• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

calista

MOOD: excited,
OUTFIT: uniform. (she always sneaks shorts underneath her skirt though)
TAGS: none
MENTIONS: tommo frogmilk frogmilk + astrid/isabella StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer + malachai Chimney Swift Chimney Swift
the eager redhead was beyond thrilled to be back at rosewood, continuing the family legacy of attending the prestigious school. her roommate thus far was a no show, so she decided that meant she got first dibs on which side she wanted. picking the right, furthest from the door and the side with the window, she set her suitcase on her bed. a dark maroon duffle bag was plopped right next to it. the youngest murphy unzipped her suitcase, half of it filled with her precious sneaker collection. the girl loved a good sneaker, besides that combat boots seemed to be the only shoes she owned. cal's hair fell down in messy waves as she leaned over her belongings, separating everything into piles according to where it would go. once she had her clothes hanging, she checked the time. her stomach growling surely was enough to remind her it was time to eat.

my god, i'm famished. she said lowly to herself. it was time to go fetch her friends and head down to dinner. her brain immediately went to one of her good pals, tom. she knew his room number as they had been texting over the summer when room assignments were posted. she huffed, grabbing the key to her dorm and locking the door behind her. she shoved it into her pocket as she strode down the hallway. she waved a few familiar faces on the girls floor before reaching the stairs and climbing them two at a time. numbers passed by before she stopped, the room in question seemingly guarded by someone standing in the doorway. she tilted her head, not able to recognize the figure from behind.

s'cuse me. she brushed past the girl, not caring if she shouldered her a little as she entered the room. her eyes scanned the area until spotting her target, next to his plants. of course. she thought, with a quick roll of her eyes. her expression was replaced with a grin as she hurried over to her friend, holding out her fist for a fistbump. tommo! good to see ya. she tapped his fist quickly, finding herself standing next to him. her eyes left his face for a moment, looking at the rest in the room. astrid and isabella. the latter tended to get on calista's nerves every now and again but she had a good heart. but this other boy, now he was new to callie. hey ladies, good to see ya. she nodded, the hint of a smirk on her face. and you, i've never seen you before. i'm calista but call me cal. she crossed the room and extended a hand to the male in question.

code by low fidelity.

Last edited:
Isabella grinned as Tom affirmed he’d be participating in botany. As Tom worked on his plants, Isabella returned her attention to Malachi who pulled out a strange poster, “Oh that’s rather interesting.” She watched him for another moment before Tom spoke again, “Well, as usual, the first night at Rosewood, meals are prepared based on student’s nationality and culture! Usually Astrid and I receive- Oh my! Is that a skeleton?” Isabella’s eyes were fixated on the owl skeleton. “That’s so cool! Is it real? Is it fully articulated? Can I touch it?”

Isabella was bound to ask more questions, but she was interrupted by another girl pushing herself into the room. The redhead made her way to Tom and Isabella was forced to remove her eyes from the skeleton. “Welcome back to Rosewood, Calista. It’s a pleasure to have you back.”

Astrid glared at the other girl, she’d never really gotten along with Calista, and she didn’t plan on starting now. “Isa, we really are behind schedule, I am going to have to insist we move on.”

Isabella sighed softly, “I suppose we should take our leave now. It’s been a pleasure boys. My door is always open, have a lovely evening.” She gave a shallow curtsy before continuing down the hall, hoping she hadn’t missed too many people who’d already started heading to dinner. Astrid followed, grateful to be away from Tom’s weird girlfriend.

Mentioned: frogmilk frogmilk Chimney Swift Chimney Swift SUGAR. SUGAR.

Alexandra sighed, tossing her blue hair over one shoulder. She stood in the Conch hallways, a faint smile on her lips. She was pleased to be back, after all it was the place she had called home for the last four years. Perhaps running away was the best thing to ever happen to the young Churchhill, and her parents hadn't come looking, so she assumed that she was safe.

Four years away, four years of freedom. She didn't want to be like her parents, and frankly, she wanted nothing to do with them after she found out what they were doing to feed her for the first ten years of her life. They stole from the poor and kept it to themselves. Who would do such a thing? Shaking her head, she began trek down the hallway.

She didn't expect to run into anybody, but hey, fate had a way to get to her, and in the worst ways. Running, no more like tripping over another student.

Interactions : StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer

Eleonora would be lying if she said she wasn't a little bit bummed out to hear her roommate wasn't all that interested in fashion. She understood that not everyone was going to share in her passions, but that was always her go-to ice breaker. She'd sort something out quick, though. If she didn't it would be quite a long year. "Oh, you should absolutely visit! In the summertime, of course, when the weather is beautiful." Ela was already starting to miss the warmer weather of home. It comes as a shock to her almost every year that's a few degrees cooler here, especially once the sun starts to go down.

"I like playing games, I guess." Ela bubbled right up as Joey spoke. "A gamer! That's so neat! I really liked the Wii!" She's a gamer, Ela could absolutely work with this. She didn't really know anything about games, but that's fine, she didn't need to. She'll just listen, maybe she'll learn some things from Joey.

Now a food question was more up her alley. Ela couldn't cook to save her life, but she loved to eat. "That's such a hard question! Probably bread? It kills my parents how much I love carbs, but you only go around once, you know? If not bread then eggplant. It's the ultimate fruit." Ela was so glad it was time for dinner, now that she got to thinking about it. She hadn't eaten since breakfast and now was the best time to catch up with everyone she's missed so much over the summer. She held open the door for her roommate, "What's your favorite food?"

Mentions: frogmilk frogmilk

— JOEY WALTERS.

"I mean, carbs are obviously the superior food group." She grinned at her roommate, Joey, too, was a fan of the carbohydrates. "But eggplant? I don't know about that..." Her nose scrunched up disapprovingly for a moment but then it quickly went back to normal as she walked through the door, quickly turning around to face Eleanora again. "It may sound basic, but I love a good pizza. All sorts, I don't discriminate." Joey grinned and then her eyes left the redhead and scanned the dining hall for familiar faces. Or familiar hair-colors. To be fair, Fortitude Jones was far from the only redhead attending the school, and it was probably easier to spot him by his height, but Joey's eyes always went first to the boy's hair. He didn't seem to be there yet, and same went for his little sister. Joey let out a quiet sigh; she had hoped to dine with them.

She made her way to where the actual food was and licked her lips. "Everything looks so good!" Her fingers gripped the tray in her hands a little tighter, excited to get something in her stomach. "I can't seem to find my friends, by the way. Would it be alright if I bother you some more?" Her eyes unwillingly left the food in front of her to check for Eleanora's reaction.

— TOMMASO ANTONELLI.

The moment his roommate took out what looked to be a skeleton, a strong urge to raise his feet from the floor overcame Tommaso. The bed creaked a little as he did so and his eyes fixated on the glass case that contained it. He didn't have time to comment on it before Isabella did, but that didn't stop him. "Wha- Wh- Wh- Is it real?" A shiver went down his spine. He had never before minded how his roommate decorated the room, and he wasn't going to start now, but that thing was sure to keep him up at night. It appeared poor Malachi had been bombarded with question and didn't have time to answer before another alumni entered the room. Tom's eyes caught the flow of red hair straight away, and a big grin returned to his face as he hopped up from bed.

"Calista!" The boy was going to go in for a hug but she extended her fist instead. Of course. The room was getting crowded and Tommaso was quick to realize all of their visitors were friends of his. A tinge of bad conscience reached him as he felt almost as if this would overwhelm his roommate.

"I'm starving, guys. Hey, Malachi, what about we take a break from unpacking and head down to the dining hall?" The boy stretched his arms above his head, awaiting his roommate's response.

"Calista..."
Malachi hesitantly reached out and took the girl's hand. He didn't shake it or anything, just quietly held it in his own for a short moment, seeming to examine it delicately before drawing his own pale hand back again.
"Malachi. Th-tha... that's my name." His eyes flickered to her red hair that nearly matched his own. His beloved owl skeleton, however, had quickly drawn the attention of the room. Princess Isabella was absolutely bursting with questions, and Malachi, taken aback, paused before attempting to answer each individually.
"Yes, yes, no, uh... ahem, well, g-go ahead." That is to say: yes it was an owl skeleton, yes it was real, no it was not fully articulated, and he was giving Isabella permission to touch. While it confused him, her excitement gave him a rush of pride.

His roommate Tom seemed a little more perturbed by the object and quickly changed the subject after echoing the question of if it was real. He suggested going down to the dining hall, as the quiet girl had before. Malachi frowned a little. He wasn't quite feeling up to eating, but didn't want to draw more attention to himself by refusing. He started to say yes, but stuttered badly and lost the words, choosing to silently nod his head instead, grabbing a hold of his crutch to pull himself back to standing.

StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer SUGAR. SUGAR. frogmilk frogmilk

— MARCELINE FAUCHER.

Marceline must have beaten the school's record in unpacking, because she had finished just fifteen minutes after arriving. Her roommate hadn't made her appearance yet so the young lady had opted for lying down in her bed to read a book. She had lots of those. Actually, it was the only thing that had taken her time to unpack. They weren't quite organized just yet; Marceline had a pretty specific order in which she liked her books. Her clothes hadn't taken long at all, after all it was mostly just her uniforms. She was sort of a minimalist when it came to anything but books, not liking the feeling of owning things you didn't need or use. That being said, it wasn't like she didn't care about the way she dressed.

To Marceline, the hour she had spent reading didn't feel much more than twenty minutes or so. Her roommate still hadn't arrived and curiosity got the better of her, so she marked the page on which she was on by folding it's corner and closed the book, leaving it on the bed as she rose from it. Her limbs stretched out and she let out a little groan.

"Maybe she's lost or something..." she muttered to herself, throwing a glance in the mirror. Her hair had gotten a bit messy from resting her head on the pillow, but it was nothing that a little pat down couldn't fix. The purple sweater had a sort of oversized fit on her and but the last six or so inches of the skirt could be seen underneath.

As she made her way towards the common room, she simultaneously tried to pull up the nylon socks to where they were supposed to be. While not looking very glamorous, she was successful in her endeavor and could now fully focus on trying to figure out what had happened to her roommate.

The common room was quite empty, which Marceline chalked up to it being close to dinner. It was quite the challenge considering the girl had no idea who or what she was even looking for. But alas, her journey continued as she ventured outside; they didn't seem to be holed up in the Stratus house.

After quite the walk, she came upon two figures who looked as though they didn't know right from left. Her brows furrowed and she slowly approached them. "Are you guys lost or something?" Her fingers played with the hem of her skirt as she didn't quite know what to do with them. The pair in front of her were both wearing Ivy colors and Marceline thought that with a bit of luck, she had found who she was looking for.

mentions: Nornslayer Nornslayer Goldie. Goldie.

Last edited:
"You just haven't had really good eggplant rollatini then. There's almost nothing better, but you're right. Pizza might just come close." Ela glanced through those who had made it to dinner before them. Many were familiar to her, but not quite who she was looking for. She was really looking forward to seeing Isabella and catching up on how summer had treated her. Astrid as well, seeing as one was rarely without the other, but Ela could never really get a good read on Astrid. She didn't say much, and the little she did say wasn't exactly casual polite conversation. Even still, she'd find good company to sit with while she awaited her friend's arrival.

Ela fixed herself a plate, happy to finally get something in her stomach, especially after all the talk about food. She agreed with Joey's statement, everything did look pretty good. The food at school wasn't bad, but the first night at dinner always made her feel just a little bit homesick every year. When Ela was little and they traveled a lot, her parents always made it a priority for the three of them to eat together. She always thinks about that when she returns to school. "It would be no bother at all! I can't seem to find who I'm looking for either." Ela made her way to one of the still empty tables, close to the door to catch those still coming in.

Jaden wasn’t sure what to think. Or feel.

The chick was odd, but this up close he realized she was actually, uh.. kinda pretty. When she threw her arm over his shoulders Jaden visibly froze up. He wasn’t sure what was happening, and baby blue eyes narrowed, getting ready to literally chew her arm off before she was saved by Xavier.

“Oh hi,” he said, a smile spreading across his lips. Jaden gently moved from under Schuyler’s arm, adjusting the tie on his wrinkled uniform. “I was actually looking for you.” Even though both boys were good friends and played in the same band, Jaden still felt all warm inside when he saw Xavier. At first it had been just— admiration. Xavier was pretty. He was the lead singer after all. It made sense. But lately it had transformed into something else. Something that Jay didn’t really understand.

“This is Xavier,” he told Schuyler. “Oh and I’m Jaden, by the way.” He was glad Xavier had stopped him from ruining things. Jaden tended to be so cold and mean, uninterested. He wanted things at Rosewood to be different.

StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

— REN YAMAZAKI.

Ren's lanky figure made its way up the stairs and down the hall of the Stratus house, looking for the correct room number. He had gotten to spend his entire summer with his grandparents back in Japan, and for the first time in a couple of years, he wasn't excited to come back to school at all. Ren absentmindedly set down his duffel bag on one of the beds and looked out the window. His roommate wasn't there just yet. He had never met this Alexander Ashburn before, but he was sure they'd get along.

Once his things were in the correct places, he sat down for a moment next to his empty bag on the bed. Another year at Rosewood, he thought. Ren had flied directly from Japan and was still feeling the jet lag. His fear of flying had been amplified by the fact that he didn't want to leave in the first place, but after three hours of wanting to die, he had calmed down. Taken a nap. Doodled. Eaten. It was a thirteen hour flight after all.

The boy rose to his feet and exited his room. There wasn't really anything to do there, so he might as well take a walk. As he walked down the corridor, he noticed someone had left their door open. Ren approached it and leaned his arm on the door frame, peeping his head inside.

"Hey, how's it going?"

mentions: StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer

Isabella had finally finished greeting everyone and Astrid couldn’t be more relieved. She didn’t have to listen to anyone else’s ramblings about moving in being so hard and what not. Rich people were just like that. As they descended the stairs however, Isabella’s heel snagged on the carpet. Before Astrid could catch her, Isabella collided with a blue haired girl.

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry Alex,” Bella quickly pushed herself off the girl, brushing her skirt off before reaching for Astrid’s hand to pull her up. Her face was red as she stood and Astrid looked her over for any injury. “I’m fine, just a little tumble,” she assured the partizan before looking back at Alex.

“Are you hurt?” Astrid asked the blue haired girl before reacher her hand out to help her up. Though Isabella was her main priority, the safety of everyone else was a close second.

“My sincerest apologies Ms. Churchhill, I did not intend to cause a scuffle,” Isabella curtsied deeply to the girl, as a show of respect. “I hope the rest of your time here today is going much more smoothly.”

Mentioned: BasilOwO BasilOwO

~~~~~~~~~

Keith was notoriously late for things like this. He was less than thrilled to start his fifth year at Rosewood. It was going to be exactly like the last: boring. He stepped out of the limo in his purple Ivy button up and his black slacks. He kept the purple tie untied around his collar. He vaguely knew how to tie the thing but couldn’t be bothered with the effort. He grabbed his bags from the driver before waving him off.

Keith didn’t know what it was, but something felt different about the atmosphere. The wind seemed eerie and it was more silent than usual. Maybe he was just here too late? Nevertheless, it creeped him out just enough to get him walking faster to the dorms. He smiled at the Ivy house head as she came to collect his phone. He gave her his smart phone, but kept his burner phone on the inside of his jacket pocket for... reasons. He knew phones were banned but would be damned if he didn’t break another rule.

Keith headed to the Ivy dorms but couldn’t help the chill that ran down his spine. He wouldn’t let it show, but this place was really creeping him out this year. Was he just crazy? Probably, but that wasn’t the point. He just needed to get to his room as soon as possible. He headed up the stairs like usual, he doubted they’d grant him a single room like he’d requested, but at least hoped whoever his roommate was wouldn’t be a total narc.

Keith wiggled his key in the lock before finally opening the door to the empty room. Even inside, he couldn’t escape the draft. He closed the balcony door, it was odd that the door was open in the first place. There was no sign of anyone being in here yet.

Keith tried to ignore it and instead dropped to the floor to search for a loose floor board. He wanted to find somewhere to hide things and in his years, he found that under the floor was the best place. Once he found one, he put his burner phone under it before closing it back up and setting a suitcase above it. They should really maintain these rooms better, they were making this far too easy. He got up to start unpacking. He didn’t have a lot to put away, but he liked it that way.
~~~~~~~~

Chloé was thrilled for another year at Rosewood. She stared out the window of the taxi and watched the school come into view. Unfortunately her flight had been delayed, but it was starting to look like she’d arrive on time for dinner. When the taxi had finally pulled up to the gates she practically jumped out and pulled her bag out from beside her. She tipped the driver before walking up to the gates and surrendering her phone. She was far behind schedule, she’d probably have to unpack most of her things after dinner.

Chloé made her way to the Stratus dorms which was luckily the closest to the gates. She was sure glad the girls dorms were on the bottom floor. All those stairs must’ve been exhausting. She entered her dorm, thrilled that her roommate hadn’t shown yet. Sometimes students at Rosewood had scheduling conflicts with the beginning of the year, causing them to be late.

Chloé began unpacking her things, mostly science related objects like Newton’s cradle and a perpetual motion machine. Hanging up the clothes wasn’t really her favorite so she’d save that activity until after dinner. Most people would find a double dorm lonely without a roommate, but Chloé enjoyed the emptiness and extra space.

Last edited:
Alex grabbed Astrid's hand, pulling herself up. "It's quite alright. I was in a hurry, rushing down the hall and ran into you." She smiled softly at Isabella. She sighed, rubbing her face. Her eyes were a blue, almost as dark as her hair, though not quite. "Anyways, where are you two heading?" She asked as if nothing had happened.

She tried to choose her words as carefully as she could not wishing to upset the two. Though she stood there, twiddling with her fingers. A clear sign that she was anxious if one watched close enough. She took a breath to calm herself, which helped but not as much as she had hoped. Deep down she still loathed that her anxiousness controlled most of her life. It was pointless though, because it would always be there, nothing she would and or could forget.

How hard was it to talk to someone? Pretty damn hard if she were being honest. She glanced down at her feet, sighing. Another year, one that she hoped would be better.

Interactions: StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer

Whoever this Xavier person was, Schuyler didn't have to wait long. Soon after she greeted Jaden, Xavier made his way into the common room. He quickly found his eye to Jaden and ofcourse Schuyler. Schuyler wasn't really sure what he meant by bailing him out of here, and the comment on hitting on hot chicks made Schuyler blink for a moment. She had never really had anyone refer to her as hot. Infact the idea of her being attractive wasn't really something that had passed her mind before. Was she actually hot or was this just some kind of personality thing that Xavier had. She shook her mind of the comment and simply greeted them both properly this time.

"It's nice to meet you you both. I'm Schuyler. I'm guessing we're gonna be housemates this year." She said giving a thumbs up.

They seemed like okay people. Schuyler didn't really tend to memorize people very well and at the very least having some friendly faces could take some stress off her shoulders. She always tended to feel unsure about Rosewood year after year. She always ended up feeling like the most normal person out of everyone here.

"I suppose we could all be friends?" She said hopefully.

Rosalie Rosalie StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer

Jaden glanced at Xavier, trying to read what the other boy was thinking. He didn't have any problems with the girl, she seemed chill, so he didn't really mind. "Yeah I don't see why not," Jaden finally said, nodding slowly. "Perhaps you can even show us to the dining hall? Since this will be our first year at Rosewood and all. At least that's where I think we should be right now." This was a step in the right direction -- making friends. Conversing with other people. He was rather pleased with himself.

Smirking, Jaden nodded his head in Xavier's direction. "And don't mind him, he's naturally that annoying."

SomebodyElse SomebodyElse StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer

Isabella combed her hands through her hair, making sure it didn’t get messed up in the fall, “Just to dinner, it’s almost time and I’d hate to be late.” In reality dinner was still half an hour away, but Isabella hated being late. She’d rather be unreasonably early and even then she gets nervous that she’s secretly late. “Would you like to walk with us?” Though Astrid didn’t like company, it would be rude of Bella not to invite the other girl, especially since they were housemates.

Astrid shoved her hands in her pocket silently. It was just a walk across campus, she shouldn’t make a fuss about it, but she didn’t trust this girl. It might’ve been how she dyes her hair blue when she knows she’ll be wearing red all of the time. It clashes. Maybe she was spending too much time with snotty rich people. It didn’t matter. She kept her mouth shut and her eyes vigilant.

Mentioned: BasilOwO BasilOwO

~~~~~~~~~

Xavier nodded, “Yeah I’m sure we’ll get on smashingly.” His stomach grumbles as Jaden mentioned the dining hall. “Please, I’m starving. I haven’t eaten since breakfast.” He began leading the group out of the Ivy dorm. He didn’t know where he was going but counted on Schuyler to lead them in the right direction. “Who are you calling annoying? I like to think of myself as charming and relatable.” He straightened his tie with a smug look on his face. He was always a little more popular than Jaden, of course, most people notice the lead singer more than the rest of the band. Though unfair, that’s just how it was. He didn’t mind the attention, but it would be cool if people knew his friend’s names too. It takes minimum effort to know them, but most people like doing the least.

“Are we at least close? I feel like dorms should be near the dining hall.” Xavier wasn’t sure where the other two dorm buildings were, but they had to be here somewhere. What kind of sadistic architect would place them all far apart?

Mentions: Rosalie Rosalie SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

Schuyler, Xavier and Jaden all headed to the cafeteria, from what Schuyler could remember, it was located around the center of the campus.
"Ah right. I think it's around the center of the campus." The two boys seemed to banter with eachother. Schuyler wondered what their connection was to eachother. She felt like they acted like best friends, but it felt like something more was involved than that.
"I'm sure that plenty of people find you charming." Schuyler said to Xavier.

Schuyler tried to lead them as much as she could, but honestly she had forgotten every single detail about the campus layout. Luckily she had managed to find the dining hall after all.
"Well somehow I think we managed to make it here." She said turning around motioning for them to enter.
"Ladies first." She said. Jaden had mentioned that they were supposed to be here although she wondered why. Was there some kind of assembly going on?

StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer Rosalie Rosalie

Cosmo was late. In fact, he was really late.

He hurried through the school, dragging his suitcase behind him, the thing rocking back and forth as the little wheels on it tried to keep up. He handed his phone when he was asked, ripping his earbuds out so hard he winced. Most students seemed to have already gone to their dorms and headed toward the dining hall, which was unfortunate. Cosmo wasn't even sure who his roommate was, but he hoped they were nice. He walked into the Ivy common room and headed toward the boy's dorm, dragging his things along. He wanted to ditch his gigantic suitcase and then hopefully find his friends in the dining hall, maybe grab something to eat. He was starving and tired, the flight had been long and boring.

It was pretty easy to find his dorm room, and he was in the middle of digging through his pockets for his key when the door creaked open a bit. His roommate must have already been inside. Pushing the door the rest of the way open, Cosmo walked in to see he had been right. And his roommate was the last person he expected.

"Keith?" Cosmo frowned, glancing up and down the hall, wondering if he was in the right room. What kind of good luck was that? To say that Cosmo liked Keith was an understatement. Cosmo adored Keith. Every since they had first met, Cosmo had followed the silver haired boy around. He had always wished they were roommates, had even requested it, but it had always been denied or over looked. And now there he was, his idol, about to spend the whole school year with him. In the same room.

Cosmo wouldn't say it was a crush. There was just something about Keith that fascinated him. Smiling, Cosmo walked the rest of the way in and set his suitcase in a corner of the room. "I didn't know you were going to be my roommate!" Cosmo clapped his hands excitedly, things suddenly looking brighter than they had a mere five minutes ago.

StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer

Erik had been unpacking silently with his back towards his roommate for quite a while now. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to talk, he just didn’t know what to say. Did his reputation proceed him here? His mind ran for a while before the other boy spoke to him. “Oh... um... you know... good I guess.” He turned around, unsure what to say. Of course he knew who this guy was, they’d been going to school together for years now, but he didn’t know much about him. “It’s Ren, right? I’m Erik, sorry you’re stuck with me this year, I’ll try to stay out of your way.” He shoved his hands in his pockets and stood there awkwardly. He never knew how to talk to people here. Half of them were scared of him and the other half only spread rumors about him.

Erik cleared his throat before returning to unpacking his things. He’d almost finished and he know if he was fast he could finish before dinner. Was it rude to end the conversation like this? He wasn’t sure. Regardless, he finished unpacking before he turned to his roommate again, “I’m gonna go get dinner. Do you... want to come with me? I understand if you don’t.” He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. He felt like he should know how to talk to people by now. It was his 5th year, why didn’t he feel like a normal person yet?

mentioned: frogmilk frogmilk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Keith’s room was still a bit of a mess, but for the most part, everything was unpacked. He hadn’t seen his roommate yet, but he didn’t think anything of it. He soon realized that dinner was coming up soon. He wasn’t in a rush, but it would be nice to see old friends again. He took a moment to make sure everything was put away before sliding his suitcase under the bed.

Keith jumped when someone entered the room. It was reflex for him to be freaked out by anyone sneaking up on him. He was always doing something wrong. “Oh, hey Cosmo.” They’d been pretty good friends, but it didn’t look like the other boy wanted him to be here. Fortunately that frown was turned upside down soon enough. “Oh good, for a second I thought you were hoping for someone else.” It was nice to always have someone around, especially for an extrovert like him. He was never lonely at Rosewood.

“I guess I’ll just wait here until you’re ready to go to dinner,” Keith sat on his freshly made bed, which would never look this nice again. He leaned his head on the wall and looked out the clear doors that opened to the balcony. “So how was your summer.” He assumed having NASA parents was way more interesting than having a politician for a dad. All he did was party, which was cool, but repetitive.

Mentioned: Rosalie Rosalie
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chloé spent about an hour fixing her room until she was satisfied. Things should be done perfectly the first time or not at all. She wiped the sweat of her forehead, fanning herself with a notebook. She hadn’t realized time had gone so fast, it was time for dinner. She slipped her Mary Janes back on and grabbed her room key. Goodbye perfect room. She headed down the hall and out the dormitory doors. Gosh it was cold for this time of year. She regretted not putting on her yellow jumper. She briskly made her way to the dining hall. When she arrived, she pushed the doors open and savored the warmth of the indoors.
That feeling was cut short when Chloé noticed Eleonora and Joey already sitting at the Stratus table. She giddily made her way over to them. Though she’d consider the girls close friends, they probably didn’t feel the same. “Hey,” she slid into the seat next to Joey, “I missed you guys!” She fiddled with the hem of her skirt as she waited for a response. She wished confidence came more naturally to her. “How were your summers?”

Mentioned: frogmilk frogmilk PinkChiffon PinkChiffon
~~~~~~~~~~~

Xavier graciously accepted the offer, even if it was a joke. He had no doubt he’d be a very fine lady. “So we sit at the purple one, right?” He pointed to the table closest to them. It only made sense that things would be color coordinated. That seemed to be a gross boarding school thing. He took a seat at the table, motioning for Jaden to sit next to him. “So Schuyler, how long have you been going here and is there a way out?” The answer to the second question was probably no, but it never hurt to ask.

Xavier knew getting out shouldn’t be his main priority, but he couldn’t help it. He’d been free for so long, why coop him up up now? He should really be recording in a studio, drinking a triple espresso iced coffee, and texting a girl he didn’t care about. Instead he was sitting at a wood table, out of caffeine, and asking if there’s any hope for his freedom again. Oh well, if he was stuck here it couldn’t be too bad. There was so much ass he could get and never see again after this year. He surveyed the room. No one stood out except a red head at the Stratus table. She was pretty enough. He’d have to keep her in mind for a later date.

Mentioned: SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Rosalie Rosalie frogmilk frogmilk

Last edited:
Ela was typically the sort who would wait for her friends before she started eating, she was absolutely starving and didn't have an inkling as to when they'd walk through the door. Besides, Joey was still with here so it's not like she'd be eating alone. She never liked to eat alone, it never felt natural to her. She always felt uncomfortable or judged if she was eating by herself. Ela always believed that mealtimes are for spending time with loved ones. If she was by herself, then what does that say about her? Her train of thought was quickly interrupted by the addition of a new face to the table. "Chloé, It's good to see you!"

Ela was a bit surprised to see Chloé join them. It was definitely a pleasant surprise, but Chloé never really struck Ela as the sort to strike up a conversation on a whim before. "My summer was really nice, thank you for asking. A bit busy, with the Alta Moda show and all... but still really nice. I went to Brazil for the first time, which was absolutely amazing! What about yourself?"

— REN YAMAZAKI.

Ren awkwardly made his way into the room, dragging behind him a suitcase. He heaved it up on his bed and sat down next to it, shoulders slumped. Erik was no stranger to Ren, in the sense that pretty much everyone knew of Erik and his bad reputation, but Ren had never been one to trust in what was said about other people. Usually, it was just heresay. It was always best to find out on your own. Ren's eyes lifted to meet Erik's and he gave him a smile. "Hey, Erik. Nice to meet you." He rose to his feet and opened his suitcase, not wanting to waste anymore time than he already had. "Don't say that, if we're going to be roomies we might as well get along, right?" He threw him another smile from over his shoulder and then promptly returned to taking out the folded clothes and putting them where they were supposed to go.

The two unpacked in silence for a bit before Erik spoke up again, catching Ren just putting away the last item. "Oh, it's already time for dinner?" he threw a glance at his wrist clock and realized he hadn't had a meal in a couple hours too many for his liking. "Sure! I'll just grab my jacket."

Ren followed Erik out of their room and tried to think of something to talk about. The jet lag was still in his system — probably would be for the coming couple of days — but he'd come up with something. "So, uh, did you do anything fun this summer?"

— JOEY WALTERS.

Joey stopped in her tracks as she felt someone sit next to her. She finished chewing and thanked god once again for her roommates talkative nature. It wasn't that she didn't like Chloé, not at all, it was just that she wasn't particularly fond of this whole small talk thing. Joey continued eating in silence, listening to what Eleonora was telling them as well as what Chloé responded. It sent her thinking about what she had done during the summer herself. She hadn't done anything in particular; summers went pretty fast when all you did was sit in front of your various screens. None of the plans she had had with her parents came to fruition as they were always busy, but she had kind of expected it to play out like that.

The girl snapped back to the reality at hand and tried to pretend as if she hadn't just completely zoned out. Joey had no idea what they were talking about and therefore stayed silent. It felt more natural for her to let Chloé answer Eleonora's counter-question before divulging what her own summer had been like. Not that she was likely to say anything much about it.

= Schuyler Snow =

They all sat at a purple table. It was something Rosewood Hall tended to do but it didn't matter too much to Schuyler. Xavier spoke to Schuyler asking her how long she had spent at Rosewood and how one could out of here.

Did Schuyler even want to get out of here? Sure she was always unsure about arriving again every year but it wasn't that bad. Her grandparents could be abit distant but she generally chocked everything up to being as normal as her life could get. Did Xavier want to get out of Rosewood that bad? Was he being forced here by his parents or something?
"I mean It's not that bad here. Why? Are you not happy here already? The school year just began..." She said, her words drifting off abit.

Truth be told, Schuyler still didn't know anything about either of the boys. She didn't feel like asking about their upbringing or whatever reason they could get into a place as expensive as Rosewood. It didn't really feel like her place to push them to reveal anything and it's not like she had told them anything about her yet either.

Of course Schuyler didn't really notice the way Xavier was glancing around the room, surveying other girls. She simply waited for whatever announcement or event they were supposed to be in here for.
StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer Rosalie Rosalie

Astrid pushed open the door to the Conch dorms open, holding it for Isabella. She was thankful Alex hadn’t come with them. She really didn’t hate people, being social was just weird for her. It was necessary to be standoffish for her position. Getting too close with anyone could compromise her. It was better to keep her bitch face on rather than be considered socially available. She had a job to do. Even when they were somewhere this safe, she couldn’t let her guard down.

First year some noble girls had been making fun of Isabella. She had cut her hair short and it gave way to some horribly homophobic jokes from her peers. Isabella ignored them, but one day the girls had cornered her in the school yard. Astrid had been distracted talking to one of the Conch boys about self defense techniques when she heard Isabella’s cries. Though she was able to finish the fight, Bella still had a horrible black eye for weeks. Astrid promised she’d never let herself lose sight of her goal again. Keeping Isabella safe was what mattered.

This meant Astrid often had little time to herself. Though she loved Bella, she couldn’t say she didn’t desire time alone. Due to this, she often snuck out of the room while her girlfriend slept. Those rooms were indestructible. She’d tried to break into several over the years just to see if she could. If a trained assassin couldn’t even get in those rooms uninvited, she felt comfortable leaving Bella there alone.

Once again, Astrid held the door open to the dining hall and followed Bella to the middle table. She sat with a couple other Conch girls, Astrid watching as they spoke. All this rich people talk, Astrid wouldn’t even know what to say even if they wanted her to speak.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Nola finished setting up her side of the room, she didn’t usually decorate much, but she had gotten a few wet specimens over the summer and couldn’t resist putting them on her desk. She hoped her roommate didn’t mind much. Taxidermy was often a touchy subject with the girls here. She straightened the deep purple comforter on her bed before stepping out of the room to go to dinner. She didn’t get too far out of the Ivy dorms before noticing Marceline walking in the same direction. She may have gone through some of her roommates things... okay all of them... and seen the name on a notebook. She ran up behind the girl, “Hey roomie,” she smiled, her black lipstick feathering a bit at the corners.

Nola hadn’t really spoken to Marceline before, but she was sure that wouldn’t stop the girls from being the best of friends. She was sure of it this year. Marceline didn’t look like the other preppy girls going here. She looked more relaxed and overall had a darker vibe. Yes, this is who Nola was meant to be friends with.

— TOMMASO ANTONELLI.

Tommaso entered the dining hall with a huge smile on his face. Dinner time on the first day was always his favourite. Not only did they serve excellent food, but it was a great opportunity to catch up with friends and just relax. He made his way to the buffet and scooped up a ridiculous amount of food, greeting the staff as he did so. Tommaso was a big boy, and if he didn't eat he would lose his gains.

He plonked down next to Astrid at one of the Conch tables, taking note of the look of utter boredom the girl had. He greeted the people sat at the table and then turned to Astrid, taking a bite of his food. "You look like you'd rather be anywhere but here." He said, grinning. The others seemed like they had their hands full talking to each other, and Astrid was noticeably quiet. "How was your summer? Did you get up to anything fun?"

mentions StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer

— MARCELINE FAUCHER.

The girl was heading towards the dining hall when someone ran up to her, calling her roomie. Marceline turned to look at the girl and was surprised to see Nola Kent. The two didn't know each other, but Rosewood wasn't all that big and Nola definitely stood out. There was something about her gothic expression that Marceline had always admired, that she was brave enough to be herself despite the other students picking on her. Marceline could probably have ended up with a worse roommate. She kept walking, expecting her room mate to follow.

"Hey, I take it you're Nola? I guess it's pretty obvious, but I was just heading for dinner if you want to come with." There was a small tug at the corners of her lips, but overall, Marceline looked quite bored.

Last edited:
Erik had walked quietly with Ren in tow for a bit. When the other boy started making small talk he was unsure if he regretted walking together. “I studied at Takeshin Gakuin in Japan. It’s where I spend all my summers.” He wasn’t particularly opposed to studying, but he was sure there were better things to do with the summer. Unfortunately, he didn’t have the pleasure of doing those better things. Sometimes he wondered if his father even cared about his academic achievements. He was sure the man didn’t think about him unless the check was right in front of him. He could only blame himself of course. Maybe if he were stronger, or braver, or more ruthless, or...

Erik dug his nails into the skin under the cuff of his sleeve repeatedly as they made their way into the dining hall. “What did you do?” He sat down at the Stratus table, thankful he had the sense to pass the talking onto the other. Why hadn’t he done that sooner? Why did he let himself stew in his own thoughts? It didn’t matter now. Someone else had the burden of speaking right now.

~~~~~~~~~~

Nola smiled, “I’d be happy to Marcy.” It didn’t bother her that the other girl hadn’t introduced herself. Nola kept tabs on everyone in the school. She had filled 5 notebooks over the years with just things she knew about people. It didn’t make her a stalker! Just a keeper of information. What kind of classmate would she be if she forgot about the time Fortitude mentioned his dear love for Raymond in animal crossing? She made a mental reminder to slide that amino under his door later, just in case he didn’t have him yet.

Nola held the door open for Marceline as they entered the dinning hall. “So what electives are you taking this year? I’m taking History of Pandemics and Anatomy.” She didn’t really think a pandemic was coming, but it was interesting to see how they spread so fast. Obviously she was just taking anatomy for the dissection factor. That had always been her favorite part of science. She sat down at the Ivy table, almost directly across from Schuyler and the two boys she didn’t recognize. She didn’t intend on talking to them but instead listening to what they had to say to each other.

Mentioned: frogmilk frogmilk Rosalie Rosalie SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

"Oh, no, let's go now!" Cosmo kicked his suitcase the rest of the way into the corner of the room, something inside breaking as it crashed into the wall. He ignored it. "We're already beyond late anyway." The normally shy boy beamed, opened their dorm door and hurrying outside. This was something about Keith that he thoroughly enjoyed. Although both boys were complete opposites, Cosmo could really be himself around Keith. His normally shy and reserved nature was all but forgotten and an upbeat, enthusiastic individual came forth.

"My summer was great!" Cosmo continued as they walked toward the dining hall. "I traveled a good part of South America. Alone. Because you know, parents would rather work than spend time with their youngest son." The brunette boy shrugged. "What about you?"

StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer

~

Jaden sat next to Xavier, patiently waiting for whatever announcement was about to be made. He watched two girls sit down in front of them, friends of Schuyler he presumed. He wasn't sure what to say now, and the air that hung between the three quickly became awkward. He drummed his fingers on the table, wondering what the year had in store for them.

StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back