin up for say other others.
  • Upload logo.
  • Member/Invitation System (can control who can join/post in your RP, if its open to all, invite only and more)

[/QUOTE]
Dang, I'm hype, especially for the co-creator/GM status! Just wondering though, will we be able to allow these people to have limited access to parts of the RP, like editing character sheets and such?

Also, just the sound of "2.0" makes me so excited. :)

It looks much cleaner! I was iffy about it before (because of the whole bbcode thing) but now I'm definitely hyped! :D

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]In the new update, this is what the RP system is slowly shaping up to be. As the site has grown we've noticed that the tab system that only gives you a limited number of linked together threads has slowly become restrictive and overstayed its welcome. The goal here is for RPs in the new update to come to life and have their own space here on RpNation.
2016-07-18_18-25-32.png

When making an RP, instead of getting a thread, you'll get an entire space for your self that autoamtically comes with two forums (yes forums) which you can rename and alter to your whims. Built in Commet system also leds to better and more fluid OOC discusisons as you can see in the above picture.

Other Features:

• Role System (create custom permissions and ranks for your players to determine which areas they can see and other stuff). This leds to private areas that the owner can spin up for say other others.
  • Upload logo.

[/QUOTE]
Stop Teasing me. I can't handle the waiting like this 0.0

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]When making an RP, instead of getting a thread, you'll get an entire space for your self that autoamtically comes with two forums (yes forums) which you can rename and alter to your whims. Built in Commet system also leds to better and more fluid OOC discusisons as you can see in the above picture.

[/QUOTE]
My concern is How is this going to affect any current RP threads? If they are still ongoing when this changes

Needs immediately! I am so excited with these possibilities at my finger tips and the creativity that many will now have in creating roleplays. This will do well for my roleplay I have been holding off along with a few more aspects I am looking forward to. This is what dreams are made of.

So with this update in plan, what will happen to Hosted Projects? Since this pretty much seems to give normal RPs the HP treatment, without the requirements. @The Dark Wizard

I'm scared that one day I'm going to come on here and have absolutely no idea what to do, so I'll just rage quit.

tumblr_ndm99ew37W1u06e3ko1_400.gif

Sandertp said:
I'm slightly worried that this new system will become quite intimidating for newer users and RP'ers
Its as simple as filling out the name of your RP and then it auto spins up with two forums you see in the screenshot, you can add more later your self or alter it as you see fit. Its as complicated as the existing tab system. You make the thing and the site does the rest for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back