• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Japan - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I have a idea for a Rifts/Robotech crossover that might be fun. A UEEF ship is pulled through a rift and is stranded all alone and is now trying to survive in a hostile land, either in space or crash landed on Earth. With a lot of the crew dead and dealing with limited supplies, you are now faced with the unknown. What do you do?

I have a idea for a Rifts/Robotech crossover that might be fun. A UEEF ship is pulled through a rift and is stranded all alone and is now trying to survive in a hostile land, either in space or crash landed on Earth. With a lot of the crew dead and dealing with limited supplies, you are now faced with the unknown. What do you do?
I can't recommend that setting, Psychie Psychie - any Game Master will have to juggle two worlds instead of one. Mecha don't often fit well into the Rifts settings (but Cyclones and Silverbacks might go well). You're also new to Rifts - I think that alone is enough to juggle.

Here are a few other things to consider. With a setting like that, you're dealing with...

...non-magic users entering a world filled with magic.

...non-supernatural evil soldiers having to deal with supernatural evil (sure, you can shoot them, but what is your squad going to do against that single Mind Melter against all of you non-psychics when she tries to Possess you?

... ley lines. 'Nuff said.

... taking the Rifts setting solely from the perspective of the UEEF. I could imagine if the Coalition got ahold of an all-human UEEF vessel, they might recruit the UEEF to their cause and worse, attempt to use UEEF's tech (reverse engineer, etc.) against the Coalition's enemies. That would take the Coalition into a new age... of space travel!

There's more, but you get the gist. I trust you as a Game Master; I just think if you want to do this, you'd do well to set aside a couple week's worth of reading and research to prepare yourself for it - at minimum.

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Interesting points. I world still enjoy running a good Rifts game, though. Perhaps a more "classic" setting in North America then. I'll think on this.

Interesting points. I world still enjoy running a good Rifts game, though. Perhaps a more "classic" setting in North America then. I'll think on this.
Is there a place that catches your eye? Perhaps there's a book(s) on the setting? Starting small works great!

As strange as it sounds, I like the Vampire kingdoms of the south. Maybe a game set down that area would be good.

I don't know. I'll have to look over my books carefully to see. Depending on how new it is, I may not have it.

For a PDF from drivethrurpg.com it is only 13 dollars, so I might go ahead and get it.
What do you want out of the campaign? Why Central America? Is this a campaign with "staying power" as it were?

Do you also have Rifts Ultimate Edition?

Are there any other books or familiar resources you want to incorporate (Game Masters Guide, Book of Magic, Secrets of the Atlanteans, etc.)?

I want to have a classic 'good vs evil' game, and vampires are a great bunch of bad guys. I have the Ultimate Edition book, along with the Book of Magic and the Secrets of the Atlanteans one.

I also like Europe and the NGR facing off against gargoyles. Either one is a good setting to delve into.

I want to have a classic 'good vs evil' game, and vampires are a great bunch of bad guys. I have the Ultimate Edition book, along with the Book of Magic and the Secrets of the Atlanteans one.

I also like Europe and the NGR facing off against gargoyles. Either one is a good setting to delve into.
What do you want in the game class-wise? Species-wise? Prior characters welcome?

What level campaign are you happy with (1st would be fine by me!)?

Mind, I'm largely asking questions to help get an idea of what you've got while also helping to generate ideas if that's all right? =)

What do you want in the game class-wise? Species-wise? Prior characters welcome?

What level campaign are you happy with (1st would be fine by me!)?

Mind, I'm largely asking questions to help get an idea of what you've got while also helping to generate ideas if that's all right? =)
I don't mind at all! Brainstorming is a great way to get enthusiastic about a game.

From my own experience with Terra, I know that an Undead Slayer is a very tough customer. If there is to be any tattooed warriors, I will want some level of party balance or it gets hard to scale encounters.

I will say no demigods or Cosmo Knights. They are just too powerful.

I might start the party out at a higher level than first, but I'm not sure yet.

I think that a Cyber Knight would be good in just about any setting. Having a Atlantean as the race would give some good bonuses.

I don't mind at all! Brainstorming is a great way to get enthusiastic about a game.

From my own experience with Terra, I know that an Undead Slayer is a very tough customer. If there is to be any tattooed warriors, I will want some level of party balance or it gets hard to scale encounters.

I will say no demigods or Cosmo Knights. They are just too powerful.

I might start the party out at a higher level than first, but I'm not sure yet.
If you want the campaign to last a long time (especially with the small groups we tend to get for our games), I can't stress setting enough. Vampire-related Rifts games are cool and all, but... (what are my favorite two words? =) )... what if?

What if the Vampire Kingdoms were done in a different setting? Something more city-based?

See, I find it difficult to get excited about going from small town to town, and saving townsfolk and then moving on. Face it, there really isn't a lot out in Central America (unless you know something I don't which is always possible). Remember when we were playing our Robotech campaign with my first Karbarran, T'kar the Prime Mover? He was fun, but we literally ran out of ideas for that campaign. Same with when I played my Coalition cyborg Lt. Maceo Allen.

I would like to avoid that this time around.

So what if we mixed in a bit of Masamune Shirow's Appleseed in there? What if our team were like a small group of Deunan and Briareos living in the combat zone going from city to city? I know I said "start small," but that can be done by staying in one place.

Does it have to be Mexico? What if the Vampires hit somewhere else? Some place in the world that you, the Game Master, honestly thought was really cool? Take France for example. Rifts France is a blasted wilderness full of dead memories. But if vampires took over Paris... or London... or... New York! Oh my gosh!

Wherever!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back