• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech - Expedition Under Fire (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I'm not sure we'd have time before the weapon can be recharged. We only have five minutes from launch to get the job done. Otherwise, kick-ass idea!

How very "The Expanse" of you.
I have yet to see that show. Any good?

I'm not sure we'd have time before the weapon can be recharged. We only have five minutes from launch to get the job done. Otherwise, kick-ass idea!

Aymeline's idea is basically "We have 5 minutes so rather than punching it out with fixed defenses, let's end-run around them by cutting the cable between them." I've no issue if folks want to go another direction but if time is the concern, that's an asset for her plan, not a liability.

I have Bioroids on the brain, apparently. Been watching the Southern Cross part of Robotech for the first time. I’ve seen everything else but that.

D'oh! I replied to that in the wrong thread. But yes, in my game, once you are done with the Zentraedi threat, you get to face the Robotech Masters.

Meant to post yesterday, but the hockey world cup disrupted my plans - whoops. At least, it seems like I made the roll.

Short question for the experts: What's the weapon profile for the "standard" bombs you'd load into a Beta? Apparently, you use the usual missile stats if I'm not mistaken, but is there a default one amongst those?

Bombs are available using the short, long, and medium-range missile stats. Pages 186-187. If they're smart bombs, they gain a strike bonus (+5 I think). Take "the most damage" bombs you can.

I limited the reflex bombs, but you can nab everything up to and including proton torpedoes. The brass wanted to give you guys everything they could for your success.

The things I keep forgetting are that the bay holds less with the medium and heavy bombs. And that dropping more than one at a time uses more melee attacks.

Last edited:
Thanks - I'll get a post up soonish. Just gotta decide on the color of the mighty smoke bombs I'll drop...

It appears that no damage roll will be needed - was about time that one of those '1's showed up.

No idea what I should actually roll to make an educated guess on where to hit Haydonite technology where it'll do the most hurt but hey. It's been a pleasant surprise to find opportunities to use Aymeline's scientific background in a war game. :)

No idea what I should actually roll to make an educated guess on where to hit Haydonite technology where it'll do the most hurt but hey. It's been a pleasant surprise to find opportunities to use Aymeline's scientific background in a war game. :)
You don't have enough knowledge about the Haydonites yet. No one does. Much of their tech hasn't been seen yet.

But, the suggestion you made IC is awesome.

I see "Hey these ships are in vacuum hangers inside a planet, that probably means gravity or atmosphere's not good for the building process we should mess that up", I figure it's not a stretch for Aymeline either. ;)

For the record, that's 4 missiles gone for nothing - meant to note that in the damage rolls... can someone make a roll to see if the Haydonites have hacked the dice roller?

Writing my reply and want to ask you guys your thoughts before I post it.

So, right now, you’re all in the shit. I like where you are and you having to find a way to survive. I basically set it up to be a tough mission. Right now, I have the next combat ready to go. Thing is, combat in this system does take awhile. And there a lot of Wraiths. And other stuff. And it’s going to be you for awhile.

Are you okay playing two to three more full combats before we resolve this mission? Would you rather resolve whole conflicts to keep it moving? Or something in-between?

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Epiphany Epiphany Silanon Silanon

I don't mind getting into a good battle. If I were the one running this, if there were breaks in the action between one battle and the next, then I'd have a new initiative roll for everyone involved, giving everyone a chance to get in a good roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back