• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Your characters have been carrying demolition charges this whole time? Didn't know we had that! Whoa! =)

Psychie Psychie Is Gabi's Ajax fitted with a melee plasma blade? Might we could use that to covertly cut through the lock? Because barring that, if none of the NPCs know how to crack the door, it's going to get loud and dangerous in here.

One quick clarification... is there air inside this ship? All we've seen is drones thus far.

I'm wondering because if there is no air, there won't be any real sound. The difference would mean we could potentially trigger a breaching detonation without as much of a detectable signature to it.

While I see where you're coming from, I think light should also be taken into account. In a gigantic room full of stillness, I would think a big bright light would easily be seen.

So, if you need Gabi's Ajax in Battloid mode to sneak up there and crouch, maybe provide a barrier using the Ajax's body to help block the light?

That might work. The only other idea I have is getting a Spartas to blow a hole in there from long range.

Yeah, but if a tank cannon firing doesn't get the bad guys' then those drones are either off or blind. I could be wrong, but that's how I'm viewing the scene. =)

Yeah but that's more a matter of where the attention is directed than the idea of not drawing any at all.

I hear you. Right now, I like those drones not being on alert. Being Recon Patrol, Gabi is all for not drawing any attention. Get in, interact, get out, without the drones being any the wiser. Besides...

On this side of the massive tower, you are able to spot three different groups of targets on the ground. With the interference from the structures around them, you are only able to get about an 80% probability to say that in each group there are ten to twelve Heavy Drones, about the same number of Light Drones, and possibly a Primary Drone with each one.

... who is to say that the main computer behind the drones doesn't send that whole army at us at once? I sure as heck would if I were it. I think it's best not to be detected at all.

Sherwood Sherwood

Deunan says, "Well, I can try to talk you through it, but we have to be careful not to fry the lock and seal the door shut."

OOC I have Computer Hacking at 98%. Obviously, there will be negative modifiers to the roll, but can we give this a shot?

That's a cool idea! If it doesn't work, maybe we should have Conway switch places with Alan and Marlon?

On a roleplaying level, I'm glad everyone here is getting a moment to shine. =)

We're in! Now it's up to Alan and Marlon! Wooo!

Alan searches the room for a connection port so he can upload the virus into the central computer of ship. Are there any obvious means of loading the data?

If the genuises that put Third Heavy Recon into this mission didn't give us the right USB data plug or whatever, Gabi is going to throw a Meltrandi-sized fit! Just like the angry kitten at the vet!

"tiny angry cat at vet clinic"

Neo replies, "Understood, LT! Trying to clear the noise, but there is a lot of static. Wait one."

While she dives into the ether, Gabi's radar suddenly shows the drones around the spire in motion, with one group heading straight in your direction. You will be able to see the horde shortly.

What do you do?

Psychie Psychie When you say "your" direction, do you mean Gabi's or Gabi's, Marlon's, and Alan's? I think you mean the former, but I'm not certain.

Either way, does Gabi have time to pick up Alan and Marlon prior to the drones' arrival?

Psychie Psychie When you say "your" direction, do you mean Gabi's or Gabi's, Marlon's, and Alan's? I think you mean the former, but I'm not certain.

Either way, does Gabi have time to pick up Alan and Marlon prior to the drones' arrival?
Sorry I was not more clear. The drones are on their way in the direction of Deunan, Neo, Costas, Cooper and O'Brien. Currently, they are going to miss Gabi, but if you move, you are going to put yourself in danger of being spotted. You may be able to maneuver to the base of the spire and pick up the infiltration team, but how will you transport them both?

Oh! I completely misunderstood! O.K.!

My answer to that is by staying in Battloid mode and carrying them in her arms. However, going Recon Patrol has served her well this far; darned if she's going to screw it up by moving and chancing blowing her cover now. =)

Which reminds me - since the virus has been downloaded, why are Marlon and Alan still hanging around?

Psychie Psychie
Do you continue to hold your position?

Heya Psychie! I want to be certain I understand the situation prior to answering that question, if you don't mind?

One of the drone groups is heading straight for Conway and the bulk of the team including the two tanks that Marlon and Alan were piloting.

Alan and Marlon are in a closed-up control room. Gabi is nearby hiding inside her Ajax waiting to pick them up and return them to their tanks.

Not knowing distances involved, it seems faster to me that Alan and Marlon reunite with Gabi so she can use her Ajax to get all three of them back to the main team.

Is the above true?

It seems she remains undetected. Is there any benefit to Gabi moving closer to the control room?

Psychie Psychie

Heya Psychie! I want to be certain I understand the situation prior to answering that question, if you don't mind?

One of the drone groups is heading straight for Conway and the bulk of the team including the two tanks that Marlon and Alan were piloting.

Alan and Marlon are in a closed-up control room. Gabi is nearby hiding inside her Ajax waiting to pick them up and return them to their tanks.

Not knowing distances involved, it seems faster to me that Alan and Marlon reunite with Gabi so she can use her Ajax to get all three of them back to the main team.

Is the above true?

It seems she remains undetected. Is there any benefit to Gabi moving closer to the control room?
You have the situation down pat. You can try to move closer, as at the moment, there are not any obvious drones around you. At that point, you can pick up the boys and start heading back to the rest of the squad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back