• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
After everyone had trickled into the dining hall, a middle aged woman burst through the doors and made her way to the front of the dining hall. She stood behind the podium, tapping the mic to make sure it was on before she began speaking.

“Hello students, I’m Ms. Maryweather, your headmistress for this year. Mr. Boriguard will not be joining us this year due to... unforeseen circumstances. Now, I ask that you settle down and prepare yourselves for dinner.”

Ms. Maryweather waited for everyone to settle down before speaking again. “Now, we have an exciting year planned for all of you. Fencing tryouts are this Friday as well as Winter Ball committee applications. I trust you will all find an extra curricular to participate in. A list of all important dates can be found in the courtyard as well as meeting dates for all clubs. Now, we must go over the rules of Rosewood Hall...”

Ms. Maryweather continued to drone on as the cooking staff began to bring dinner in. Plates were placed in front of each student, matching the tastes and requirements the students had written on their food form prior to the year beginning.

“Now that everything has been covered, I present to you, your welcoming representative for this year, Isabella de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Ortiz.”

Isabella took a deep breath as Astrid gave her an encouraging pat on the back. She stood and gracefully walked to the front, “Just Isabella is fine, thank you.” She stepped in front of the mic and looked the room over before speaking, “Welcome students of Rosewood. It is an honor to represent Conch this year as your welcoming representative. As Rosewood students, we expect you to carry yourselves with honor and dignity. Though studies are most important, we do not go without fun. I’m happy to announce that this year, our welcoming event is a pool party in Conch house. We are thrilled to accept you into our home and-“

Isabella’s voice wavered as familiar red hair covered the floor. There was a dense thud Calista Murphy’s head hit the floor. She watched as the girl’s chest rose slightly with every shallow breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Astrid glanced back at Tom, “Oh, you know, castle stuff. Quite boring actually.” She was about to ask him what he’d done as a formality, but the new headmaster came in before she could speak. After the woman’s long speech, she squeezed Isabella’s shoulder encouragingly. The houses rotated turns taking responsibility for the welcoming event and this year it was their’s. She knew Isabella would do great.

As Isabella spoke, Astrid dug into her paella with rice, beans, and chicken. She was so tired of the fancy food at the palace, she was thrilled to just have a classic for once. Of course it wasn’t like the meals you can get in Spain. Isabella had taken her all over the country for some authentic foods and honestly no mimicry by Rosewood could do them justice. This was still a close second.

Astrid was mid bite when she saw Tom’s friend collapse in front of her. Though she couldn’t admit to feeling sorry for the girl she still stood to see if the girl was alive. She was breathing, but the way the hollows of her face had a purple tinge seemed unnatural. “I don’t think that was part of the presentation,” she whispered to Tom. That much seemed obvious, but sometimes Conch students could be a bit theatrical. She thought about taking the girl to the nurse, despite the fact she disliked her, but Isabella was still on stage gawking. Depending on the cause of this disturbance, leaving Bella alone could be a mistake.

~~~~~~~~~~

Xavier had already been bored half to death by this woman. Unfortunately, he hadn’t been given a food form so to his late entry. Thus he was stuck with sausage and mash. British food was always so flavorless. He’d tried so many different foods on tour and swore he’d never eat trash like this again. He swore he was half asleep when the chaos started. He was shaken awake by the whispers of everyone around him. “What happened?” He whispered to Schuyler. Even if he had been paying attention he didn’t know who these people were or the norms here. Maybe he wouldn’t understand this event. It might be a traditional thing. He wasn’t too concerned until he saw a red headed boy pick up the limp form of a girl he could only assume was his sister. Oh. Oh no. This wasn’t normal. “Is she...” he didn’t want to say the words he was thinking. He really hoped he was wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Chloé grinned, she loved the idea of studying all the animals in Brazil, “Oh, I just helped my parents with their work. We finally got cheetah cubs this summer! Oh and the penguins were absolutely thriving this year. When my parents took holiday we went up to Egypt. I think you’d love it, it’s so pretty.” She settled down as the new headmaster spoke. It was a shame, she really favored Mr. Boriguard. She quietly ate her Cape Maley curry as the woman went over everything she already knew. Now, the welcoming speech, which was just a way to indoctrinate the new students into actually thinking they’d have fun here. Obviously that wasn’t the important part. Still, she supposed she wouldn’t skip out on the pool party. It’d be nice to read in a nice lawn chair in the sun.

It was hard not to notice Calista drop like a sack of potatoes. It certainly did interrupt the rhythm of things. She was more concerned about the why. If this was regular Calista behavior she’d brush it off, but she hadn’t seen the girl do this once in the past years. Which meant this was most likely caused by a recent issue with her body, not something she was born with. Chloé wracked her brain for possibilities. Maybe she had been diagnosed with something severe over the summer, but why would she have come back to Rosewood if she had? Maybe she was sick, but even then she should’ve stayed in her room. She knew the rules and would certainly be told about the event. Was this caused by something external? Was she... no, couldn’t be. Who would do something like that?

~~~~~~~~~

Erik didn’t get an answer, instead he watched the new headmaster walk up to the podium. He automatically didn’t trust her. Something about her just... looked off. He supposed it wasn’t such a big deal, he thought lots of people looked sketchy, including himself. He’d just stay a fair distance away from her. He listened to every word she said, not that he hadn’t heard it all before. Stay out of the kitchen, no running, wear your ties properly, it was all completely asinine. Who really gave a shit about how they wore their ties? No drinking or drugs on campus, register all medications with the nurse, really, he couldn’t have a single advil without filling out the paperwork? After a while he zoned out, eating his pelmeni slowly.

Erik hadn’t really noticed the change of speakers. Often times when he ate russian food, he only thought of home. He tended to wonder if his brother ever missed him. People back home probably rarely thought of him. It was the sad truth he had to bear. What did catch his attention was a girl falling backwards at the Conch table. He couldn’t remember her name for the life of him, but he did know that wasn’t normal. He strained his neck to get a better look, but by the time he could see the floor she was practically surrounded. Bummer. He could’ve used a bit of excitement today.

Erik hadn’t been close enough to see what had happened, but that didn’t stop him from speculating. Had she been pushed or was this a fall? There were so many questions running through his head. If she had fallen, why? Was she simply iron deficient? Or was something more sinister going on? He didn’t think anyone here would purposefully hurt someone, they were just kids after all. Was it her? No. She wouldn’t be stupid enough to cause an issue like that minutes after arriving. Soon his meal was gone and he was no closer to an answer.

~~~~~~~~~~

Nola had barely touched her lobster rolls when the lady started lecturing them. Tenichally, uniforms weren’t allowed altercations, but she opted to wear platforms almost every day for the last three years and no one had said a word. Maybe it was because they knew it was a lost cause. She’d gotten countless detentions for uniform infringements: bracelets, chokers, thigh highs, fishnets, hair clips, she’d gotten in trouble for putting things on almost every part of her body, but she didn’t care. She was a regular at free period detention because of it. Recently she’d only get dirty looks from teachers. She wasn’t planning on changing and they knew it. Plus, they let that princess chick on stage wear a petticoat and never said a word. Nola knew why. She wasn’t stupid. People of status were always treated better here. She ultimately didn’t let it get to her. She chose to give it up, she had to live with it.

Nola wrote down various things she noticed during both speeches, but once Calista hit the floor, her hand could hardly keep up with her brain. She was thankful she’d already been turned toward the scene. She didn’t want to miss a second of this. Fortitude had picked her up, but seemed at a loss of what to do. She didn’t blame him, but if even he didn’t know what was going on, Nola wondered if Calista had been keeping secrets from even her brother. At this point her frantic writing would look like literal chicken scratch to anyone else. Luckily Nola was great at deciphering any writing provided it be in english, french, or spanish.

Nola still wasn’t sure if she should write down any potential causes yet. The list was too long, especially if Fortitude seemed so shocked by the ordeal. If he didn’t know what was going on, that eliminated a genetic disorder or preexisting condition. She would’ve told him if she was feeling off, wouldn’t she? This was far deeper than her just passing out, wasn’t it? Hmm… maybe the food… or something in her drink… but the kitchens at Rosewood are very sanitary. Food poisoning hardly seemed plausible, but nothing could be ruled out yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Keith pulled his jacket back on before exiting the room with Cosmo. He though the boy would finish unpacking first, but he had jumped at the chance to go eat. It didn’t really matter, either way they’d get there. He listened to Cosmo speak as he sat at the Ivy table. “I would’ve rather gone with you than do anything with my parents if that’s any consolation. I just stayed at home, went to parties, got caught by my sister, blackmailed her to not tell, the usual.” It wasn’t really blackmail, that’s just how they worked. In truth, him and his sister were rather close. She was his biggest supplier and they mostly just teased each other with this stuff.

Keith grew quiet as the meals came out. Every year he filled out his meal form with phrases like “eat my ass” or “my favorite food is pussy” so he wasn’t surprised when he was once again given a bowl of ramen. You know, you’d think after several years they’d learn the difference between asian countries, but yet here he was, spinning noodles around a fork. It wasn’t like he didn’t like raman, he was just extremely aware of all the microaggressions he faced here, but what else could you expect from white people. He slurped down a few noodles, mostly just for Cosmo’s sake. He’d hate for the boy to worry about him. He was fine. He just wasn’t hungry. He pushed his bowl away as the new woman finished her speech. He’d honestly tuned the whole thing out every year. It wasn’t like he ever took rules into consideration.

Keith did, however, pay attention to what Isabella had to say. He’d felt a sort of connection with her ever since their first year. He couldn’t explain it. It wasn’t romantic or anything, he just felt comforted by her presence. What he didn’t feel comforted by was Calista falling to the floor. That was a first, witnessing chaos instead of causing it. He was starting to understand why teachers didn’t like him.

Though the girl had just fallen, everything after that had happened so quickly. The noise level in the room had elevated and Fortitude had scooped her off the ground. As the room quieted back down, it felt like time had almost froze. But that was always what it was like after a period of high adrenaline, right? He wasn’t quite sure what happened, but as long as everything was under control, it was probably none of his business.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Well don’t just stand there! Get her to the nurse!” Ms. Maryweather’s shrill voice sounded out as Fortitude hurried out of the dinning hall. “Why don’t you go take a seat my dear.” She gave Isabella a light push that started her almost like a wind up doll. She sat back down next to Astrid, still shaken by what happened. She downed the water before her like she hadn’t had anything to drink for days. Had that really happened or was this another one of her night terrors.

“Now, there is no need the panic,” the new headmistress said calmly, “medical emergencies happen all of the time. I assure you, Rosewood Hall is the safest place you could be at any given time. No need to let unexpected events ruin our first day. Now, enjoy your dinners and chat with friends. Make sure to be in bed by 10, we wouldn’t want to break curfew on the first day, now would we?” She rushed out of the dining hall, presumably to check on Calista, but no one could be certain.

Isabella took a deep breathe for the first time for what seemed like forever. She began to pick at her paella, only picking out the beans and eating each one individually. She really couldn’t process what had just happened. If that was normal, she’d know right? Calista had certainly never done that before.

“We can go eat back in the room if you want,” Astrid whispered. She could tell Isabella was uncomfortable here.

Isabella shook her head, “I have to act like nothing is wrong. If i don’t, who knows what will happen.” She knew some people in the Conch house ultimately looked up to her. If she acted like everything was okay, they’d probably buy the “medical emergency” cover and assume Calista had some sort of condition. If she left, they might assume there was an actual issue and freak out. Of course, if Conch house was scared for their fellow student, the other houses would follow. In reality, no one knew what was going on, but someone had to keep the peace.

Last edited:
"I've never been to Egypt before! I'm glad to hear you had such a nice time!" Ela almost instantly stopped paying attention as soon as the headmistress spoke. All she really wanted to do was catch up wither her friend, and besides, her speech never really changes all that much. Ela's wandering thoughts were called back by the start of Isabella's speech. She shuffled in her seat just a bit, trying to keep herself focused on the speech. Ela considered Isabella a very close friend, and she deserved Ela's undivided attention, even if Ela's inclination was to daydream. Ela was so focused on trying to stay focused, she was just a beat behind. By the time Ela figured out who had dropped to the floor, Calista was already being carried away by Fortitude. Ela didn't get the best look at the fallen girl, but she saw enough to know she didn't look great. The commotion in the room was silenced as the headmistress readdressed the room. It felt like you could cut the tension with a knife. "Do you guys think we should send a get well card?" Ela whispered to the other two.

mentions: frogmilk frogmilk StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer

Schuyler didn't pay too much mind to the influx of new people joining the table, only her thoughts were brought to a close by the headmistress addressing the room. It was typical speech but things were kinda strange, Mr Boriguard not being here for "Unforeseen Circumstances" wasn't much of an explanation although she didn't think much of it. When a fencing team and winter ball comittee had been announced Schuyler didn't find herself that interested in either. Perhaps she should check this list abit later, maybe there was a different curricular she'd be more interested in.

At the very least the cooks began bringing out food on plates to everyone. And apparently Rosewood's best idea was to give her a salad based meal. She did write "Surprise Me" on the form as she always did. Also it seemed that their representative this year had the worst's longest possible name one could be given. Schuyler always felt abit silly having such a simple name when people like that existed at Rosewood. Her own thoughts droned out most of the speech only listening at the message when a welcoming pool party was mentioned. Maybe that could be fun.

Ofcourse the real weirdness was when a student fall head first to the ground. Ofcourse the headmistress tried to let everyone continue eating and tried to calm everyone down but Schuyler couldn't help but look in absolute shock. Her salad looked far less and less appetizing as time went on.

Turning to Xavier and Jaden Schuyler spoke up.
"Is she going to be okay?"

Rosalie Rosalie StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer

It was currently 7 pm in Rosewood Hall for Red Bull junior driver Jenna Barnes, she walked forward to the cafeteira with the rest of the students that were eating for dinner when a middle aged woman walked towards the stage and stood behind the podium, the middle aged woman’s name is Ms. Maryweather and she was actually the headmistress. She told all the students included herself that Mr. Boriguard won’t be in this year because of unforeseen circumstances, Huh, I wonder who’ll be my roommate is gonna be too.

She thought to herself when she settled down as well as the rest of the students as the headmistress continued to drone on when the cooking staff began to serve dinner, plates were being placed by each student and the junior Formula driver smiled on what the dinner was going to be. But when Ms. Maryweather is finished reading the rules, she said to everyone that the newest representative of this year is going to be Isabella de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Ortiz. Jenna turned around this time to the right to see the person who was taking a deep breath as someone gave her a pat on the back thinking that this is a encouragement pat, she realized that Isabella said that there’ll be a pool party in the Conch House which is the same house that she is going to be this year, “Shoot, I wonder what will I’ll be wearing for the pool party-

She muttered as she saw someone fell to the ground and hit her head in the floor which her reaction was being confused if she passed out or something before the headmistress asked them to bring her the nurse, she would looked at the new headmistress gave the newest representative a light push to walk back to her seat, What is going on right now….. Someone just passed out when the newest representative gave a speech about the welcoming party and I just felt that this is getting too weird right now.

Jenna thought to herself once again and would start to eat slowly while she was checking around if anybody else passed out as the student from earlier too, she must be very confused yet creeping her out on how someone passed out either on purpose or maybe it was a fatigue problem for her in her own opinion. She had to be dreaming or something as she took a light slap on her right cheek if she is actually dreaming in which it wouldn’t work because it wasn’t a dream at all for her, but whatever the cause of her passing out must be wondering for her as well.

Chloé still want positive about her theory, but if she was right, the family would need a bit more than a get well card. “Yes, that would be appropriate.” She tried to finish her dinner, but this was eating at her. She couldn’t possibly allow herself to enjoy anything in front of her when this hadn’t been resolved. There was no way anyone would let them know the cause anytime soon. “Maybe we could pay her a visit?” Chloé suggested. They weren’t housemates, so she doubted either Calista or Fortitude would want to see them, but maybe she could figure something out by just being at the infirmary? It was better than doing nothing. “Unless you think it’s a bad idea,” Chloé added. She wasn’t one to be too pushy and she wouldn’t go alone either.

~~~~~~~

“Fuck if I know,” Xavier replied. He’d picked his food to absolute shit and didn’t plan on finishing. So apparently someone was not alright now? That wasn’t good. From what was going on he doubted it was something small. That’s great, his first day here and things were certainly happening. More of a reason to get out. This really didn’t seem normal. “So your school is a real stand up place, huh?” It wasn’t like he had a vendetta against Rosewood, just one in general about being imprisoned. That shit sucked. He wanted to do his own thing and he really couldn’t do that here. Especially if people’s well-being was in question.

~~~~~~~~

Isabella finished her paella before pushing her plate to the center of the table. Her performance was done. She’d done all that she could to keep the peace. They could go back to their room now, but yet she needed some closure. “We should go check on her. It’s my duty as the Conch representative.”

Astrid rolled her eyes, “There’s nothing we could possibly do, unless you’re secretly a doctor?” She’d already finished her dinner some time ago, but was in no rush to leave, especially without Isabella.

“There’s no harm in a little kindness.” Isabella placed her fork on top of the plate before standing from her spot. “You girls have a nice night. Remember lights out at ten.” She turned and walked out the door, immediately freaking out as soon as they rounded the corner. “Did you see what happened to her? I was so scared. I couldn’t even-“

“Hey, it’s okay, I’m here,” Astrid said in a hushed voice. She threw her arm around her girlfriend. She’d be lying if she said she wasn’t a little scared too, but she’d been trained not to show it. There was ultimately nothing they could do to change what had just happened, even if they wanted to.

Ela mulled Chloé's idea over. She had to admit that she was curious and wanted to know what happened, even if it was none of her business. She wasn't super close with Calista, so maybe it would be a little strange for them to pop by to see how she was doing. If Ela was the one who had gotten sick, she wouldn't necessarily want a bunch of acquaintances showing up. But it was sort of weird for Calista to just drop like that. Ela wasn't good friends with the girl, but the two were in the same year and she was pretty sure she'd remember something like that happening before. "I don't think it's a bad idea. But maybe we should wait-" Ela cut herself off mid-sentence.

She watched as Isabella and Astrid get up and move towards the door. Now, Isabella was someone who Ela considered a close friend, and she was in the same house as Calista. Maybe she'd be able to figure out what was going on. Ela looked at Chloé and nodded towards the door as the two of them headed for. "I've changed my mind, let's go." Ela stood up and headed for the door, on the heels of Isabella and Astrid. “Hey, wait for us!” She called out after them.

Interactions: StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer

Last edited:
Jenna stood up after she’s done eating her own dinner and looked in the right to see the newest representative Isabella and someone putting an arm around her shoulder, thinking that she is her girlfriend trying to act casual after what just happened earlier. She sighed when she looked at her Tag Heuer watch that was given by her father and she was extremely bored before she could walk forward passing Isabella and her supposed to be girlfriend, I ain’t gonna lie, I’m just gonna talk to dad about what happened right now once I’ll be in my dorm. It’s gonna be a weird year right now..

She thought to herself while walking forwards towards the Conch dorms, she had to be in a year where somebody either got some weird diseases or something because she is never into this type of semester in her entire life and leant near the door of the Conch dorms. She hums a bit on something that she knows in music because her phone was taken away in the entrance earlier as she would look back at the hallway if there is anybody who is gonna be from Conch, Guess I’m the only one from Conch who is arriving the dorm, no idea who is gonna be too..

She mumbled, thinking about a way to improve her grades before she groaned when she isn’t the one who got the keys so she decided to wait out for someone who has the keys of the dorm. Jenna would continue to hum some songs that she knows while trying to be extremely patient on someone else from her dorm. She could put back her phone inside of the pockets on her jeans and decided to softly tap the wall to resemble the beats of music because she loves to feel the listen the beats and sounds of music if she wasn’t in her races or on breaks, I really hope that this year is gonna be a wild year….

She thought to herself, thinking about her year right now before she could try to return to Formula 2 later on after the graduation of her. But it could be easily impossible for her because of homework, dorm stuff, and etc about school stuff.

INTERACTION: N/A
MENTION: StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer

Last edited:
Schuyler didn't know what else to say. It wasn't really like she hoped that Xavier and Jaden would enjoy being here and she wasn't thrilled herself to be here but she always thought somewhat fondly of Rosewood Hall. She wasn't sure what to really say when Xavier complained about Rosewood so she just stayed silent for the most part, poking the salad leaves with her fork.

She could see others taking their leave from the area and while she wasn't sure they were allowed to do so, she didn't really blame them for leaving. Schuyler didn't exactly feel like being in the room either although she didn't feel brave enough to leave.

"I get that Rosewood doesn't seem to be like the place you want to be, but give it a chance. It's not that bad." Schuyler said to Xavier.
The more time went on, she was getting more curious about what Jaden and Xavier's situation being at Rosewood was. She didn't really feel like either of them were willing to share but it really didn't sound like Xavier wanted to be here.

StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer Rosalie Rosalie

Chloé hadn’t expected Eleonora to jump so fast, but it looked like they were going. She quickened her own pace to keep up with the girl who was already almost around the corner. “We hardly know her, what would we even say?”

At the sound of another voice, Astrid lowered her arm. It wasn’t like she was trying to hide anything here, but this summer had been filled with close calls, she’d just picked up the habit.

Isabella smiled at Jenna, “Have a nice night, sleep well.” She heard more footsteps and turned to see Eleonora and Chloé coming her way. One she was comforted to see, but she wasn’t too sure about Chloé. She was plenty smart, but she’d probably get them kicked out of the infirmary sooner than be of any help. “Hey, what’s going on? You girls get enough to eat?” She still didn’t want to cause a panic, even if there were only two other people here.

“Yeah dinner was good. Are you guys heading to the infirmary now? We were hoping to check on Calista, but it probably wouldn’t be appropriate if we went without another Conch student,” Chloé looked at Eleonora, she wasn’t sure the other girl was taking this all too seriously. Hadn’t she seen the same thing? That girl looked seriously ill. Of course, Chloé had a tendency to overreact to this sort of thing.

“Yes, it would be my job to check on all of my housemates as the representative,” Isabella nodded, biting at the inside of her cheek nervously. She wasn’t one to usually reject the requests of others, especially this small, but what was going on was so much and Astrid had been on edge with people all night, “I’m not sure-“

“That’s fine, we’ll accompany you,” Astrid nodded, brushing her thumb along the back of Isabella’s hand to reassure her. She shouldn’t keep being selfish tonight. This was outside herself, and she had the whole semester to be away from as many people as possible. “I assume we all know where the infirmary is, yes?”

Isabella smiled, mouthing a quick ‘thank you’ to Astrid, “If you’ve never been, it’s fine, I’ll make sure you don’t fall behind.” She wasn’t sure Chloé even took a risk in her life, unless she’d been deathly ill before, Isabella doubted the Stratus girl had even given the nurse a single after thought.

Chloé nodded, “After you I suppose.” She began following behind the two girls, giving Eleonora a glance every now and then. Maybe her feelings about this weren’t justified. Everyone seemed so calm. There was no way something like that could’ve happened to the conch girl.

Jenna would turn around to Isabella, smiling at her and said to her that she had a nice night, sleep well before she could scoff a bit about the comment from the representative walking away from her supposed girlfriend and her buddies. She would look at one other Conch student if she could ask her to let her in for some sleep of some sort, I should try to ask her out to open the door because I’m too freaking tired right now, I would just shoot my shot.

She thought to herself, trying to take the risk if it is now worth reward by asking the fellow Conch student to let her inside of the dorm for sleep, Hey, um… Can I have you to open the door, because I look tired as a sloth right now.

She asked her fellow Conch student if she could let her inside of the dorm while trying to fit all the pieces on why she was having so much courage yet risk on having to live in a dorm with the representative of the academy, she would just simply wait for the representative to arrive again and could open the door but could need some better ways to be a Conch. She then looked around the hallway if there were other Conch students that were arriving after the almost quite confused dinner earlier on and she had never gotten into this type of way into her life by trying not to flirt with a girl that she had just met so she couldn’t be in an awkward scenario. Jenna could just be into this spiral of a small shortcut to finally graduate to this academy and go to Formula 1 in order to have some sort of a way in impressing the motorsport world.

Interaction: Fellow Conch Student
Mention: StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer

Cosmo had a spoonful of mashed potatoes hovering halfway into his mouth when all hell broke loose.

He watched curiously as the redheaded girl was carried away, the whispers of the rest of the student body rushing his ears. He wasn't sure what had happened, and as he pushed his glasses farther up his nose, he turned to Keith thoughtfully.

"That was.. odd," He said, putting his spoon down. He took notice of Keith's bowl of noodles not being in front of him and frowned, his attention quickly drawn from the girl that had mysteriously passed out in front of them. "Is something wrong with the noodles? Should I say something? Were they too salty-- yes, excuse me!" Cosmo waved his arm in the air, trying to get one of the food server people's attention.

~

Jaden wasn't sure what was happening. He had been quietly eating, listening to Xavier and Schuyler, spacing out if he was being completely honest. It took a moment before he realized some girl had passed out, and when he finally took notice of the excitement the redheaded boy had carried his presumably sister out of the dining hall.

His attention was pulled back to the two speaking in front of him. Jaden blinked, shaking his head. "Xavier is always that cranky, don't mind him," he said, picking his fork back up and messing around with his bowl of spaghetti. "Does she always do that?" Jaden continued, nodding toward the dining hall doors where the pair of redheads had exited. "Or should we be alarmed?" For the most part everyone had gone back to eating or chatting away, which was odd. Unless that girl tended to pass out. Maybe she had some sort of medical condition?

StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

Nola had finally finished writing her notes and resumed eating her lobster rolls. She’d filled a couple pages with just scribbles about tonight. She wasn’t all too worried, she didn’t know Calista and never really got on well with the Conch girls in the first place. She finished her dinner before standing from her seat. She looked around the Ivy table until her eyes caught Schuyler. She walked over to her roommate, eyeing the two boys she was with. She never understood why anyone would like to spend time with men. They were a waste of time. “Hey roomie, are you ready to head back?” The sun was going down and Nola hated walking around campus alone. If something ever came out of those woods, she didn’t know what she’d do.

~~~~~~~

Xavier glared at Jaden for his comment. He wasn’t cranky. It was true though, he’d have to give this this place a chance. He wasn’t sure what they’d even do if they escaped. He didn’t have any money on him and they’d taken his phone. Unless he wanted to go feral in the woods for a while, he’d have to manage here. “I hope you’re right.” His eyes shifted to the dark haired girl that approached them. As she called for Schuyler to return to the dorms with her. “I think that’s a good idea, it’s been a long day.” He pushed his plate away and stood, waiting for Jaden to come with him.

~~~~~~~

Keith immediately pushed Cosmo’s arm down. “No, it’s my fault for never writing anything down. I’m not even hungry.” He stared at the spot Calista had been as he spoke. She hadn’t left any remnant on the ground, which was good. If she’d had external wounds, there’d be blood on the ground, right? So it must just be a health issue. It couldn’t be anything else.

“I think we should just go back to our room. Once you’re done eating of course.” He just wanted to crawl in bed and close his eyes. He was coming off the high he’d gotten before coming and his head began to hurt. Still, he wasn’t going to pull Cosmo away from his dinner just for his own habits.

~~~~~~

Erik tried to shake the idea of the new headmaster causing this, but it stayed at the back of his mind as he watched students slowly trickle out of the dining hall. There wasn’t much he could do about the situation, but it sure was an interesting way to come back. As he finished his meal he watched two girls across from him run off into the hall. It was likely a waste of their time. He doubted anyone could help the nurse do anything she already knew how to do.

Erik stood from his spot and headed out the door, following the other yellow uniformed individuals as they returned to the dorm. He wasn’t quite used to the change of time coming here from Japan and could use a bit of sleep even if he knew he’d wake up at some ungodly hour. He swung the door open and didn’t even bother to say hello to the people in the common room before heading up the stairs to his room. He fumbled with his keys before unlocking his door and feeling a breeze as it opened. That was weird. The door to the balcony was wide open as the yellow curtains fluttered ever so slightly. He knew he hadn’t left that open.

Erik brushed it off. Maybe the cleaners hadn’t closed it right before the beginning of the year. It wasn’t a big deal. He walked across the room and gently pushed the glass door closed. There, problem solved.

Schuyler listened in to the two boys before being mentioned by her roommate. She had a roommate now? That was good. When she arrived she was fairly sure she was going to be alone in her dorm this year. Although Schuyler didn't really know anything about Nola, so maybe she shouldn't get her hopes up, but at the same time she didn't want to judge her before she knew anything about her.
"W-we're roommates?" Schuyler said puzzled.
It seemed she wanted to see if Schuyler wanted to head back to the dorm. Schuyler guessed that was okay. She thought Xavier and Jaden would be fine...probably. Jaden made a comment about Xavier being cranky which prompted Xavier to glare at Jaden. They sorta seemed to cancel eachother out in a way so it was probably fine for Schuyler to head back.
"Oh. Sure I guess. I guess I'll catch you guys later?" Schuyler said getting up from the table.
She supposed it was getting alittle bit late. And Schuyler still wasn't exactly fond of being in the room still so she guessed it was best to leave now.
"So... We're roommates I guess. I'm Schuyler."
Rosalie Rosalie StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer

Ela waved her hand dismissively, "It'll be fine Chloé. We'll just ask her how she's doing and if she would like us to get her anything. We're just trying to be polite and be good examples of Rosewood's best, right?" While Ela knew little about Chloé it wasn't hard to put together that she was a people pleaser. Ela did want to go and see how Calista was doing, and she was hoping she was alright after all, but she mostly just wanted to know what had happened to her.

As the other two girls came into sight, Ela beamed. Now, weren't they a sight for sore eyes! "Isabella, Astrid! You both look fantastic, I hope you guys enjoyed the holiday." Ela greeted them with a smile. Ela counted Isabella as one of her closest friends at Rosewood, and by association, she held Astrid in high regard as well. In any other situation, she would have been chatting up a storm, listening to how their summer was, telling them about hers, but that just didn't seem quite appropriate at this time.

Ela followed closely behind Isabella and Astrid to the infirmary. She chewed her words, not wanting to pry, but she had so many questions. Isabella had already seemed a bit hesitant to go along with them to see Calista, she didn't want to make her friend anymore uncomfortable than she already was. It must have been such a long day getting everything together as the class representative, and something like this on top of it? Ela couldn't imagine the stress. But people fall sick every day. All of the students have been doing a lot of travel to get back, maybe it was just exhaustion? Ela drummed her fingertips along her leg as they walked. "Did you guys get a chance to talk to Calista before dinner? Did she seem alright before?" Ela's voice was low, careful not to let it echo down the fairly empty hallway as they approached the infirmary.

“We had seen her briefly,” Isabella confirmed, her skirt swishing around her legs as they continued down the hall. “She’d been a little late, but we eventually saw her during the welcoming rounds. She was fine, energetic even.” She chewed the inside of her cheek as her stress increased. It was such a small time window for things to turn grim. If she was sick wouldn’t it be more gradual than that?

As the group rounded the final corner to the hospital wing, Isabella couldn’t help but listen in.

“Well, I’m afraid you heard me right, Mr. Jones. All symptoms point to poisoning. I issued a toxicology report, but unfortunately that’ll take a while.”

Astrid threw her arm in front of Isabella reflexively, stopping in her tracks. She’d heard it too. Could the nurse be serious? A poisoning on Rosewood Hall property? This place was supposed to be safe. They were supposed to be safe. Isabella was supposed to be safe. No, she’d be sure of that fact. She’d be extra vigilant this year, she’d do her duty of protecting her princess.

Isabella placed a hand on Astrid’s forearm, lowering it slowly, “We have to keep up appearances, if we turn back now it’ll be worse than approaching.” If they ran out of here people would assume the worst, though they weren’t far off. She took a deep breathe before approaching the nurse.

“On behalf of Conch and Stratus house, as well as friends,” maybe that was a stretch, “we wanted to wish Calista, and of course Fortitude, a speedy recovery. I was also hoping for a small report if you’re able to provide, just to be sure she’s doing all right.” Isabella doubted the nurse would confirm her former statement, but it was worth a shot.

“Yes, yes, she’ll pull through if that’s what you’re asking. I’ll let her know you stopped by, but I can’t allow unrelated visitors.”

Isabella nodded, at least no one was dying, “Yes ma’am I appreciate it.”

“You better be getting back to your rooms now, can’t have anyone missing curfew on my watch.”

“Yes ma’am,” Isabella replied again, not wanting to push their luck. She turned on her heels, once again gripping her cheek between her teeth. They’d been lucky to get as much information as they had. Showing up at any other moment would’ve kept them in the dark. Still, a poisoning? This wasn’t good.

~~~~~~~~~~

Nola smiled as Schylar agreed to walk back with her. “I’m Nola,” she gripped the girls hand tightly, shaking it a bit too hard. “I’m so excited to be rooming with you this year. We’re going to be just like sisters, I know it!” Her arms swung back and forth as she walked, keeping a brisk pace as they left the building and ultimately felt the cool chill of the autumn air. Unfortunately the uniforms weren’t all that warm. Nola shivered, trying to get back to Ivy as fast as possible.

Though the walk wasn’t too long, it felt like an eternity before they’d made it back. Nola welcomed the warm air of the inside as she practically threw open the door. Now she just had to remember which room they were staying in... shit. She’d never had the best memory, especially when it came to remembering a place she’d only been once. She flipped her notebook open and looked through pages of scribbles. Right, 121, half way down the hall, outer room.

Nola pulled out her key, almost forgetting Schylar had been with her the whole time. She could’ve just asked. She didn’t let it bug her as she pulled open the door to their room. It was just like she’d left it. The gothic decor standing out starkly on one side. Her whole side of the room was covered in black, skulls, and whatever else she could “vibe” with. She placed her keys in a small pentacle dish before flopping back on her black rose bedspread. “I don’t think I’ll ever be warm again.”

Last edited:
Schuyler followed along behind Nola. Nola shook Schuyler's hand tightly, perhaps too tightly? Although Nola seemed friendly enough and expressed excitement at the idea they would be rooming together.
"Yeah, I'm excited too. I hope we can get along also." Schuyler said smiling, trying not to act awkward. Although Schuyler did wonder why everyone had to go back to dorms so suddenly.
Once they had made it when Nola flipped through her notebook to find the dorm numbers they entered inside. Once they entered Schuyler noted the gothic decor on Nola's side of the room. Schuyler herself didn't really do any decorating yet, she didn't really think she had a vibe or style so she hadn't really thought much about it yet.
"I like your decorations. Was it really that cold outside the dorm though?" Schuyler hadn't really noticed it had gotten too cold, although perhaps she was too focused on the recent incident to notice.
It did feel like there was alot going on already and someone getting injured wasn't the way she wanted people to think of Rosewood upon arriving.
Schuyler hoped that Jaden and Xavier wouldn't' let that ruin their experience here.

StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer

As they grew nearer the infirmary, Ela could just barely hear the hushed, harsh wispers coming from inside.

"Afraid you .... ffshbfadkjs.... poisoning...."

Now there was no way on this green earth that Ela had heard that correctly. She had missed bits and pieces of the conversation so there was a chance she had misheard. There wasn't a snowball's chance that something like that could happen at a school like this. Parents pay a lot of money to ensure that. She didn't know what to think. All she wanted to do was turn around start the day all over again, but it was just a little too late for that. As they entered the room, Ela sucked in a breath and plastered on a sympathetic smile as Isabella expressed their well wishes.

"Miss curfew"? How was anyone supposed to go to bed after what she just heard, or thought she heard. As they turned to leave, she studied the faces of her classmates, trying to figure out if they had heard what she thought they heard. "You guys don't really think... There's just no way."

October, The pool party
Isabella sighed, not being able to get out of here fast enough, “I don’t know.” That was a lie. She knew there was no reason for the nurse to lie, but the truth felt far worse. Who could do that? The only person she could think of was unfortunately a partizan. One who hated Calista. One who was walking beside her. “I hope this is just some big mistake.” She continued her way out of this side of the building, feeling the cold air on her face. “I suppose this is where we part. Have a nice night.” Like any of them could do that now. “I hope our next meeting is more... pleasant.” Isabella forced a smile before she continued across the green with Astrid.

Back in their dorm, Isabella couldn’t contain her rage, “Please tell me you wouldn’t do this.” She turned, facing Astrid who was closing the door.

Astrid’s face dropped, “You think I hurt her?”

“Who else would be able to casually poison someone here? No one normal.”

Astrid’s heart stung with those words, “Princess, I would only ever hurt someone to protect you. Though I can’t admit that Calista and I are on good terms, I wouldn’t just hurt her for fun. Whoever did this is sick, and I promise I’d do anything to protect you from them.”

Isabella’s shoulders relaxed, maybe she was being too rash. It wasn’t like Astrid was the only Partizan at Rosewood. She shouldn’t jump to conclusions. Still, the nurse’s words tingled her spine as they repeated in her head. “We should get some rest.”

~~~~~~

Isabella walked through the dark halls of the Conch dorms. They kept twisting, winding, and changing as she tried to find her way out. “Astrid?” She called, hearing nothing back from the darkness. She continued until she felt something drip onto her arm. Though it was dark, she looked up, hoping to see the source. There she saw Calista’s face staring at her, lifeless. Her body tied to the ceiling in some twisted display as blood dripped from her mouth. Isabella closed her eyes, trying to scream, but nothing would come out. When she opened them again, she was back in her own bed, the cool air from the open balcony door rushing across her face.

~~~~~~~~~

The air grew colder as the autumn leaves fell from the rosewood trees. The air from the pool grew humid and the flap of sanders echoed on the tiles. Calista had long since returned to class, but the tension of her poisoning still hung thick in the air. Isabella had no sooner finished setting up the snack table when the first guest entered the party. Isabella’s nose wrinkled as she spotted the boy who’d walked through the doors. She wasn’t one to hate people, but this guy was just trouble. “Wilson,” she spoke, her tone cold.

“Well, you cleaned this place up nicely huh?” Keith’s hands remained shoved in his pockets as he looked at the Conch pool. Usually it was riddled with towels and water polo equipment, but the pool chairs were in neat rows and the ground void of any litter. “I suppose you’d like it to stay that way.”

Astrid raised an eyebrow, “If you’ve come to ruin this, forget it. The dorm heads are aware of your reputation and will keep an eye on you.”

Keith scoffed, “Ruin? Me? Never. I simply wish to make things more exciting. It seems you’ve forgotten your dorm heads left for fencing competition this afternoon. It would be a shame if one of their underlings wrecked her own party by causing a scene over little old me, wouldn’t it?”

Astrid was about to snap back, but Isabella spoke first, “Fine, but if anyone throws up, you’re cleaning it up.”

Keith smiled at the conformation he’d been looking for, pulling a thermos out of his pocket and placing it on the snack table, “Perfect, thanks princess.”

God this was going to be a disaster. Isabella watched as more people filed into the large courtyard. Her urge to be able to control everything was strong, but she knew this would likely get out of control.

In a fashion that was unlike her, Eleonora found herself arriving at the part a bit early. Only a small group of students were trickling into the impressively tidy room that would undoubtedly be destroyed over the course of the evening. It only took a moment for the gaze to sweep over Isabella and Astrid, and Ela was hit with a pang of guilt. It wasn't exactly a secret that Ela had but a little distance between herself and the two girls since the first night. Eleonora tells herself that it's because she's just so busy, and it's hard to find the time when the other girls are in a different house. But deep down, Ela knew those were just silly excuses. What she had heard that first night had unnerved Ela deeply, and she was doing all that she could to forget it happened, which unfortunately included spending less and less time around Isabella and Astrid. It's not that she blamed them for anything that happened that night! It was just that after every conversation she had with them, for hours afterward she would replay with what they had overheard outside the infirmary in her mind and that was starting to take its toll. Even with Calista getting better, thank goodness, these issues didn't just go away. The persisting anxiety was starting to make Ela feel foolish, Calista was fine after all, and that was not okay with her. It was time for her to buck up and start reintegrating with her friends, and tonight seemed like the ideal night to do so.

"Astrid, Isabella!" Ela called out, waving slightly as she approached the pair. She overheard the short exchange between them and a boy she knew in name only. Her gaze followed Keith for a moment as she got closer to the girls. "Oh, it's about to turn into one of those parties..." She smiled as her voice trailed off. She returned her attention to the pair, "How are you two doing? We haven't really had a chance to catch up since... Well you know, busy semester and all."

Schuyler arrived at the party alone. There wasn't much she felt like doing since she normally didn't attend parties. She had heard that Callista was feeling better but the thought of someone being poisoned didn't bode well with Schuyler. Schuyler still didn't really have that many friends since arriving besides Nola, her roommate and Jaden and Xavier, who she hadn't seen much of since that day in the cafeteria. Both the boys felt like were harboring some secrets about themselves especially they way they acted like being at Rosewood was something they were doing to please others.

Hopefully they were doing fine. Schuyler could see some girls conversing and what seemed to be a guy causing problems. Schuyler felt like she better make sure nothing bad was happening.
Upon walking to the group, Schuyler spoke up. "Is everything alright?" She asked.
PinkChiffon PinkChiffon StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back