• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Tales of the UEEF (Main)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Seeing the massive station come into view, and starts firing heavily into the Invid, Thing swerves, and heads towards the planet. This was something to investigate but it wasn't a risk at the moment, at least not a direct risk, and it was better to deal with the Invid heading towards the planet.

There were few times in Amanda's life where she was totally speechless. This is one of those times. She stares out at the massive wall of the station in front of her in awe that there could ever possibly be something so large ever built; let alone a few dozen of them! And I thought that the Zentraedi ships were big! I guess that whatever that built them has to be even bigger; just never really thought about it. A nearby explosion shakes her from her wool gathering. Whoa! Focus, girl! Time for some evasive action. Amanda scans the sky around them, hoping to see a place that might be able to offer up some safety.
Sherwood, is there any place that can offer up some cover? Can we make it away from the Factory?

At this point, you have a couple of different options to look at. Option one, you can break away at high speed and get out of range of the weapons of the Factory. Right now, you are closer to the fleet than you are to the planet, but going back to the surface is a possible course of action.

Option two is to dive towards the Factory and try to get under the elevations of the guns.

Option three is whatever you can come up with.

"Well they ain't firin at US so best we get under that umbrella you think?!" Grumpy shouted on the mic as he swirved, dipped, dodged, dived and dodged his way through the incoming friendly fire.

"Fuck it we can't stay here and my survival means the survival of Scorch's love life lets fucken go!!" Grumpy rushed off, he couldn't wait under all this heat.

The battle in space rages. The UEEF forces in orbit are vastly outnumbered, but thanks to the skill of the pilots and the quality of the mecha they have, the allied forces are holding their own. It is going to be a tough fight. At least the weapons on the Robotech Factory are not being used to target the fleet; it is only attacking anything closing into its defensive area, and is ignoring the UEEF cruisers and other heavy ships - for now.

The Storm Dragons are doing their best to avoid getting swatted out of the sky like a bunch of bugs. With some expert flying, the three of you angle in towards the Robotech Factory, and race along its hull trying to keep from getting targeted. As of this moment, you are able to avoid detection.

From his position in the back seat of Grumpy's mecha, Alex is busy trying to keep tabs on the flood of information coming into his station. "Everyone, we seem to be in a clear zone for the moment. I would have to guess that unless we are visually detected, we may be safe. Rising up from the hull to any altitude will probably trigger a hostile response. I guess some good news is, we have another allied unit nearby. I suggest we link up. Safety in numbers, after all."

Finally, we find Lt. Garreth Olsen also right next to the Factory, having the same fun that the Storm Dragons are playing tag with the Invid along the outer hull of the massive station. A quick check of your HUD shows that most of the Veritechs of the fleet are pulling back from the area around the Factory, but there are a few units nearby that have threaded the needle and are up alongside the hull with you. They are roughly eight miles from your current position.
ShadowWolves ShadowWolves your mecha currently has a full load of missiles. That gives you:
23 Short Range HEAP
23 Short Range Plasma
12 Medium Range Plasma
and 8 Mini Fragmentation

"Sitting ducks, god damn.... The least these bastards could've done is knock before kicking in the damn door." Grumpy grumbled, these Robotech Masters were rather rude... teleporting a FUCKING MOON right atop of them, at least they were fighting the invid... All while they still had a damn hive to deal with and a fucking fleet.

Grumpy hoped to whatever god that was watching would guide those who were opperating his shields!

Maybe that gorgeous priestess was praying for their victory? I wonder if they would get any other accolaid if they extracted that tumor of a hvie from their planet...

...Maybe he should focus instead of thinking about that... He kept a mental tab to remind himself to think of a reason to visit that temple.

Garreth was currently evaluating his situation and helping out the forces that were on the ground, his Valkyrie craft was currently at full power but he was starting to notice a slight buzz in his rudder pedals, but it was only a slight buzz, so he didn't have to worry too much about it. He continued to check his surroundings managing his heads-up display as he got a warning on his hud and got himself ready to engage just in case but also noticed that he had friendly units to his 3'o clock but they were a couple of klicks out from his position. He was trying to figure out how to make the best of his current situation.

Amanda shifts her Valkyrie into its Guardian mode to be able to skim across the outer hull of the station. "Alex? Try to get a hold of the MacArthur and get someone up top thinking about our collective rear ends. Hopefully they can come up with a plan that doesn't involve us getting blasted. In the meantime, I'm going to try and contact that other pilot out here with us, and try to vector him to a rendezvous point with us." She checks her HUD and see's the unit designation of the other Veritech. "VF-080, this is Lt. Amanda Loxley, call sign Scorch of the Storm Dragon squad. We have you on our displays roughly eight miles out from our current position. What's your status? Can you maneuver to meet up with us?"

"Scorch, I copy you on all, this is VF-080 Callsign Warhammer, I'm in you're area and can maneuver to your position to assist. T.O.T two minutes, how copy?"
Garreth then switches his Valkyrie into flight mode and accelerates to fifty percent and makes his way over to assist. Once he was on-station he radioed in "LT. Loxley, this is VF-080 callsign Warhammer racked and stacked at 2-0-0 Above Ground Level /break/ Ordinance to Follow:
23 Short Range HEAP
23 Short Range Plasma
12 Medium Range Plasma
and 8 Mini Fragmentation
/break/
ready for tasking.
/break/
mark targets with laser designator
/break/
How copy?
/Break/

"Copy your last, Warhammer. We are altering our path to link up with you. As of now, we are free and clear of any hostile contacts, and are trying to establish contact with the MacArthur for instructions. Looks like if we keep on the deck, the station can't see us visually, and our stealth systems are working to keep us from being tracked."
Inside the Valkyrie
Number of Attacks: 8
Strike: +16, +19 with the GU-11
Parry: +17
Dodge: +19, +24 in Fighter Mode
Roll with Punch: +8
Initiative: +6

Payload
46 Short Range HEAP
12 Medium Range Plasma
8 Mini Fragmentation

Last edited:
"Copy your last Scorch, I will try to get in contact with the MacArthur. Standing-by to relay message, break." He then continued to orbit around at the altitude he was currently holding at and watching the battlefield. He looked around continuing to scan for contacts in case anything happened to engage them while he was waiting for the message to relay to the carrier group.

It takes several minutes for everyone to meet up as you have to spend time ducking and weaving around various protrusions extending out from the hull of the Factory. As you fly, Alex is busy getting in touch with the Command Cruiser. When he does, the four of you are ordered to shelter in place and wait for an important transmission.

Hunkering down behind a odd protrusion in the hull, you are able to keep hidden as you wait. Finally, you get a signal. "Prepare your system recorders to receive a critical burst transmission." As you sit in place, the MacArthur begins to send multiple data pulses for your computers to record. "Storm Dragons and VF-080, we have a tough one for you, but if you can pull this one off, you will be the hero's of the Fleet. Standby for Commander Holston." A moment goes by, then the CAG comes on. "Pilots, as you are aware from your training, we are faced by a Robotech Factory, an automated station on its appointed rounds through the galaxy. Earth forces were able to capture one and retool it to build the Expeditionary Fleet. If we can seize this station, it would be a major boon to our efforts to stop the Invid."

"Your computers have now been uploaded with a program that, if you are able to install it into the main computer, it will act as a virus and will rewrite the basic command codes of the operating system to recognize UEEF IFF codes as friendly and to accept orders from our control systems. This virus must be input in the main control center or the firewalls of the station will be able to halt the program from rewriting the code. In order to get access to the command center, you will need to enter the Factory, evade the internal defenses, locate the center, and install the program. As a part of the virus program, we have included schematics for the deck plans of the one Factory that was captured. Even barring some minor differences in internal layout, this map will help you get to where you are going."

He pauses for a moment, then goes on. "With the Invid presence here, the station is already at high alert, and according to our Zentraedi allies, the whole place is on the verge of initiating another space fold to escape the area. It takes twenty four hours for the fold engines of a station that large to reset and be ready to use, and we have already gone through three of them since its breakout into normal space. Keep an eye on your countdown timers, because if you cannot install the virus in time, the Factory will fold out and take you with it to destinations unknown."

"Normally I would want to send a large force inside the Factory to seize the control center. Unfortunately, most of our Shadow Fighters were deployed on Paraxis and are in the middle of a nasty fight. The remaining few stealth fighters we did not send planetside are busy defending the carrier group from the Invid. The four of you are the only units in position to be able to make an attempt on the control center in less than fifteen hours, which cuts our window of opportunity dangerously small. If we want to have any chance of success, it rides on the shoulders of the four of you."

"I will not order you to take this risk, but I am going to ask you to give this a shot. Can I count on you to make this happen?"

Garreth listens to the brief and thinks for a moment. It was gonna be a tough one for sure but if they could pull it off, it just might work. They had to give it a try, because if not then they might not have control of the largest battle station they have seen to date. It was a hard shot for them to make. Garreth was gonna give it a shot and by hell, he would succeed.

"Commander, sir! You can count on VF-080 to get the job done, sir! I will go through this station and secure it for the fleet. For the UEEF, Hu'ah! UEEF!"

Once he had decided to go on what was practically a suicide mission. He had to figure out a plan. If he was gonna avenge his squadmates pay for what the Invid had done to so many of his squadron members he was going to make sure they lost as many operational assets as possible. The UEEF needed to fight and they needed to win! This was for the glory of his squadron and for the glory of the UEEF!

He scanned the plans that had been sent to their computers and started looking for stealthy ways that they could avoid the majority of the defenses and still be able to get to the main computer and upload the virus to override identification friend or foe recognition protocols. He analyzed the plans for almost twenty minutes and thought he saw a way for a one or two man team to be able to get through to the main computer and encounter as little resistance as possible. But there was also a very high danger because what he saw also ran right through the ordinance battery of the ship and if too big an explosion were to happen then it could certainly spell do for them and the station.

Grumpy's opinion of this made a comeplete 180, he went from be angry about them popping up out of nowhere, to biting his lip in anticipation! Oh yes, how he wanted in this thing, the secrets it would hold, the amazing technology it could provide.

Oh yes, Grumpy wanted in that factory, oh yes, did he want to snoop around that thing to his heart's delight. The thought of it almost trumped his desire to go back to that city!

Almost.

"We need this, lets do it! Fuck the warp thing we gotta take and hold this sucker!" His excitement making him forget about the new presence in the squad.

Garreth heard one of the Storm Dragon members talking and he quickly looked for the unit that was speaking and contacted them on a private channel saying: "Storm Dragon, I think I have a plan and a route that will get us by a majority of the defenses quietly, but we can only do this if it's just us two, no one else can come along because we run the risk of attracting more attention to ourselves, plus this route also has the maximum potential of blowing not just ourselves, but the entire ship and the rest of the squad up in the air and to kingdom come."

Once he finished transmitting, he waited for a response, wondering if this Storm Dragon was gonna go along with his plan. But, ultimately if no one wanted to go with his plan he would just go on his own and take the route he had found, he would complete the objectives regardless if anyone wanted to go with him because, he needed to do this, regardless of whether this was a primary mission objective, secondary mission objective, whatever. He was going to get it done, even if he had to do it on his own.

Scorch frowns. "I think that the four of us should stick together for this. I'm all for making a run on the control center, but splitting up? With as many defenses that this place must have, the only reason why we might want to do that is to cause a distraction for some others to slip through the gauntlet and insert this virus."
Inside the Valkyrie

Payload
46 Short Range HEAP
12 Medium Range Plasma
8 Mini Fragmentation

"I'm with Scorch, all horror stories begin with the squad splitting newbie." Grumpy huffed. "Stay together, stay alive, thats what I say. We have a clear path regardless."

"With all due respect Ma'am the path I have found leads us past all the primary shipboard defenses, we will only have minimal engagement with the enemy if we take this route. But its your call, after all you are flight leader Im assuming." Garreth said, sad that none of the others wanted to take the path that could lead them on a more direct path,but that wasn't his call right now, because he was not squadron leader at the moment. But then again, technically he was not a part of this squadron either, he was a C.A.S pilot, so technically she was not his flight leadet or squadron commander. So, he could still take the route by himself, but right now he also had to think of the rest of the pilots that were here. Time was running out, they needed to take action now or risk getting sucked into a space-fold and ending up who knoes where. It was such a hard decision for him to make:
Stick with his new "Squadron" members and hope they have a better way to get to the main control room.
Or
Abandon the remaining pilots and go it alone and capture the main control room by himself and avenge his fallen squadron members. He still had to honor them as well, and not taking this chance with encountering as little resistance as possible.

Alex is busy looking over the data dump that the MacArthur sent out. "Wow. This is intense. According to this, the virus program will take quite a bit of time to integrate itself into the operating system of the station, at least ten minutes, possibly as many as fifteen. During that time, we'll have to keep watch over the computer to keep the repair drones from getting access and removing the corrupted code. Plus, this place has thousands of combat drones at its disposal. Most are scattered about the interior of the station, but once we start messing around the control room, that will raise a red flag that we are a serious issue and it will respond in force. It will take multiple units working together to stop the combat drones at bay until the new OS is up and running. We'll have to do this as a group effort if we want to have any chance of success."

Looking at the blueprints that the data dump included, the top third of the Factory is dedicated to the repair and manufacture of the Robotech Master Motherships, and the lower third is all storage of raw materials, leaving the middle part of the station for the assembly lines for the smaller mecha like the Zentraedi Regult Battle Pods. The middle part also has rooms for housing several tens of thousands of people easily while the ship that they came in on is being repaired. These living areas are split up between rooms large enough to hold the forty foot tall Zentraedi giants, and smaller rooms for the Robotech Master clones, making most of the station's internal corridors large enough to operate your Veritechs. Only a few small parts of the station will require you to land your fighters and exit to your emergency Cyclone ride armor.

In order to get inside the Factory, you have a few choices as to how to do so. You can look around for one of the many airlocks and try to bypass its security to open it, or you can hope to find a location of the hull that's been damaged and go in through the crater. Option three would be to blast a hole in the hull yourselves, but that will use up some of your missile payload, and you won't have any reloads available to you for quite some time.

Amanda listens to Alex as he reads off the data about the Factory. "I say we find an airlock to gain access to the inner station. It will signal the station where we are, but depending on how tough the security bots are, we'll need to save our missiles to use on them. Alex? Is there anything in that data dump that tells us about what kind of security and defenses that we'll have to deal with? I hate to go into an unknown if we can avoid it."
Inside the Valkyrie

Payload
46 Short Range HEAP
12 Medium Range Plasma
8 Mini Fragmentation

You can hear his fingers on his keyboard as he searches for data. "Lets see..... I have a list of the defense drones from the one Factory that was captured by the old RDF forces. There were three main kinds of robot that we may have to deal with. First is the Light Defense Robot.

1536207763216.png

It is relatively small at six feet tall and twelve feet long, and is capable of Mach speed flight. Primary weapons are three small laser turrets, and its armor is rated at 100 MDC. Next is the Primary Defense Drone.

1536207961063.png

Its design is based off of the classic Zentraedi Regult-class of battle pod. Since it doesn't have a pilot, it has more armor than the manned model does at 200 points. It is armed with a array of weapons, but its main guns are a pair of particle beam blasters giving it a heavy punch for its size. They can run pretty fast, but are only flight capable in zero gravity. The last one is the Omega Defense Drone.

1536208399227.png

Its design is based on the Female Power Armor. Just like the other drone that has more armor than its manned counterpart, this has more shielding at 300 points, making it pretty tough. Fully flight capable, its able to hit high Mach speed and is packed with a metric shit-ton of mini missiles: 128 of them, to b exact.

There are a number of different kinds of repair drones, but they are not the ones we need to worry about.

The Factory also has a number of fixed turrets that pop out of the walls, in the form of both blasters and missiles. These are not the primary defense system; the drones take that role. But we will still have to keep watch for them."

"Good bit of auto defence units... perhaps we should try and find a open hole in this thing and sneak in as to prevent kicking the bee's nest early, god knows that will happen sometime but I want to only tango with as few as we need to.

Even if this is all pretty fucken cool, that said I say we start our search and get sneaking.

Lets head inside and make our way on this path, we have a full day so we have plenty of time, but not enough to get comfortable. Lets get in and shut this clock down and reap the spoils.

We search for a bole in this thing that isn't swarming, then, we find out way. Possible that we can cut some travel time by doing this. Alright, on me." Grumpy began to take off on his search.

Last edited:
Those with the Boarding Spacecraft skill, please give me a roll.

If you don't have that skill, if you have something on your sheet that you feel would help get inside, roll that.

"I Agree with Scorch, an airlock is our best bet," Garreth said, now completely changing his tune from before to accommodate whatever his temporary squadron had in mind. He may be loyal to his other squadron, but that didn't mean he wasn't willing to do whatever it takes to complete a mission, he wondered if he would become the commander of his own squadron now that he was practically the only man left in his squadron, or would he just be roped into the Storm Dragons?
Either way he needed to follow commands and it looked like Grumpy had just been appointed squad leader, which was fine with him. It would not affect how he followed his orders or how the mission went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back