• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Rosemary Beach (Main)

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Hunter Blaire
C8ADF141-48C7-46CB-93F8-B1DC31B94508.gif
Since arriving to Rosemary Beach, Hunter hadn’t done much with his life besides hang out with Nico, the guy who invited him to the town, drive Around and familiarize himself with the space (he even found the wicked donut shop that Cole had mentioned), and camp out in parking lot to parking lot. But to say he was fully enjoying his time was an understatement. He loved the town, which was a rarity for him To like one place for more than five minutes. For him, Rosemary Beach seemed to be a calm and collected place.
When Heather had messaged him, he was camped out in an empty spot near the beach, strumming away at his guitar. The invited was unexpected, he didn’t even know about this wine event. Was it for charity or something? He had no clue. That would explain why the usually bustling town was barren from people. He had been enjoying the peace though. That brought him to his next thing, why was this uppity rich girl messaging him? He’d enjoyed their little chatting while they were high a few weeks ago, but admittedly she had slipped his mind. She was hot as hell though.
The demand for him to go with her to the wine thing though, threw him off guard. He didn’t exactly have nice outfits to wear, and the one button up he did own had penises on it (long story, it was for a friends bachelor party), and that wasn’t exactly formal attire. He’d never really needed nice clothes before, so he’d never owned any since being on the road. But her offer to buy him something brought a smile to his face. Hell yeah, free clothes. He would be the hottest date she would ever take anywhere.
After he put his guitar away, and changed into his khaki shorts and button up, he hopped into the drivers seat of his van and drove to the event. It wasn’t exactly hard to find, with the hundreds of signs pointing him in the right direction. But the expensive cars that could probably buy him a proper house gave him a real idea of what this whole wine thing was about. Timidly, he hopped out of the van and shoved his hands into his pockets as he made his way up to the table where the old ladies were passing out wrist bands. They looked him up and down, gave each other a “is he for real?” Type of look, and hesitantly put a wrist band around his arm, “she said to message her when you get to the bathrooms…”
If Hunter didn’t feel out of place when he pulled up, he definitely did now. With a small frown, he wandered into the music and looked around for the brunette girl. Of course he didn’t see her as he made his way toward the bathroom signs, pausing to lean against the wall while he found her contact in his phone, “I’m here. What now?” He sent, slipping his phone back into his pocket. With his tattoos and overall look, it seemed like the rich uppities were even afraid to come near him.

Mentions: Heather - PenguinFox PenguinFox

Micah Cooper
0019C0EC-63F5-4958-BA92-AFF7746B0477.jpeg
Micah smiled at Cole’s request to play Hannah Montana on their way to the city. Now, that wasn’t his choice of music but at this point he would do anything to get a smile from Cole, “yeah you can be in charge of aux… or radio transmitter. My car isn’t that high tech.” He said with a laugh as he drove through town and out onto the highway. Admittedly, the music made him want to tear his ears off but Cole seemed to be enjoying himself, so Micah tapped his fingers On the steering wheel along to the beat of the music.
Luckily the drive wasn’t too long, so when they reached the city he felt his shoulders relax some. He was always nervous before shows, but there was an aura about Cole that gave him a bit more confidence about heading to the club. “I don’t go on until the third set, so if you want we have time for drinks if you’d like, or if you don’t drink that’s cool. Usually a beer get’s be loose enough to not fuck up though.” He explained, as he parked the car. He wouldn’t drink enough to get drunk, but a beer would make him feel better about his jokes. It seemed to work for him though, because the people who went to the shows seemed to like him a lot. He’d even garnered a few fan on social media. Though he would never brag.
”Come on, let’s go find you a good seat.” He told Cole as he climbed out of the car and headed toward the club. Inside seemed to be bustling already as people got their drinks and seats in preparation for the first set. He said hi to a few of his friends, and introduced Cole to them, before he ordered himself a beer and whatever Cole wanted. Eventually the pair found a two seater table with a perfect view of the stage and Micah moved the chair so that he could see the stage better, but also just have an excuse to be next to Cole, “this is Adam coming up first here, he’s pretty mid jokes wise but he’s got charisma so people mostly enjoy his shows.” He explained to Cole as he took a sip from his beer and relaxed back in the chair.

Mentions: Cole - fieldofclover fieldofclover

at a comedy show...

and
Cole felt like he was out of his element. He had never been to anything like this before, and it honestly shook his confidence a little bit. Cole had no idea what he had been expecting when he walked into the place, but this wasn't it. Maybe he was getting it confused with a circus? He didn't see any clowns around, which burst his bubble even more. Yeah, he had totally gotten this confused with going to the circus. Curse this tiny brain of his for being so dumb. Cole often didn't care about the easily made mistakes his brain made, but this one had gotten under his skin, even just for a split second. He felt like such an idiot around Micah. Micah was so smart, and funny, and soft...everything that Cole wasn't. He wanted to impress him, but he had no idea how to. All it did was just make him feel even worse about his shortcomings. Cole was dumb, and everyone laughed at him, and he often played a little too rough. He was nothing like Micah. He would never be like him, even in the slightest. How sad was that?

A drink would definitely help him stop thinking about himself. If he drank enough, eventually he'd stop thinking at all and start doing. But then again, he might accidentally confess his feelings, and that wouldn't be good. So maybe it was best if he stuck to just one beer. Cole followed Micah further into the building, awkwardly standing around as he introduced him to some of his comedy friends. Of course, he was an extrovert, but this was unfamiliar territory to him. He felt like he was five years old again, starting kindergarten. He knew nobody, and he felt two feet small. Would everyone judge him for being dumb? But the sight of Micah standing next to him made him feel a little better. Surely no one here would know about his illiteracy, right? Oh God, what if Micah told a joke about his inability to read? Surely he wouldn't, right? Maybe it wasn't the best idea coming here. That beer needed to come a little faster.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity of waiting for his Miller Lite, the bartender set it down in front of him. Cole quickly raised the bottle to his lips, downing the first few sips. And then Micah led him to a table for two, where they sat facing the stage. "I bet he won't be as funny as you are." He clinked his bottle against Micah's, sinking back into his chair. Nobody could ever compare to Micah, not even on the comedic front. This Adam guy was lucky he was going on before Micah, because he was going to kill his set. Cole was confident in that belief. Even if his world was going to fall apart at any minute, he knew that Micah would be there to make everything better. He always did, and he always would be there.

Starstruck

♡coded by uxie♡

Mason wiped the sweat off of his forehead with the back of his hand. He took a deep breath as he collected himself from the moment the two shared. He could tell Luna was embarrassed by how fast she threw her clothes back on and he barely had time to pull on his pants. He had to scramble to button them back up as Luna quickly rushed out of the dressing room. He followed closely behind, taking out his card a sliding it over to the cashier. He paid no attention to the looks that she was giving the both of them. He didn’t care. He bought the place out for a reason.
With the outfit neatly folded and placed into one of the boutique’s branded bags, Luna grabbed Mason’s arm and gave him a look - the look. Mason had to stifle a laugh by biting the inside of his cheek while Luna quickly led him away from the cashier and out of the store. It wasn’t even two seconds before Luna turned to him.

“She knew what we did.” This time Mason did chuckle.

“I don’t mind that.” He told her, opening the door for her and then jogging over to his side to get in. With them both situated in their seats, Mason went to put the car in drive and drove off.

“Do you want to come help me get ready?” He was stopped at a stop light when she asked her question. Mason mulled it over for a bit, biting the inside of his cheek, the same spot from earlier.

“I would love too.” One of his hands left the steering wheel and found Luna’s hand. He held it for the rest of the way home.

——
The drive was mundane, he’d driven it a million times before but never with Luna. Luna made it exciting again as he watched her head move side to side, taking in the new scenery. He kept sneaking glances over at her sitting in his passenger seat. It wasn’t long until they made their way back to Mason’s. He knew she had a little bit of makeup lying around somewhere in his apartment and he also knew that it wouldn’t take long for them to both get ready. Luna didn’t wear a lot of makeup anyways, she really didn’t need it, she’d always been naturally gifted with beauty.

When they arrived back at his apartment, he grabbed her bag and opened every door for her. He immediately went into his bedroom and placed her bag on his bed and fluffed up the tissue paper so it wouldn’t look crumpled. He just wanted it to look nice her, even if she was going to crumple the tissue paper herself. Then, he went into the kitchen to grab her a glass of wine, red - just how she liked it and brought the glass over to her.

emo

Mason

♡coded by uxie♡

It honestly felt like forever until she got a response from him. There she went again, couldn’t keep her mouth shut. She’d gone and screwed up the date before he had even really began. He wasn’t looking at her? Wow she really messed up big time. Even though it felt good to finally get everything off her chest, she didn’t know if she would’ve if this was going to be the reaction. She really should’ve just kept her mouth shut.

The usually scenery of Rosemary beach became less dense as it shifted from large houses and palm trees to large expanses of fields. She kept her eyes looking out of the window while her cheeks warmed. She reached up to tuck a loose strand of her chocolate brown hair behind her ear as they finally pulled into the vineyard. She wiped her sweaty hands on the front of her dress just as Isaiah put the car in park. She went to turn and finally look at him but he had already taken her hands in his. Her eyes widen slightly from the sudden interaction of his skin on hers but it didn’t take long for her to melt into the feeling.

“I'm sorry. I truly am - I was scared, and a little bit selfish to think that you'd still be there after I ran like a child. You had every right to be mad at me. I totally get it. If I could take all this pain back, I would in a heartbeat. But what's done is done. All we can do now is hope to move forward and move on." Summer could almost feel small tears prick the sides of her eyes at his confession. She’d been waiting so long for this apology and it felt like a ton of bricks had been lifted off her chest when she heard the words, I’m sorry. It had always been really hard to stay mad at Isaiah’s lovable face but this time around she truly was hurt. As much as she didn’t want to just accept his apology and move on, she could help it. She’d wanted Isaiah to feel the same way ever since they were small kiddos and now that he did she didn’t want to mess up anything but holding unnecessary grudges.

Summer closed her eyes tightly when he moved to place a kiss on her cheek and push the same strand from early back into place.

“As much as I'd like to sit here and kiss you, I think we have to get out and experience life." Her cheeks warmed, as the butterflies swarmed inside of her stomach. She nodded.

“It’s okay, I accept you apology. I really appreciate you saying sorry…” she trailed off, “It means a lot.”

She waited patiently while Isaiah took the key out and jogged over to her side of the SUV. This wasn’t anything new, he had always opened the door for her. But, Him holding out his hand? That was the new part. She swallows thickly, his hand was really warm as she took it in hers.

“Now, mon chérie, I'll let you take the lead here. What do you want to do right now? Drink some rosé? Nibble on some fancy cheese? You name it, we'll do it." Summer smiled. Immediately her stomach grumbled at the mention of cheese.

“I would love something to eat,” she smoothed down her dress.

“I know you don’t like cheese but maybe they have something else here?” She gestured to the vineyard. There were various vendors and booths set up. She was sure that there would be something for the both of them.

“But, I would really like glass of Rosé, please.” She slipped her arm around his, taking her first step into the festival.

Dreamer

Summer

♡coded by uxie♡

Danielle Moulin
1681077974013.png

Danielle couldn't help but gaze around the crowd as they sipped their drinks and talked. She knew Alexei would be there and she knew seeing him would cause a whole new wave of pain to hit her. Maybe she was being harsh? Maybe she should suck it up and give into the simple girl lifestyle. A trophy husband and kids running around. A gorgeous house and white picket fences. Danielle shook her head softly, erasing those intrusive thoughts like an etch a sketch and focused on the man standing next to her. At the end of the day she had to do what made her happy. If that wasn't the purpose of living she didn't know what was. If she couldn't make herself happy then the least she could do was bring some joy to the upset man she had made acquaintance with. As hard as she tried not to she couldnt help but turn her head and look when she heard the familiar booming sound of Alexei's voice. There he was with a smile on his face and a glimmer in his eyes. Dani couldn't help but watch for a moment as he made his way to another girl. Her heart dropped and she turned away her eyes met Quentins and she hoped that she hid the pain well enough that he wouldn't notice her heart breaking.

"Well maybe we should have a barbeque one of these days and catch a game together." She spoke just loud enough for Quentin to hear her and started to slowly usher them away from where her ex stood. "I think it would be great fun to just have a little backyard event that I don't have to DJ for." Danielle was going through the motions. Her mind was clouded and her attention was split no matter how hard she tried to focus on Quentin. She downed her drink and grabbed another one. If anything alcohol would help numb the pain and make her forget her seeing her ex boyfriend moving on quicker than she thought he would. Danielle nodded at his question, "Sort of. I'm a DJ but I do some of my own work on the side as well. It pays the bills, that's for sure. You should come along one of these days. It's pretty fun." Talking about her work always distracted her. It seemed to always come as a surprise to people when she told them about what she did. She wasn't really the typical DJ as her style was a lot more laid back and calm. Nothing crazy going on with her aesthetic although she did occasionally dress up for certain events. "I'm actually DJing at this burning woman festival coming up pretty soon. I can get you in for free if you help me carry a bag or something. I'll just tell them you're my assistant or something."

It didn't take long for Danielle to down another drink. Talking about her work wasn't giving the same affect. She wasn't slipping away from the pain that circulated throughout her body. As Quentin talked she grabbed herself another drink, listening as she slowed down and sipped at her third glass of wine. It honestly didn't surprise her much that he played football in his college days. She could only picture how devastating the injury must have been for him. Not as devastating as what he was going through now, though. Danielle's heart ached for how much he had gone through so far in his life. Hopefully things would turn around for him soon. "Well. I don't like to do the partying but I do tend to go to a lot of them. Occupational hazard I suppose. honestly it just reminds me that I don't really want to party. I don't usually drink this much either but... You know. Circumstances." Danielle smiled softly and took a sip of her drink while stealing another glance in the direction of Alexei. Seeing him talk to a bubbly girl who was the exact opposite of Dani send a whole new wave of pain throughout her. Truly she could understand the pain that Quentin was going through. Even though she made this decision she couldn't help but feel the pain of the loss. "It's okay. Misery likes company so... I suppose it just makes sense that our broken selves found each other."

Mentions: fieldofclover fieldofclover

• outfit:

xxx

mood:

excited

at the gym

scenario:

puncy time

theme song:

tags:

Theodore Woods

Theo smiled at Rami's greeting but flinched back as he touched him. He remembers that he didn't really tell him about his condition so he didn't know not to touch him without warning him. He signed as he smiled. He could hide it for a moment couldn't he? He finally had someone who didn't know about him being the freak from school, or the dumbass who couldn't deal with loud noises and were obsessive with his computer, Issac. How he wished that he could be different, someone that could understand social cues, that could understand sarcastic, and who didn't get confused when someone was trying to fuck him in the twitter. He hated being Theo, and he just wanted for a moment to not be. So he just grit and pretended that everything was fine. "You did? Is this a try out with you then?" He asked as he wraps his hands.

"I need to know so I can know if I need to hold back or not." He tells him as he glanced up at him smiling softly. Theo only loved one thing more then computers, he loved mixed martial arts, he loved the fighting, the attack, everything about it. He can't help but love it. It was the first thing that made sense to him. When he was younger, all that frustration, and anger about not understanding the world around him, used to get him in trouble quite a bit. Like a lot, to the point where people were scared of him. When his sister finally got him into a proper therapist, they suggested getting into boxing or a thing like that, to help him calm down. It worked, the moment he started training. It was like a weight was off of him, he had never felt more alive than he did when he was training or in a match.

"I am always on my top game? I don't know how not to be." He said as he leads them into a room that was requested by him. It had water and snacks already in there, due to Theo having stop by the store to get some, before heading to the gym. "I didn't know what you liked so I got a bit of everything. Do not touch the blue Gatorade. It's the only one I like. " He said as he gets his gloves out and on his hands. "My sister said that eating and drinking between fighting is important. So I got us snacks. Lulu is normally never wrong." He said as he shrugs looking at Rami and stretching.

"I know I fucked up my sister's life. I'm trying to fix it. "

♡design by urzula, coded by uxie♡

• it was their first date...

and
    Isaiah wanted everything to be perfect. After all, he was on a date with the most perfect girl in the universe. But he was awkward - why did he always have to feel this way? He had never felt this way when they had been just friends. Why had things changed so rapidly? Isaiah had known Summer for years now - he shouldn't be feeling this way. Unfortunately, he didn't know how to stop acting like this. He had to impress her, no matter what. If he slipped up, even just a little bit, then she might not be interested in him anymore. And if that happened, he didn't think that he'd ever be able to recover. Hopefully, though, that wouldn't be the case. Things seemed to be going alright for once. Isaiah was going to make sure that it continued to happen. Summer deserved to have the best time on their first date. He would bend over backwards to ensure that she did. That was one thing that hadn't changed from before they were romantically involved. And it would never change no matter what.

A wave of relief washed over him as Summer began to speak. She had accepted his apology for being such a crappy person before. "Thank you for accepting it. I promise you that I'll never treat you like that ever again." And Isaiah meant every single word. He wasn't going to play any more mind games with her. He wasn't going to run away from her, even if it was all he wanted to do sometimes. She didn't deserve to have her heart dragged around like that. Isaiah had done a terrible thing that night on the beach. If he hadn't run away, Daniel wouldn't have swooped in and nearly took Summer away from him. He could have really lost her for good. And if that would have happened, he would have never forgiven himself. But the universe must have had another plan in mind for him. Maybe it was looking out for him. Isaiah silently thanked whoever was in control of the universe as he went around the SUV to help Summer out. This was only possible because of the universe finally making things fall into place.

"Fancy cheese and a glass of rosé for my rose, coming right up." Isaiah linked his arm in hers as they began to walk through the festival. As soon as he saw a booth with samples of cheese, he grabbed a napkin and a sample size of brie. "I'll get you some rosé. Stay here." He briefly left her alone to track down the wine, coming back not long after with her rosé. Isaiah wasn't planning on drinking - he was the designated driver, after all, and besides, wine wasn't his thing. Summer could drink all she wanted. He didn't mind taking care of her if she got blackout drunk. It wouldn't be the first time he had held her hair back while she spewed into the toilet. "Here you go. The perfect wine to pair with the perfect cheese for the perfect girl."

Life Itself

♡coded by uxie♡

As soon as the words left her lips she regretted it. What was she thinking? Dares were so Juvenal- so highschool. They weren’t in high school anymore. No, this was the real world and she was at a real bar with alcohol and tons of sweaty bodies. She looked down at her clutch, which had her phone in it. She could call Everett but, would he even pick up? Probably not - that was just wishful thinking on her part. No, he was probably too busy with some other chick for the night, not even thinking about Monroe at all. Yet here she was, pining over somebody who wanted nothing to do with her. Monroe physically shook all the bad thoughts away. No, tonight is about having fun. No Everett anymore. She slid her clutch further away from her, physically putting distance between her and the need to text him.

“Why do you get to go first? I'm the guest, remember?" Panic rose up in chest but quickly subsided when she saw the heavy grin that pulled at the corners of Alexa’s perfectly pink lips.

"I'm just kidding. Hmm, let me think..." She was beginning to regret this. Did she really have the courage to do these dares? Alexa seemed very comfortable, more comfortable than Monroe ever was. There was no telling what the girl was about to cook up.

“You see that total hottie over there? Go dance with him. And I'm not talking about any innocent dancing, either. Go grind up on him. That is, if you're not chicken." Monroe’s eyes widened. She swallowed thickly as her eyes wandered to the man Alexa was pointing out. He wasn’t exactly Monroe’s type but, he wasn’t ugly either. Her eyes wandered from the man to the double shot glass in front of her. Just the thought of putting the glass to her lips made her stomach flip. She was already smashed. She wasn’t trying to get white girl wasted in front of her new friend. There was no telling what she would do, cry about Everett? Probably but she didn’t want her first impression to be her crying over some dude who clearly didn’t want her.

She took a deep breath, smoothing down her hair and took a step. And then another, and another until she wasn’t standing next to Alex anymore. Now she was standing in front of the mysterious man.

“Hey..” she trailed off to clear her throat, “Do you wanna dance?”

Alexa has left the scene.

Writer

Monroe

♡coded by uxie♡

• outfit:

xxx

mood:

happy

at the secret spot

scenario:

datey date

theme song:

tags:

Carlise Kingston

Carlise just shook her head. "Why are you apologising Eve? I was a young girl who knew early on that she liked girls more than boys." She said with a smirk. "I didn't know how much until I grew older and found out truly what it means to like someone. You were lucky, you didn't figure your sexuality out as a teenager, so much hormones and so much anger...it wasn't the greatest time." She said with a shrug. Yea, she might have been accepted by her family and people at school were too scared of her and her brother who actively defended her to say anything. But that didn't stop her from getting the homophobe looks from old farts and the older rich people in this town. The whispers behind her back increased and it was hard to deal with growing up. Then her dad died, and everything just spiraled. "You became your true self out of this small beach town. I think that was the bravest thing that I have seen." She whispers as she glances up at the sky.

She chuckles and shook her head "No no, Ms. Everest. You are from the beach ma'am, it's not right that you don't know how to surf in your own waters." She said teasing " Plus I'll catch you if you fall. I promise baby girl. " She said softly. She knew that Everest wasn't the type of girl who did the sun and the surfing. She was more of the stay-at-home and read a book, which she kinda loved about her. She looked at the situation and could calmly figure shit out, not like her, who just attacked first and did not think of the consequences until after. "I know it's not your thing, but...I just want to show you the fun side of the beach, kinda remind you why it's home?" She said softly as she looked down at the sand. Carlise had one fear of dating Everest.

That she would leave. That she would leave Carlise here alone, and that scared the shit out of her. So she's trying to remind her of all the things that she might find here to enjoy.

At the mention of the deal, she looked at Everest who was looking at her with hope. Hope that she wanted to see the place she had called home for the past couple of years. "Deal." She breathed out as she smiled at her. "I would love to see the place you have called home. Meet all of your friends, I gotta get their permission to ask you to be my girlfriend after all." She said softly not realizing what she said as she went on. "I mean get their approval? I don't know, I still have to figure out how to get on your sister's good side cause I'm pretty sure she fucking hates my guts, and I don't blame her. " She said shrugging

"But anyway, I would love to come to Settle with you. Do you think we could go to the aquarium over there? I love sea animals and fish. I heard they have of the biggest ones in the US."

"I can't get you out of my head and I don't think I want to."

Micah Cooper
D5B161F4-B6B9-471D-93E4-216D2211D841.jpeg

Micah was enjoying his time with Cole. The two sets before him were funny, but when it eventually came around for Micah’s turn to go on stage, he felt his nerves spike. He was used to the regular crowed in the bar, but the main difference now was that Cole was there to watch him. ”Okay, I’ll be right back.” He said to Cole before he downed the rest of his beer, gave a nervous smile, and made his way up to the stage. The people clapped and whooped for Micah and Micah always appreciated how much the regulars enjoyed his jokes. The thirty minutes of his stage time seemed to go by fast with him interacting with the crowed, picking on the hecklers, and making everyone laugh.
Soon enough, he was sitting back down next to Cole with two more beers, a large smile on his face. “So did you like the set?” He asked, though he knew Cole enjoyed it because Micah’s eyes hardly left Cole. He now sat here, turning around in his head what Isa had told him earlier. She said Cole did like him, and the idea of that made his heart fall into his stomach. He’d liked Cole for a while now, basically ever since he’d started tutoring Cole. Micah’s a sucker for a pretty face, but then he got to know Cole and now there was just more than thinking he was handsome.
So, Micah downed some of his beer, turned to Cole and gently took the mans hand, “I don’t know if I’m telling you this because I have adrenaline running through me, or a couple beers, but I don’t want us to ruin this friendship, so like, if you don’t agree with me then cool we can just be friends. But, I really like you and I’ve had these feelings towards you for a while now.“ He told the man with a pause, “it’s cool if you don’t truly feel the same way, but I was asking Isa earlier and she said you do, so I’m just gonna risk it.” He finished before leaning in to press his lips to Coles. But he kept the kiss short for fear Cole didn’t feel the same way back.

Luna Bowings
9F8B43BA-9790-42B9-8405-D53AD814685F.jpeg

Luna enjoyed the car ride a lot. The last time she had been in a vehicle for more than five minutes was when she was on a bus that drove her across the country back when she ran away from home. At that point, she didn‘t have time to enjoy the scenery. She’d spent most of the trip holding back tears and sleeping. Back then she had been exhausted and scared. But now she was comfortable and relaxed. Especially when Mason took her hand in his. Back then she had been scared of everything, with diving head first into a world she knew nothing about. Now, all she had to be scared of was losing the man who had a hold on her heart.
When they arrived to the apartment, Luna let him bustle about for a moment to keep out of his way before making her way to his bathroom to look for the makeup she had forgotten. The lipstick she could put on easily but the thought of putting on the mascara made her nervous. She’d never put it on before, and she wasn’t sure if she could look at herself in a mirror long enough to put it on. Grabbing both tubes, she sat on his bed and set them aside. She would think of that before they had to leave. All she had to do for now was get dressed and brush her hair, since it was a little messy from their actions in the dressing room.
While he grabbed the wine, Luna pulled the paper out of the bag and laid it aside before pulling the outfit out. She truly did like it, but she liked it more knowing it was Mason’s favourite at the store. So, she stood and pulled her current clothes off to change into the new ones. She had just gotten the pants zipped when Mason wandered in with the glasses, “thank you.” She said with a small smile and took the glass from him. Maybe the wine would ease her nerves enough to put on the makeup, she didn’t know. But, she promptly took a sip.

After a few more sips, Luna set the glass down on his dresser and grabbed her brush from her purse to quickly comb her hair out. There were a few knots, but it eventually went back to its stick straight nature. Now it was time for the dreaded makeup. Quickly, she finished off the glass then went back to grab the makeup off his bed and walked into his bathroom to stand in front of the sink. Her eyes were cast down to avoid the mirror as her fingers fiddled with the lipstick tube. The wine certainly didn’t help.

Mentions: Mason - vixe vixe

at a comedy show...

and
Cole was having a good time. The first two acts had come and gone, and now it was Micah's turn to get up and tell jokes. He knew that Micah would blow it out of the water - the jokes that he would tell him were really funny. They made him go hee hee and ha ha, without fail. And it was hard to make Cole laugh. Sometimes he'd be confused by whatever someone was trying to tell him, but never with Micah. Micah could brighten Cole's day without even trying. His jokes were easy to understand, and Cole liked that. Sometimes simplicity was best. Micah's set was hilarious - Cole nearly died of laughter at every last one of his jokes. He almost had a pee pee accident at the joke that got the biggest laughs, but luckily for everyone in a five foot radius, he did not. That would have been bad.

The set felt like it flew by, because before he knew it, Micah was off of the stage and back sitting down next to him. "So, did you like the set?" Cole gave an enthusiastic nod in response. "You're, like, the funniest person I know. You should totally be on TV...what if you were on Bluey?" His eyes lit up with excitement at the thought. Now, everyone who knew Cole knew that Cole's favorite show in the entire world was the children's program Bluey. It made him roll on the floor with laughter sometimes, even if he had seen the episode a million times before. If Micah happened to get a guest role on the show, then Cole would never be the same. It was totally unrealistic of Cole to think that, and everyone around him knew that except him.

But all thoughts of his favorite show went out the window when Micah began to confess his true feelings towards him. God, Cole hoped that it wasn't a joke this time. He was very confused at the thought of his own mother telling Micah that he liked him - how did she know if Cole hadn't even told her? - but that didn't matter. What really mattered was that Micah felt the same way that he did. It was like fireworks had begun exploding within when Micah leaned in to kiss him. It was far too short for his liking, though. But what Cole really wanted to know was if this was really real. "So you like like me? You're not just joking like you were on stage?"

Starstruck

♡coded by uxie♡

MOOD: Like he'd let his face betray any emotion

OUTFIT: Black tshirt, black cargo pants, black combat boots

basics
MENTIONS:
r e i r e i

INT:
travelbypages travelbypages

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR Cyrus is a stoic kinda dude
tl;dr
Cyrus
I used to have a soul until I threw it away

It was another slow day. The stupid town had another stupid event going on that everyone and their grandma was at, leaving Cyrus's business deserted. On top of that he just lost one of his best employees for his other business. Isa had suddenly decided that she was too good for that line of work and up and quit. Cyrus was barely able to keep her around for the business aspect of things. He nearly had to beg which seriously infuriated him. He was not a beggar but he knew what his other options were and he didn't like those even more. As much as he hated to admit it, he'd grown a soft spot for the girl he practically adopted. She was like a little sister to him at this point. A dangerous feeling to have in their line of work. So he cut a deal with her that basically gave her a promotion.

The other thing that kept Cyrus from going off the rails like he normally would have was a message from a newbie in town. Some chick was apparently a tattoo artist back where she came from and was sniffing around for a job at his door. Cyrus had looked over her work on her social media and offered her a job. She had a different style to him and his other legitimate employees and he felt that variety would only serve to help his business. Not everyone wanted the edgy gothic look of his work. Originally he was going to have her start tomorrow but she changed her mind and asked to start today so Cyrus sat around waiting for her, feet up on the front desk.

He had actually dozed off for a minute and was woken up by the bell of the front door. He stretched his arms out lazily but kept his feet on the counter, black combat boots slightly scuffing the surface. It was his place and he could do whatever the fuck he wanted. His eyebrow arched skeptically as he studied the girl that walked in. He made no attempt whatsoever to be subtle about it either, he wanted her to know that he was examining her, sizing her up.

Cyrus, over the years, had become quite good at reading people based on first impressions. He had to in his less than reputable line of work. This woman didn't seem like a threat to him or his business. At the very least he was confident she wasn't an undercover cop. Speaking of which, he had to remember to give his inside man a call sometime soon.

Cyrus sat completely unmoving as the girl, who introduced herself formally as Sienna, walked up and placed her resume on the counter by his feet. His expression remained blank as he returned the pleasantries. "Cyrus. Cyrus Murphy. But I'm sure you know how to read." His tone was flat, his voice deep with the slightest bit of husk to it. Finally, he slowly put his feet down and reached for the resume. He carefully thumbed through the papers, eyes moving quickly over the words. From the outside looking in, it probably looked like he didn't really care about anything. Truth be told Cyrus had become quite jaded and generally held a blasé demeanor.

"Room four. Feel free to decorate but nothing too frilly or girly or shit like that. No rainbows or nothin' of the sort." His tone remained flat and commanding, not once looking up from the papers in his hand until Sienna asked about if the work on the walls was his. He didn't speak for a moment or two, just stared at her, face betraying nothing. "Yeah. Mostly." he finally said. "The stuff becomes more the other artists here the closer it is to their room. Most everything out here in the main foyer is mine though."

Suddenly he stood up, his movements were fluid like a predator. "I'll show you to the room." He motioned with his hand for her to follow him and began walking towards the hallway that led further into the building. On either side of the hallway there were two sets of doors and one set of curtains at the back. "Yours is the one with the curtains on the left. I couldn't afford another set of doors so you'll have to deal with a curtain." he looked at her and blinked twice before continuing. "That was a joke. I liked the vibes of having curtains for the back two better. My room is right across the hall behind the other set of curtains. I'll always either be there or up front at the desk. Try not to disturb me if I'm with a customer." Cyrus almost seemed bored as he explained everything. "Any questions?" he had some of his own, like why she wanted to start so soon, but figured it was polite to allow her to ask anything first. Despite Sienna being in his territory, Cyrus was nothing if not a gentleman.

• outfit:

xxx

mood:

calm but a little bit nervous

at lavender's home

scenario:

home

tags:

Wendall Young

Wendall took a moment to respond. He wanted to make sure his words were clear. "People who chose to leave the people who love them, do not deserve to be thought of. Or to be even considered family." He said softly as he thinks about his birth father. The fact that he left his son behind, a child that was innocent in this. Without thought, or consideration. He didn't deserve to be called a father. A father doesn't leave his child, just because his family doesn't support him or because it doesn't fit with the life he wanted. Wendall was innocent and deserved to know his father. His sisters don't even know that he exists. A whole other family that he can see but never talk to. And he nods along to the next response from Papa.

"I will always be someone they can trust and lean on." He looks at Lavender. He knows that there are things in her past that she hadn't told him. He wasn't stupid, he knew that there was skeletons in her past, that she tries to keep hidden. Wendall hoped by her letting him meet someone so important to her, that she was learning to trust him a bit more. "I am always going to willingly to share the burden or the weight of whatever that they feel is too heavy to carry on their own. I want to be there for them, I want to be that person to them. " He takes in a deep breath and turns to Papa with his final words on the subject. "I want to be their family. Their person because isn't it what you do for the people you love?" He told him softly as he shrugs.

He wiped his eyes as he hears Lavender talk to him. To be honest, his stepdad always said that to cry is to show weakness. Men don't cry, they don't break down. They are supposed to be strong and unbreakable. Wendall has been yelled at so many times for showing weakness that he just started to apologize for showing that weakness. Those tears. That he was stunned when she told him it was ok to cry. He felt her wipe the tear off his cheek. He cupped her hand on his face as he feels comfort from the girl that he was undeniably in love with. He was listening to the words she was saying. It was like this man before Wendall, was much more than just a friend. He was someone to Lavender. Someone important. "Ok, I'll try to let him in..for you." He whispers just for her to hear as she moves to leave. He watched as she leaves the room, taking a bit of his heart with her. He turned back to Papa as he sat back down.

"Is it that obvious that I love her?" He said smiling at Papa. Wendall had long dealt with the fact Lavender could ask anything of him, and he would try his best to complete it for her. "She's...so fucking amazing. She's smart. She's kind. She's...just...I can't even begin to describe her that won't end with me just completely falling for her again." He tells him as he runs his fingers through her hair. Wendall glanced at the place she had walked through to leave. She wanted so much for him, and he didn't know how to show her that he wanted the same thing that she did, he did know that a step would be to let Papa in. He was important to her, and if he approved of Wendall, it would make her happy.

"What do you want to know?" He said turning back to Papa, ready to let this strange man in.

"I think I'm falling in love with you.."

There’s one thing you’ll find out about Rowan if you actually take the time to get to know him and it’s that he rarely ever gets nervous. There weren’t many things that Rowan actually cared about enough to make him feel anxious but Charlie? Charlie definitely did. It wasn’t very noticeable but, if you paid very close attention you could hear the slight tremor in his voice and and see the shake in his hands whenever he interacted with her.

It had been a long time since they had hung out in person. He could vaguely remember the smell of her perfume from that night but almost everything else was a blur for him. But what he could remember was the aftermath- the texts. They kissed? And he couldn’t remember a single damn second of it, just the faint smell of sweat mixed with her perfume.

He didn’t know how he was going to just stay friends with Charlie after that but he didn’t want to lose her, he couldn’t. He needed her. Craved her, craved her bright blonde hair and delicate hands- the way she always called him out on his bullshit because it seemed like nobody else would. Even so, Charlie still made him nervous, which was probably why he had woken up 2 hours before his alarm. The nerves made it impossible for him to sleep. So, he got up and he showered and shaved. Even though this wasn’t a date he still wanted to look nice, for Charlie.

It didn’t take long for him to get ready, he planned it out perfectly, his outfit. He hoped it wasn’t too much? But then again he loved looking nice and getting dressed up so this wasn’t an unusual outfit for him.Still, he couldn’t help but feel a little uncertain. Maybe this was a bad idea? Doubt was starting to creep into the back of his mind. She hadn’t texted him in a while. Maybe he could just get away with skipping the day altogether. Just the thought of disappointing Charlie, again made him sick to his stomach. No, he couldn’t do that to her. She asked him to come so he was going to go, even if they were in this weird sort of limbo.
—-

Rowan gripped the steering wheel so hard he felt like he was going to rip the steering wheel right off. He was so nervous, this was very much unlike him. He had to force himself out of the car and on to the green grass of the Vineyard. There were crowds of people milling about, eating delicious foods - foods that made Rowan’s stomach churn. He scanned the massive crowds, searching for the tiny little blonde. With no luck in finding her, he pulled his phone out and sent her a quick text.

did you still want to go to the festival?

Wow, what a stupid text Rowan. It’d be really stupid if she said no and you were already here. He shook his head and shoved his phone into his pocket. He didn’t even want to know what her response was. Maybe he could just have a good time by himself? Reluctantly he shuffled about, feeling really fucking awkward as he pushed through the half wine drunk festival-goers. He kept an eye out for Charlie as he walked.

He didn’t know how much time had passed before he finally spied the familiar blonde. His heart thumped in his chest, her smile made the butterflies in his stomach flutter violently. God she was beautiful, the most beautiful girl in the entire world. He had been so excited to see her that he didn’t even notice the red head standing beside her- the one who was the reason for the beautiful smile on Charlie’s face. The very sight of Charlie was enough to put a little pep in his step, and a small smile on his lips.

“Hey-“he went to lift his hand in greeting, but stopped short when he saw the smile on her lips fade. His heart sank into his stomach. He should’ve known she wouldn’t have been excited to see him. He was kidding himself, if he thought that. Suddenly, his view of Charlie was blocked altogether. Confusion and frustration flashed across his feature, furrowing his eyebrows together. Who the fuck did that guy think he was?

Finally, he was close enough to hear their conversation.

“Trouble?” The question has Rowan rolling his eyes. If he hadn’t promised Charlie that he would be good today he would’ve already pushed this guy away from her.

“Hey, Charlie.” He said, as he stood behind the red head.

“Who is this? I thought it was just going to be me and you today?” He crossed his arms across his chest, his lips set in a tight line. Had he read the messages wrong?

Sad boy

Rowan

♡coded by uxie♡

• outfit:

xxx

mood:

healing

at haiden's apartment

scenario:

stupid tea

Samantha Woods

Sam signed and tried to take another bite. She pushed down her doubt about the idea of food and started eating. She got to about a quarter to a full half before she gave up. "There...it's mostly half?" She mumbles as she put it down on the table. The world faded away as she got lost in her thoughts. She needed to now think about getting a different apartment and trying to find her life from being destroyed by a gossip rag. She sighed. Her parents weren't going to come around that's for sure. They were just going to try to get her to marry a man, and be a pawn in their scheme in life. Sam didn't want that. She never did, and now she has a chance to rebuild her life, the way that she wanted to....with the people she wanted around her. She shook herself out of her mind as she noticed that the food was gone and Haiden was coming back from Colette's room. Talking about the fact that she said what she said about them.

"Yea, that's what I want." Sam told her softly as she moves her body to face her. She took her hand from holding it. "Hai, if that's what you want, then I'm fine with that. I just want to be with you." She moves closer to her, Moving her hair out of her face.

"The best I've had was a mini-fair date, and being kidnapped. Do you think I deserve more? When all I want is right in front of me? Baby, you are my more. " She said softly to her as she kisses her softly. Before pulling away, and smiling "I like the sound of us."

"I don't have the strength to be strong anymore. Can I lean on you for a moment?"

Ah, there it was. The one question she wanted to avoid at all costs. She really didn’t feel like telling him the real reason why she was here. He would just pity her, and she didn’t want that. She didn’t need it. She’d been so wrapped up in worrying about the question that she didn’t even hear the compliment he slipped in. With the booze and sinking feeling in her stomach, she sat back in her seat a little bit while leaving her elbows on the bar-top. She fiddled with the straw in her drink, swishing the brown liquid around. He was talking so fast she barely had time to respond before he was jumping to his next thought.

“Also, sorry if this is too bold, but you're super gorgeous. Is there any guy out there that I should be worrying about?" Ava had to chug the rest of her drink for that question. The cheeky grin on his face made her heart beat faster and her cheeks heat up, once again. Or maybe it was just the rum? No, it was definitely the way his smile brightened his whole face. Ava slid the empty glass to the edge of the bar. As Daniel ordered her second beer and Ava ordered another coke and rum, their nachos came out, piled high with all the delicious toppings. Her stomach grumbled at the sight of the string of cheese as Daniel pulled up a chip and brought it to his mouth.

“God, it's so great to unwind with a drink and food. Being in the water all day can get a little tough." She reached over to grab a chip.

“Shit, sorry if I ramble. Sometimes I get to thinking about something and if you ever want me to shut up, tell me." The cheesy chip stopped half way on its journey to her mouth. Her eye brows furrowed together slightly in confusion.

“I think it’s adorable. And no, I don’t have a boyfriend.” The chip resumed its journey. She covered her mouth as she chewed.

“What about you? Any girlfriends? Also, you’re incredibly attractive too, it would make sense if someone had snatched you up already.” She grabbed her drink and sipped on it, washing down the chip. The alcohol began making her feel a bit bubbly. She couldn’t wipe the stupid grin from her face as they chowed down on their massive plate of nachos. She honestly didn’t want this moment to end. It felt so natural sitting her with Daniel. It was almost like they’d known each other for forever.

beach babe

Ava

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

MOOD: Ecstatic

OUTFIT: Slightly less dirty hippy

basics
MENTIONS:

Stella dear.szmm dear.szmm

INT:

Calla travelbypages travelbypages

tags
TL;DR:
tl;dr
Nico Tiwari
Killing someone's vibe should be a fucking crime
Nico was buzzing with so much excitement at the thought of seeing Calla again, he hopped right into the driver's seat of his Volkswagen Bus without even thinking about getting high first.

For the past couple weeks, he couldn't stop thinking about the beautiful blonde he'd met at the carnival. Especially not after the kiss they shared. Not that kissing strangers was unusual for Nico. Kissing, messing around with friends, randos, it never meant much of anything. With Calla though, it was…different.

Really, he was more in shock that she had kissed him. He had her pegged as the good girl type; someone more demure, who wouldn't dream of making the first move, at least not with a guy she'd just met. But he was pleasantly suprised by Calla that night. She might be a bit naughtier than he'd originally thought, and he was the one left speechless on the ferris wheel like some shy virgin.

Before their date could commence, however, Nico was in desperate need of some grooming. His beard had long gone from scruffy to wildly overgrown. After a short drive to Stella's trailer, he slipped inside easily, thanks to the broken lock on the front door. Nico gave himself a good scrub down in the shower, washed and brushed his unruly waves and pulled them back as neat as he could manage. He also took a razor to his whiskers and hacked away until completely clean-shaven. This rarely seen fresh-faced look brought out his warmth in his olive complexion, and gave him the appearance of a boy quite a bit younger than his true age of 24.

Nico made sure to clean up after himself, as he'd learned the hard way that Stella didn't appreciate coming home to a hairy mess all over her bathroom. After another quick drive, he made it to the café Calla suggested they meet at. He jumped out of the Bus and jogged eagerly down the sidewalk, but it didn't take long to spot his date.

Her golden locks glistened in the late afternoon sun, perched serenely at a table on the restaurant's patio, an outdoor seating area enclosed by a small wrought iron fence. Instead of walking around to the entrance, Nico hopped over it effortlessly, heading for the table to join her.

"Heeyyy, Calalallaaa," He sang, plopping down in the seat across from her. "What up?" He asked, cracking a wide grin at the sight of her sunny smile.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Nervous

OUTFIT: Cater Waiter

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Josephine

Sara tamarapasek tamarapasek

tags
TL;DR:
tl;dr
Nick Finnbar
Welcome to your life
There's no turning back
After nearly a full shift of running all over the Food & Wine festival, Nick was exhausted.

Not that he was a stranger to server positions. Out in Hollywood, he'd spent most of his time hustling back and forth between waiter jobs. Sure he went on plenty of auditions, but true and honest acting gigs? Those were few and far between.

He paused to rest his aching feet before grabbing more wine samples to pass out to the affluent crowd mingling around the event. Just in time to spot Sara, a longtime good friend who graciously hooked him up with this swanky gig, as well as some full-time work at Alexei's pub. Nick sidled up to her as she carefully juggled a full tray of drinks. "These drunk ladies are tipping pretty good today," Nick grinned, leaning over to conspiratorially lower his voice. "They'll throw money at you if you'll just go and fetch 'em a full glass of chardonnay."

"Moussier?" Nick frowned at Sara's question, running a hand through his hair. Could he possibly have overdone it with the mousse today and somehow not noticed before leaving the house? He couldn't ruminate on it for long though, as his twin sister soon joined them, snagging the last glass from his tray. "Wow, I can't believe they let you in," He joked, snickering as Daisy delivered a light punch to his arm in retaliation.

"What??" He made a face when Daisy too commented on his hair, quickly turning the empty metal tray over to gauge his reflection. Nick was all too aware of the very fine line between just enough and way too much hair product, and it would be way too late to fix it now. That didn't stop him from fussing and prodding at the light brown strands though, as if it might somehow improve his botched hairstyle in any meaningful way.

"Finn? Nope, haven't seen him here. Is he coming?" He asked Sara, not yet looking up from his makeshift mirror. Though he quickly shot a glare at his twin when she exclaimed her utter disbelief that Sara hadn't slept with the guy yet. "Daisy! Shut up," Nick hissed, offering his friend an apologetic look. He understood better than anyone how it felt to be on the receiving end of Daisy's blunt or intrusive comments.

Nick went on messing with his hair until his sister once again chimed in, and his heart briefly stopped with her words: "There's your girlfriend." He knew exactly who she was talking about without even having to look. Josephine, the girl he'd had a crush on for years, since his first day of sophomore year when she showed up new to school as a freshman.

Nick held his breath, peeking up from his tray. He hadn't seen Josephine since heading off to make it as a big star in LA. Years later, he was just now returning to Rosemary Beach as a failure, another washed up actor whose career was over before it even began. Jo, however, looked the same, yet even hotter than he remembered. She was always insanely cute, but she'd really blossomed into a beautiful woman since then.

That first glimpse of her really knocked the wind out of him. He struggled to regain his voice, trying to scoff at Daisy's insinuation that his new boss was flirting with Josephine. "No, he's not. He has a girlfriend," Nick insisted, his voice cracking slightly. Yet he couldn't hide his frown watching all the attention the guy was lavishing on Jo. Regardless, Nick really was quite positive the dark-haired chick he'd been seeing around the bar was Alexei's girlfriend–the pair just gave off a distinct couple vibe, considering they often went home together at night.

Even if it was just a friendly interaction, Nick hesitated to interrupt them. Ultimately though, his desire to see Josephine won out over common courtesy. "Okay, I'm going in," He finally announced aloud to Sara and Daisy, nervously cracking his neck in preparation.

"Take that thing off first," Daisy chided, gesturing at the pink clip-on bowtie he wore as part of his cater waiter uniform. "You look like you're in a fucking barbershop quartet."

Nick shook his head with an annoyed grumble, but obediently began fiddling with the tie to remove it as he stalked off. But he was quickly distracted from the task by a new mission, and the bowtie would remain secured around his neck.

He didn't run right up to Josephine, first taking a detour to the table that held a bunch of tiny bellini samples. He had a hunch Jo might like it, a fizzy, blush pink concoction. It was the girliest drink he'd seen all day, not to mention just plain delicious, really. Securing a clean flute, Nick poured a bunch of the small samples inside to create a full-sized bellini just for Josephine, even running around to find the perfect garnish for it. Luckily, he came across a champagne table with a bowl of fresh strawberries, and plucked one out perch on the rim of her glass.

He set it down on a nearby table in order to stealthily creep up behind his crush instead of greeting her normally like any sane person would. Slipping his arms around her waist, he scooped her off the ground to swing her around playfully. The same way he'd often greet Josephine back when they were kids, sneaking up on her while she toiled away at her locker.

"Don't hit me! It's just me, your ol' buddy," Nick chuckled, holding his palms up in surrender when a surprised Josephine whirled around to face him. Opening his arms to capture her in a bear hug when she recognized him. "Hey!! You look amazing, Jojobean!" He blurted out, giving the small brunette an affectionate squeeze.

Reluctantly, he finally let her out of his grasp to gaze down at her, beaming with adoration. "Oh, wait a sec." Jogging back over to the table that held her extra special cocktail, Nick grabbed the flute of bubbly pink alcohol. "I was instructed by the management to deliver this to the princess of Rosemary Beach," He teased, unable to stifle a laugh as he did an exaggerated little bow while holding out the glass.

Only then did he finally remember that they weren't alone. "Oh...hey, boss," Nick straightened up and flashed a sheepish grin at Alexei, lifting a hand to greet him with a casual wave.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Scheming

OUTFIT: Open for business

basics
MENTIONS:

Richard fieldofclover fieldofclover

INT:

 Open

tags
TL;DR:
tl;dr
Gwen Alcott
I love money, I love bags
I love cars, turbo stacked
I want Louis Double V
I want Prada for my feet
There was no point in denying it anymore. Gwen was getting old.

Not that she wasn't painfully aware of that fact already. For the past decade at least, she'd been waging a war against time, the effects of aging and gravity on her body. Sometimes, she thought she was doing okay. But moments like this, they really underscored what an act in futility it was. On this day of our Lord, September 14th, at the Rosemary Beach Food & Wine Tasting Festival, Gwynevere Alcott could no longer eyefuck her way into the VIP section.

Not too long ago, getting into the VIP would have been an easy feat for Gwen. Sure, she could probably still weasel her way in by hiking up her skirt and offering a "favor" to the security guard, but she wasn't quite ready to sink so low. And least not just yet.

Normally, such a terrible milestone would send Gwen into an alcohol-fueled depression spiral. But really, it was a beautiful day at the vineyard. The wine was flowing, and it paired ever so nicely with the Percocets she'd popped before the event, along with a nip or two from the flask tucked away in her Chanel clutch.

Plus, who needed the VIP section when there were quality men right out in the open? There were plenty milling around in expensive suits, sampling the fancy food and wine on offer. And when a dashing older gentleman caught her eye, Gwen made it her mission to "accidentally" bump into him and spark a conversation.

Sapphire blue eyes sparkled with a cunning acuity as she chatted up the handsome older fellow, secretly sizing him up as she did so. The brunette searched his hand for a wedding ring, though she'd been around the block enough times to know a lack of one didn't necessarily mean he wasn't wifed up. But just through chatting with him and her infinite experience with men like him, Gwen rockoned he'd been married once or twice before, probably divorced with a couple of adult kids. Probably not looking to get hitched again anytime soon, though she'd never underestimate her own power of persuasion. At the very least, she was fairly confident she could get some nice gifts or jewelry out of him, maybe a little jaunt to Paris or something.

"Richard Haven," Gwen cooed, reading off the name on the business card the man had produced from his jacket pocket and placed in her free hand. The other brought the flute of Cristal to to her cherry painted lips to take a small sip while she glanced back up at him. You could tell a lot about a man by his business card, and this was an excellent one; classy yet understated design on a very sexy, substantial card stock.

She tucked the business card into her bra for safekeeping–and to call attention to the cleavage she had on display, just in case he'd missed it; her modest chest pushed up and padded within an inch of its life, as per usual. Her dainty digits now free, the brunette extended a hand out to him.

"Very nice to meet you, Richard," She purred. "Can I call you Richie?" Gwen asked innocently, batting her dark lashes. "Or is it Dick?" She flashed a mischievous grin, already planning every detail of the lewd photo set she'd be sending to Richard's cell later that night, just to guarantee she made a memorable first impression.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Pissy

OUTFIT: x

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Qwertycakes Qwertycakes
tags
TL;DR Jo's feeling petty.
tl;dr
josephine kingston
I was never really insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched

It was only in this moment that Jo realized how she took for granted the dull monotony that came with the borgeouise social events she'd spent many a minute scheming on methods of sneaking away from in order to read in peace. Had she fantasized about men approaching her and charming her forever coy and demure self at these events? Of course she had! But it never amounted to anything, other than the odd forced setup by both of their parents, which the men had most definitely not enjoyed. As she stood, Jo faced the moment she had always dreamed of, yet instead of butterflies, all she felt was a mixture of nausea and rage.

The absolute nerve of this fucker to waltz over here like nothing happened. Did he seriously think she was some simpering idiot who would come running back to him the minute he snapped his fingers? Determined to completely and utterly refuse to match his energy, she merely offered a polite nod. "Hello." She mumbled, eyeing the room for any potential excuse to escape this situation.

"I'm always at these events. Not a drinker though." Jo pursed her lips, glancing at the chef straightfaced. "I don't think I've seen you here before though. Business, I'm guessing? You work in food or something like that, right?" She questioned him, feigning oblivion with a wide-eyed expression. It was best to set the record straight as quickly as possible. If Alexei wanted to treat her like someone who could just forget the way he acted, Jo would treat him like someone who wasn't worth remembering.

Yes, needless to say Jo still wasn't over their past interactions. Although the two had never been strictly "exclusive", the older man had frequented Jo's place of work for months eventually confessing he'd done it all to see her. Exhilarated, Jo had begun eagerly anticipating his arrivals at the bookstore, even making excuses to come see him at his restaurant. This had been the first genuine romantic attention a guy had ever given her, and she'd been on cloud nine, gushing to Finn about him nonstop.

That was why Jo had been utterly baffled when Alexei just stopped visiting her. When she messaged him, all she'd get was polite responses, nice but nowhere near the flirtatious words he'd exchanged with her when they first met. Confused, Jo resolved to find him at the fair and ask him what was going on. And what had she seen? Him making out with some dark-haired hussy in line at the ferris wheel. Even now, she still felt the reverb of the pang in her chest upon discovering Alexei's activities.

It was abundantly clear that he wasn't half as serious about her as she was about him. While any sane person might have done anything from moving on to having a sobfest with their friends, Jo had instead opted for complete and utter rage. Alexei Milyukov was the absolute scum of the earth. Any psycopath who was willing to either wait for months in order to flirt with a girl or lie about it, then completely drop her without a second thought, had to be scum.

Jo was well aware that guys could be players, but she'd have expected guys like that to at least wait till they had even done anything before deciding she wasn't worth it. As a result of these events Jo was faced with two choices. Hate Alexei for ghosting her, or ponder if there was something innate about her nature that had made him so sick of her. Needless to say, she chose the first. Now whenever she went to the shooting range, a printed out photo of Alexei always came with her in order for her to tape it to the target.

She suspected she'd probably have to make plans to return after this whole ordeal was over.

"You know what, it was such a nice surprise running into you but I think I should go." Jo finally said, nervously glancing across the room. "My date's probably waiting for me. He's kind of the jealous type, he might get the wrong idea if we're together" She informed Alexei, with a polite smile that concealed Jo's urge to fist pump the air in triumph. As long as Alexei didn't question who exactly her date was she should probably be in the clear.

Worst case scenario, she would find Finn and beg him to pretend to be her date, considering the nerd would definitely understand her plight of wanting to avoid a social interaction more than anyone else.

"Like I said, it was nice seeing you good luck with your Caf-HEY!" Jo shrieked in surprise, as she felt a mysterious presence wrap their arms around her waist and spin her around. As she frantically flailed around, the figure set her down, and she immediately whirled around to identify her captor. "Nick! You scared me!" Jo wailed, although peals of laughter simultaneously escaped her mouth, her mind unsure of whether to be indignant or amused. She immediately wrapped her arms around his neck, squeezing him tightly. "You look amazing too! I love your hair. And your suit honestly." She informed him, somewhat awkwardly as she always tended to do in the presence of the former hearthrob of Rosemary Beach High.

She peered over at Nick curiously, observing him as he excused himself to run over to another table. Her eyes widened as she saw Nick bring over one of the pinkest beverages she'd seen so far. She accepted the flute, with a slight giggle. "Well give my thanks to the management." She grinned, lifting the glass in a joking toast. Although she definitely wasn't a drinker, it would've been even more embarassing to seem unappreciative of Nick's gift. Plus, it indirectly hinted to Alexei that her refusal of a drink was personal. Resolved, she took a sip of the sweet yet tangy drink. Then another. Then another.

Shockingly, Jo felt fine. Her heart felt like it was going a teeny bit faster yes, but that was probably nothing. She glanced at both guys, before speaking again. "You guys work together huh? Whoa, it's a small world." She said in a hushed tone, as if she was speaking something completely inappropriate. "It just so happens that......Nick's my date!" Jo blurted out, wrapping an arm around Nick's waist and pulling him in closer. "He's my date. And I'm also his date. Wanna go get another drink, date?"

She didn't wait for his answer before taking his hand and dragging him away from Alexei and onto the vineyard. Jo wasn't always sure how she felt about divine intervention, but Nick's arrival was nothing short of a miracle. It was the perfect out. Not to mention that if she wanted to show how awesome she was doing after Alexei ghosted her? She couldn't choose a better fake date than Nick. Ever since high school, he'd always been the perfect guy that every girl wanted, and every dude wanted to be. Who wouldn't feel inferior about themselves after being replaced by Nick?

She glanced up at him, a pouty look on her face. "I'm sorryyyyyyyyyyy. I shouldn't have sprung it on you. But pleaaaase don't tell Alexei you're not my date, okay?" She pleaded, looking in his eyes as best she could given their height difference.

code by valen t.

Micah Cooper
c962c711c533bef70093d40abec7dfa63c0ceae2.gifv

Micah smiled brightly at Cole's response. He liked Cole a lot and wanted Cole to know that. He may be jokes and comic books, but Micah had more to him than that. "Yes. I like you. And those jokes are for the stage. This, what I just told you, is not a joke." Micah said with the brightest of smiles. Quickly, he downed his second beer and hopped off the chair, more of a spring to his step than before. "Come on; I gotta go get my pay." He said and took Cole's hand, dragging him through the bar to find the owner.
Of course, the owner gave his usual compliments on the set but eventually handed over his pay. The bar could have paid better, but Micah mostly came to these things because he enjoyed them. Being the class clown in school had its perks and helped Micah realize that he loved teaching and comedy. Eventually, the pair found themselves outside. It was like the heat and claustrophobia of the bar faded away, and his shoulders hunched to their usual bad posture, "sorry it felt panicky in there." He said with a smile and turned to Cole finally.
The man was beautiful, indeed, and Micah didn't care that he wasn't the best at literacy. He knew people went through things, and he would never judge them for their outcomes of them. With two beers in him and the show's adrenaline, Micah finally stepped forward and pressed his lips to Cole's again. Knowing Cole wanted it this time, he kept the kiss passionate until a couple of people stumbled out of the bar. So he pulled away, "Come on." He said and led Cole to his car.
The old thing squealed as Micah opened the door for Cole, and a flush of red covered his face. It felt weird now that he wanted to impress Cole, but he did his best to ignore the shit box that his car was in and closed the door once Cole got in. He was going to drive back to town. Being in the city felt weird and public, but he wanted Cole to see his place. "Can we go to my house?" He asked now that he was back on the road to Rosemary Beach.

SEPTEMBER 14TH.

Dante was infuriating.

Now, Ari might not be the best filter for what is and isn’t infuriating, but he was right in this one aspect.

Dante was fucking infuriating.

Carefully tailored suit and carefully slicked back hair, every part of his appearance was a deliberate visage of power and control. More than that, a layer of foundation, the careful brushing of teeth and regularly scheduled whitening. The watch on his wrist probably cost more money than a person, but yet he constantly fiddled with it like it was nothing more than a dollar store stim toy.

I will let you come to the only conclusions that can be drawn from the type of asshole that treats expensive watches like they’re nothing more than toys.

Societally speaking, “fun” was not something that men were allowed to enjoy.

And Dante was nothing if not the picture perfect ideal of a capitalistic American man.

As such, Dante was very careful in choosing the things that he decided were fun.

For example, he had been in a frat throughout his college career… because of course he was. Drinking heavily at bars and clubs and talking to people mostly women because he wasn’t gay and having good rich cishet white boy fun.

Safe rich cishet white boy fun.

And maybe that was another word to assign Dante’s general posturing: safe.

He was… safe.

And utterly boring.

He ordered a disgustingly cishet man drink: an old-fashioned. He was taking a sip, when he felt eyes on him. Like a sixth sense, he took a small glance over at the two women, a small tug of his lips as he turned back down to his drink.

Dancing when you’re alone in a bar was not allowed in societal rules of being proper, not at this level of sobriety.

And he didn’t want to really hit some of the girls up. Long nights at the office were thoroughly killing any kind of sex drive that he possessed.

Maybe it was the carefully slicked back hair - gelled to the point of almost greasy. Maybe it was the slightly crooked smile, charmingly coy in its picture perfect image of charming young man – so perfect that it was no doubt to have been carefully practiced for hours. The inconsistent blend of hazel eyes, a kaleidoscope that had the illusion of changing colors based off of the lighting and the way he tilted his head, carefully controlled to fully take in her face.

Something about Dante was almost immediately pinnable as insincere despite the easy magnetic draw that he seemed to command with his practiced poise and playful charisma.

“Hey beautiful.” He replied easily, smoothly. There was a small click, and the insincere seemed to bleed away. The careful change of tiny facets in his personality tailored to mirror his speaking partner. “How ‘bout I buy you a drink or two and then we’ll see how I feel.”

now playing...

Naked

FINNEAS

♡coded by uxie♡

stella

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Cabbage

Terrorist Synthesizer

Stella threw herself onto the couch next to Alex. She hadn’t eaten breakfast; she never did. She had cereal back in the trailer, and maybe a bottle of sour milk. She preferred to dip her hands into the box and gobble odd handfuls of the dry sugary snacks in lieu of something more nutritious, never once having learnt how to cook a half decent meal.

“Daniel’s pissed.” Stella stated plainly, gazing into space as Alex’s spoon clinked against the porcelain bowl. She sighed. “I didn’t know it was his mom’s fuckin’ vineyard. Like that was something I have shown any smidge of interest in before,” she said, brow furrowed, arms crossed like a sulking child. “Anyway, I told him it wasn’t personal.”

Stella waited. She wasn’t a patient person; things happened at speed for Stella, often without pause or absent time. She didn’t dilly-dally or give herself time to catch her breath, so sitting on Alex’s couch staring at the wall while she scraped up the remains of her milk and cereal felt wrong. She felt like prying her fingernails off one by one to escape the feeling of being so on edge.

Some time had passed, and Alex was finally ready. “C’mon then,” Stella urged, all but leaping up from the seat. “Maddox and Scarlet should be at the end of the road. Let’s go make some trouble.”

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back