• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sir Drutarak

With a valiant warcry, Sir Drutarak dives in and assaults the closest Brute with a mighty blow from his psi-sword.

(OOC: Sir Dru will activate defensive stance, and use power strike for double damage, but uses two attacks)

With Dru's powerful swing, another Brute falls.

Psychie Psychie is up next

27 - Daisy [3]
21 - Gradicus [4]
18 - Sir Dru
[2]
17 - Terra <====
--- Tiny [2] <====
--- Baby [2] <====
--- Junior [2] <====
17 - Ice Drakes 1-3 [2]
15 - Glitter Boy gunline 1-12 [2]
15 - Brutes 13-20 [2]
14 - Fire Demons 1-3 [2]
13 - Earth Thunderers 1-6 [2]
12 - Zephiron [2]
10 - Thin Men 5-10 [2]
8 - Runt 1 [2] light damage
8 - Runts 2-10 [2]
7 - Thin Men 11-20 [2]
5 - Runts 11-20 [2]
1 - Shaona [2]

Terra charges forward, and has Junior and Baby use their swords on Brute #13, and then has Tiny use its lightning bolt attack on the damaged Runt 1.
Total of 80 MD on the Runt, and 80 on the Brute

Total MDC 515

Number of Attacks: 6
Strike: +9
Parry: +9
Dodge: +9
Roll: +10
Initiative: +4
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Damage: +2

When Piloting Automations
Number of Attacks: 8 / 3 / 1
Strike: +5 (+7 with Sword)
Parry: +6 (+8 with Sword)
Dodge: +2
Roll: +2
Initiative: +5
Damage: +1

Hit Points: 44
SDC: 135
PPE: 117 /
PPE Battery: 50
PPE Battery: 50 / 10

Bonus Points: 8

Tiny
Main Body 1,000 MDC / 980 left
PPE: 200

Baby
Main Body 500 MDC
PPE 120
Starfire Pulse Cannon 8 / 6

Junior
Main Body 500 MDC
PPE 120

Last edited:
The lightning bolt from Tiny slams into the Runt and destroys it, but with only one sword strike hitting the Brute, it is only damaged.

The three Ice Drakes and their riders swoop down, casting spells and laying down fire on the Runts attacking Zeph, Shaona and Gradicus. Under their combined fire, three of the robots are taken out.

The Glitter Boys target the Brutes, with each of the enemy getting hit by two of the deadly Boom Gun rounds. The enemy is getting ripped to bits by their firepower.

Brutes 13, 19 and 20 all try to hit Tiny with a melee strike. They will hit unless you Dodge or Parry.

The three Fire Demon Automations and their riders plow past the defenders around them to take up positions near Shaona, and they attack the Runts nearby, taking out two more of them.

The six Earth Thunderers and their riders begin to chop up the last of the group of Runts, taking out several more of them.

Rykon Rykon is up with Zephiron, and Psychie Psychie has a defense to roll

27 - Daisy [3]
21 - Gradicus [4]
18 - Sir Dru
[2]
17 - Terra <====
--- Tiny [3]
--- Baby [3]
--- Junior [3]
17 - Ice Drakes 1-3 [3]
15 - Glitter Boy gunline 1-12 [3]
15 - Brute 13 [3] damaged
15 - Brutes 19-20 [3]
14 - Fire Demons 1-3 [3]
13 - Earth Thunderers 1-6 [3]
12 - Zephiron [2] <====
10 - Thin Men 5-10 [2]
7 - Thin Men 11-20 [2]
5 - Runts 11-20 [2]
1 - Shaona [2]

Zeph is waiting to see what's behind the door.

If it doesn't open this round he will attempt to gouge an opening beneath the door large enough for a person to slide under it.

If it does open he will make himself ready to deal with whatever is inside.

With Zephiron waiting for the door to open, Thin Men 5-10 charge forward at the dragon, only to run into the electrical field put up between you and them. They take some damage, but are not disabled yet.

Thin Men 11-20 charge the Fire Demon Automations, trying to pummel them.

Runts 11-20 raise their rifles and fire on Shaona, but with the Immunity to Energy spell up, you don't take any damage.

Speaking of damage, Psychie Psychie 's automation takes 20 MD from the pummeling it takes from the Mechanoids.

Silanon Silanon is up

27 - Daisy [3]
21 - Gradicus [4]
18 - Sir Dru
[2]
17 - Terra <====
--- Tiny [3]
--- Baby [3]
--- Junior [3]
17 - Ice Drakes 1-3 [3]
15 - Brutes 19-20 [3]
14 - Fire Demons 1-3 [3]
12 - Zephiron [2] delay <====
10 - Thin Men 5-10 [3] damaged
7 - Thin Men 11-20 [3]
5 - Runts 11-20 [3]
1 - Shaona [2] <====

The lesson on how to leave a dragon's back on your own is postponed for now; as the forces clash, and the mechanoids fall, the slayer takes the initiative and gets her where she needs to be.

"Thanks, Grad." A smile shows on her lips as he sets her down, but it is quickly replaced by the grim expression of utmost concentration. "Stop me if something bad happens" is the last thing she says, with the psionic foes in mind. Then, her left arm reaches out for the door until she feels the hardened steel through her glove. She lowers the wall around her mind, reaches out for the door's presence - careful at first, just in case something awaits her, then quick and determined if there's nothing of note. Her eyes stare blankly at the thin air around her as she makes use of her own psionics for once; using telemechanics to understand every single bit there is to know about the barrier in their path, and how to open it with ease. Assuming that the mechanoids don't rely on the ancient technology of locks and keys, there should be a computer system that's part of the door machinery - if that's the case, she'll try to access the memory bank of it, in an attempt to read out the exact data that needs to get send to it for it to open.

Pretty sure that's where I'm supposed to roll something, the exact skill value depends on if there's a computer to communicate with - so maybe tell me what I'm seeing, and what I'd need to roll to get what I want? The sole focus is to get the damn thing open, I can always recall nifty features later on if I want to. Also: -10 isp.

There is a very simple control for the door, but you can tell that this is a mechanism that is designed to be operated psionically, making it very easy for you to open it up. As the massive door begins to slide open, you can see into the chamber beyond the entrance. It is a large room, several hundred feet across, with little in the way of visible machinery in there; you suspect that the bulk of the equipment is built into the floor leaving the interior of the room wide open.

The chamber is hardly empty, though. Inside, you can see a very large dragon! Zephiron quickly recognizes it as an adult Night Stalker Dragon, typically a very evil species, one known for allying themselves with necromancers and vampires! It turns its scaly head in your direction with a wicked gleam in its eye. In a deep, rumbling voice, it says, "Mmmm, fresh meat, delivered on its own. How nice. Come on in, little morsel. I prefer not having to chase down my meals."

Silanon Silanon Purr Purr Rykon Rykon

Forgot this:

D. Rex D. Rex is up next with Daisy.

27 - Daisy [3] <====
21 - Gradicus [4]
18 - Sir Dru
[2]
17 - Terra <====
--- Tiny [3]
--- Baby [3]
--- Junior [3]
17 - Ice Drakes 1-3 [3]
15 - Brutes 19-20 [3]
14 - Fire Demons 1-3 [3]
7 - Thin Men 11-20 [3]
5 - Runts 11-20 [3]
1 - Shaona [3]

Third ugliest was next in the docket! If docket mean "to kill with a big bullet list". She wasnt entirely sure. But it sounded right.

With the shot lined up, the boom gun launched yet another projectile to, hopefully, go the distance.

Target: Next Brute!
Strike: 27
Damage: 110

(Moved from OOC where I posted on accident. Rolls are there, but can reroll here if requested)

Brute #13 is hit hard, and its already damaged armor is no match for the heavy round being fired by Daisy. It falls in a heap of metal and flames.

Purr Purr is up with Gradicus

27 - Daisy [4]
21 - Gradicus [4] <====
18 - Sir Dru
[2]
17 - Terra <====
--- Tiny [3]
--- Baby [3]
--- Junior [3]
17 - Ice Drakes 1-3 [3]
15 - Brutes 19-20 [3]
14 - Fire Demons 1-3 [3]
7 - Thin Men 11-20 [3]
5 - Runts 11-20 [3]
1 - Shaona [3]

Zephiron lost his patience at the sight of yet another Dragon, especially one obviously contesting his interests and authority. He hurled himself forward at the opponent. His halberd was at the ready to flay the hide from this insolent peasant.

The sight of the other dragon is enough of a distraction that Zephiron is caught off guard, and as he charges forward into the chamber, your wing clips the side of the door, knocking you off balance and you go sprawling across the floor like Bambi did in the classic Disney movie. Not quite the impressive entrance you were hoping for, but at least you only hurt your pride.

Purr Purr is up with Gradicus

27 - Daisy [4]
21 - Gradicus [4] <====
18 - Sir Dru
[2]
17 - Terra <====
--- Tiny [3]
--- Baby [3]
--- Junior [3]
17 - Ice Drakes 1-3 [3]
15 - Brutes 19-20 [3]
14 - Fire Demons 1-3 [3]
12 - Zephiron [3]
7 - Thin Men 11-20 [3]
5 - Runts 11-20 [3]
1 - Shaona [3]

Gradicus relays to the friendly forces. "They have an adult Night Stalker dragon! It is fire-resistant and guarding the machine. I think the fastest way to it and the machine is to blast through the walls!"

Gradicus tried to get the dragon's attention off of Zeph lest he take advantage of Zeph's mishap. "Come, creature of the night and taste Japanese steel!" He flew to flank the creature swung Summertime at it, hoping that Summertime's double-damage versus monsters of supernatural evil applied to a horror such as this.

Going for a single-sword strike.

Gradicus lunges forward with his blade in hand, ready to cleave into the dragon. But, its long, whip-like tail lashes out just before you can hit and knocks your blade aside. In a loud voice, it says, "Fools! Do you really think that you can stand before me?"

A quiet voice suddenly fills the air, quiet but still powerful, as a figure comes calmly walking into the room, saying, "Yes, yes we can stand before evil such as yours, Granthar. For we are united in our goal to stop you and your mechanical allies. Prepare to be put to an end."

It is Brazamal.

He doesn't look like a fearsome opponent, well, that is until he resumes his natural form, revealing that he is a Flame Wind dragon. The Night Stalker lets out an angry snarl. "Brazamal! I should have smelled you from afar, as you stink of nobility and goodness! Have not learned your lessons that you cannot beat me? It matters not that you have allies with you! I shall stand over your broken and bleeding body, victorious in battle against you again! Come forward and die!"

Brazamal glances down at Gradicus, Zephiron and Shaona. "He is right in the fact that we have faced one another before, and he has always beaten me. But I have learned a few tricks since then, and with you at my side, we'll be able to take Granthar down once and for all! Lets do this!"

27 - Daisy [4]
21 - Gradicus [5]
18 - Sir Dru
[2] <====
17 - Terra <====
--- Tiny [3]
--- Baby [3]
--- Junior [3]
17 - Ice Drakes 1-3 [3]
16 - Brazamal
15 - Night Stalker Dragon
15 - Brutes 19-20 [3]
14 - Fire Demons 1-3 [3]
7 - Thin Men 11-20 [3]
5 - Runts 11-20 [3]
1 - Shaona [3]

(OOC: Wowzers, that's quite a scene to follow.)

Sir Drutarak

The cyberknight is emboldened by the fall of the brute, and charges the next one, his psi-shield held before him, hoping a blitz assault will keep it and the others off balance. He honed into his training and combat awareness, and felt out for his enemies' weapons and sensors as he did so. Once attuned, he attempted to strike with yet another powerful blow.

(OOC: I forgot to factor in combat awareness during the last attack, but I have remembered this time. Going to do another power strike for two attacks and double damage.)

Another Brute falls under the power of the Psi Sword being wielded by Sir Dru.

Psychie Psychie is up

27 - Daisy [4]
21 - Gradicus [5]
18 - Sir Dru
[4]
17 - Terra <====
--- Tiny [3] <====
--- Baby [3] <====
--- Junior [3] <=====
17 - Ice Drakes 1-3 [3]
16 - Brazamal
15 - Night Stalker Dragon
15 - Brute 20 [3]
14 - Fire Demons 1-3 [3]
7 - Thin Men 11-20 [3]
5 - Runts 11-20 [3]
1 - Shaona [3]

Terra is quite pleased with how well the fighting is going, and so she turns her attention on Brute 20. She has her three 'kids' use their swords on it, trying to bring it down before it has another chance to attack.
Total of 70 MD done to the Brute.

Total MDC 515

Number of Attacks: 6
Strike: +9
Parry: +9
Dodge: +9
Roll: +10
Initiative: +4
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Damage: +2

When Piloting Automations
Number of Attacks: 8 / 3 / 1
Strike: +5 (+7 with Sword)
Parry: +6 (+8 with Sword)
Dodge: +2
Roll: +2
Initiative: +5
Damage: +1

Hit Points: 44
SDC: 135
PPE: 117 /
PPE Battery: 50
PPE Battery: 50 / 10

Bonus Points: 8

Tiny
Main Body 1,000 MDC / 980 left
PPE: 200

Baby
Main Body 500 MDC
PPE 120

Junior
Main Body 500 MDC
PPE 120

Terra's sword strike from Tiny does some decent damage to the Brute, but it is not disabled yet.

The three Ice Drakes and their riders take aim at Thin Men 5-8 and finish them off, taking even more pressure off of the group making their move inside the dome.

Brazamal charges forward, his massive claws and teeth bared, and he slams into the other dragon with a resounding impact. The two are now locked in an intense melee combat, biting and tearing at each other.

The Glitter Boys now take aim at the last group of Runts left on the field, and their massive Boom Guns tear into them without mercy.

The last of the Thin Men are also being torn up by the other Automations and their riders, clearing the field of all hostiles save the dragon inside the dome.

Rykon Rykon is up

27 - Daisy [4]
21 - Gradicus [5]
18 - Sir Dru
[4]
17 - Terra <====
--- Tiny [4]
--- Baby [4]
--- Junior [4]
17 - Ice Drakes 1-3 [3]
16 - Brazamal [1] light damage
15 - Glitter Boy gunline 1-12 [4]
15 - Night Stalker Dragon [1] light damage
14 - Fire Demons 1-3 [4]
13 - Earth Thunderers 1-6 [4]
12 - Zephiron [3] <====
1 - Shaona [3]

Zeph shrugs off his fumble, and returns to his charge. With a blood curtling roar he attempts to skewer Granthar. "I don't tolerate such insolence even directed at my wards in my presence, you plebian filth. Learn your place!"

[What a miserable damage roll... 81 MD at Granthar]

This is the stat blocks after the spell and power modifiers are accounted for.

Hit Points: 300 (Effectively 600 until Resist Damage expires)
M.D.C.: 540 (Effectively 1080 until Resist Damage expires)
I.S.P.: 112 | 59 spent
P.P.E: 159 | 70 spent
Horror Factor: 21 (23 with extended frills)

IQ: 21 (+7% All skills, +3 Perception)
ME: 31 (+8 vs psionic attacks and +13 vs insanity)
MA: 26 (88% trust/intimidate)
PS: 64 (+49 to damage, 1D6 x 10 MD punch, 2D6 x 10 MD Power Punch)
PP: 33 (+8 to strike, parry, and dodge, +1 initiative)
PE: 35 (35% save vs coma/death, +8 against poison and magic)
PB: 29 (90% to charm/impress)

Weight Capacity: 3200
Lift: 6400 for 35 minutes
Run Speed: 19mph
Flight Speed: 75mph

Number of Attacks: 8
Strike: +13
Parry: +18
Dodge: +18
Roll: +7
Pull: +7
Perception: +4 (+50% to senses from Enhanced Perception power)
Initiative: +6
Damage: Base: 1D6 x 10 MD +49, Weapon: 1D4 x 10 MD, Power Weapon Spell: +25% (to me that sounds like 2D6 x 10 +61 MD for the sake of simplicity)
Horror Save: +19
Psionics Save: +21
Magic Save: +19 (includes "Other Saves" bonus from R.C.C.
Other Saves Bonus: +1 (assumed to be applied to: Magic, Poison, etc. from R.C.C. context)
Zeph will be activating:

ISP 59 total: Enhance Reflexes (10 ISP for 10 minutes), Resist Damage (25 ISP for 25 minutes), Strength of Mind (10 ISP for 10 minutes), Enhanced Perception(10 ISP for 25 minutes), Sense Psionics (4 ISP for 10 minutes)
Effect Summary: +1 Attack per melee, +3 initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, +2 to P.P, +15% to all Physical skills that rely on coordination or balance. All damage taken is halved. 10 PS, +5PE, enhance all natural senses by 50% with the ability to prevent sensory overload. Can sense the use of psionics.

PPE 70 total: Armor of Ithan (10 PPE for 5 minutes), Invulnerability (25 PPE for 5 melees / 75 seconds), Power Weapon on Cutting Squall (35 PPE for 10 melees / 150 seconds)
Effect Summary: +50MDC, Magic Fire, lightning, and cold do half damage. Another +50MDC energy field, impervious to fire, cold, all energy attacks, disease, poisons, gases, and drugs, +10 to magic and psionic saves and horror factor (21 to 23 with frills now). +25% damage increase to Cutting Squall the Rune Halberd (given that its base damage is 1d4 x 10 before the natural 1d6 x 10 I'm not sure what that should ultimately look like).

The dragon lets out an angry snarl as Zeph hits it, but his attention is still focused on Brazamal.

Silanon Silanon is up

27 - Daisy [4]
21 - Gradicus [5]
18 - Sir Dru
[4]
17 - Terra <====
--- Tiny [4]
--- Baby [4]
--- Junior [4]
17 - Ice Drakes 1-3 [3]
16 - Brazamal [1] light damage
15 - Glitter Boy gunline 1-12 [4]
15 - Night Stalker Dragon [1] light damage
14 - Fire Demons 1-3 [4]
13 - Earth Thunderers 1-6 [4]
12 - Zephiron [4]
1 - Shaona [3] <====

One of the more magical places in the world, given the ley lines right below - and here they are, three magical dragons, mythical beasts engaged in ferocious combat. After Zeph's short slip-up, that is; but she's fought a dragon before, and did much worse. That creature, back then - it died in a net, killed by Gradicus' sharp swords; as the slayer is present once more, there's only one thing missing to repeat the story. She concentrates, reaches out for the magical powers of the ley line; feels the sudden rush of power, and redirects parts of it into her revolver, pointing it right at the evil dragon's jaws. The creature is too large to catch it, but being disruptive is still on the table. A ball of strings leaves the weapon's barrel, spreads out to form thin, silky threads. Long enough to wind around the teeth-filled snout of the foe, perhaps limiting his options to bite or spit fire or whatever these elder monstrosities tend to do. And if it stops him from babbling over-confident non-sense, that's a plus as well.

Casting Magic Net, as usual. First of all: +13 ppe: the net costs seven, I get 20 from the ley line. So 43ppe remaining on Shaona herself.

The spell: I want to limit the ability of the dragon to move its jaws - hope a net can do that. It's 16 to dodge, does the +1 spell strength make that 17? Anyway, bonus points if the snout is small enough to limit his eye sight with the net's strings as well. The net can surround a 10ft area if I'm not mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back