• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Japan - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Well, count my character as amused! After calming himself already (thank you Sun Tzu along with his own Chi-related ability to "cool it"), Hongo just watched the go-between use Calm Minds on his own boss and everyone else around him. Wow! And here Hongo thought Major Izumo was ballsy! That crown goes to Ando. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Can Ando use telepathy to project the image of what he saw into another mind?

I am... a little uncertain about how to proceed next here? With Detective Ando using his Calm Minds Zenjoriki power upon his own superiors and everyone near him, I think I need to see how that plays out before I have Hongo make another move.

Japanese tradition and culture aside, just going with Ghost in the Shell Shirow-type themes here, I think using a power like that, on his own superiors, is... potentially a social game-changer here. Calm Minds is one of the most powerful Martial Art Powers there is - it creates an area of effect of "cease and desist" behavior which can, as far as I know, only be resisted by a Save vs. Calm at DC 16 or greater (no Mind Block, no magic, etc.). Unless already calm to begin with (GM's discretion), the affected have a forced change in behavior put upon them whether they like it or not.

Yeah! I... really want to see how everyone who just got nailed with this reacts before I post next! Suspense! =)

Last edited:
*poke again*

Rowr?

scared cat GIF

I want to apologise to everyone. I have been struggling to get into this game the way it deserves, and it has suffered as a result. I'm not ready to give up on this, so please be patient with me as I try to screw my head on right to give this game that attention it deserves.

Thanks for your concern guys. I love you both for it. Once I have an answer, I'll let everyone know.

I want to apologise to everyone. I have been struggling to get into this game the way it deserves, and it has suffered as a result. I'm not ready to give up on this, so please be patient with me as I try to screw my head on right to give this game that attention it deserves.
My own head isn't on right at the moment but I am willing to help you get our game back on track if you are willing!

And if that doesn't work, let's do something else together!

By "let's," I mean everybody here! =)

Happy to see another in-game post, but still checking for pulse here. =)
Sign Language Nurse GIF by Sign with Robert

Yeah the transition to fall was a bit crazy for me, but I am excited to write again.

O.K. Sherwood Sherwood On 11 Sep 2023, it will be one month since our illustrious GM has last posted in-game. I am offering once more to help out if you want ideas to help the game along (you said you'd run this adventure before with another group)? I am not sure who is here anymore and I'm losing Hongo here.

If you're not feeling it, we can start another Rifts game somewhere? If you are feeling it but have some kind of roadblock, well, let's put our heads together and blast it out of the way together! =)

If I don't get some kind of response in here by 11 Sep, I'm out. However, I'm here to help! Whatever happens, please don't ghost. You know I can't stand that.

Want to chat about it all here or in our Conversation?

I am sorry guys. Every time I try to post for this game my head locks up and nothing comes out. I'm going to go ahead and call this one over and done with and try something else that won't disappoint.

I am sorry guys. Every time I try to post for this game my head locks up and nothing comes out. I'm going to go ahead and call this one over and done with and try something else that won't disappoint.
Sherwood Sherwood O.K.. Sad to see this one go (because boy, did it start out great!) but I appreciate you telling us all. =)

Sorry to see this one go. But at least we now have an answer on our status.

I love Rifts, but I've never actually ran a game of it before that went well. Hmmmm. Maybe I could give it a try. Depends on what everyone wants to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back