• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"I am thinking, if the drones are getting their signal from the main computer to recognize our IFF codes as friendly, we should be golden. Gabi, is it possible to use one of your drones to broadcast that signal to see if they react to it? That way we don't have to worry about the internal security and the Bioroids messing with us."

As I understand them, neither of Gabriela's drones have radio transmitters besides the ones needed to receive data from her helmet. Wouldn't this be better done using the advanced electronic equipment on the Ajax?

Last edited:
I think that the problem of that is it could draw the drones over to you if things don't work.

My other thought would be to use the command tank's radio, but that has the same issue.

I thought about that too but - if I'm reading the scene right - by the time Gabi gets the drones up and into an area away from friendlies, I think that the enemy drones will be on you.

And besides, if her drones don't have the necessary gear to make the attempt, then it's a moot point.

Here's my thinking. Time! That's what we have going for us! If an Ajax can relay those IFF codes, it stands to reason that the Valkyries will be able to as well. They are far more mobile than your tanks, and if you are able to kite the drones around long enough, the virus will have enough time to take its full effect and take over the drones along with the factory!

I thought about that too but - if I'm reading the scene right - by the time Gabi gets the drones up and into an area away from friendlies, I think that the enemy drones will be on you.

And besides, if her drones don't have the necessary gear to make the attempt, then it's a moot point.
Alan and Marlon both have pretty boss grenade launchers.

The Ajax does have a IFF transponder on it; all the mecha do. If you want to actually send out a signal, you can do so. It might cause a response from the drones.

Alan and Marlon both have pretty boss grenade launchers.

Yeah, I remember. They're also going up against Mecha while they are only in mega-suits. If they get the drones' attention, I think they will get killed in one round. If they don't, they should.

The Ajax does have a IFF transponder on it; all the mecha do. If you want to actually send out a signal, you can do so. It might cause a response from the drones.

This! =)

Good news everyone! Time for more xp! For snagging the Factory and wrapping up this part of the story, I'll give everyone 10,000 points, which successfully puts you all up at level 8!

You can all get your new skill as your standard part of leveling up, but you are still going to be on the Factory for a bit.

D. Rex D. Rex Rykon Rykon Sherwood Sherwood Purr Purr

Rolling Hit Points for leveling up, along with 1d4 Spd and 2d6 SDC from taking the skill Forced March.

Aww, Sherwood. That bites. I continue my praise for the plastic polyhedrons! =)

Hooray for xp! Thank you, Psychie!

Time! So we had enough time for the drones to see us in their IFF mode and see us as friendly! That's exactly what I was counting on when I recommended kiting earlier! But we didn't even have to do that. Terrific!

Remember guys - we still have Bioroids in the factory. Can't wait to see what happens when they run into some drones now! =)

Okies! Though this is a Mega-damage-based game, it's always nice when your Character breaks 50 hit points! Also, Gabi now has 10 (10!) Attacks per Round in her Ajax (7 outside of it with Automatic Dodge!).

Seriously considering choosing the Tirolian language given how we're up against everyone's favorite tall-baldies, the Robotech Masters.

How about you guys? What are you choosing? Psychie, what's Neo going for? =)

According to my list, mechanical engineering is next. I might revisit it, but at this point not really much else that I'd really want for the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back