• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech - Expedition Under Fire (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
My plan is to cover Alyxis' back, firing on anything that is an immediate threat to her so she can focus on getting the drones off of our allies.

I think for these my next parts, we’ll do some general conflict-based roles. Tell me what you want to accomplish and how in the main thread through description and I’ll tell you to make a skill roll to make it happen.
I'm trying to pick off the drones off of the hull as fast as I can, not worrying about dodging.

Beautiful. Can you write out your potential actions in the main thread and I’ll call for a roll.

Thanks!

Had a couple of busy days, and today will likely be another one - I'll try to get a post up, though.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't those drones on Aymeline's wings actually on her wings? Pretty sure I don't have a gun that can essentially target myself. ;)

The best course of action seems to be to hold as straight a course as possible and hope my wingmen pick them off before they pick me off...

Or am I missing something obvious here?

Erratic maneuvers to try and shake them off? But that would make it hard for us to shoot them off of you. I'm not sure.

Perhaps trying to transform into different configurations and use your mecha's hands?

Thought about that as well - if I'm not mistaken, it'd slow us down considerably, though, meaning that there might be even more drones on us before we get rid of the first few.

Had a couple of busy days, and today will likely be another one - I'll try to get a post up, though.
No worries at all. Take your time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't those drones on Aymeline's wings actually on her wings? Pretty sure I don't have a gun that can essentially target myself. ;)

The best course of action seems to be to hold as straight a course as possible and hope my wingmen pick them off before they pick me off...

Or am I missing something obvious here?
Yep, makes sense to me. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something else you wanted to do. I wasn't sure if you wanted to change modes and try to fight them that way. But, seems like a good course of action.

I will do my best, just so long as I don't get killed trying to save you!

I'll stick to the "steady course"-plan as well; save us, team!

Do we have any data on the scale of this weapon?

This was my less crazy idea.

My more crazy idea was finding an asteroid or a ruined ship, using our engines to nudge it into atmosphere and drop it on the power cables as a kind of mass driver kinetic impact. Anything moving fast enough with enough mass is deadlier than the biggest bomb. But Robotech has never done that and I'm not trying to get beyond the show. :)

This was my less crazy idea.

My more crazy idea was finding an asteroid or a ruined ship, using our engines to nudge it into atmosphere and drop it on the power cables as a kind of mass driver kinetic impact. Anything moving fast enough with enough mass is deadlier than the biggest bomb. But Robotech has never done that and I'm not trying to get beyond the show. :)
How very "The Expanse" of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back