• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
You are just finishing the first charge. It will take you a full minute to place all of them. I have you on the initiative order to give you a chance to change your action if you want to. If you are sticking with the demo rolls, we'll move onto Neo's action.

Yup! Still working on the charges. I'm trusting yall not to let me get shot. It would really really hurt.

Neo shifts her tank a bit to get a good line on the two Zentraedi powered suits, and she fires a MPAT round, trying to hit both of them. Unfortunately, her aim was off, and they manage to dodge out of the way and her shell explodes, doing damage to the delicate equipment in the engine room.

MPA 2 aims his plasma cannon at Deunan and fires.

MPA 3 targets Alan with his cannon.

Both of them miss, not even coming close to either of you.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai is up with Alissa.

24 - Deunan [1]
19 - Alan [1]
17 - Marlon
16 - Neo [1]
14 - MPA 2 seriously damaged [1]
10 - MPA 3 seriously damaged [1]
5 - Alissa <====

Last edited:
Alissa swings her cannon and fires a APFSDS at MPA3.
On Foot:
5 ... Attacks
+5 Strike, +7 called shots
+8 Parry
+8 Dodge
+6 Roll with punch/impact
+9 Perception
+2 Initiative
+5 Damage (from Ps)

In Hover Tank:
6 ... Attacks
+7 Strike long range, +9 called shots, +8 melee
+12 Parry
+11 Dodge
+9 Roll with impact, +10 with punch
+9 Perception
+3 Initiative

APFSDS: 28/30
Plasma: 4/5
MPAT: 8/10
Smoke: 3/3

Main Body: 475
Right Shield: 500
Left Shield: 500

Alissa lines up a shot, but the nimble Powered Armor ducks out of the way of the attack.

Sherwood Sherwood is up with Deunan.

24 - Deunan [1]
19 - Alan [1]
17 - Marlon
16 - Neo [1]
14 - MPA 2 seriously damaged [1]
5 - Alissa [1]

Deunan takes careful aim, then fires off one of her APFSDS shells at MPA 2.
On Foot:
Number of Attacks: 5
Strike: +7
Parry: +9 - +12 with Heavy Combat Shield
Dodge: +10
Roll: +6
Perception: +12
Initiative:
Damage: +2 from Ps

In the Hover Tank:
Number of Attacks: 6 - +1 attack per melee round at levels 1, 3, 6, 10, and 14
Strike: +9 with Cannons, +10 to HtH, +11 with EU-11 (+2)
Parry: +13 (+1)
Dodge: +13 (+1)
Roll: +9
Perception: +12
Initiative: +2 (+2)

APFSDS: 30 / 27
Plasma: 5 / 3
MPAT: 10 / 9
Smoke: 3

Left Shield: 500
Main Body: 475

An excellent shot! The round scores a solid hit, punching deep into the armor. There is just one MPA left.

Rykon Rykon is up

24 - Deunan [2]
19 - Alan [1] <====
17 - Marlon
16 - Neo [1]
5 - Alissa [1]

Alan shifts his Spartas into Battloid mode then fires a burst from the EU-11 at the last opponent.

MDC:
Main Body: 475 -90
Left Shield: 500 -40

Payload:
APFSDS: 20 -1
Plasma: 5 -1
MPAT: 10 -1
Canister: 5
Smoke: 3

In the Spartas (See MECT Bonuses):
Number of Attacks: 6
Strike: +7 with Cannons, +8 to HtH, +9 with EU-11 (+2 Command)
Parry: +10 (+1 Command)
Dodge: +9 (+1 Command)
Roll: +6
Perception: +8
Initiative: +2 (+1 Command)

Last edited:
Alan tags the suit hard, searing away more of its ever weakening armor.

Then, Neo swivels her tank around to get off a shot with her tri-barreled laser, and with that, the suit crashes into the deck, completely disabled.

The seconds tick away, ever so slowly. It seems to take forever for Marlon to place his last charges, but it is only about a minute before he is finished with his last bomb and is running at full speed to his own mecha.

The alarm is still blaring, and there are several fires burning in the room. What do you do now?

"Good shot, darlin'! Lets get the hell out of here before more soldiers show up so we can trigger those explosives! Go go go!" She transforms her Spartas into its Battloid mode and breaks into a run for the door.

When Deunan bolts out the door, you are confronted by a trio of Female Powered Armor suits spread apart in the hallway, their missile racks standing open, backed up with a full dozen soldiers with their assault rifles leveled at you. The lead powered suit calls out in English, "You have fought well, but this is the end of your good fortune. Surrender now, and you have at least a chance to live. If not, we will destroy you. Make your decision quickly. My patience is thin. Power down your mecha and dismount! Now!"

Deunan skids to a halt and eyes the soldiers in front of her. On the squad channel, she mutters out, "Ok, this is not good. Anyone have any bright ideas? If so, please share!"

Alan tries to speak quickly over the radio. "Use the fact that we planted explosives to our advantage. Even practically speaking, they don't have time to deal with us. Let them try to remove the bombs, then start blowing them up as we leave."

Deunan smiles. "You have an evil mind. I like that about you." She clicks on her external speaker. "You don't want to do that. We have enough explosives rigged inside your engine room to send us all up in pure light. You step aside, or I start triggering them. You choose."

There is an uneasy silence as the soldiers look back and forth at each other. You have the strong feeling that the Powered Armor pilots are having a rapid conversation, just the same way you are. Finally, there is a reply. "You are bluffing. Humans are not brave enough to sacrifice themselves like that. You surrender! NOW!"

Alan opens his cockpit while using the controls to march his Spartas slowly forward until his face stares down the barrel of the Zentraedi's gun. "Try me, bitch." echoed in the hall through his loud speaker. This supersized shit just insulted my family's dignity. I won't let that stand.

Deunan calmly says, "You don't want to test us. Allow me to demonstrate." She reaches over and presses the remote to detonate one of the bombs. "Hear that? That was one of the little ones. Press your luck and see how far it goes."

Deunan would be able to hear Marlon screaming in the radio in her ear, "DONT DO THAT! YOU WILL SET THEM ALL OFF! And we need them going off at once! And who the hell gave you the detonator?" He asked, quietly swearing to himself to never let anybody ever touch a detonator to anything he helped set. It was bad enough there was a fire fight in the area he was setting the bombs...

"You want to cause trouble, boss? Pop smoke right now, and leave them blind, and we can make our own exit. We should have enough shells to do just that."

Sherwood Sherwood , do you want to trigger off an explosion? Since both you and Marlon were setting charges, you can have a separate control for your set. Or, you can trigger off some smoke like Marlon suggested. What do you do?

Just as she is about to fire off a bomb, she hears Marlon yelling at her. Pausing, she takes a couple of steps forward and leans her Battloid forward to look at the center pilot. "Think I won't do it? Try me. We are walking out of here right now, or we all die. Besides, there is plenty of damage done in there already. If we hit the trigger, it might not take out the whole place, but do you really want to risk it? Move aside. Now."

The Zentraedi are still for a long moment. Then, the lead pilot asks a strange question. "Tell me, micronian. What is your name?"

Deunan blinks, her head spinning. My name? Why does she want that? After a moment, she finally says, "I am Sergeant Deunan Conway. Why?"

The reply comes quickly. "I would know the name of a human that is as bold as a Parano leader. Go. Now. Before I change my mind." She steps to one side, then says to the other soldiers, "Stand aside and let them go. I will answer to the High Lord. Let them go."

Deunan takes a ragged breath. Holy shit! I wasn't sure that was going to work! "You heard the lady, Third Heavy. Lets bug out." Then, on the squad channel, she says, "Marlon, keep your hand on that detonator. They so much as twitch, blow it." She then advances her Spartas forward, heading for the gap that the Zentraedi have made in their line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back