• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Rosemary Beach (Main)

Characters
Here
Other
Here
tw: sexual harassment mention, castration joke​

SEPTEMBER 14TH.

A lesson in how to deal with people from one Aurelian Fiocchi.

When people ask if they can ask questions, you say no.

That’s it.

That’s the entire lesson.

If someone asks if they can do something, then the response can and should be an immediate and resolute “no.”

Can we be friends?

No.

Can I steal some of your fries?

Fuck off.

Can I stick my dick in your mouth

Absolutely fucking not he will rip that dick off with his teeth so help him God.

Anyways so his first impulse when asked “Can I ask you a question” was to go absolutely fucking not you will not ask me a question fuck off. In his general experience, that was a fucking trap just waiting to be sprung, do not ask him a question. Please shut the fuck up before you embarrass the both of them.

She did not wait for an answer, prompting Aurelian to question why the fuck she asked that in the first place:

Do you regret it? Do you regret sleeping with me?

Which was two questions, by the way. A comment which Aurelian very narrowly avoided making.

Also, side note, he wasn’t the nicest of people. And everyone knew that. He was a bit rough around the edges, had all this anger inside of him – a righteous fury that wanted to be let out at every single injustice in the world.

And he knew that his people skills left something to be desired.

But someone more skilled at people than him please answer this question:

How the FUCK are you supposed to respond to THAT SHIT.

Like, what was she expecting him to say “Yes you were the worst fuck of my entire life I hate you?” That would be BEYOND reasonable, and quite honestly he was annoyed with this entire line of questioning because it just begged for his compassion and pity.

And that was more fucking annoying than literally anything in his life, people fishing for that type of plastic sympathy. It wasn’t fucking real, it was a nice shiny gloss over issues which needed to be fucking addressed.

“....uh.” Unfortunately, he was not angry enough to actually state his thought process.

Light brown eyes seemed yellow as he looked directly into the sun, and then back at Carmen. They were the brown of whiskey – a gentle yellow ring at the very fringes of his iris serving the illusion that sometimes his eyes turned yellow when angry or particularly fervent in passion.

“Uhm.”

Exactly what a girl wanted to hear as an answer to “Do you regret sleeping with me.”

“Nawwwwwwwwwwhhhhh”

Because he was super nice like that

“You were great.”

Laying it on a bit thick there, Ari.

“It was… great.”

Okay she’s going to think you’re lying now. That was one too many greats.

The real answer was that he didn’t really… sex was… nice. And sex was… expected of him. He looked… how he did. And he didn’t mind showing off skin. And he had a dress sense that meant that at any moment he was generally showing off his physique. Or his ass.

And honestly, it wasn’t like he was repulsed by sex. And he definitely had a sex drive, but the thing was that he just… didn’t really view people like that. More specifically, he didn’t really view most of his partners like that.

People propositioned him, he accepted. They had a fun time. That was it.

Did married women fall into his bed? Probably. But that was her problem, and her husband’s problem. Not his.

Did a couple of guys here and there? Drunk hazy meetups behind the gym and general feelings of frustration and tension and a need to prove his superiority over the other and satisfied smiles beneath in the afterglow floated through his head if he really strained his memory, but being drunk and angry didn’t really count, now did it.

He didn’t really mind who it was. And while pleasure was nice, he was always on the abstinent side anyways, despite his appearance and his aesthetic.

At least he could fucking remember Carmen off hand. The lead up, the act, the aftermath.

And Carmen was… nice.

Carmen was a nice girl.

He should like Carmen.

If he was fucking smart, he’d like Carmen.

Carmen seemed to be the type of person that he should be respectably attracted to.

Nobody would ever look at Carmen and go “well that fucker has some weird tastes.”

He should be attracted to Carmen. He was attracted to Carmen.

Physically.

Probably.

When she was a bit more dignified.

… When she wasn’t snotting on his sleeve semi-pathetically.

But yeah.

Yeah. He wasn’t lying when he said that he didn’t regret sleeping with her.

That meant that this could work, right?

But also she was very very drunk, and maybe she should sober up a bit before she decided to actually properly ask him out.

“I’d like to see where this goes too.” He said voice mellowing out, softening considerably. “But you’re drunk right now, and I don’t take advantage of drunk girls.”

He stood, dusting sand off of his pants, holding out both of his hands to pull her up.

“C’mon. Alright. Upsie-daisy. There you go.” And he began to help her walk to his motorcycle. Red, and definitely built for speed. One helmet, though. He seemed to forgo it this time around.

“If you’re good, I’ll make a stop for ice cream.”

now playing...

Inexplicable

The Correspondents

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Summer felt like she could literally explode in the passenger seat of Isaiah McPherson’s car. He didn’t run away. He wasn’t going to, not this time. Did this mean this could actually work? Summer really really hoped so. She couldn’t got through what she already went through again.
“You are so beautiful."

Summer licked her lips as if eager to taste him again as he held up one of her hand and pressed a kiss on the skin of her hand.

“I am so honored that you want to go on this date with me." Summer’s face turned bright red. She couldn’t hide her embarrassment. If she was standing up, her knees probably would’ve buckled from underneath her. Thank god she was already sitting. His hand was warm, as he held eye contact with summer. Was this really happening? It almost felt that she was going to wake up, alone in her bed, any second now. But, as the seconds ticked by she realized this all this was actually real and he wasn’t going anywhere.

She wanted to kiss him again, but before she could pull him in again he sat back, put the car in reverse and pulled out of her driveway.

“So, did you ever think that you'd be going on a date with me? I mean, we've hung out plenty of times before, but not as romantic partners or anything like that." Summer sat back in her seat, smoothing down her white dress. She thought for a moment on how she wanted to answer this question. She pressed her lips into a tight line. There was no answer that wasn’t going to be embarrassing so, she decided to just bite the bullet.

“If I’m being honest, no.” She paused, fidgeting her hands in her lap while looking out the window.

“When you ran away I thought you hated me. Before I worked up the courage to tell you I liked you, I thought you didn’t like me.” The words kept coming up and she couldn’t stop them. It felt good to finally get it off her chest.
“It really hurt when you left.” She confessed, her voice barely above a whisper. She regretted even opening her mouth as the words left her lips. She was ruining the date before it had even started.

Dreamer

Summer

♡coded by uxie♡

Danielle Moulin
1680318721878.png

Danielle cracked a smile when Quentin joked around. It was comforting to see that even though he was going through hell he could still poke some fun and smile. If Quentin could do it then so could she. This wine festival would be the perfect chance for Danielle to forget about Alexei and find the fun in life without him. She didn't need those week long love affairs to be happy. While the idea of moving on and finding love again was exciting to her, there was also a painful ache in her heart as she slowly came to the realization that she would likely never see the smile on Alexeis face as he called her his adorable pet name again. She would never feel his warm embrace as she picked her up and swung her around in excitement as he greeted her. Finding someone new was a scary thought. Danielle didn't really think she was fully ready for a committed relationship. She just wanted to have fun and experience life to it's fullest before settling down and sharing a life with someone.

Danielle pushed the thoughts of Alexei out of her mind and focused her attention on the man in front of her. "Saturday barbeques are fun. I've actually worked a few of those. Just a casual barbeque and they wanted some music to go along with it." Danielle spun on her heel once they approached the event and started to walk beside Quentin instead of slightly ahead of him. "I haven't watched a lot of college football though. Honestly I don't think I've watched any sports other than some hockey when I'm off visiting my family." Danielle rolled her eyes, "My cousin is obsessed with hockey so for one of his birthdays while I was down in Canada we all got tickets and watched it live. It's confusing and cold, honestly." Danielle pushed her hair out of her face and grabbed two glasses of wine off of a tray. She handed one to Quentin and took a sip of the dark red substance. Wine wasn't really her thing but alcohol was alcohol. She couldn't turn it down especially if it was free. "I think wild guys are boring. All they want to do is party and drink and be reckless always. They never want to just hang out, kick back, and relax. It's always go go go with them. I'm more into guys that will happily go to a studio with me and hang out while I play tunes or someone that will sit on the couch after a long day and watch silly cat videos with me. You know?"

Mentions: fieldofclover fieldofclover

Monroe flagged down the bartender, yet again, ordering two shots each of tequila for the both of them. Once the bartender turned away to make their drinks, Monroe turned back towards Alexa as she began to speak.

“That's definitely true. I don't judge - you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm sure we can find you a handsome hottie to spend the night with. What are you into, tall, dark, and handsome? Shy and quiet? A muscle man? You name it, I can find it. Give me the word and I won't let you down, promise." Monroe thought for moment, tapping her index finger on the bar’s marble counter. She bit her lip. She was drawing a blank. What was she into? Definitely someone tall, maybe with blue eyes? She was more into blondes, yeah dirty blondes. Fuck, that’s just Everett. She just described Everett. No matter how hard she tried he always seemed to seep his way back into her mind.

“Two shots of tequila, for you and-“ the bartender slid two small shot glasses In front of Monroe, “two for you.” He slid the other two in front of Alexa. Monroe picked up one glass, shooting the fiery liquid into the back of her throat. She was at the point where she couldn’t even feel the burn of the liquor anymore. She shot back the other one, sliding both glasses back over to the bartender. Her finger tips felt fuzzy as she tapped her fingers to the beat of the loud music playing in the bar. She wasn’t much of dancer but with a few drinks in her stomach she couldn’t stop dancing.

“Uh, I don’t know? I definitely like someone on the taller side,” Her legs bounced to the beat, she really wanted to dance. Her eyes scanned the bar patrons, nobody but one guy really stood out to her.

“How about we play a game?” She asked, “We need drinks though, more shots?” She didn’t wait for Alexa’s response before she ordered two more shots for each of them. When they were placed in front of them she turned towards Alexa.

“We’re gonna do dares. If you don’t wanna do the dare, you’ve gotta take a shot.” She waited for Alexa’s agreement before she said, “dare me. I’m ready.”

Writer

Monroe

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Reuben

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Guns N' Roses

IWelcome to the Jungle

Reuben had been listening to the rumours.

He didn’t like not knowing, so he took information from wherever he could.

Arbitrary gossip was useless, as well as irritating, but when Reuben’s name was mentioned…

Alarm bells started ringing.

There were those that knew about him, and those that didn’t. Those that did were wiser than to say anything. It was better for everyone that way. The whole grim underbelly of Rosemary Beach relied solely on the selective keeping and withholding of information, guarded by the threat of a domino effect rippling through every imperfect person with some stake in it. They were all like Jenga blocks in a tower; one wrong move, one slip of the tongue, and the whole stack would come crashing down.

So when one of Reuben’s frequent clients tipped him off to a mysterious someone who had been asking after him, the wheels had been set in motion. If they knew him by name, they probably knew him by trade, and you never could be too cautious with people you didn’t know. They were a liability.

For anybody who had dirt on Reuben, Reuben had something on them too. But this name Reuben didn’t know. He had nothing. He had no power.

His reaction had to be proactive, and as he sat behind the wheel of his Mercedes in the dimly lit parking lot of some roadside bar on the outskirts of town, he turned over the piece of paper with the name written.

Dr Angelo.

He’d done his due diligence, searched the name through the county police’s database, but still come up empty handed.

It was lucky when the same guy, Dr Angelo, went back to their mutual contact and arranged a meeting.

Dr Angelo.

Reuben.

And Reuben’s unregistered pistol, concealed in the back of his waistband.

He wasn’t taking any chances.

He looked both ways as he crossed the parking lot to the front entrance. The windows were lit with flickering neon signs and sun-bleached posters offering a half-hearted and faded warning to any tempted minors. The place was seedy, but inconspicuous; there was an air of anonymity. It was the type of place where people made a point out of not remembering the faces, or the actions, of the other patrons.

The inside was dark, and close to empty. There was a jukebox to the left as he came in, echoing Guns N’ Roses Welcome to the Jungle through the place. A couple of guys, elders, sipping on some whiskey, sat at the bar. They weren’t talking, only sipping and smacking their lips as they ruminated. The barmaid opposite them neglected to look up as Reuben passed, striding to the back of the room where several empty booths offered up their privacy. If he had to hold a gun to the guy under the table, it was best to be discrete.

He sat with his back to the door and the bar. This was certainly no familiar situation to him. He preferred to do his business with those in the business, not random men of which he couldn’t even get a fucking track on.

He had given some thought to what he would say. He hoped it would be short and simple. The end message would be the same, whoever the guy was and whatever he was after. Reuben didn’t mind playing dirty if he had to.

Reuben cleared his throat, removed his sunglasses, and picked up the menu. Dogshit beer and dogshit liquor. Typical. He thought about the guys at the bar, and silently pleaded with God that if he were to ever end up like them, shitting himself and drinking piss water for $3 a shot, he would prefer to be ripped limb from limb on the spot.

Suddenly, the sound of slow high heels clicking down the room towards him.

He was stirred from his existential dread, but not enough to look up. He continued to flick his eyes over the list of cheap drinks, the clicking coming to a stop at the edge of his table.

Reuben sighed. “I’ll take a beer, please, sweetheart. A bottle. You got Budweiser?”

♡coded by uxie♡

Brooke immediately cringed after she winked at Matt. Wow, what a great first impression Brooke, now he was going to think she was lame. But, if she was being honest, she probably was. She wasn’t allowed to leave her house for the majority of her childhood. Her parents kept her locked up tight in their three bedroom, two bath family home. She was homeschooled up until the day she graduated, and it wasn’t until she got her first job at the ripe age of 18 did she taste alcohol. So, if she was being honest, she was lame, she didn’t know about any of this. It was all new to her. Which is why she liked to be little crazy, act out - get in trouble. She tried so hard to seem cool but in reality it was all an elaborate ruse.

Brooke felt her eyes bulge out of her head when her partner in crime for the time being, began to speak in an entirely different language. She bite into a thin slab of cheese, immediately cringing at the taste. God, is that what rich people liked?

“This. It tastes like ash.” Brooke nodded her head, grabbing a napkin from the table and spit out the, god awful, cheese into it.

“Actually I would like more, this would be good food for my cat. You have a good career ahead in the pet food industry.”

“Oui, this is awful.” She agreed, nodding her head again. She picked up another slice of cheese and bit into it. This cheese was lighter in color, and tangy. She actually liked it but she didn’t show it in her face.

“Oh, this one is OK, oui.” She didn’t know how much longer she was able to keep up with this charade, due to her lack of experience. How many things could you even say about wine and cheese anyways? All she knew is wine made her head fuzzy and cheese, some cheese, was delicious to eat. Nonetheless, she continued on carrying the spontaneous hoax by turning towards to vendor.

“I must say, I’m very unimpressed with this years selection.” She crossed her arms across her chest.

“Is this really your most expensive? It taste like melted rubber.” The vendor look absolutely appalled by their harsh statements. This is exactly what Brooke hoped for, she needed an out, an excuse to leave. She didn’t know much time had past while they were fucking around but Brooke needed to go.

“I’m very disappointed, I simply cannot be here anymore.” She hoped the outburst would confuse the vendor enough that he wouldn’t ask any questions.

She mouthed, I gotta go to Matt then turned on her heels and walked away from the group. She felt bad just leaving like that but she had plans. She hoped Matt would be understanding but, then again she hardly knew him. While she was respectable distance away from the groups of people she pulled out her phone and ordered an Uber. While she was already on her phone she sent Luna a quick text.

We still on for tonight? The confirmation text pinged on her phone at the same time her Uber pulled up. She told the driver her address while sliding into the back of the vehicle. It didn’t take long for them to pull up to her house. Fuck, she forgot her keys in her parents car but luckily enough, she knew where they hid the spare. So, she retrieved it out of the tiny duck that sat on the windowsill, sliding it into the keyhole - successfully unlocking the front door. She wasted no time in peeling off the horrendous dress her mother had picked out for her and started getting ready for the night.

Jpg

Brooke

♡coded by uxie♡

• it was their first date...

and
    Isaiah was starting to regain some of the confidence that he had lost. He wasn't a total screw up after all. Summer really did like him, just like he liked her. He still wanted to take things slow, though - if he scared her away, then he'd never forgive himself. She was too good of a girl to let slip away. So it was pleasant conversation and the promise of getting to steal another kiss from her that kept him going. Isaiah kept on down the road. They'd soon be arriving at the festival at any moment. But it was hard to focus on the road when the most beautiful girl in the world was sitting pretty on the passenger side. How he wanted to kiss her again, and never stop. But he had to control himself. He hadn't come this far just to blow it and end up alone. No, he had to keep his eyes glued to the road.

But as Summer began to speak, he couldn't help but steal a quick glance at her. All his running away had done was convince her that he didn't feel the same way about her. He could kick himself right about now for his past mistakes. But he wasn't going to make any more of them when it came down to Summer. After he pulled into the parking lot and put the SUV in park, he shifted in his seat, taking her hands in his. "I'm sorry. I truly am - I was scared, and a little bit selfish to think that you'd still be there after I ran like a child. You had every right to be mad at me. I totally get it. If I could take all this pain back, I would in a heartbeat. But what's done is done. All we can do now is hope to move forward and move on." Isaiah gently moved to cross the gap between them, placing a gentle kiss on her cheek. He pushed a loose strand of her delicate hair back behind her ear. If he moved any closer, he'd be able to kiss her again, but he decided against it. They had a festival to go to, after all. As fun as it would be to skip out on it and spend the day fooling around, they hadn't come all this way just to sit in the car.

"As much as I'd like to sit here and kiss you, I think we have to get out and experience life." Isaiah took the key out of the ignition, quickly hopping out and jogging around to her side of the car so that he could open the door for her. He extended his hand out to her, helping her down to the ground. He was determined to be a perfect gentleman to her. "Now, mon chérie, I'll let you take the lead here. What do you want to do right now? Drink some rosé? Nibble on some fancy cheese? You name it, we'll do it." It was important to him to know that she was having fun. Giving her a choice would help in that quest for a great date.

Life Itself

♡coded by uxie♡

MOOD: 🤬

OUTFIT: Cleaned up nicely

basics
MENTIONS:

Dani Not Meat Not Meat

Eloise travelbypages travelbypages

Sara tamarapasek tamarapasek

INT:

Josephine tamarapasek tamarapasek

tags
TL;DR:
tl;dr
Alexei Milyukov
Chin up and we'll drown a little slower
The Rosemary Beach Food and Wine Tasting. Despite his appreciation for tasting food and wine, it was the absolute last place Alexei felt like being on this relentlessly sunny afternoon.

But as a Rosemary Beach business owner, he always felt it pertinent to attend community events like this bullshit. To "network" and so forth, as much as the word made him cringe, and shamelessly promote his charming little pub to the folks in town who had the most disposable income to burn on booze and fried pickles. Even if it meant stocking up on the Goldschläger.

Unfortunately, classy events like this required nice clothes, shaving the scruff from his face, and running a comb through his hair for more than three seconds. Constricted by his own choice of attire, Alexei felt far too warm with the afternoon sun beating down on him. He had on what felt like 50 layers of clothing, and even though autumn had cooled the weather off considerably, it was still Florida. Not to mention his hair, pushed back like some douchey corporate tool. He fit right in, honestly, which made his day that much worse.

Alexei certainly didn't fancy himself blending in with this yuppy crowd. He'd written most of them off as entitled scumbags who thought nothing of groping innocents like Sara and Eloise while they were simply trying to earn a living waitressing at these types of events. The thought made his blood boil. Try that at his own place of business, the prick could expect to have his face rearranged by Alexei himself. In this environment though, he assumed slugging someone--even with the noblest of intentions--was no doubt rather frowned upon.

All this would have been far more manageable if he could have looked forward to cuddling up with his girl later on when it was all over. Unfortunately, Dani had other plans. As always, he and Danielle weren't on the same page; they weren't even sharing the same book. And it seemed his ex had finally run out of patience with his possessive boyfriend crap. It wasn't like she'd agreed to start their relationship back up where they'd left off, just because they were sleeping together the past couple weeks. That was just a habit Alexei had slipped back into all on his own.

He thought back on their text fight from moments earlier. Angry as he still was, he wished he hadn't been such a dick. Alexei gulped down the rest of his wine glass, pondering the idea of dipping out early. At least if he went home, he could wallow in his loneliness and self-pity in peace. Or better yet, maybe he could catch Dani before she left the bar, and beg her to give him another shot.

However, he happened to catch a glimpse of someone who made him hold that thought. Josephine, his favorite bookstore sales associate, was prancing through the crowd all alone, as luck would have it. And even more adorable to his eyes than usual, in a ruffled dress that really played up the Disney princess innocence Alexei always found so attractive about her.

Jo was a daughter of yet another ultra-wealthy family in town, so he wasn't at all suprised to see her at one of its swankier events. He was quickly beginning to regret backing off from his pursuit of her though, abandoning their budding romance for pipe dreams of winning back his ex-girlfriend.

In that case, one might think it best to approach the situation a bit cautiously. But Alexei was so thrilled to see her in that moment, the most gorgeous little distraction from his hurt feelings, that he jogged right over without giving it much thought to how she'd react. "Hey! What's up, Princess?" He asked casually, offering a bright smile as he ambled up to the brunette.

"Fancy seeing you here. Any excuse to get trashed, huh?" Alexei teased, flashing a playful smirk. "I'm joooking. They do have some pretty tasty stuff here though. Did you want something to drink?" He asked, gently shaking his own empty glass to underscore their mutual lack of wine to sip on.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Relaxed

OUTFIT: This

basics
MENTIONS:

Aurelian qunqun qunqun

Josephine

INT:

Sara tamarapasek tamarapasek

tags

tl;dr
Daisy Finnbar
Live fast, die young
Bad girls do it well
Daisy nibbled on the latest bite she'd snagged from a passing waiter's tray. This one was a tiny pile of chilled ceviche someone had meticulously spooned over a rice cracker, and Daisy took great care to daintily stuff the morsel in her mouth so she wouldn't spill even a crumb.

Lame and stuffy as this event was, as someone with a deep appreciation for fancy food and good wine, Daisy was in heaven. Likewise, she was eager to compare every frivolous little amuse bouche against the superior fare she and her coworkers cranked out daily at the French Knight. As delicious as plenty of this food was, none of the festival's offerings could hold a candle to even the simplest dish on her boss's fabled menu. Even if Aurelian could be a total prick, Daisy was exceedingly proud to be a key player in his kitchen, serving up the best food in town. Nothing like a renewed sense of job satisfaction to brighten up a humdrum afternoon at the vineyard, gorging yourself sick on crème fraîche and caviar.

Daisy spotted the lanky silhouette of her twin brother in his cater waiter uniform and wandered over, happily snatching the last flute of sparkling wine from his serving tray. She gave a friendly wave to the brunette he'd stopped to chat with, instantly recognizing her as his friend, Sara Alcott. A girl from high school she always found slightly ditzy but sweet. More importantly though, she was a loyal friend to her brother, and that made her aces in Daisy's book.

"Hey, little brother," She chirped at her twin, even though he towered a good seven inches over her. "Is your hair...taller today?" She teased, unaware it was only mere moments after Sara had posed a similar question at him. Reaching up with her free hand to playfully muss his perfectly sculpted hairdo, she snickered as Nick slapped it away, hissing a hushed protest.

She watched Sara's big blue eyes scan the crowd, chiming in to ask if anyone had seen Finn around the event. The girl's nervous energy signaled the nerd clearly wasn't Sara's current, or even ex boyfriend, despite how attached at the hip that pair was back in the day.

"Don't tell me you two haven't fucked yet," Daisy blurted out with a quirked brow of disbelief, ignoring the mortified look she got from Nick. He learned long ago it was useless trying to censor his sister's off-color remarks, and much easier to apologize for her words after the fact.

"Speaking of," She nudged her twin with an elbow to get his attention. "Isn't that your girlfriend over there?" Daisy gestured discreetly in the distance to point out the little lady in a flouncy floral dress. Josephine Kingly, yet another fellow alumni, not to mention Nick's not so secret high school crush.

"Oh and look, she's getting hit on by your boss," She added with a smirk, throwing a side eye at Nick to watch the color drain from his face.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
ryan murphy.
"You gotta chiiiiiiiiiill."
Ryan, for the record, had zero clue what he was doing. The guy could hardly even think straight with Eloise near him, he'd become acutely aware of her presence at all times. How could he not? Everything about her, from the way she looked to the sound of her warm laugh to the scent of her soap on the breeze, was enough to render the buffoon entirely speechless. No, that he could deal with, Ryan was nothing if not inventive and a true follower of the motto 'we must stay focused, brothers'. Besides, Ryan was also very used to not knowing what to say, that was half the reason why he was as funny as he was.

He had zero clue what to do on a date.

It might come as a massive surprise but Ryan, despite the infinite rizz he possessed at all times, had never really been on dates. He'd had partners over the years, month long flings on the road, people that drifted into his life before disappearing as fast as they'd arrived, but never anyone like Eloise. Never anyone he really wanted to impress, never anyone that he found himself worrying about having a good time.

So, he carefully had planned everything out as carefully as he laid the blanket on the grass and as carefully as he'd picked out a tree to sit under. As the pair sat down, Ryan pulled off his jacket and tossed it aside before opening the top of the basket.

"Cheeky, I like it." Eloise chimed in as Ryan reached in to the basket to free up the food he'd gotten earlier and hid in the back of their fridge. "Okay Mr. Evermore, what other surprises are you pulling out on this date?"

Ryan looked up with a grin, jokingly asking his head as he tsk-tsked Eloise.

"Come on now, El, we've barely gotten started. You gotta chiiiiiiiiiill," Ryan teased as he finished laying out the containers of food, all the fancy kinds of foods that they'd eaten at the country club. Certainly lower in quality for what he'd paid for them but still, Ryan had taken careful note to pick out all of Eloise's favourites. Finally, he pulled out two beers, the same brand that Eloise had brought the first time they met. "Alright, m'lady, this fine spread is brought to you by Rosemary Beach's own grocery store because I, Mr Ryan Evermore, can't cook for shit."

Reaching into the pocket of his pants, Ryan freed a small rectangular box from his pocket. "For our first event of the evening," he flipped the box over, revealing a fresh and unused box of cards, "Uno. Yes, I know, the sexiest game known to man, used as a courting ritual for cajillions of years. Please, try not to strip and mount me at this very moment, it isn't becoming."
eloise | the park| x | travelbypages travelbypages

coded by weldherwings.

charlie howell.
"Shit, fuck, I'm sorry."
“Are you leaving?” Graham sat up. Charlie fought the urge to walk to the bedside and fix a tuft of auburn hair that had been pushed out of place by his pillow. "Not without a kiss goodbye?”

Graham's voice, singing with the softest accent kicked into high gear by the slumber that she'd ever so rudely awoken him from, made her heart flutter slightly. The schoolgirl admiration was quickly washed away by the guilt, the confusion.

He should be enough, that charming and boyish feel about him should have been enough to pull her in, keeping her begging for more. Graham was a good man, at least this is what Charlie had decided in their short time of knowing one another. He was funny, charming, had a wonderful outlook and attitude, yet it wasn't enough. Graham deserved better than being ditched before he'd even woken up. What would have happened if he awoke and she had already left? Charlie swallowed, her hand reaching up to awkwardly rub the opposite arm as her gaze took in Graham's expression.

He was hurt.

“Yeah. Ehm. Yeah. I won’t keep you. Go ahead. Shoo.” Graham continued. Charlie nodded, blonde hair cascading over her thin shoulders as she did so. She couldn't bring herself to speak, instead scooping up her bag from the foot of the bed and moving to exit. “Text me when you get to where you’re going” Because he knew she was a liar “I ehm… I’d like to know you got home safe. If you feel comfortable doing that.”

Charlie paused, her brows furrowing together as she turned back around to face Graham.

"Why don't you come with?" She blurted out without thinking, the guilt taking over her mind. Charlie's fingers traced over the stitching on the strap of her bag as she offered an apologetic smile to Graham. "Look, I don't, uh... Fuck, I dunno, I don't do," her finger gestured to the pair, "this often. Ya know, hookups, one night stands, flings, whatever you want to call this. I don't really know what's supposed to happen now. I had a lot of fun though, and you're an amazing man, Mr Byrne." Charlie shrugged, laughing a little at how pathetic she sounded. "Come get breakfast with me. My treat, as an apology for my bullshit behaviour."

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆​

Breakfast was a good call. The pair had gotten ready and Charlie had driven them to the food and wine festival, finding themselves a little booth that served the most delicious waffles, paired with mouth watering sangria and fresh fruit. Charlie stayed true to her word, allowing Graham to splurge however much he wanted on her dime. Charlie knew that money wouldn't fix her garbage behaviour earlier that morning but maybe, somehow, breakfast would soften the blow.

If she was being honest, the meal with Graham passed effortlessly. Awkward at first, Charlie eventually loosened up and conversation became easy, the jokes were exchanged like a pair of old friends. As the meals were finished and the plates cleared, leaving Charlie sipping on her sangria, she silently found herself not wanting the moment to end.

"Hey, did you maybe want to walk around the f-" Charlie's words fell short as the figure came into view, blond hair dancing in the midday sunlight.

Fuck.
graham, rowan | graham's place > food and wine fest| x | qunqun qunqun vixe vixe

coded by weldherwings.

Sienna Haven
CA3E99E9-B126-41A5-8C93-CCCDD30B747B.jpeg

Sienna already hated it here. Back home, she was established. She had her own studio, her apartment, everything. But of course her family had to go and mess that all up and put the rest of them in danger. She hated them. Okay, well maybe not so much Claire, but the rest made her blood boil. She made sure to get her own place in Rosemary, she needed her space from them. Which is why she also got a job at the local tattoo shop in town. She would start up her own, but she hated the idea of some new fresh store coming into town to take over.
She had originally wanted to start the next day, but of course, her family soiled her mood and the only thing she could think of was getting her hand on a tattoo gun and carving a new design into her skin. But she couldn’t do it at home, that’s just unsanitary. So she’d go in, set up her booth, and maybe give herself a little tattoo. Some might call it, therapeutic.

The girl shuffled through some boxes to find something proper to wear to the new job, which she settled on a skirt and a t shirt layered over a long sleeve. It wasn’t cold by any means but the fall chill was settling in. When her tattoo kit was packed up, her pre drawn pieces laid gently in a folder, and her resume printed off, the girl was set ready to go check out her new job.

The outside of the studio looked like a regular tattoo shop, with the logo in the window and shaders blocking out the UV. She respected a darker studio. They were easier to work in. The smell of cleaners and ink filled her senses when she stepped in and she was almost instantly comforted. “Wooow.” She said and let out a small whistle as she took a look around the place. Very clean, neatly organized. It reminded her of her old studio.
When her eyes settled on her new boss behind the counter, a small smirk touched her lips as she wandered over, “formally introducing myself, I’m Sienna but you can call me Sie.” She said, placing the resume on the counter for him to look over. But she knew she had the job already from his tone in their messages. “So which room am I taking? And are we allowed to decorate?” She asked, over her shoulder as her eyes wandered the designs all over the room. She liked his style, it was a lot more harsh compared to her delicate designs. She specialized in indie designs so it was refreshing to see some loud pieces, “this your work?” She asked him, nodding to the work on the walls as he led her to her work room.

Mentions: Cyrus - PenguinFox PenguinFox

FE654E2D-8987-4940-83D1-2FD79BEF0E4B.jpeg

Last edited:
Micah Cooper
50C90A87-2406-456A-95EA-81A9A83FCA19.jpeg

Micah knew everyone was going to the wine fest thing, and that was never really his scene. In high school he was labelled the dork, which was fair, but there was something he enjoyed more about sitting at home to watch movies and eat snacks. The thought of standing in a crowed of potentially drunk people made him nervous. Plus he didn’t like being around the crowed that bullied him in high school, and from what he could tell from social media, the worst one was in attendance.
When he got the message from Cole about wanting a tutoring session, Micah was in the middle of his billionth time watching Spider-Man, and which it was enjoyable and his most favounite movie, he really enjoyed talking to Cole. He even had some small feelings there for the guy. But he didn’t know how to approach that sort of thing with his lack of confidence and experience. Especially with the… intellectual barrier that he and Cole had. But all that mattered was that Cole liked their tutoring sessions, and he even found Micah’s jokes funny which was nice because no one else in the town did.
After fixing himself up to look somewhat decent for their tutoring, Micah hopped in his car and made his way over to Cole’s house. He’d only picked up the man a few times before, but he knew where to go because of how long he had lived in the town. Once outside, he gave the horn a little honk and then sent Cole a quick text that he was there, and turned up the music as he waited, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.
Eventually he saw the ray of sunshine that was Cole come out to the car and get in, “hey I brought some of those comic books. I think you’ll like them a lot.” He told the man and put the car in drive to head over to the library, “I can’t stay too long today, unfortunately, I have a show in the city later.” He said and made small talk with Cole until eventually they pulled up to the library. Hopping out, he grabbed the books from the back seat and locked up the doors. ”So which one would you like to start with? Personally I love Spider-Man.” He told Cole with a bright smile, doing his best not to drop every single book.

Mentions: Cole - fieldofclover fieldofclover
Outfit is just jeans and a t shirt with Thanos printed on it, with a red flannel over top.

Last edited:

micah was picking him up...

and
Cole had never been more excited in all of his life. He had a big crush on his English teacher, Micah, and now he'd get to spend even more time with him. And no, before someone starts scolding Cole, this isn't an Ezria type situation. Both of them are of age, thank you very much. Nobody's getting taken advantage of here. Anyway, he thought that it was so sweet that Micah had offered to teach him how to read, for, as everyone who has had any sort of interaction with Cole online knows, the guy's not the most educated individual in the bunch. So learning how to write better would helo him out in the long run - that is, if he could focus on the content at hand instead of Micah's cute face. It was hard to concentrate when his tutor was so breathtakingly handsome. But, of course, there was no way that Micah swung that way, so Cole decided to keep those feelings for him buried way down deep. There were a startling number of straight men in this town. Sometimes, it made Cole sad to think about all the cutie boy boys that were unavailable to him, including Micah. Especially Micah.

He had hardly pulled his Vans on before he heard the familiar horn of Micah's car. He was here. Cole's heart nearly burst with excitement at the thought of seeing Micah again. He was going to introduce him to the world of comic books and superheroes. Cole didn't quite understand the lore or characters at all, but the colors and pictures were nice to look at. He nearly fell down the stairs leading out to the front door on his way out, but managed to catch himself before he did. Sometimes his feet and his brain didn't connect. It was very rude of them to do so, if he was being entirely honest with himself. But before he got carried away with his scolding of his own body, Cole finally made it outside to Micah's running car. "Hello, teacher!" he shouted before realizing he was being too loud. He needed to work on his inside voice. Cole buckled himself into the seat, shutting the door behind him. "What are we learning today?"

His eyes widened at the idea of looking at new comic books. Cole hoped that the pictures were even bolder and brighter this go-round. But then his face fell at the thought of having to leave Micah after only a short period of time. Cole really liked Micah, and the more time they spent together, the harder he was falling for him. And before his brain could stop his mouth, he blurted out a "Can I go with you?" This was quickly followed up with "If you want me to, of course. Oh, and I meant to your show. I don't know if I made that clear." His cheeks flamed with color at what he had just said. But, he wasn't one to back down. It was out in the open now, and the worst thing that Micah could do now was say no. God, Cole hoped that Micah wouldn't say no.

But soon they were at the local library. Maybe Micah would forget completely about what he had just said. Maybe he thought it was a dumb idea for Cole to attend the show. After all, he had never went to one of them before. What if Cole wasn't part of the stand-up crowd? But he couldn't think that way. Come to think of it, he was reminding himself of one of those McPherson kids. He couldn't tell any of them apart, regardless of their gender. "Spider-Man sounds fun. But is he a spider? Does he have all those legs? Because that would be kind of weird."

Starstruck

♡coded by uxie♡

Eloise Evermore
icegif-1364.gif

Eloise felt giddy as Ryan began to pull out the goodies from the basket, and smiled brightly about how every item he brought was something of her favorites. That meant he was paying attention and observing. And that made her heart melt. Taking the beer, she popped it open with her keys and took a sip. "Wow, I didn't know the grocery store could produce such fine delicacies." She teased and scooted closer to take her hand of the cards, "this is sweet though. No one's ever put this much effort into me." She admitted as she rearranged the cards in her hand in how she would play them.
"I will warn you though, I am epic at this game. You will lose every round." Eloise told him confidently, though of course as they played each round she embarrassed herself with losing each time. Eventually she put the cards down with a huff, "okay, I lied. I'm terrible at most games." She said with a laugh and looked over the food, choosing to pick up some crackers and cheese. Her nerves were wound so tight she wasn't sure if she could stomach a whole meal. At least, not until the beer was gone.
Shyly, Eloise scooted closer to Ryan and leaned into him as she sipped more of her beer and picked at more food. Eventually she graduated from cheese and crackers to one of the bigger pieces of food. And when she was full, she plopped back on the blanket, looking up at the sky, "wow, Chef Ryan Evermore, that was probably the best food that I've ever had." She told him with a smile and shielded her eyes from the setting sun as she tilted her head to look up at him, "soooo now do I get a hint at the next part of the date?" She asked with a pout on her lip. "I may need to digest this food first though."

Mentions: Ryan - geminiy geminiy

The hand on the small of her back, burned- warming her lower back. She felt her heart leap inside of her chest. Was it getting hotter in this bar or was it just her? She swallowed thickly as his hand left her back to hold the menu.

“Well, we could get nachos to share, the plate is huge, but if you’re looking for a meal meal then honestly anything is great here. Either way it’s on me in celebration of your first day.” Ava had to take a moment to collect herself. In a moment or two she felt herself nodding.

“Nachos! Nachos sound great.” She wanted to be humble and tell him that she would take the tab but, if she was being honest- she couldn’t. She was barely scraping by, that’s why she needed this job. She wasn’t about to jeopardize it because she couldn’t stop her heart from racing whenever she was around her boss.

“Just put it on my tab.” Ava didn’t realize that the bartender had asked them a question until Daniel opened his mouth Fuck, she needed to get out her head. She pushed her brown hair behind her shoulder and sat up a little straighter.

“Can I get a, uh-“ she thought for moment, “Coke and Rum?” It was simple drink, she wasn’t trying to get wasted in front of her new boss. She probably wouldn’t be able to keep her hands off of him if she overindulged. Just the thought of his hands on her skin made her dizzy.

“so, as you can probably tell the shack is pretty chill to work at. I have some expectations to keep the place running smoothly, but since I kind of live there if you ever need any days off or anything just let me know. I got it covered.” Fuck, and he was considerate and nice? This was going to be impossible. Daniel continued taking about how she needed learn CPR. She nodded, agreeing just as the bartender placed their drinks in front of them. She tentatively picked up her drink and clinked the side of her glass with his bottle before taking a small sip.

“So,” she watched him put the bottle to his lips then set it down on the bar-top, “do you have anything you’re wondering about? Cause I got lots of things I’m wondering about.” Ava took another, bigger, sip of her drink before she sat it down on the napkin it came with. She raised an eyebrow at him. That was definitely flirty. She felt her cheeks heat up. Damnit Ava. She cleared her throat, bending down to take another sip of the liquid courage. She didn’t know why she was so nervous, she wasn’t usually like this around guys but Daniel felt different. She leaned in closer, putting her elbows on the bar top and leaned her hand on her palm. There were a lot of things she was wondering about but none them were appropriate conversation between a boss and an employee.

“No, not right now,” she smiled and leaned a little bit closer, “Tell me what you’re wondering about, maybe I can help?” Her tone, even though she wasn’t trying to, came off a bit flirty. Sometimes, she couldn’t help it. She’d always been naturally flirty person and sometimes(most times) it got her in trouble.

beach babe

Ava

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Micah Cooper
7ac61410264df33caa936ae466dbfa2fc9859b3e.gifv

Micah was so nervous around Cole, that he didn't even know how to respond to Cole's question about coming to the show too. He wanted him to. Like a lot. But would Cole enjoy that sort of thing? Like he seemed like more an extrovert than Micah was. Maybe he would enjoy going? By the time they got to the library though, it felt like it was way too late to say yes. They had already talked about other things. God, why did Micah have to be so weird sometimes?
Talking himself through it in his head, he walked with Cole into the library and instead of answering Cole's question about Spider-Man, he turned to Cole, "you can come to the show. If you really want to. Stand up clubs are fun. People drink, tell jokes, laugh at jokes. I really think you'd like it and I'd like you to come with me." he told Cole finally, and smiled some, "and no, Spider-Man isn't actually a spider, he's just a guy with super powers like one."
The library was almost completely empty, except for a few people, and he found a spot on the comfier couches. After placing the comics on the table he grabbed the first Spider-Man that makes sense for the timeline and opened it up, "I kind of wanna try something new today. I know you can read texts and all that, so do you wanna try reading this to me? You start at the left side of the page and move right." He told Cole, showing him how he would read the page, by reading the first page as an example. He wanted Cole to do good and be proud of himself for doing good. But if it was too hard for Cole he wouldn't push the lesson in that direction. But Comics were a great place to start. "Then whatever words you can't work through, I'll write them down and we can practice them."

TW: Guilt complex, self-loathing​

SEPTEMBER 14TH.

A quick look into the mind of Graham Flynn Byrne.

He took in her body language, the miniscule twitch of her eyebrows. The tiniest flicker downwards of her mouth. The slightest recoil of her nose. Hands attempting to find something idle to do - something to calm a nerve which had been struck.

It spoke to him softly, her feelings becoming intermingled with his own.

Regret. Guilt. Anxiety. Awkwardness.

It was his fault. He should’ve just shut the fuck up

You’re an amazing man, Mr Byrne.

You made her feel bad.

Come get breakfast with me. My treat, as an apology for my bullshit behavior

It’d be rude to decline, but you shouldn’t get fecking rewarded for this shit.

“Yeah, sure. I drive, or I drive and meet you there, though.”

Selfish.

“I’m…” A small look down, lips drawn back in a dark kind of chuckle. Somewhere half between a dark humored gallows humor smile, the other half his normal radiance. “I’m pretty claustrophobic, need to feel in control of the tin death machine. Normal alpha masculinity stuff of needing to drive.”

The slightly self-deprecating gallows humor slipping in as he started dressing for going out.

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

Once the first touch of bitter black coffee touched his tongue, Graham was able to slide the charm back on like small bits of his true feelings hadn’t slid out for a fraction of a second.

He knew that his methods worked as the tight awkwardness of her body language slid away into much more relaxed posture.

It also didn’t hurt that Graham and Charlie’s senses of humor seemed to mesh extremely well, allowing Graham even to slowly peak out from behind his walls to let tiny edges of his sardonic wit pepper his jokes.

The food and wine festival were close.

She turned to him, a question in her eyes, and curiosity on her face.

She wanted to go to the fair with him. He knew the question before she could even ask.

“Hey, did you maybe want to walk around the…”

Her eyes immediately latched onto golden hair and a resting bitch face.

Extremely punchable.

Tenseness laced around Charlie’s body at the sight of him.

Not good news.

Hide her?

Graham stepped in between her and Rowan, back facing Rowan as he gave Charlie a quizzical look.

His face had fallen gravely as he looked down upon her. Whispered to her as softly as possible as the multiple different hypotheses of why Charlie would ever be nervous-uncomfortable-frightened ran simultaneously through his head. “Trouble?”

now playing...

Hard Times

Paramore

♡coded by uxie♡

Daniel Charter
bf671e96aa70337127520cb3be5239fe2b012936.gifv

Daniel smiled some when Ava leaned in closer. She seemed more nervous before she started sipping her drink, but now she was leaning in more and her tone changed to something flirty. And not to be that guy but he was enjoying himself. After that shit that Summer pulled, leading him on and all that, he liked this sort of attention. Plus, he ran his own business. It's not like he had a whole HR team or anything behind the scenes. And if he fucked up majorly he had his families lawyers.
So he leaned in closer, his elbow propped up on the bar, "well, I'd like to know how you ended up in this shit show of a town? Like, it's pretty cool, you seem pretty cool, but this place of all places is not." He said with a small laugh, combing a hand through his hair which was straw-like from the sea water. "Also, sorry if this is too bold, but you're super gorgeous. Is there any guy out there that I should be worrying about?" He couldn't hide his grin. Maybe it was because he was almost done this beer.
Just as he ordered his second one, the server brought around their nachos and he sat up straight again, taking a quick bite of the chips. "God, it's so great to unwind with a drink and food. Being in the water all day can get a little tough." He realized then how much he was talking compared to her, and he felt his face redden, "shit, sorry if I ramble. Sometimes I get to thinking about something and if you ever want me to shut up, tell me." He said as he took another bite of the chips and swig of his new beer.

Mentions: Ava - vixe vixe

at the library...

and
Cole was a bit dismayed that Micah hadn't said anything regarding his interest in attending his stand-up show. But he didn't let it show on his face - he didn't want to cause any problems between them if he could help it at all. Cole didn't want to lose Micah, even as a friend. He followed him into the library, feeling a bit disappointed about everything. Cole really hoped that he hadn't messed up their plans, because Micah hadn't really reacted. It was quiet for a little while before his tutor began to speak. And what Micah had to say startled him a little bit. You can come to the show...I'd like you to come with me. His heart nearly leapt out of his chest at the sound of that. The lack of reaction meant that Micah had really been thinking it over, and now he had come to a conclusion. The best possible conclusion: Cole would be able to go with him to see the show. He felt like jumping in the air and saying "yippee" right about now. He had seen it on a show one time and it looked fun. But it wasn't realistic, unfortunately. If it only happened to be realistic...oh wait, Cole had to speak now, didn't he? What was Micah going on about now? Oh, right, Spider-Man.

"How does Spider-Man be a spider if he's a man? I am so confused right now." Complex situations such as Peter Parker becoming Spider-Man gave him a headache sometimes. He wished things weren't so complicated all of the time. Cole was a simple man, through and through. Maybe it was a little obvious that he was. But who could blame him? The world was full of things that he couldn't possibly comprehend, even if he tried his hardest to. So it was easier to just roll with the flow. But anyways...Cole sat down next to Micah on the leather couch beneath them. It was quite comfortable, if he did say so himself. It would be perfect to take a nap on, if only it were at his home instead of the library. But he had come here to do one thing, and that was to get better at reading. Cole couldn't fall asleep, even if that was all he wanted to do right now. I kind of wanna try something new today...do you wanna try reading this to me? He suddenly got nervous at the idea of reading out loud. Although he tried not to show it, his illiteracy was what he was most ashamed of. It humiliated him to know that he might never be able to read or write on the level that he was supposed to.

Cole wasn't going to back down from this challenge, of course. Embarrassing or not, he had been encouraged to do something, and he was determined to do it right. "Okay. But don't laugh at me, please." He glanced over at Micah, nothing but vulnerability and fright in his eyes. The last thing that Cole wanted to hear was laughter directed at his inability to read. He gently took the comic book from his teacher, slowly looking down at the first page. (For reference, it's the Amazing Spider-Man [2022] Issue 1) "O...outside York...Pemsiva?" That couldn't be right. Cole's eyes floated back over to Micah. "I didn't read that word right, did I?" His face fell. "I'm sorry...I disappointed you, didn't I?" He had always disappointed his father with the fact that he couldn't read. Cole felt bad. He could barely form three consecutive words in his mind without at least one of them being wrong. He would never be able to learn how to read, would he? This was a mistake. Micah would think that he was stupid for sure now.

Starstruck

♡coded by uxie♡

MOOD: Apprehensive

OUTFIT: See bottom left image

basics
MENTIONS:
travelbypages travelbypages
INT:
tags
TL;DR Heather invites Hunter to a wine tasting event
tl;dr
Heather
Hello it's so good to see you, we met before but nice to meet you

Heather Paige considered herself a woman of fine tastes. Who she chose to associate with, what she ate and drank, her tastes in the arts. Going to a wine tasting was right up her alley. In fact when she was living with her mother in Paris, Heather would go to these types of events all the time. In addition to enjoying the wine it also was great for her image. Rich socialites such as herself had to be seen out and about of course.

Heather also considered herself a fair woman. Someone who paid back her debts and she felt like she owed...oh what was his name again? It took her several minutes of scrolling through twitter to find her previous interactions with Hunter so she could find his name and reach out to him. He had done her a huge favor in giving her weed, okay huge was dramatic but still, he had done her a favor and for that she felt she needed to repay him. Normally she would just throw money at her problems and call it a day but Hunter had insisted that she not pay him unless she ditched him. So the pair had sat and smoked and idly chatted for awhile.

Heather was wary on talking too much to him as she didn't know him and was slow to trust. Talking could give away information, information that could be used against her. People were vicious and there were plenty that wanted to see her downfall. Not like she was some kind of spy or anything, but there were plenty of people who would be happy if she faded to obscurity.

As repayment for an okay, if a bit awkward, time and free weed, Heather decided it would be fair of her to take Hunter to a wine tasting event in town. A vice for a vice. So she messaged him and told him to meet her there. She had to make a stop and pick up a nice shirt for him first but that was fine. Money was no object to the Paige heiress.

Once at the venue she stopped at the older ladies at the entrance handing out the wristbands for the event and showed them Hunter's twitter profile picture. "If he shows up, he's with me. Tell him to message me and I'll meet him at the bathrooms." Heather instructed before heading inside and preparing herself for boring mingling. She wasn't even sure he'd show up, this didn't seem like his type of thing but then again she was also offering free alcohol. Wine tasting might not be his thing but free drinks seemed like something he would be into. Plus Hunter would get the pleasure of saying he'd gone with THE Heather Paige. Not many people could say they went to an event with her. She just hoped he wouldn't embarrass her. "Alright Heather, time to show some face." she mumbled to herself, and with that she plastered on a fake smile and headed in further to mingle with rich stuffy old people.
code by valen t.

Micah Cooper
5AD37F92-3109-4AFB-BE02-73359DCC3EE6.gif
Micah gave Cole a brief rundown of Spider-Man and how he got his powers, all the while ignoring his heart racing from his bravery of inviting Cole to go with him to his show. He was happy at the moment, and when Cole began to struggle almost immediately with the comic, Micah leaned in and placed a hand on Cole’s back, while his other hand pointed out the words, “here, try slower. We’re in no rush to finish it.“ He said with a smile and sounded out the words for Cole, pushing him to sound it out the way he did, “we gotta start somewhere, but you’ll never catch me disappointed.” He told Cole. “Just try it again and I’ll help if you need it.”
When they eventually got through part one of the comic, Micah grabbed the sheet of paper, of the words that Cole seemed to struggle with the most, “here, so“ He paused, sounding them out, “sometimes things start with an F, like farm and firefly, but when a p is paired with an h it makes the same sound, like pharmacy or Philadelphia.” He explained and put the paper down, “honestly you did great.“ He said to Cole with a smile. He knew Cole struggled, but he would never want anyone to feel uncomfortable around Micah.
Glancing down at his watch, he saw he had two hours to get to the city for the show And the idea that they had been at the library for over an hour baffled him, “do you have everything you need to head out? We gotta be in the city soon if you still want to come.” He offered as he gathered up the papers and books. And when Micah had the assurance he needed, he stood and scooped up everything back into his arms, “come on, we can play some tunes on the way there, and maybe have a beer before my set.” He said with a smile and nodded for Cole to follow.

Tw: sad Carmen

Carmen regret it the second the words left her lips. All she could think was why - why couldn’t she just keep her mouth shut. She wished the ground would crack open and just swallow her hole.

“..uh” Oh fuck, she’d really done it now. Carmen hugged her knees to her chest and rested her cheek on one of them.
“Uhm.” She could feel his gaze on her. Was he angry? He honestly had every right to be. What kind of a question was that? It was definitely not something she would’ve said if she was wasn’t chock full of liquid courage.

“You were great. It was great.”

Carmen almost laughed. She wasn’t even mad that he didn’t answer her question, what did she expect? She should’ve known any guy would’ve avoided her question like it was the plague. It didn’t help that she was an absolute, blubbering, mess with no makeup on and her whole face, flushed from crying and throwing back the bottle all day. She sniffled, tightening her grip on her knees. Her blonde hair tickled the skin of her back as she buried her face into the crook of her arm. She closed her eyes for a second, trying to stop her head from spinning so she could actually give him a single intelligent thought.

“I’d like to see where this goes too.” His voice was almost gentle. She started to lift her head from its hidey-hole. That was not the answer she was expecting.
“But you’re drunk right now, and I don’t take advantage of drunk girls.” He continued, standing up from his spot on the blanket. Carmen’s lips parted and her eyebrows furrowed together, slightly. Why did this almost feel like a trick? Her confusion only continued when he held out his hands for her to take them. Reluctantly she placed her slender hands in his much bigger palms.

“C’mon. Alright. Upsie-daisy. There you go.” As to be excepted from a clearly inebriated person, she stumbled - swaying on her feet. The sudden rush made her dizzy. Collecting herself, she dived down and picked up her sweatshirt along with the little blanket they were both sitting on. Then, Ari led them both to his motorcycle, parked right off the beach.

“If you’re good, I’ll make a stop for ice cream.” She felt herself nodding. Ice cream sounded really good right now. She waited for Ari to get situated on the bike before she slid in behind him. Hesitantly, she wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her cheek on his back as he peeled away from the beach. The almost autumn air thrashed her hair and clothes around as they sped down the road, off to go get the delicious sweet treat.

The rich bitch

Carmen

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

tw: Implied child abuse, sex trafficking mention​

SEPTEMBER 14TH.

A memory.

Before he was Aurelian, but after he had to get his name changed.

Small and angry, with a lifetime of disgrace and abuse to stoke the flames of wrath. A slightly crooked snakelike smile made its way across the older brother's face. He knew something that Aurelian didn’t know. And pangs of mistrust rang through him as they took a wrong turn that wasn’t where they were supposed to go to get home.

He wanted to throttle him. Wring his neck until he stopped looked at him like he was something to be fucking pitied. Or, until he stopped breathing. Whichever occurred first.

Aurelian fucking hated him.

A hand on the door, and a yellow-eyed stare: was this sex trafficking? Was this another round from Montana? Rich fucks have weird taste, after all. And he knew that he was an attractive face.

Dante gave him another snort of laughter, like his wariness was fucking funny

“Relax, we’re just getting ice cream.”

The fuck?

Dante glanced down at him, and then blinked. Dawning horror struck him. “Oh my God. I’m- Oh no. No. You got straight As on your report card. I was going to surprise you with ice cream.”

What.

“No I’m not. No. No. You’re safe, I wasn’t going to-”

Well now it felt like he was just rubbing it in.

They were pulling into the parking lot of the ice cream store now. Aurelian looked out, and then back at his new older brother. “Why?”

“You deserve to be rewarded for the efforts that you’re making.”

Dante gave him that insufferably perfect crooked smile that made Aurelian want to punch him in his stupid fucking face.

“C’mon, it’ll be fun”

And so Dante let him sit on the hood of his car as strawberry pink slowly dripped down from the cone and onto the pavement below while they bitched about their parents.

It was probably the first happy memory of his childhood at the age of 14.

He pulled into the ice cream shop’s parking lot now, in the present. The harshness of his normal severe expression softened immensely by the smile that curled around the edges of his lips.

He paid, obviously.

He decided to not inquire further into why she was sobbing on a beach, because now that his anger had been cowed and he felt the tugs of inner peace soothing the jagged edges of his personality, he figured that she was definitely not telling him the entire story.

That was fine.

Aurelian never told people his entire fucked up past either. The latest of indignities being that he was adopted specifically because he was a difficult child. They wanted to look good by taming the wild child.

Yeah, he’d won the fucking lottery, but that didnt mean it wasn’t fucking infuriating.

They hadn't succeeded, Dante had. But they took the credit anyway, the pricks.

“I wonder why people don’t make peanut butter cricket flavors of ice cream.” Aurelian said out loud. “Or like… barbecue ice cream? That'd be wild. I think I should try that next.”

His smile was actually really nice. It changed his face completely from an angry scowl to a surprisingly youthful expression. Good natured. And strangely polite. He almost seemed like a person outside of the anger.

“What do you think? Think it’ll catch on?” His guard was down, and the softest southern Atlantan drawl began to peek out from behind a carefully constructed New Yorker dialect.

now playing...

Valentine

Laufey

♡coded by uxie♡

at the library...

and
Cole was trying not to show his embarrassment after failing to read the words correctly. If his dad could see him right now, he'd be so ashamed of his only son. He always seemed to fail him, no matter how hard he tried. No wonder he let him move out here all by himself. All Cole had done was weigh him down. He hadn't seen his father in years, not since he graduated high school. Last he heard, his father was somewhere across the country, swindling his way into the heart of another unsuspecting middle-aged housewife. Cole may not have been the sharpest tool in the shed, but there was one thing that he knew to be true - his father would never change. But then Micah had placed a reassuring hand on his back, raising goosebumps up and down his arms. Cole hadn't expected the slight touch, but he would welcome anything from him. Too bad Micah wasn't gay.

It took quite some time, but eventually, Micah and Cole made it all the way through the first part of the comic book. His awkward feelings about reading out loud had, for the time being, vanished almost entirely. A quick lesson on phonics also helped his mood improve. Maybe some day, he'd be a reading pro. But today, he was satisfied with what he had accomplished. Honestly, you did great. That, in it of itself, made Cole's heart flutter. But Micah still wasn't into him. Oh well. Maybe he could fantasize about him while with someone else. "Thank you. You didn't have to take time out of your day to help me, but you did it anyway. I like that about you." It took all the strength in Cole's body not to add a quick "I like you, too" at the end. But he didn't burst out with that. And, if anyone really knew Cole, they knew that he couldn't not phrase a thought out loud. He was being really strong here. No one could tell him otherwise.

But the moment couldn't last. No, time had to be against him right about now. It was quite a shame - he liked the quiet time with Micah. Cole didn't let that bother him, at least outwardly. "Of course I still want to come. You tell the funniest jokes out of anyone I know." And it was the honest truth, mainly because he couldn't lie to save his soul. But why would he want to lie to Micah? He was one of the best people in his life. Cole rose to his feet, smiling over at Micah. "Sure, that sounds great. Can we listen to Hannah Montana on the way?" If anyone knew him, they knew that Hannah Montana was his favorite singer. And no, it wasn't a joke. He loved to sing along to Rockstar and If We Were A Movie while driving along in his car. It just made him feel safe. Cole followed Micah back out to the parking lot. He was looking forward to Micah's stand up set. He was gonna kill it, that was for sure.

Starstruck

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back