• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Marlon smiled back at her as he entered."Duenan." He greeted as he approached her desk. And at her offer. He would do just that. "Yes. I read it."

Marlon took the glass gratefully and leaned back in his chair. "It's got to be. If not from Neo than someone else. After what happened with the Zentraedi invasion, it would be completely and utterly stupid and potentially world-damning to ignore that kind of information."

Marlon looked into his glass, trying to see his reflection in the dark amber liquid as he thought. "What I think... well i don't think it looks too good. With a sizeable chunk of the UEEF gone, it is likely war will reach the surface. And you heard what Neo said, they bad news. Even without that, their approach is enough to suspect the worst."

Marlon took a small sip of the whiskey. Just enough to savor the taste. "We have made plenty of advancements since the first Robotech War. But we dont have the numbers, even with repopulation and Zeek allies. I have a feeling we are going to have to approach this threat a good bit differently than we did the Zentraedi."

He looked up again, "This is going to be a lot more different than what did in the jungles. But we will find out very soon. But nothing that Third Heavy can't handle." He hoped. If this turned into a full scale war... then this wasnt going to be like the skirmishes they rose to fame on against the malcontents.

Gabi's research is able to turn up a remarkable amount of information, all of it most certainly provided by the loyal Zentraedi forces as they were being debriefed. [All the information you have been able to turn up is in the Equipment section of the Lore tab.] The things you are reading are quite daunting. The Robotech Masters are not ones to consider any beings that they encounter to be their equals, so the odds that they will communicate with the Earth forces with anything but blaster fire are slim and none, and slim has just left the building.

The only good news here is that there is no longer a Malcontent Uprising to have to deal with, or else they might try to coordinate their attacks with the Robotech Masters.

At the earliest reasonable moment, Gabriela shared all of this with Third Heavy Recon.

Then suddenly, the alert siren goes off, calling you all to your mecha. While you are powering up, you get deployment orders to head to an industrial park and position yourselves to protect it from possible attack.

By this time, Gabriela was in her Recon Patrol frame of mind with her game face on. She had gone over and over the information she had learned until it was so ingrained, she had forgotten it. So begins the Second Robotech War, huh? she thought with a frown. God was with us on our first and He's with us this time too. This time, it's not the RDF against the big alien warriors, but the RDF and the ASC against the ruthless creators of the big alien warriors. That's loca ("crazy"). Here I am so very ready to pull the trigger against this threat, but without them, I wouldn't even exist. Ain't life loca?

From her pilot's seat, Gabi grinned and waited for LT Conway to give the green light.

As the squad heads for the industrial park, Deunan calls up on her HUD a Google Earth satellite image of the area she has under her protection, looking for critical points in which to place her squad in order to be able to both protect each other with supporting fire and keep the civilians in the area safe, all the while offering covering fire for the buildings she is supposed to protect.

Pulling up to a stop in a crossroads, she stands up and gives the area a looksie with the good ol' Mark One Eyeball. "Ok, Third Heavy! There is a open park a half mile thataway that I want both Alan and Neo to set up in with Ryuko, and Marlon and I will hold up here with Gabi. Priority one is to keep any civies alive and well, with our second being the buildings here. Everyone in the area should have been evacuated to the shelters, but there is always a stupid person that thinks that they are invulnerable and they ignore the evac order."

"Remember, we don't know for a fact that we are about to be attacked, but it would be stupid to assume otherwise. So unless we receive other orders to the contrary, we do not fire first unless we are fired upon. Am I clear?" Deunan waits until she gets affirmations from the entire team before going on. "When the fight is joined, hit them hard and fast, and give them no time to think, and watch each other's backs."

Alan boots up his experimental software he'd been honing since before the mission against Zerkia. "Roger Lieutenant, marking or civilian positions. Let's double-check our firing paths, alright?" Alan said dryly, knowing he was still being recorded, now by a less charitable C.O. than they had at Anton-17. I really don't need this kind of crap in an invasion. Alan thought, almost sighing in frustration. He thought back to all of the files that came across his computer prior to deployment. "If anyone knows of other priority targets we should track, now's the time to speak up. Any chance we have at predicting their LZ and objective helps. All set Neo? Ryuko?"

Neo calls out, "I'm all set, and orders are understood, boss lady. I'm monitoring the situation on the battle net. It sounds like the Global Defense Net has detected orbit-to-ground ships being launched over multiple locations, including several over Brazilia Base. We should be ready for contact."

Ryuko nodded at Deunan, as Her Ajax got into position. Ryuko would reply to Alan's question of being ready, as well as a question to Neo.

"I'm all ready to fight when it starts Alan. Neo, anything I need to be warned about before the battle begins?"

Ryuko nodded at Deunan, as Her Ajax got into position. Ryuko would reply to Alan's question of being ready, as well as a question to Neo.

"I'm all ready to fight when it starts Alan. Neo, anything I need to be warned about before the battle begins?"
Neo replies to Ryuko, "If it is the Robotech Masters, they will be using their Bioroids on us. That is their primary land and aerospace force unit. Keep a lookout for the different colored units. Blue is their most common attack unit, with Green and Red being their command units and somewhat less common. Hold on."

She puts her hand to her ear as she listens to multiple conversations at once. "It is confirmed that there are eight dropships coming down over Brazilia Base, with dozens of others detected over different parts of the globe. This has be an attack, but the High Command is still maintaining its order to hold fire to all ASC and RDF units planet wide."

Deunan scowls. Damnit. It makes sense that this is the precursor of an invasion, but we are being ordered to hold fire until we are fired upon. Stupid. Why not hit them as they come down and before they have a chance to deploy their ground forces on us? "You heard the lady. All forces are guns tight. We will not be the first ones to break the hold-fire order."

Ryuko was fidgeting with her controls, as she was getting impatient, and slightly worried before a thought hit her.
"What if High Command got attacked before all this happened?! If there's a spy there and they somehow set us up..."

Alan scowled at the thought. "She has a point... This happened last time when Ryuko and Gabi first joined the Third Heavy."

Deunan smirks. "The second that the alien ships open fire, its open season on them, and we have no bag limit. Just remember our priorities. Protect civilians, guard the facilities around us, and above all, keep one another safe. I have us deployed close enough to one another to be able to provide overlapping layers of fire on these guys if they decide to be unfriendly."

As everyone is waiting, there is a trio of Arbalist Anti-Aircraft Missile Tanks that come pulling up to a stop at the next intersection. They raise up their missile launchers towards the sky and engage their targeting radar and begin to range on the nearest couple of alien ships coming down towards you.

Neo begins to call out target range numbers on the approaching ships, and while they are still several miles up in the air and out of reach of your weapons, one of the Arbalist tanks suddenly launch its payload of eight medium range missiles up into the air at the approaching ships!

At this point, everything seems to happen at once. While the missiles rise up at the bright red drop ship, other launchers begin to fire wildly all across Brazilia Base. The alien ships open up large hatches on their sides and begin to disgorge dozens of the Bioroids on their hover sleds, and blaster fire starts to rain down from multi-barreled turrets on the bellies of the drop ships trying to destroy the incoming missiles.

By the time the remaining missiles start to hit their targets of the drop ships, the air is filled with hundreds of the different colored Bioroids on their hover sleds, shooting down rapidly towards the surface with blaster fire starting to rain down on the city.

Over the industrial complex that the Third Heavy is guarding, your radar can spot a full two dozen of these Bioroids coming towards you.

Time to roll for initiative!

Deunan lets out a string of profanities that are unfit to print. "That does it! It has hit the fan now. Everyone, get ready to rumble! Watch your targets and cover one another! We don't know the full capabilities of these alien mecha, so assume the worst and be careful! Fire at will!"
On Foot:
Number of Attacks: 6
Strike: +10
Parry: +13 - +17 with Heavy Combat Shield
Dodge: +14
Roll: +6
Perception: +12
Initiative: +1
Damage: +2 from Ps
Critical Strike on a natural 18-20

In the Hover Tank:
Number of Attacks: 9 - +1 attack per melee round at levels 1, 3, 6, 10, and 14
Strike: +12 with Cannons, +13 to HtH, +14 with EU-11 (+2)
Parry: +17 (+1)
Dodge: +17 (+1)
Roll: +9
Perception: +12
Initiative: +3 (+2)
Critical Strike on a natural 18-20

Hover Tank Armor
Main Body: 475
Left Arm Shield: 500
Right Arm Shield: 500

Alan readies the cannon in guardian mode. Subtle beeps and blips popped from his control panel audio as the rudimentary A.I. started trying to mark and track hostile targets. Since bioroids were very new opponents, the algorithms began to churn beneath the surface layer of the computer. New data was getting logged by the moment for properly distinguishing them from other targets.

[Rolling initiative, I don't think we have the +2 from command, so I believe that's it.]

"Pull back, Ryuko." Marlon called over the radio to the Ajax pilot. "Keep to long range. We dont know these 'bioroids' capabilities yet. And we dont need a repeat of what happened with the FPA." ( Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 )

Marlon turned his eyes back to the radar. And watched the enemy numbers swell. "And remember their rank. Reds and greens before the grunts."

Looking back up at the sky, his expression took on a serious frown. All of them clearly has superior mobility. But a solid hit from a PPA could very well dismount them. It was a worth a shot to try.

Initiative 12

"Don't worry bout it,"
Ryuko answered quickly, as the Ajax aimed it's cannon as soon as it was in range, firing at one enemy Mecha, before firing. "I got this!!!"
and if by chance there was a second one behind it, potentially she could take two down with one shot.

Directly overhead are 24 of the strange mecha, broken down into two groups of twelve. Each group has a Red leader Bioroid, two Greens, and nine Blues, all on hover platforms.

As they swoop down lower, the Bioroids begin to make strafing runs against the Arbalist Missile Tanks, not knowing that the mecha of the Third Heavy is there.

The mecha are all at a distance ranging between 2,000 and 6,000 feet, flying at an altitude of about 600 feet up.

Jumping the gun (so to speak), Ryuko fires a shot with her Ion Pulse Weapon, but all of her targets are too far away to be able to be hit by it.

Red 1 takes exception to getting shot at, and it fires a double barreled shot from the Plasma Cannons on the hover sled at Ryuko. It will hit unless you dodge.

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 has a defense to declare, and Purr Purr is up

20 - Ryuko [1]
19 - Red 1 [1]
17 - Gabi <====
16 - Red 2
15 - Green 1-2
14 - Greens 3-4
12 - Marlon
11 - Blues 1-3
11 - Blues 4-6
10 - Deunan
10 - Alan
9 - Blues 7-9
8 - Blues 10-12
8 - Blues 13-15
5 - Blues 16-18

Ryuko grunted at herself for her misperception as one of the the enemy Mecha, colored red and being the spearhead of the Assault, opened fire at her. The Ajax would Quickly veer right....

Ryuko's tight maneuvering is good enough to keep her from being tagged by the Red Bioroid.

Purr Purr is up

20 - Ryuko [1]
19 - Red 1 [1]
17 - Gabi <====
16 - Red 2
15 - Green 1-2
14 - Greens 3-4
12 - Marlon
11 - Blues 1-3
11 - Blues 4-6
10 - Deunan
10 - Alan
9 - Blues 7-9
8 - Blues 10-12
8 - Blues 13-15
5 - Blues 16-18

Missile Payload:
12/12 Plasma/Napalm short-range missiles - 2d6x10 M.D., 3 mile range, 15 foot radius, 5 M.D.C.
3/3 Fragmentation short-range missiles - 2d4x10 M.D. at a 3 mile range, 20 foot radius. 5 M.D.C.
Electronic Warfare Pod
16 chaff/flare bundles (4/4 in Ajax and 12/12 in EW Pod)

Gabriela put the facts together in her head before taking action. The Robotech Masters had already declared hostile intent prior to entering Earth's atmosphere. Her research had told her to expect this and she had. Seeing Ryuko jump the gun and nearly endanger herself again didn't surprise her this time. Ryuko had acted like a loose cannon since they joined Third Heavy Recon and more than once she had scared Gabi out of her skin with worry. Still, Ryuko did nothing to change her habits, even for Gabi's sake. Time would tell when Ryuko eventually bought the farm.

As for now, Gabi did what she could for everyone involved and activated her EW Pod. "LT, you mind giving us some of that Command Spartas goodness when you get the chance, ma'am? I'm gonna see what I can do about screwing up their communications."

It was the first thing worth doing on a large-scale battle like this. Gabi knew she wasn't a comm tech like Neo, but anything that screwed up the enemy in a big way was worth trying in her book.

full

Image credit: www.limetown.com.br
STATUS Location: Inside the Zentraedi hideout.
Statblock: VHT-10A Ajax (400/400 M.D.). CBR Mk 2E Armor (105/105 M.D.). Heavy Shield (55/55 M.D.).
Effects Active: None. Ajax mode: Battloid. Dragonfly slot: Cobalt mine.

The EW pod begins to lay down a scrambling effect on the local radio channels, but at the moment, you are not entirely sure how well your electronic chaos is effecting the enemy. Time will tell.

Green Bioroids 1-2 both dive down on their hover sleds and begin to strafe the missile tanks, causing some damage to them but they are still up and running.

Greens 3-4 zoom in closer, and this pair decide to try and swat Gabi out of the air with a burst from their plasma cannons. They will hit unless you dodge.

D. Rex D. Rex is up, and Purr Purr has a defense to declare.

20 - Ryuko [1]
19 - Red 1 [1]
17 - Gabi [1]
16 - Red 2 [1]
15 - Green 1-2 [1]
14 - Greens 3-4 [1]
12 - Marlon <====
11 - Blues 1-3
11 - Blues 4-6
10 - Deunan
10 - Alan
9 - Blues 7-9
8 - Blues 10-12
8 - Blues 13-15
5 - Blues 16-18

"Hmm! Maybe I made these alien gringos angry, huh?" Hovering in the sky, Gabriela peeled away, dodging and weaving in an attempt to draw the Greens further into the sights of her comrades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back