• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"Easy, Sergeant. They could be being forced to do it. A gun to ones head is an effective motivation. Either way, If we were to recover them, not only would we know for sure, but they would have plenty of information for us. Anything from what they overheard while here, or if they are traitors, who else at base is a traitor. " Marlon said calmly.

He looked over the occupants, to see which ones were armed and weren't armed. To see what sorts of threats they were dealing with. Psychie Psychie

"Also, I'd suggest not being near the reactors when they get hit. They could react rather... violently."

Alissa spares a rear-camera glance at the situation. Then she keeps her attention on the team’s six. “I like that plan. Should cause enough chaos to allow us to get out, too.”

Deunan thinks for a moment, then comes to a decision. "Ok, we'll see if we can't take out the Zentraedi and rescue the four techs down there. Once we have a clear area to work in, we can see how we can disable the power plant here without killing us in the process."

OOC Are any of the Zentraedi in here armed? Also, do we have any idea of how much damage the Fold Space engine can take before it goes boom?

At this range, you can only see that two of the full sized Zentraedi are armed; one with a sidearm, the other with a rifle that is slung over his shoulder. You do not see any weapons in the human sized personnel down there.

The Fold Engine is relatively fragile given its size, and at full armor it has only 500 MDC. However, this looks damaged already. If you have some electronics skills, you may be able to figure out a way to hotwire the system into a feedback loop and make the thing melt down. If it is done wrong, you might be looking at a major explosion.

Would the charges that Marlon brought do the trick? The D-40s with remote detonation, at 1d6x10 MDC. I have 12.

Deunan calls out to the team. "I only see two guards. Take them out, and we may be able to hold the rest of the giants at gunpoint while we place some demo packs and see if they can bring enough of a bang to at least cripple the engine."

“I got the one on the right,” Alissa says as she moves her mech to stack up at the door. She readies her EU-11 gun pod.

"They will bring enough bang to do a bit more than that when I get done with it." He confirmed.

"I got left." Marlon said, moving to the other side of the doorway. His mecha finger on the trigger of his gun pod.

Deunan gives Alissa a thumbs up. "Good. Neo, you stick with Alissa and target that one with her. Marlon, you and I will go for the one on the left. Blitz attack them and give them no chance to reply. Alan, cover us, and make sure that there isn't any armed guards that we don't see from here. Everyone ready? On the count of three. One, two, three!" With that, she jumps out far enough to give the others a clear line of fire on their designated targets and opens fire with her Eu-11.

Alissa rounds the corner, bringing the Mecha’s gun pod up is she does in one fluid motion. She squeezes the trigger and fires at her target as soon as she sees it.
On Foot:
5 ... Attacks
+5 Strike, +7 called shots
+8 Parry
+8 Dodge
+6 Roll with punch/impact
+9 Perception
+2 Initiative
+5 Damage (from Ps)

In Hover Tank:
6 ... Attacks
+7 Strike long range, +9 called shots, +8 melee
+12 Parry
+11 Dodge
+9 Roll with impact, +10 with punch
+9 Perception
+3 Initiative

APFSDS: 30/30
Plasma: 5/5
MPAT: 8/10
Smoke: 3/3

Main Body: 475
Right Shield: 500
Left Shield: 500

Deunan gives Alissa a thumbs up. "Good. Neo, you stick with Alissa and target that one with her. Marlon, you and I will go for the one on the left. Blitz attack them and give them no chance to reply. Alan, cover us, and make sure that there isn't any armed guards that we don't see from here. Everyone ready? On the count of three. One, two, three!" With that, she jumps out far enough to give the others a clear line of fire on their designated targets and opens fire with her Eu-11.
Go ahead and roll some damage for me. Lets see how badly you damage the hardware around you.

Marlon follows after the Sergeant, bringing his gunpod to aim, and opening fire on the armed Zentraedi.

MDC
Main Body: 475/
Cannon: 150/
Arm L: 150/
Arm R: 150/

Arm Shield L: 500/

Arm Shield R: 500/
Leg L: 260/
Leg R: 260/
Pilot Compartment: 150/

In the Hover Tank:
Number of Attacks: 6, +1 attack per melee round at levels 1, 3, 6, 10, and 14
Strike Cannon: +8 (+2 UC)
Strike EU-11: +10(+2 UC)
Strike MIW-20: +8(+2 UC)
Hth strike: +9(+2 UC), +12 damage
Parry: +13 (+1 UC)
Dodge: +12 (+1 UC)
Roll: +10
Perception: +9
Initiative: +2 (+1 UC)

105mm Shells
APFSDS: 15
Plasma: 15
MPAT: 15
HEAT: 0
Canister: 0
Smoke: 3

105mm Cannon, Damage
APFSDS: 3d6x10
Plasma: 2d8x10, 25ft AoE
MPAT: 2d6x10, 50ft AoE
HEAT: 2d6x10
Canister(half range): 1d8x10, 25ft AoE
Canister(full range): 1d4x10, 50ft Aoe
Smoke: n/a, 100ft AoE

Rate of Fire: Twice per melee round
Payload: 48 rounds
Note: Typical loadout for the Hover Tank is nine shells of each kind except for the smoke rounds. Those have three rounds, unless something different is required for the mission.

EU-11 Gunpod
Single blast: 1d8
Five shot burst: 1d4x10
Ammo(rechargeable): 140/140

MIW-20 Triple Barreled Ion Pulse (tank mode only)
Three round burst: 1d6x10
Ammo: N/A

Both Deunan and Marlon miss their target, but they still end up doing damage, just not to the Zentraedi. A massive spray of sparks and fire come up from the conduit next to him, spewing smoke.

Alissa and Neo are at least on target with their rifles, and between the two of them the guard with the rifle clutches his chest where he was shot and falls to the deck.

"Shit!" Deunan immediately switches to her external loudspeaker and shouts out in Zentraedi, "Freeze! Anyone moves, and you'll be shot!"

During the hail of gunfire. Alan will attempt to take out the one that was missed in Veritec mode with the EU-11

OOC: This is just pitiful guys.
MDC:
Main Body: 475 -90
Left Shield: 500 -40

Payload:
APFSDS: 20 -1
Plasma: 5 -1
MPAT: 10 -1
Canister: 5
Smoke: 3

In the Spartas (See MECT Bonuses):
Number of Attacks: 6
Strike: +7 with Cannons, +8 to HtH, +9 with EU-11 (+2 Command)
Parry: +10 (+1 Command)
Dodge: +9 (+1 Command)
Roll: +6
Perception: +8
Initiative: +2 (+1 Command)

With the one Zentraedi dead, the other one is ducking desperately in an attempt to keep from getting hit and has no intention of trying to return fire. Not knowing just how many enemies there are, or even the details on what you are capable of, the unarmed Zentraedi are looking at one another in hesitation, trying to see what to do.

Slowly, the one with the pistol comes back into view out of the cloud of smoke with his hands up, and once the technicians see that, they also raise their hands. The human sized people there are all running for cover, making no effort to try and attack the mecha firing at them from above.

Still in Battloid mode, Neo jumps down to the lower deck and shouts out in Zentraedi, "YOU! DOWN ON THE GROUND! NOW!" She emphasizes the command with a burst from her rifle into the deck at the feet of the one armed guard. He drops to his knees, then goes prone. "Hands behind your head! Don't move!" Over the team's short range radio, she nervously says, "Well, damn! I didn't think he'd do it! Sarge, what now? You guys going to lay down some explosives? What's the plan?"

Alissa clears the perimeter of the room, ensuring there isn’t anyone or weapons hiding. Once that’s done, she moves back to the door they breached through and keeps overwatch down the hall they came from.

Deunan moves forward and jumps down to the lower deck, keeping her eyes moving left and right. "Ok, Marlon, you and I will place the demo charges around the room with the remote detonator. Alissa and Neo, you guys keep watch and cover our asses while we are out of our mecha. Alan, gather up the techs that were taken and get them in a group and keep watch. We'll have to have them squeeze into our cockpits to get them out of here."

She shifts her mecha into its Tank mode, grabs her satchel full of Cobalt mines, and jumps down. "Marlon, look for anything that looks important and slap a charge on it. If we don't blow the whole thing up, I want to make sure that it will take them a damn long time to fix this. Lets move!"

OOC how many Demolitions rolls do you want us to make? My percentage is 93%

While the two of you dismount to place your bombs, Neo, Alan and Alissa are all keeping watch on the Zentraedi. It is clear from watching them that these guys are not warriors, but instead are a part of the ships technical crew. They watch nervously as Marlon and Deunan both place their explosives all around the room. No one is up to speed on the delicate systems of the Fold Engine, so you don't know just how bad that the ship will be hurt by these charges going off when they are triggered, but you are certain that it will be one hell of a repair bill!

As everyone is either working on bombs or on guard, one of the doors to the engine room opens up and a trio of guards come walking in, with rifles slung over their shoulders. They take a few steps in before Neo can raise up her main gun and she fires a MPAT shell, hitting the two in the lead but the third one in line manages to escape being hit. He is turning to run, but Alan and Alissa have a chance to take him down before he can get out the door.

Rykon Rykon WlfSamurai WlfSamurai

Alissa changes into guardian mode and fires an APFSDS round at the fleeing guard.
On Foot:
5 ... Attacks
+5 Strike, +7 called shots
+8 Parry
+8 Dodge
+6 Roll with punch/impact
+9 Perception
+2 Initiative
+5 Damage (from Ps)

In Hover Tank:
6 ... Attacks
+7 Strike long range, +9 called shots, +8 melee
+12 Parry
+11 Dodge
+9 Roll with impact, +10 with punch
+9 Perception
+3 Initiative

APFSDS: 29/30
Plasma: 5/5
MPAT: 8/10
Smoke: 3/3

Main Body: 475
Left Shield: 500

Alissa's cannon shot flies straight and true, striking the last of the trio and dropping him hard. When this happens, one of the Zentraedi technicians manages to slap his hand into one of the control panels and a different alarm starts to blare, this one signalling a combat alert in the ship.

Neo starts to yell, "Sergeant! We are about to have some serious company! You need to hurry up!" Right now, you each have placed four charges on various points of the Fold Space engine. It will take you both another minute to place the next four unless you decide to bug out now. What do you do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back