• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

StrawberryDreamer

Fake adult
The leaves were just starting to change for fall as the students arrived at Rosewood Hall. Most came in limousines or helicopters. Unfortunately there was no landing strip for private jets on grounds, but the project was in the works. The blend of purple, red, and yellow uniforms across campus almost resembled fallen leaves as everyone began to settle in. The school year was just beginning, but little did the students know, so was a mystery no one expected.

~~~~~~~~~~

Erik was grateful to arrive without any delay. In years prior he’s had some problems in Japan with the Yakuza, but this summer went by quite peacefully. He breathed in the familiar woodsy air before thanking his driver and grabbing his bags from the vehicle. As he approached the campus he’d grown to call home he felt a weight lift off his shoulders. He willingly gave his phone to the Stratus dorm leader and collected his room key before walking through the gates.

Erik crossed the campus to the Stratus dorms. It felt like he hadn’t even been away for a second. He entered the common room and went up the stairs to the boys dorm. Though his room number always changed, they all looked the same. He unlocked the door to his room like he’d done so many times before and peaked in at the empty room. He heard he had a roommate this year, even though he always requested single rooms, they weren’t always guaranteed for someone of questionable status like himself.

Erik took the time to claim the bed closest to the door before glancing at the balcony. He’d always had inner rooms, so he’d never even had a window here. Hopefully it didn’t get drafty. He put his suitcase on the bed and started to put his things away.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Astrid stepped out of the Borbón family limo, holding the door open for Isabella behind her. Though she always opted for the uniform pants, the princess wore a petticoat under her skirt and knee high stockings. The princess gave her Partizan a slight curtsy before the other girl closed the door and retrieved the contents of the trunk before sending the driver off. The two girls made their way to the gates with their luggage. They handed over their phones, which was Isabella’s least favorite part of Rosewood.

After getting to the Conch dorms, Astrid held the door open for Isabella before looking for their room on the first floor. Much to Isabella’s delight their room was just down the hall from the pool. Astrid unlocked the door and closed it behind them before finally letting her posture fall. “Finally. I don’t think I can spend another summer with your parents.”

Isabella let a smile creep onto her lips as she hung her clothes up in her wardrobe. “Darling, it’s not so bad. At least they’re paying you.”

Astrid rolled her eyes before throwing her suitcase onto the bed and started grabbing uniforms to hang up. “I’m not sure any money is worth not being able to do this.” She tenderly cupped Isabella’s face before giving her a gentle kiss. It wasn’t like they were never alone at the Borbón mansion, but there were nobles and guards everywhere watching her every move. She had to keep posture and act like she belonged so much more than she did at Rosewood. Here, no one knew she was a Partizan, she had to keep it secret from anyone outside the Spanish nobility. Of course she still had her responsibilities but at least she didn’t have to be polite and poised all the time. It was tiring.

Isabella smiled, returning to hanging up her clothes, “I suppose that is a benefit of not being home.” Even though they were out of the house and the country, their relationship still had to be behind closed doors. If anyone found out Astrid was her Partizan, the consequences could be deadly. Even if Astrid was just another noble, Isabella’s father would be less than thrilled with a gay child. Though marriage equality was established in Spain, her father believed “it’s different when it’s your own child.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

Xavier got out of the car that was called for him. He wasn’t here willingly, if it was up to him he’d be on another tour or in the recording studio. Instead they drove him out here to the middle of fucking nowhere. He kicked open the car door, taking his duffel bag with him, “Thanks for the ride.” He looked up at the campus. So this was his prison? He approached the gates, only to be blocked by the Ivy dorm leader. He narrowed his eyes at her before she spoke, “All students must surrender their phones before entering campus.” Was this bitch fucking serious? God this blows. He grabbed his phone out of his pocket and shoved it into her hands before pushing his way past her.

Now where the hell was he going? He noticed different colored arrows on the ground. Not being an idiot, he followed the purple ones to the Ivy dorms. He opened the door and looked around at the common room. It wasn’t awful, he’d admit that. It looked comfortable enough here. He noticed all the guys going upstairs, so he followed, quickly finding his room number and stepping inside. This wasn’t the worst either. He took the guitar case off his back and placed it on the bed in the corner. He hadn’t had this much space to work with in a long time. Tour buses were tiny and cramped and hotel rooms were so temporary. He sighed before sitting in the desk chair. Would he really have to be here for a few months?

— Joey Walters

Joey dragged her feet out of the car her parents had sent her off in. She offered her chauffeur a quiet thanks before closing the door and yawning, looking up at the campus. It was admittedly a very beautiful school, the buildings were all old and the colorful leaves that whirled around gave it a cosy feel. The brunette heaved her backpack onto her back and tugged a little at the hem of her dress. Outside of school, she wouldn't be caught dead wearing this. No, Joey was more of a comfort before aesthetic kind of person, thus preferring leggings with a hoodie.

Around her was a sea of students with different colored uniforms, and the girl felt like she was the only one who thought it was too early to be up. Regardless, she had done this procedure four times prior, and therefore knew where to go. Once she was in her dorm, perhaps she could take a nap? With that hope, she tiredly made her way to the Stratus house. Tired eyes looked up at the dorm leader, who had thrusted her hand out waiting for Joey to give up her phone. She sighed before producing the phone from her pocket and gave it a kiss before laying it gently in the dorm leader's hands.

Continuing on her way, there were lots of new faces in the common room. First years, huh? The brunette shook her head a little before walking off to her room. Some part of her was excited to have a roommate this year, as she had had the room all to herself last year. Her fingers crossed as she quietly sent a little prayer that whoever it was wasn't going to be annoying. Joey quickly took her backpack off and threw herself onto the bed furthest from the door. A feeling of relief from the agony that was being awake spread throughout her body. "I could just lie here forever..." she grumbled to herself. But alas, she could not. There were lots of things to unpack yet. Not only the backpack, but also the few boxes her parents had sent in advance to minimize her luggage.

She sat up and sighed before moving over to the boxes. One by one, she opened them, and one by one she had no idea what to do with them. It was going to be a long morning.

Last edited:
As the familiar sights of the school came into view, Elenora was practically buzzing with excitement. She loved school and was looking forward to getting back into the groove of things and seeing her friends that she missed while they went their separate ways for the break. Eleonora fussed endlessly with her hair, trying to make sure it was just right for the first day back, she was so engrossed with her own reflection that she nearly jumped out of her skin when her car door was opened for her. She stepped out, smoothing out the bright yellow skirt, she was not about to be caught dead with wrinkles. Elenora's parents who had accompanied her on the way to school went through the same speech they gave every year. "Be good, don't slack off, etc, etc..." Elenora was absolutely not listening. She's heard it from them before and she was very eager to get moving. Ela said her goodbyes and took the two pieces of matching luggage from the driver. Elenora draped her sweater over her shoulders and walked through the front gates of the school.

Ela handed in her phone practically straight away, it was easier to do it as soon as she could, like ripping off the bandaid. The nakedness she felt without her phone dissipated almost instantly as she began walking towards her dorm. The familiarity of the situation brought her great comfort. She was already seeing a lot of familiar faces with some new ones peppered in. Eleonora wanted to stop to chat with everyone to see how their summer went and if they were settling in alright, but she'd never make it to her dorm at that rate. She settled with a wave and a promise to catch up with people later that evening.

As she passed through the common room of Stratus, she began to wonder about her roommate this year. Ela always opted to have a roommate, as she liked the companionship that came from sharing a space with another person. She had been lucky in years past as her roommates have been nothing short of wonderful, and she was praying that this year would be no different. The layout of the building was still fresh in her mind so she had no problem finding the location of her new room. As she cracked open the door to her room she was pleased to see the rest of her belongings had made it there safely. Pushing the door open further, Ela was startled to see that her roommate had made it there before she did. She recognized the girl from around campus, but she didn't know her all that well. Ela gently placed her bags next to the bed closest to the door and approached the girl with her hand out, and a warm smile on her face. "Hello, I'm Elenora. I'm looking forward to rooming with you this year!"

mentions: frogmilk frogmilk

— Tommaso Antonelli

Ah, a new year and a fresh batch of newcomers. Tommaso watched eagerly as the students around him tried to make out where they had to go, thinking it amusing how lost they all seemed. They're in for a good time, he thought to himself. Coming to Rosewood, despite his original aversion, had been good to him and he remembered his first week at the institution with joy.

Thrusting his left hand into his pocket, the tall boy made his way through the swarm of people, dragging along with him a suitcase. If he had been informed correctly, this year he wouldn't be sharing a room with anyone. He wasn't sure how to feel about it, as he quite enjoyed the company that came with a roommate. Tommaso wasn't very fond of being alone, as it often came hand in hand with the agonizing silence that would fuel his brain into... thinking. Regardless, maybe the solace would help him concentrate on his studies. After all, that was one of his more productive coping mechanisms.

He reached the entrance of the Conch house and absentmindedly turned in his phone, quite eager to see what was going on in the common room. A smile spread on his face as he entered it, recognizing a majority of the faces. A handful of his Conch friends had either already settled in or opted to hangout before unpacking, and he contemplated doing the same. Shaking the thought out of his head, he greeted them all told them he'd meet up as soon as he had unpacked.

Tommaso opened the door to his room and breathed in the clean smell. This room looked just like the one he had had last year and the year before that. The familiarity was comforting to him. Seeing as he wouldn't be getting a roommate, Tommaso decided to just leave the suitcase as it was. Nobody would be complaining about his things being in the way anyway. Throwing a glance at himself in the mirror, he adjusted the collar of the white shirt poking through his red sweater. While he was at it, he made sure to loosen the matching tie as well. With that, the italian made his way out of his room and skipped back down to the common room to meet with his friends.

🥀👁 Malachi Robel 👁🥀

Malachi's crutch clacked unevenly along the cobblestone path to the Conch house as he struggled to pull his wheeled suitcase along behind him. He strayed behind the crowd of incoming students, not making too much of an effort to keep up. On stressful days like this, he needed a little space. Though the route was familiar by this point, he kept his head down to follow the colored arrows to his house dorms. His mind was foggy already, everything seeming to rush by him in a silent whirlwind as if the world was on fast-forward and he were.... somewhere outside of himself. He hadn't noticed it yet, but he was quietly muttering some sort of rhyme under his breath as he went along.

He found his roommate had already already been there, having left his suitcase haphazardly on the ground. Malachi almost tripped over it. Evidently, "Tommaso Antonelli" as the slip on the door had read, had not been expecting Malachi. Must have thought he'd be alone. This wasn't the first time they'd forgotten to notify Malachi's roommate. With a pained wheeze, he dropped his own suitcase and sank down on the bed on the left side of the room, giving his aching right leg a chance to rest as he looked askance into the mirror, his own greenish-hazel eyes staring uncomfortably back at him. His own company had grown to be quite the uncomfortable presence, so he didn't stay long. Gritting his teeth for the discomfort, he grabbed ahold of his crutch again and pulled himself to his feet. No point in starting to unpack now, if his roommate wasn't even there to negotiate the space.

He decided to make for the common room, sure he could find Tommaso there. He had a vague recollection of what the boy looked like-- they must have shared a class at some point. Surely enough, he almost instantly spotted the bright red vest in the swarm of students. Red like blood. Malachi shivered a little, hobbling up and prodding the taller boy on the shoulder. "S-sorry," He started awkwardly, taking a step back as soon as he caught Tommaso's eyes. "Antonelli, right? I'm... I'm your roommate. I'm afraid administration must have forgotten to inform you..." He leaned into his crutch, keeping his gaze averted to the ceiling as he repeated his own words to himself quietly, as if to make sure they were the right ones.

frogmilk frogmilk

— Joey Walters.

Joey grimaced as she heard the door open behind her. That’d have to be her roommate. A small sigh escaped her as she turned around to see who it was. The grimace dropped from her face and she tried to muster up a small smile. Before extending her hand to the girl, Joey quickly brushed a lock of hair behind her ear.

”Hi, nice to meet you. I’m Joey.” As they shook hands, Joey did a quick scan of the girl. Elenora, huh? Joey recognized her, and had she not been so tired she would have done so sooner. She would be rooming with Elenora St. Vincent. The red-haired girl in front of her seemed to know everybody and Joey had both seen and heard of her before.

Joey offered her one last smile before she returned to the mess at her corner of the room. Small talk, make small talk. ”So, uh… how long have you been attending Rosewood?” Joey wasn’t usually very awkward, but the energy it took for her brain to produce a decent conversation was nowhere to be found. Maybe next time she shouldn’t stay up until the AM the night before school.

”Ugh, this really is the worst part about coming back here, huh?” Joey had risen from the floor and was now attempting to organize her clothes into her drawer. All she really wanted to do was take a nap, and maybe have a snack. Though in the presence of her roommate, she couldn’t just leave her things all messy. And she also couldn’t take a nap this early in the day, that’d be perceived as… weird, probably.

mentions: PinkChiffon PinkChiffon

Of course, Joey! Ela's heard that name float across the common room a handful of times. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Joey." Ela stretched her arms, still feeling a bit stiff from her drive from the airport. She brushed her hair back as she surveyed her own packed bags. While unpacking never really took her all that long, she still wasn't crazy about it. After spending a lot of her summer watching Tidying Up, she had a lot of clothing with her this year compared to years past. It was still far more than she would ever need, but she liked having options. "I'm just starting my fifth year here! Sometime's it feels like I've hardly ever left, the place feels just like home to me. What about you? I know I've seen you around a few times, so definitely not a first year." Ela popped open the first of many suitcases. She wasn't home when it was time to pack so her parents had hired movers to do it for her. Much to her delight, her clothes were placed into her suitcase already on hangers for her so all she needed to do was pop them into her closet. It took only a few trips back and forth from her suitcases to the closet to get 80% of her clothing unpacked. Ela took a seat on her own bed, one leg crossed over the other, her foot tapping lightly on the side of a now-empty suitcase. She shuffled her large satchel mouth bag of cosmetics, double-checking that it's contents made it through travel safely. "Oh, tell me about it! Unpacking can be such a drag!" She set her bag aside, suddenly very disinterested in its contents, as well as finishing the rest of the unpacking. "We can always come back to it later and go on a walk around campus if you'd like. Have a chance to get to know each other a bit? Maybe we'll run into some people we know."

Mentions: frogmilk frogmilk

Vance Woodrow
Mood [Nervous.] Outfit [Ivy uniform.] Location [Ivy dorms.] Tags [ StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer ] Mentions [Xavier]

Vance stepped from his vehicle like everyone else. And, like clockwork, he strode his way to the gates. As he was stopped by the dorm leader for his phone, he gave no opposition, handing in the phone just as asked. He knew the routine, and was sure to follow by it strictly. He entered the building, carrying his bag close at his side as he looked for his room. Occasionally, he would help direct some first-years. It’s not like he was expected to at all, but he felt the compulsive need to help anybody who would need it.

The boy reaches his room now, opening the door and setting his things down. He paused at the sight of Xavier before bowing respectively. ”Um, hello,” He said before rising. “I’m Vance, uhh.. I’m your roommate. Sorry if you were expecting a room of your own or something, it wasn’t my choice-“. Vance sort of scooted over to the side before speaking again. “If you want to claim a bit of extra space, you can go ahead. I promise I won’t be in the way, or I’ll at least try not to”. The boy was obviously nervous, and at quite unease. It’s not that he minded having a roommate at all, it was just the fact that he was sort of afraid he’d make his roommate upset or mad at him in some way.

The boy adjusted his uniform slightly, trying to look presentable in front of his new roommate. “I totally understand if you don’t want to look or talk to me at all, I’m sure I can get dividers or something- umm.. oh- uh- sorry for rambling- I-“ Vance was metaphorically stumbling, tripping, falling. Oh God, his attempts to keep his composure falter before him, embarrassing him as much as possible.

= Schuyler Snow =

The sight of the incoming school was coming into view as Schuyler's Helicopter closed in. She however remained focused on a simple 8x8 Rubix Cube in her hands. She had completed it about 13 times during the flight, her own nervousness about coming back to school was reoccurring theme. She always felt like she was fighting in a social ladder among people here. Everyone always was known for something big and while that might have been true for Schuyler as well, it only served to remind her how much she missed her father.

As the Helicopter landed down the pilot nodded for to get a move on. Of course she was being rushed. Her grandparents knew how much she would try to worm her way out of this if she could. She didn't hate Rosewood, she simply got shy once the date turned around and came. Grabbing her suitcase she got out of the Helicopter. She walked to the school campus and headed to the gates, being stopped by the Ivy Dorm Leader, who informed her that all students had to give up their phone. She didn't mind. She didn't use her phone as much as others did, infact she barely used it at times only using it because all of her friends used it to communicate. She pulled the phone out of her suitcase and handed it to the leader. "Here." She said smiling.

She felt more at ease as she advanced on, feeling much more like her natural self. She had made to her dorm, opening the door and setting her suitcase down unpacking. There was nobody else in the room but maybe that was a plus considering she had the space to herself. She spent some time unpacking and making sure everything was to her liking, standing on the bed with her fingers shaped like a square over her eye, she made her best imitation of a camera noise before deciding to head to the common rooms. Maybe someone would be in there?

However upon arriving it didn't seem like anyone was in there either. Schuyler was hoping that the entire Ivy house wouldn't be just her, otherwise it was probably gonna get abit boring around here...

— Tommaso Antonelli.

Tommaso’s laughter and conversation were cut short as someone had poked his shoulder. Confused, he turned around. The boy in front of him had ginger hair and was leaning on a crutch. Though Tommaso couldn’t claim to know the boy, he had definitely seen him around. He was peculiar and quite frankly a little hard to forget.

“Roommate? Oh, man, I thought I was gonna be alone for the year or I wouldn’t have just left my things like that.” He gave him an apologetic smile and scratched the back of his neck. He turned to look at his friends again, offering them a cheeky smile.

"Sorry guys, I gotta go. I'll see you around." He raised two fingers to his brow and offered his friends a salute before turning around to the boy again, gesturing for him to follow him as he started walking back to their room. The taller boy tried his best to match his pace with that of the redhead and realized he had no idea what his name was. "I'm Tom by the way, though maybe you already knew that?" He looked at the boy and chuckled, but didn't stop walking. "What's your name?"

Tommaso was truly relieved to find out he wouldn't be all alone this year, though he was well annoyed with administration for not telling him about it. Hopefully, he'd be able to redeem himself from what he could only assume was a pretty bad first impression. It wouldn't do to be on bad terms with the guy he'd be rooming with all year.

mentions: Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

— Joey Walters.

The brunette threw a glance at the other. "Yeah, same here. Though I'll be honest, I really hate that 'no phone' stuff they've got going on here." A true techie at heart, it was the worst thing about coming back to school. Joey made her best to fold her clothes and put them away neatly, though there was nothing in the world that she had less interest in doing right now. Once they were somewhat organized, she moved back to one of her boxes. A neatly written label said Books on the side of the box and she was surprised to see her mother's handwriting. Her parents were busy folks and hadn't even had the time to bid her farewell this morning, so seeing it brought a little smile to her face.

Once the box was open, that smile quickly faded away. First of all, this box didn't contain any books at all, and second of all these weren't even her things. "Are you serious right now..." Her voice wasn't louder than a whisper. She leaned back onto her hands and stared at the ceiling, giving out a big sigh. Elenora's suggestion quickly grabbed the tired girl's attention and her head bobbed in her direction. Joey put her weight onto her left hand and cheekily pointed at the redhead.

"That sounds like a brilliant idea." Though she had been outside just a while ago and it hadn't necessarily had any effect on her, Joey thought a bit of fresh air would perk her energy right up. Besides, that way she didn't have to keep unpacking. Rising to her feet, she threw a glance at the incorrectly labeled box. I'll deal with you later, she thought before digging through her backpack to find that godforsaken yellow sweater vest. She threw it on and stepped towards the door, whirling around once she reached it. "Let's go."

🥀👁 Malachi Robel 👁🥀

"Alright... s-sor-sorry to drag you away from your friends. For, I mean, I think..." Malachi apologized, then seemed to trail off mid-sentence, mouthing silently as he cast his wide-eyed green stare over Tommaso's shoulder.

He was quite thankful that his roommate decided to match pace with him instead of charging on ahead. With Tomasso's long strides, Malachi was quite sure he'd be left in the dust. He quietly limped along after-- well, mostly quietly, he still seemed to occasionally be whispering to himself, staring off ahead as if in a trance. "Tom..." he repeated at the tall boy's introduction (god, was he tall. He towered almost a foot over Malachi,) then he laughed very suddenly. "Tom... Antonelli. Your surname, I remembered it! That was the part... I remembered... I'm Malachi." He pronounced his own name as if with a sense of sovereignty, actually straightening up a little as he quickened his uneven and unsteady gait.

It wasn't a long walk from the common room to the dorms, but Malachi was still more than a little tired after being on his feet most of the day. Well, his foot anyway, "Mind if I take the left side of the room?" He asked, somehow without tripping over his own words for once, "It does get more light. If you want..." He never finished that sentence either, instead simply seeming to forget himself and begin unzipping his suitcase, taking his belongings out with a sort of blank confusion on his face. He silently folded up identical uniform shirts, tucking them into one of the two dressers.
frogmilk frogmilk

Last edited:
As Jaden pulled out a black duffel from the back of a black Lincoln, he glanced around at the kids milling about. They were all in uniform, as was he. But while they all looked fresh and pressed, his was wrinkled and disheveled. He felt out of place, like he didn't really belong here. Like he was pretending. And that really annoyed him. He did enough pretending at home, it was disappointing to get to Rosewood and have to pretend some more.

His aunt had been thrilled that he had gotten in. She didn't really take his music very seriously and was hoping he'd finally give up on that dream once he arrived at the school. The only reason he was even here was because of Xavier, though. Or he wouldn't have bothered. He actually was serious about his music and the band, and he hoped the next few months would fly by quickly.

Shouldering the duffel bag, he had been told the rest of his things would be in his room. His aunt had come with him, but as always she wasn't really paying attention to the boy. She was on her cellphone talking away about whatever crisis was happening at her company. Jaden considered waiting, maybe she'd say something nice. Maybe she'd tell him she'd miss him. But once Jaden realized what he was doing he wrinkled his nose and headed off, giving his aunt a cold wave before he disappeared into the crowd of students.

It was bad enough he had to hang around her house and be a bother, he didn't also want to beg for love and affection. Shoving his feelings aside, the boy surrendered his phone, and then sauntered off, studying the school as he walked. He had to admit it was really nice and fancy, as expected. He followed after the crowd with the uniforms similar to his, hoping they'd lead him to the Ivy dorms.

They did, and after several minutes of trying to locate his dorm, the boy opened the door and dropped his things on the ground. He threw himself on the bed, face down. He didn't think he had a roommate, which was kind of sad. It wasn't like he cared for it, he liked being alone, but he also wouldn't have minded it either. He supposed he should put his things away, but he honestly wasn't really feeling it. He turned his head, staring at the wall and listening to the footsteps of the students out in the hall.

After several minutes of spacing out, he decided enough was enough. He wanted to find Xavier, but without his phone and in a school he didn't know, that would be impossible. Getting off the bed, he ran a hand through his hair and poked his head out into the hall. There was no one in sight, maybe the commons? It was worth a check. Heading downstairs, the brunette boy wasn't really surprised that Xavier wasn't there. In fact, there wasn't anyone except for a blonde girl. He stood in the doorway for a few seconds, he wanted to just turn around and leave, pretending he hadn't seen her but he stopped himself. Did he really want to spend the rest of the school year with Xavier as his only friend?

"Hey," he said, emberassingly enough, his voice cracked. He quickly cleared his throat, his cheeks tinting pink. "Sorry, I was looking for someone. You don't know an Xavier, do you?"

Last edited:
Ela clasped her hands together, smile beaming, pleased her idea was met with some enthusiasm. While she knew that she was just pushing the inevitable unpacking back, she didn't care. Out of sight, out of mind! She was far more interested in getting to know her new roommate and possibly doing some catching up with some old friends. Ela carefully moved around the suitcases that surrounded her bed like a fortress, quickly falling into line with Joey. Ela was moving quickly with long strides, trying to get through the hustle and bustle of other students coming and going as they moved it, always keeping a lookout for familiar faces, occasionally waving to people as they passed. Once through the common room and back outside, she slowed her pace and fell into step with her roommate. "So Joey," Ela glanced down at the shorter girl, "Where's home for you and your family? What are they like?" Ela had a million questions and was making the effort to pace herself. She didn't want Joey to feel like she was being interrogated, but also if Ela could just interrogate people, she absolutely would.

Mentions: frogmilk frogmilk

No sooner than Xavier had gotten up to start putting away, the door creaked open. He turned his head to see a shy boy enter the room. He looked the boy over before returning to putting his things away. He listened to the boy speak as he shoved things haphazardly into the closet. He’d eventually find everything, even in this mess. “Yeah it wasn’t up to me either,” Xavier rolled his eyes, he’d really rather be anywhere else. He continued to force things into the closet, disregarding the comment about extra space. He didn’t need fake handouts from this kid. He was probably one of those rich motherfuckers.

Xavier listed to the kid stutter for a little longer before sighing, “I’m not that scary lookin am I?” The kid was practically sweating buckets and it wasn’t a good look on him. “I’m Xavier, I assume you’re Nervous Nelly or something?” He was trying to be funny, but it didn’t seem like it was going to hit that way.

~~~~~~~~~~

Astrid collapsed on the bed as she and Isabella had finished setting up the room. She didn’t bring too much, but Isabella had three large bags and finding space for all that was a task in itself. Still, it felt like home.

Isabella put a soft hand on Astrid’s arm, watching her eyes softly flutter back open, “We should get back out there.”

Astrid groaned, closing her eyes again, “No, five more minutes, My Princess.”

A smile grew across Isabella’s face, “Come on, I have appearances to uphold.” Isabella was part of the welcoming committee and planned most events on campus every year. While Astrid attended the functions, she was more there to watch than anything else.

Astrid pushed herself up to sit on the edge of the bed. Of course, even here they had to keep up with some sort of social norm. “Alright, I’ll head out with you.” She put her jacket back on before standing. Time to look like she was fancy enough to be here! She pushed the door open for Bella and made sure it locked behind them.

Isabella smiled as they greeted all the girls on the first floor. Some didn’t keep her around long, but others talked her ear off. She took a second at the bottom of the stairs to adjust her outfit before going up to great the boys. He knocked lightly at the first door before letting herself in, “Welcome back!” She waved until her eyes met Malachi’s, “Oh you must be new! I’m Isabella, your Conch event hostess. I’m sure it’ll be wonderful having you here. If you need help with anything be sure to let me know.” She didn’t want to directly reference his current... disability, but she wanted him to know she’d be there to help. “I hope this guy isn’t giving you too much trouble, are you Tom?”

Mentions: frogmilk frogmilk , Chimney Swift Chimney Swift , yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy

Vance Woodrow
Mood [Nervous.] Outfit [Ivy uniform.] Location [Ivy dorms.] Tags [ StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer ] Mentions [Xavier]

Vance held his suitcase closer to himself, adjusting his posture. “I- um..” His jaded eyes peered around the room before he side-scooted his way over to the unclaimed area of the room. He set his suitcase down on the bed and sat down, fiddling with his thumbs. That’s when Xavier called Vance the name he did. Vance knew that of course, the boy didn’t mean it maliciously. It was all in good fun.

Right?

Vance didn’t quite know how to respond at first, and frankly, he wasn’t sure that he should. “I- um- I..” Vance had forgotten his own name for a minute, blanking out. He grabbed his suitcase and opened it, checking what all he should unpack first. “Umm.. Vance. Vance Woodrow. It’s.. nice to meet you, Xavier.” The boy would say in a tone that was barely above a mumble. He pulls a few undershirts from his bag first, setting them carefully down next to himself as to not ruin the folds.

Vance would continue to unpack miscellaneous items until he found himself with an empty case. He hadn’t truly unpacked, it was more on the level of ‘take everything out of the suitcase and set it next to you until you figure out where you want it to go. He had remained silent when he did this, but he spoke out again, “Um.. about the extra space.. is that something you’d want? I- I.. umm.. I just want to know now, so I know where all I can put my things..” Vance would say, yet again, barely above a whisper. He spoke as if the roof would collapse if he spoke any louder. “I- I don’t want to intrude, or anything. You can even lay down rules if you want. I’m pretty quiet, and I promise I won’t take up too much space..”

=Schuyler Snow=
with: Jaden Malcolm Rosalie Rosalie

Schuyler was beginning to wonder where everyone was. If there weren't any girls in the dorms, then that likely meant she was the only female in Ivy currently. There didn't seem to be anyone in the common room so it meant the boys were likely unpacking. Atleast she thought so until a voice snapped her out of her thoughts. Turning around she was met with a boy. A brunette. Schuyler didn't think much of his appearance and simply greeted him with a smile. He seemed to be looking for someone named Xavier, who Schuyler hadn't met. He seemed nervous, his voice visibly cracking although Schuyler didn't know why he was so nervous.

"I'm afraid I don't know anyone named Xavier."

She said moving towards him. She walked up to him at the doorway and held out her hand.

"I'm Schuyler. From your uniform I can tell you're a Ivy house student like me." She said in a friendly voice.

"That's great. It'd be nice to have a friend around here. I wish I had my polaroid on me. That's ok I'll just remember this moment." She said reaching into her pocket and realizing it was empty. She had been getting into photography more lately, honestly she just liked being able to take pictures of scenery and events, something mundane about creating portfolios and small picture binders was fun as well. Schuyler put her arm around Jaden's shoulder. "So who is this Xavier? Some friend of yours? Think we could scare him?" She said.

— Tommaso Antonelli.

“It’s nice to meet you, Malachi.” He offered him a little smile and then they had reached their room. Tommaso wasn’t going to lie; he thought he knew this kid’s name, but it turned out to be something completely different. Malachi, huh? Tommaso didn’t think more of it and walked straight to his suitcase, that he had seemingly left in the middle of the damn room. How rude.

“Yeah, sure, go ahead! I was going to call dibs on the right side anyways.” Tommaso chuckled again, and then he heaved his suitcase up on the bed to open it up. Malachi seemed to have a habit of not finishing his sentences, and while it was kind of endearing, Tommaso couldn’t help but itch to ask what he was going to say. As the brunette started hanging up his clothes, he looked around the room for a box he had sent in advance. Once his eyes laid upon it, he rubbed his palms together with a smile and squatted down in front of it. He opened it carefully and a beaming smile crept up on him. His plants.

“Hey, you don’t happen to be allergic to any plants, do you?” He asked, holding up a baby pothos. An unpleasant thought crawled into his head: Fuck, what if he is? I’ll have to get rid of them… He looked back into the box. They weren’t many, just the pothos he was holding in his hand, a basil plant and mini monstera that was still to grow tall. He had picked this interest up during the summer back in sunny Italy.

Before he could put the plant down, a knock was heard at the door and in came the Spanish princess and her… friend. Or whatever Astrid was. He feigned offense and brought his free hand to his heart. “I’m not always trouble, Isabella. I think we’re getting along fine.” His eyes went from Isabella to Malachi and he gave him a big grin. Hopefully, they were getting along well. Tommaso definitely thought so.

— Joey Walters.

Joey had a bit of trouble keeping up with Elenora as she so hastily made her way through the Stratus house, though once outside, she finally slowed down. Joey didn’t have all that many friends. She told herself it was because she didn’t want more than she had — which was true, by all means — but sometimes she wondered if it was because other people didn’t want to be her friend. Elenora on the other hand seemed to be waving left and right to people. Surely, not all of her acquaintances were close friends?

“Home?” Joey wasn’t sensitive to the topic, but she didn’t have much to tell. “Uh, well, we live in London. My parents pretty much work twenty-four seven so they aren’t home all that much, but I guess that’s pretty common for kids here? Anyways… there isn’t much to tell. Oh, I do have two cats back home. Miracle that they’re alive, probably thanks to our cleaning lady.” Come to think of it, Joey had spent more time with the family’s cleaning lady than with her parents during the summer.

She pocketed her hands in the dress to keep them warm and looked up at the taller girl. “How about you?” This had to be the most social first day Joey had had in a couple of years.

🥀👁 Malachi Robel 👁🥀

'"Me? Ah... N-no. No allergies." Malachi answered blithely, still neatly folding up his clothes. It didn't occur to him to ask why Tom had asked this question. Allergic to plants? Why would he want to know that? Furthermore, bold of him to assume the Eye of the Nine would be so weak as to... wait. No, that wasn't right at all. He finished putting his spare uniforms away as quickly as he had started and was now arranging his school things on the desk, seemingly determined to be finished unpacking as soon as humanly possible.

Just then, a knock at the door. Malachi startled so badly he overbalanced and nearly toppled over. He still... wasn't quite used to people knocking, instead of just barging in as they pleased. Two girls stood ready at the door, one silent as the grave, the other, Isabella she said she was, immediately chirping along happily about her role as event hostess and pledging her assistance should Malachi need it. He cringed back a little in discomfort, as her eyes passed over his crutch as she said it."If I... If I need help... with anything." He repeated clumsily, evidently unsure of what to say. For some reason, he kept looking back to her silent companion, though he said nothing more. He shifted a step back away from the doorframe, almost as if to invite the girls in. Was that allowed? He wasn't sure.

frogmilk frogmilk StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer

Samantha Jones
Her parents always told her to behave herself and often times she did. Like on this day, standing outside the Ivy dorms, her bag strapped idly over one shoulder. Her parents had personally dropped her off, on one of the only days they had off. She was greatful to have spent time with her parents before they began ignoring her like they always did when they left her someplace. But they never left without telling her to behave and always forgetting to say "I love you."

That pained her he most, not hearing those words, so spending her time at Rosewood was the only way she could get herself to forget. Pain shouldn't ever control you and she learned that the hard way. She'd dust herself off, looking around. It was nice here, more so than the stuffy mansion she was forced to live in most of the time. Taking a breath, she'd walk into the girls dorms, walking until she found her room. Slipping the key into the handle, she'd walk inside.

Empty as always, which wasn't uncommon, just unexpected. "Perhaps it'll be the year that they give me a single dorm." She murmured, tossing her bag onto the bed. Shaking her head, she'd walk over to the window, peering outside. The leaves were a sight to behold, something she figured she could get used to, despite never really having any window dorms. But her fifth year was something different, something new. And perhaps she'd actually make a friend or two and rise from 'the person who helps poor kids'.

Sighing, she'd turn away from the window, making her way over to the bed. Plopping next to her bag, she'd reach inside and grab a small picture, though one that held a lot of meaning to her. The final picture she took with her parents before everything went downhill. Though she couldn't really blame them, and she didn't. They were busy, and she couldn't argue.

She held the picture close to her chest for a few minutes, before getting up once more. Combing a hand through her hair, she decided that she'd unpack later and headed to the door of her dorm. Nodding to herself, she walked through it, into the slightly peaceful hallways.

Xavier didn’t understand why this guy was so hellbent on giving him extra space, “Dude- um Vance, it’s just as much my room as it is yours. Take the space or don’t, I don’t care.” He sighed, closing the cluttered closet and leaving the rest of his suitcase and it’s contents askew on the bed. He wasn’t feeling this right now. “I’m gonna head out, have fun in here.” He shut the door behind him, taking a moment to reorient himself before heading down the hallway. He hurried his way down the stairs, skipping a step as he went.

Xavier entered the common room and his eyes soon caught Jadon’s. “Hey man, you come to bail me out of here,” He winked. He sincerely doubted they were going to make the ultimate breakout, but it was nice to dream. “What are ya doin here? And don’t tell me it’s just to hit on hot chicks,” he winked at Schuylar. Maybe being here wouldn’t be too terrible, but he wouldn’t pretend to be thrilled about it.

Mentioned: yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy Rosalie Rosalie SomebodyElse SomebodyElse
~~~~~~~~~~~

Astrid leaned on the doorframe, her arms crossed. It seemed this was one of the rooms they’d be spending a bit of extra time in. As for Isabella she eagerly made her way in, glancing at Tom as he made a comment about the boys getting along. Then Malachi repeated her prior statement. Had she offended him? Hopefully not! “Yes of course, any help at all. With homework, friends, if you’re lost... Anything!” Surely that would make for a good recovery. She let her eyes wander around the room as Tom continued to unpack, “Everything looks like it’s coming together nicely. Your plant sure have grown since last year, Tom. Have you considered taking Botany as your elective? Theirs still time to sign up for classes today!”

Astrid found these rounds exhausting. It wasn’t like she was the one talking to everyone, but even being a bystander to conversation felt like a drain to her energy. Still, Isabella kept going, “What’s the plan with the walls? Any posters? Or are we keeping the echo unobstructed for an acoustic effect?” Personally her and Astrid had several posters of just about anything to reduce the echo. If it was double pages from a magazine, it was up there. However, she understood keeping it was beneficial to musicians for... some reason. Others might simply not mind it. “Maybe you could put up some hanging plants, that would look pretty cool!”

“Princess, we’re going to be late for dinner at this point,” Astrid warned, pushing herself off the doorframe back into a standing position.

“Nonsense, we’ll only be a few more minutes,” Bella brushed her guard off, continuing to stand in the middle of the room. “Please forgive her, she’s impatient.”

mentioned: frogmilk frogmilk Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

"Ooh, London is such a wonderful city! Not much sunshine, but you'd hardly tell from looking at you, you have such a lovely complexion. I'm sad to say I haven't made it out to London in some time. I used to go for fashion week when I was little, but I'm always at school now. Have you ever gone? It's such a lovely time, way better than Paris fashion week, but not quite as good as Milan if you ask me," Elenora teased. "We live in Milan. My parents work a lot too, but I'm fortunate that our atelier is local, so they don't travel too often. Even when they do travel, I typically go with them, so I can learn the ropes." Ela thought for a moment, her parents really did work all the time. But thinking about it, so did Ela. Especially this past summer more than most, she was getting older and was expected to take on more work under their supervision. She knew that it was her parent's way of showing her that they have faith in her, but now that she was back at school, it felt like she was finally on break. Shouldn't it feel like the other way around? "I don't have any siblings or pets. We're not allowed animals in the house. I always wanted a dog, though!" Ela chirped. "One of those big white fluffy ones. They are just the sweetest looking things."The no-pets rule of the house was the only rule that she truly resented. Sure she disagreed with plenty of her parent's choices, but the one regarding pets was the only one she was ever confrontational about. Eleonora really could go on about the dogs she wanted, but she didn't want to bore Joey to death. "What about for fun? How do you keep busy while your parents are away?" Ela glanced down at her watch out of the corner of her eyes, fearing that she would come across as rude or uninterested in what her roommate had to say. She did notice it was nearing time for dinner so she began to walk in the direction of the dining hall.

interactions: frogmilk frogmilk

— Tommaso Antonelli.

”Great.” Tommaso’s hands dove into the box as he reached for his basil plant. He loved the smell of it, hence why he decided to bring it with him. The little watering contraption his grandmother had given him seemed to be all out of water and the leaves had started drooping. “Man, are you fragile…” he mumbled, setting it down on the windowsill. Once all the plants were out of the box, he stood with his hands on his hips and looked at them, quite proud of himself. To a plant enthusiast, this was nothing. They were but three and none of them very impressive — the pothos even had a yellowing leaf — but Tommaso figured they’d grow in time and was proud nonetheless.

He spun around and sat down on his bed next to his suitcase. "I didn't even know we had botany as an option." He wasn't sure it would be a good fit for him, but it was definitely worth investigating. "I'll ask around about it." He answered her, leaning back onto his hands. His eyes darted around the walls as Isabella asked about whether they'd be putting up posters or not. Tommaso wasn't very decorative and had not been allowed much freedom in his room back at home, but he had definitely had roommates who liked posters in the past. Not all of them very tasteful or appropriate, but he wasn't one to object.

He looked at Malachi and then back at Isabella. "The only thing I hang up on the wall is a calendar." His mouth formed a grin before he spoke again. "Do you have any posters, Malachi?" He asked, trying to get to know his roommate a bit better.

Astrid caught his attention from the doorframe, she looked bored as ever. Her remark reminded him: "Does anyone know what's on the menu today?"

Samantha Jones
She made her way down the hallways, past the large crowds of people to the dining hall. Her stomach grumbled, wanting to be fed after such a long trip. If she wasn't so tired and worn out, then perhaps she'd agree with her stomach, but as she looked at the other students, she realized she couldn't really complain. So many other students had to be worn out and hungry and it wasn't her place to say anything. So she didn't, she kept her mouth shut as students turned to watch her pass.

She had a reputation here as someone that would stand up for the weak, just as she did when she was home. It was something others really didn't expect, but she hoped it had a good affect on some of the students. Of course her job here was minor, just protecting people when high class students decided they had the right to flash their wealth in someone's face. She herself may have been from on of the major families, but she refused to use that in any way to harm another.

Perhaps that was why she was looked down upon, because she couldn't bring herself to harm another, whether mentally or physically. Everytime she watched it happen, she felt their pain as if it was her own. Because once, that pain was hers, but in a different way. One would expect everyone to worship them because their parents were rich, but that wasn't the case. Quite frankly, she was despised, which didn't really hurt her considering she didn't care. But she knew it hurt others, which was why she was willing to thrust herself forward.

She stopped outside the dining hall, leaning against the wall. She had no reason to enter it, and if she was being honest, she didn't want to. It was more than likely that few students would be inside, as most stayed in their dorms for a few minutes before heading that way. She of course did not, and she catered herself to it. But she also didn't want to seem like she wanted to be there first, because that wasn't the case. So instead, she waited, hair combed to one side, while everyone stayed in their dorms or began heading that way.

🥀👁 Malachi Robel 👁🥀

"Me? Posters! Yes! I... uh..." Malachi turned back to his suitcase, quickly rummaging around to unearth a rolled-up sheet of paper. Unrolling it, he revealed a strange and complex circular design: the Mayan calendar.

...For some reason. So far, everything the boy had pulled out of his suitcase head been pretty normal: just school supplies and uniforms, some spare casual clothes, an extra pillow. Now he had started into the weird stuff, it seemed.

"It's not much, I-I thi-th-th... I suppose. But posters." He smiled a little in spite of himself. He kept close watch on the silent girl. He didn't know why, but she reminded him of something. Then suddenly, she spoke up. "Princess, we're going to be late for dinner at this point." Princess? This Isabella girl was a princess! How exciting, though not exactly unusual given the school they attended. Malachi was actually a more unusual case... he hadn't exactly met another teen cult icon on campus yet. He supposed, though, there probably was one enrolled somewhere. Maybe in a different house.

He didn't address the princess' clarifying comment. He seemed to have slipped into yet another one of his little dazes.He had started quietly murmuring to himself again as he turned back to unpacking, delicately brushing off the glass case of what appeared to be an owl skeleton before placing it atop his dresser alongside his schoolbooks and hairbrush. As if it were a completely normal thing to have on one's dresser, he made no comment of it and simply returned to his task. Kneeling down on the floor to do this was excruciating on his bad leg, so he had taken to perching on the edge of his bed and leaning over himself awkwardly to sift through his suitcase.

frogmilk frogmilk StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer

— JOEY WALTERS.

"Hm, I'm not really into fashion... you'll see on weekends." She said, jokingly. Though it seemed Eleanora spoke on without pause, something Joey wasn't usually the biggest fan of, it felt nice she didn't have to be the one carrying the conversation. Because let's be honest, there'd be no conversation that way. As the brunette listened to the taller girl, her eyes wandered across campus. The sun was no longer high on the sky as it was nearing dinner time. She could imagine her peers coming from closer to the equator dreading the lack of light that came with being in Britain during the fall and winter. Being born and raised here herself, she was used to it. Quite hated it, though. Her eyes travelled back to her company.

"Ah, Milan must be nice, though." She had always wanted to go there, but for some reason her parents always looked west instead of east. Sure, the big fishes swam over in the States, but Joey much preferred the atmosphere of Europe. Oh, the dreaded question. What do you do for fun? What did she do for fun? Joey was never sure what to answer.

"Uh... I'm not sure." She kicked a rock on the ground, thinking of a good response. "I like playing games, I guess? I don't really do much, to be honest." She let out a small chuckle. They were nearing the dining hall, and Joey could feel how hungry she was. "Oh, hey! What's your favourite food?" She asked the question with a sudden burst of energy, just thinking of dinner made her excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back