• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom -Rookie's Stage- {O}ut {O}f {C}haracter

Earliest I may be able to get a response is tomorrow evening. If not, then Sunday. Easter weekend so I am swamped with work.

As you can see, I have two back-to-back posts. Morgenstern had a response inbetween, but it was deleted.

I'm not deleted my response. Instead, just work on the assumption she intended to say something to Midori and he interrupted her. We're going to smudge it a bit. Shouldn't be hard given Midori's back-to-back speeches apply fairly well to everyone.

That moment when you realize you accidentally left the notes for your post in it. (just edited them out. That and a pretty bad typo)

Yeah... I think Jayson has had enough of Midori :P @Sir Les Paul

It's no skin off his back. Literally, at this moment, Midori is pretty sure he's the only one that is using his head for more than a hatrack. Morgenstern had a breakdown over an interruption and mild critique. Jayson is trying to defend someone who is clearly wrong. Both of them are doing the exact type of things that, if this were an unforgiving setting in a more dangerous arc, could get them seriously hurt.

They both need some Xanax or some shit.

It's no skin off his back. Literally, at this moment, Midori is pretty sure he's the only one that is using his head for more than a hatrack. Morgenstern had a breakdown over an interruption and mild critique. Jayson is trying to defend someone who is clearly wrong. Both of them are doing the exact type of things that, if this were an unforgiving setting in a more dangerous arc, could get them seriously hurt.

They both need some Xanax or some shit.

I dont think Jayson wholly agree's with Morgensterns outburst, rather it should be something at the very least more private. Considering his 'tragic' past, I have had him try to learn from the mistake there. i.e. why he chose to retreat when it was Him vs Midori and Morg. He hasn't openly used that as a reason however for his actions at that point. Simply making a decision based on past experience that lead to the death of others.

So learning from mistakes for him is something that he has no issue with, whereas believing that everything you say and do is correct is not something he can accept. If you always think your correct, then your simply oblivious to your own faults. That's his line of thinking.

Idea Idea I don't know if its the case but for me at least I copy and paste my previous post with the BBcode and replace the actual text. I sometimes forget to change the tags though. I forgot to add RANGYOKU RANGYOKU to the tag list >.</

@Idea I don't know if its the case but for me at least I copy and paste my previous post with the BBcode and replace the actual text.
I see that explains why I'm not getting tag notifications from you either.

Did you know that the site does not classify the post as tagging unless you manually make the tag in each post?

@Sir Les Paul I have a couple questions for you:
1. I thought Midori had left?
2. Is there a reason why you aren't tagging me?

Midori walked off to Biyu and Taz whom weren't that far away.

As for the tagging situation, uh... not gonna lie, I just copied and pasted a code, but the code I grabbed was one from a bit ago because when I started, the last one I did didn't have the pictures. So you weren't added, which is mb. You've been added since.

As for Jayson, it just feels like he's digging his hole deeper. Like, I make this huge effort in all of Midori's post to actually give a valid reason for what he does, especially when he's being a dick. I actually do it for Morgenstern, but it's coming back as useful with Jayson. Midori has a pretty solid explanation for every thing he's done and said all the way back to stopping their fight. If Morgenstern wouldn't have went batshit earlier, Midori had full intentions on explaining why he intervened and that her technique isn't going to actually make her better. Notice she earlier said "sorry, unlike weapons, we Meisters have to charge our wavelengths" which is misleading: yes, they have to charge their wavelengths, but not for the absurd amount of time or with the extra steps Morgenstern utilizes. What she did is find a way to treat the symptom of her problem, not a cure. Doing that is just going to prolong her ineptitude.

So right now, this entire exchange seems like Jayson needlessly white knighting for Morgenstern who flipped shit over being stopped in a fight because she was taking short cuts that Midori was gonna point out later in private. So, she made it public by going bitchmode on him. I don't see Jayson having any ground to stand on; Midori is just an asshole and people wanna side against an asshole.

Midori walked off to Biyu and Taz whom weren't that far away.

As for the tagging situation, uh... not gonna lie, I just copied and pasted a code, but the code I grabbed was one from a bit ago because when I started, the last one I did didn't have the pictures. So you weren't added, which is mb. You've been added since.

As for Jayson, it just feels like he's digging his hole deeper. Like, I make this huge effort in all of Midori's post to actually give a valid reason for what he does, especially when he's being a dick. I actually do it for Morgenstern, but it's coming back as useful with Jayson. Midori has a pretty solid explanation for every thing he's done and said all the way back to stopping their fight. If Morgenstern wouldn't have went batshit earlier, Midori had full intentions on explaining why he intervened and that her technique isn't going to actually make her better. Notice she earlier said "sorry, unlike weapons, we Meisters have to charge our wavelengths" which is misleading: yes, they have to charge their wavelengths, but not for the absurd amount of time or with the extra steps Morgenstern utilizes. What she did is find a way to treat the symptom of her problem, not a cure. Doing that is just going to prolong her ineptitude.

So right now, this entire exchange seems like Jayson needlessly white knighting for Morgenstern who flipped shit over being stopped in a fight because she was taking short cuts that Midori was gonna point out later in private. So, she made it public by going bitchmode on him. I don't see Jayson having any ground to stand on; Midori is just an asshole and people wanna side against an asshole.
Let him white knight if he wants to. These are kids, people , of course they'll make mistakes. Characters don't need to understand each other's circumstances or intentions and misguided hostility is just one such flaw. It gives us material to work with and move forward XD

Let's make the best of it

Ps: slow down a little peeps, it's like you choose the two days I'm stuck with guests to start rocketing through the posts

Ps: slow down a little peeps, it's like you choose the two days I'm stuck with guests to start rocketing through the posts

They're still just bickering, tbh. If a fight starts out, I'll definitely slow it down or do a collab. Considering his last remark to Jayson, I'm real curious to see where it goes.

They're still just bickering, tbh. If a fight starts out, I'll definitely slow it down or do a collab. Considering his last remark to Jayson, I'm real curious to see where it goes.
True, but it's a little hard writing a post when the commentary keeps changing... Well, I could sum it up to "they started bickering... " but that might be a bit of a disservice (I've been using that word a lot lately, now that I think about it) to your effort in those posts.

True, but it's a little hard writing a post when the commentary keeps changing... Well, I could sum it up to "they started bickering... " but that might be a bit of a disservice (I've been using that word a lot lately, now that I think about it) to your effort in those posts.

That's fair. Phayne does remarkable as well. While I find myself disliking Jayson, Phayne's portrayal of him is top notch.

Well Jayson is naive, prior to literally being dragged into the DWMA, he didn't really care for such things.. merely doing a Bonnie and Clyde with Rosalia. He is basically talking as if he has 'experience' just from that one instance with Witches,. He is also far from the 'strict and serious' type :p

I kinda miss being a dick though... *reminisces about Kasper* Kinda funny now how the roles have reversed sorta when we had the long exchange between Kasper and Conor, whilst Kasper went full 'over 9000' dick mode.

Anyways, that will probably be my last post for SE today. I gotta catch up on two other rp's... [and i just downloaded Disgaea 2 on steam...]

Idea Idea
Sorry if it seems like we are bulleting through. I get carried away when exchanges between characters are as engaging and fun to write as these. :p

I've just put two and two together. Muon was trained by a Knife Meister and was searching for a Bow as a weapon. Lord if Jayson actually found that out, considering Midori's weapon form(s)... the animosity between the him and Midori may sky rocket...

Yeah, I thought about that, too. But there's no way for me to us it without meta'ing it in. lol

Kasper went full psychotic. He wasn't being a dick. He was batshit crazy. Let's be real. Midori, while being a dick, is still extremely composed. In fact, if you consider how he's speaking to Jayson, he's probably the more composed of the two. Jayson gets very emotional and belligerent when he speaks, and he speaks a lot. Midori, while he has delved into more cursing, is still for the most part pretty formal in how he replies. He's a condescending dick and the worst part about it is that he just has solid points all around. No one wants to acknowledge them.

Morgenstern really set the pace with it, but Jayson followed. They just reject the actual points he's making to argue. They're emotional people. To them, it doesn't matter who's actually right and wrong.

For Midori, it's the exact opposite. The only thing that matters is what's actually correct. It's how he trained and proved himself to his Clan, but it was also the lesson taught to him by Ao.

There are characters in the middle ground, too. That would be like... Taz and Conor. A good example would be how pissed Taz was with Crowley for pulling him out until Crowley explained. He was emotional until provided the blunt facts, in which he internally broke down to fault. I somewhat doubt Jayson is going to do the same.

Yeah he won't do the same. If anything, actions speak louder then words for Jayson, so hypothetically he'd need to fail first to realise that he was wrong rather than someone telling him before hand. That being said, since his 'backstory' he does prioritise caution over diving in head on and I'd like to think he has a solid understanding of what he can and cannot do in a real fight, i.e. his evasive acts during the confrontation with Morgenstern as well as the cautious exchange he had with Maxwell. It doesn't need to be made clear to him that fighting without Muon leaves him severely disadvantaged.

Probably the way he was raised as opposed to Midori's childhood also plays a pivotal role in their different approaches. Jayson refused to conform to the needs and wants of society at the time and became rebellious. This idea that there is only 'the correct way' is too restrictive for him :p.

Kasper after the death of Mina? and a haircut
superthumb.jpg

I've just put two and two together. Muon was trained by a Knife Meister and was searching for a Bow as a weapon. Lord if Jayson actually found that out, considering Midori's weapon form(s)... the animosity between the him and Midori may sky rocket...
The funny thing is, that wasn't even on purpose, I had no idea what anyone's forms were except Jayson's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back