• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Terra looks over the pictures she took and then looks up at the group. "That Ark is friggin' huge. It may be too much ship for us to take, even with the whole lot of us working together on it. It may also be too big for Ramius and his people to operate, since there is only a handful of them. But, if we can get to it, and then get into the control room, I can say that I will do my best with my Automations to keep that control room secure and safe for our Grackle Tooth friend and his people."

She tilts her head to the side, wondering. "Say, that thing is designed to hold thousand of slaves in it. Do you think that there might be some onboard now? If so, rescuing them could be a great way to get some extra hands, even if they don't know anything about boats."

Combat Attributes
Perception +2 (more when fighting Vampires)
Initiative +2 (+6 when using sword)
Strike +12 (+15 with one sword, +16 with two. +4 with "Dragonfire" Flamethrower, M-160 Ion Rifle, and Stun Gun. +2 with NG-SE9 Laser Pistol).
Parry +11 (+12 with Tattoo-Magic shield) (+14 with swords)
Dodge +11
Roll +6 (Automatic Roll and Breakfall from Zanji)
Save vs. Magic +7
Horror Factor Saving Throws (+4 to save from Undead Slayer)
Horror Factor 13 (Awe. 12 from Atlantean, +1 from Heritage)
Attacks per Round: 5 (+1 additional attack per melee round when fighting supernatural evil from Undead Slayer; +1 additional attack from Weapon Mastery - Sword when using swords)

Damage by Weapon Type
Summertime (Katana) - 1D4x10 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 5 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
Wintertime (Wakizashi) - 3D6 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 5 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
TW Force Cannon - 1D6x10+10. Range: 2,000 feet.
"Dragonfire" Flamethrower - 1D6x10 M.D. to everything within 100 feet. Enemies are -3 to Dodge. Can "sweep" 10 foot wide by 100 foot corridor; costs three attacks.
M-160 Ion Rifle - 1D6x10 M.D. Range: 2,000 feet.
Stun Gun (blaster) - Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry, and dodge for 2D4 melees. Save vs. Toxins negates.
NG-SE9 laser pistol - 3D4+3 M.D. Range: 1,000 feet.
Silver-plated gladius - 2d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus + 4 S.D.C.
SIlver-plated knife - 1d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus + 4 S.D.C.

"Shaona, you are brave to so willingly place yourself in such danger for the lives of strangers." He mused a moment, then continued. "Perhaps there is a weak point somewhere along the wall. That place where the guards look least. A place Trent's Badger might find a path through."

Gradicus accepted Shaona's offer to use her binoculars with a grateful nod. Perhaps, he reasoned, het binoculars would provide him a view his own helmet would not. He frowned as he further examined the base.

"Perhaps there are slaves there, Terra, and perhaps there are not - is it truly wise to risk the lives we have to find out?" Gradicus shook his black mane. "Time and numbers lie not in our favor but in our enemies'. By the time we took the larger ship, if we could, the rest of the base might very well be upon us. That would spell doom for us and those we have risked so much to rescue."

"I say we ask the one among us who knows most of the sea and the vessels that stride across them." He turned to the burly Grackle Tooth. "What say you, Captain Raimus?"

full

Image credit: Atlantean by Chuck Walton)
STATUS Location: Scanning the Enemy Base
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (285/285) Self-P.P.E. (175/236). Power Matrix (20/30 P.P.E. remaining). Talisman (0/100 M.D. 2/3 daily uses remaining).

Last edited:
The cigar chewing Grackle Tooth scratches at his chin as he looks over the photos. "Well, as much as I'd like to have that Ark, I am thinking that it would be too much ship for us to be able to control with as few people as I have that know how to operate a ship. I will have to say that the smaller ships are going to be plenty to work with, and I can personally attest, they are well armed." He glances out to sea where the remains of his ship is already out of sight. "Either one of the hydrofoil ships will be able to get us out of here with a quickness."

Shaona, tw

A short moment before Shaona nods in agreement - hesitantly, as if still searching for a reason to act against the captain's assessment. "They'll have to, then. A shame, though, gotta steal an Ark some other time." She eyes the two inferior ships closely, the damaged one in particular. "You're certain the scratched one will do the trick, Raimus? No point in conquering a holey vessel, but it'll have fewer guards than the other, I'd say."

Her focus shifts towards the more relevant question - how to even reach the ships at all. "Wall looks quite solid, Gradicus - doubt we'll be able to break through with ease. Could be totally wrong, of course, haven't spent much time breaching fences. Maybe easier to open one of the gates, if enough of us find a way in. Attracts less attention as well, basically none if we blow up stuff elsewhere."

Terra looks at the pictures, and tries to zoom the images in to look closer at the walls. "We may be able to find a service gate that won't be as heavily guarded as the front. Either way, we will have to run a gauntlet to get to the docks."

A careful inspection of the wall does show something of interest: a section that looks like it is sizably damaged and is under repair. There is a plethora of large scale construction equipment there, and it looks like an entire section of the wall is being rebuilt. A heavy-looking fence is currently in place, probably to keep out any casual visitors, and while the fencing looks to be made of mega damage materials, it is undoubtably less durable than the rest of the wall. At the speed that the wall is being repaired, it should be fully fixed in just a few days.

There are a few guards in lighter MDC armor there, but they look bored from just standing around, and depending on how you choose to engage them, they will be little threat to you.

Shaona, tw

"Where's that?" As Terra zooms in on that particular part, the technowizard closes in ever so slightly, trying to get a better look. "Should be somewhere over there, right?" One hand points out a possible area of the base, though the bird's eye perspective does make it slightly harder to find the right spot. "Must've had an attack there some time ago, doubt you'd have an accident that blows up the walls. Not that it matters, looks like a decent way in."

She once more focuses on the base in front of them, mustering points of relevance. "Still leaves the question how we approach. If the Badger goes there, we'd be best off if we cause some havoc just before it comes into sight. Maybe a belated explosion as well, to make sure that they can't solely focus on the breach." A short pause. "We blow up the command tower and a barrack on the other end first, and leave one charge for something explosive near the harbor for when we need another distraction. Wouldn't want to enter near the fence myself, I'd say, just in case we happen to get spotted - better to just fly over the walls somewhere else and go from there." From her, it certainly sounds as if flying was the most natural thing to do, though some here can relate.

"Who's coming with me? We'll give you a call once we're ready to rock, and you let us know when to start the fireworks. Or does anyone here have any better ideas? Can't ask for much more than a hole in the wall."

Terra looks over at Shaona and raises up her hand. "I can fly in and help place some explosives, but I'll have to get back within 200 feet of my Automations in order to use them. As long as whatever it is I'm placing is on a delay, I'm good. Cause some mayhem here and there, then boogie back to Baby and Junior here and make our speed run to the docks."

Combat Attributes
Strike +13 (+16 with one sword, +17 with two. +4 with "Dragonfire" Flamethrower, M-160 Ion Rifle, and Stun Gun. +2 with NG-SE9 Laser Pistol).
Dodge +11
Save vs. Magic +7
Attacks per Round: 6 (+1 additional attack per melee round when fighting supernatural evil from Undead Slayer; +1 additional attack from Weapon Mastery - Sword when using swords)

Damage by Weapon Type
Summertime (Katana) - 1D4x10 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 5 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
Wintertime (Wakizashi) - 3D6 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 5 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
"Dragonfire" Flamethrower - 1D6x10 M.D. to everything within 100 feet. Enemies are -3 to Dodge. Can "sweep" 10 foot wide by 100 foot corridor; costs three attacks.
Stun Gun (blaster) - Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry, and dodge for 2D4 melees. Save vs. Toxins negates.

Gradicus rested his hand on his katana, Summertime, and mused. "Would that I possessed the means to fade from sight. I would aid in the chaos." He grinned. "But wait...

"To set off the explosions will, of course, make the base's guardians wary, but it will give them nothing to chase. If it is indeed a distraction we require for Blake's and Trent's vehicles to make it through with the refugees..." The young gladiator trailed off in thought. Then he smacked his palm with his fist.

"Allow me to go! I shall raise such a ruckus as to make them chase me away from the wall's weak point and the ships. I can strike from land and return from it, for my Tattoo Magic allows me to fly even through the rigors of space and at speeds no boat and few aircraft can match! In addition, I am a hard target to hit and harm." Gradicus eyed the explosives and the control tower.

"Doing so will allow everyone the best chance at a speedy, stealthy takeover of the ship while they chase me, for I will provide them great motivation!

He opened his arms. "What say you all?"

full

STATUS Location: Scanning the Enemy Base
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (306/306) Self-P.P.E. (175/262). Power Matrix (20/40 P.P.E. remaining). Talisman (0/100 M.D. 2/3 daily uses remaining).

Last edited:
Terra smiles at the enthusiasm of her kinsman. "Could I also suggest one of your Tattoo Monsters as a good distraction? I have seen others in my Clan use their magic monsters as powerful weapons against their enemies. I have also been studying proper demolition placement, so I can zip in invisibly and place a explosive pack or two in a delicate spot where they won't be seen, then fly back here to reunite with my Automations for the fun of breaching the gate and making a speed run to the docks."

"So, we have the beginnings of a plan. Lets try to lock it down. Here is my thought. Shaona and I both head into the base in secret, using our magic, and place the explosives we have around the base. Then, as they start to go off, we make a two-pronged run, first with Gradicus going in and wrecking havoc using his flying speed to go all over. The second is the Badger with Junior and Baby running support, along with Garran and Ragnar using their rune weapons to help bust our way through to the ship. We put as many guns in the hands of the refugees as we can and turn the Betty into a rolling pillbox, pouring out firepower at anything that moves. Once we get to the ship, we roll right up on the deck and clear the bridge and engine spaces, and once we are on our way, Gradicus breaks off his attack and heads off in another direction, away from us, then circles around and rendezvous with us."

Terra continues her dissertation. "Since many of the servants of the Spurgoth are larger than a human, the corridors of the ship should also be high enough for me to help sweep the ship with my Automations. We get the ship under our full control, and then we get the hell out of dodge and make our way back to Brazamal with our refugees alive, just as we were contracted to do. Ramius gets a new ship, and we get our reward. Now, if only it were as easy as that, we'd all be set."

She glances down at the Marks of Heritage on her own wrists, then glances back up. "I say, someday I wouldn't mind going back home and getting another mystic tattoo. They are just so useful to have, a weapon that can never be taken away from you."

Eric seems to be excited to be on the verge of action. "I'm liking this. It should give us all the best odds of getting to the ship and out of here without losing anyone along the way. I just have to get ready to do some repairs on the Betty, to patch the armor damage that we'll be getting on this speed run. Ms. Terra, I hope you can do a good job providing cover for us; this old gal is tough, but not indestructible."

Garran and Ragnar seen to be accepting this plan, too. The elf, Habbattar, adds, "My magic is not as combat oriented as some, but I can help to keep our backs clear by disrupting the roads behind us, forcing any pursuit of us to deal with the torn up pavement."

Shaona, tw

Before the technowizard speaks her mind, her actions already give away parts of the upcoming response - quietly rechecking her equipment, making sure that everything is in place. One hand hesitates as it reaches the pocket that held the binoculars just moments ago. She does end up simply closing the zip, however, as she won't need it in the upcoming hours - perhaps someone else will put it to good use.

"Should be the best we can come up with right now - still quite suicidal, but that's the charm; certainly won't expect that kind of attack, I'd say. Got a spare gun stored away in the Badger, make sure someone empties those clips for me." She eyes those who will play a major role in what is about to happen. "Anything that slows them down can make the difference between escape and failure, Habbattar - the more time your magic can buy us, the better. Eric, Blake - see if you can make sure that both vehicles can make it to the docks. If you could get a camera in place to warn us about any potential movements, Blake, that'd be appreciated - once the chaos begins, don't you dare to waste a thought on us, though, we'll find a way to join you in time. You, little one" - she eyes the dragon - "things will become messy, just stick with the others. They'll let you know when your help is needed."

That mostly leaves two more to address. "Grad, we only need a distraction - don't bite off more than you can chew, we ain't gonna be able to offer support. Plus, we're in it for the long run; getting the ship is just the first step." With that, she musters the other Atlantean, Terra. "Guess that leaves the two of us and two backpacks full of explosives - have't had the change to blow up much stuff, so you'll probably have to make sure things go off as intended. Make sure that your two boys are ready to rock before we go, the Badger alone won't be enough to get us through the streets." She spits out one last time. "A few minutes for Terra to prepare her two beauties, then we'll be on our way, I'd say. You give us two hours at most after that, just in case we slip up - don't want 'em to have too much time to prepare if things go poorly." A dangerous smile reaches her lips. "Wonder what they'll report home once we're done - might be best for them to hide themselves, doubt the Splurgoth will be pleased."

While the merry band of adventurers are getting ready to make their run on the base, they are unaware at the moment that they are being watched from not that far away. Gole is currently crouched in the thick trees with a small friend watching both the base and the crowd at the Badger. Gole's small friend is a four inch tall wood fairy named Isabella that has taken a liking to the big cyborg ever since your exciting escape from the gladiator pens those many months ago.

In her musical voice, Isabella says, "I keep telling you, they are not the minions of the Splurgoth. The word in the forest is that they actually fought a bunch of Kittani in their powered armor to help rescue another bunch of escapees that have been under fae observation. If you don't want to go down there an introduce yourself, I can fly down and do it for you. As they say, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and they are definitely on the 'most wanted' list of the Splurgoth. Besides, everyone who's anyone knows that the Anti-Monsters are so named because they hunt monsters, not people."

She flits her tiny wings a few times and perches up on your shoulder, awaiting your reply.
Forgy Forgy

AntiMonsterSmall.jpg

Gole the Anti-Monster
Outside the Splurgoth Military Base; assaulting the damaged wall
Interacting with: | Mentions:

Gole looked upon the group of miscellaneous adventurers, then spoke in a hushed, gruff tone "Odd bunch, Isabella." He did a quick stretch routine, in an effort to pop his joints, warm his muscles, and prepare for whatever lie ahead. "Damn, I can't break that habit. Nothing pops or gets sore anymore, what the hell am I doing?"

Gole knew one thing, these people wanted into that compound, and they were willing to kill the things he despised. He also knew that it was reckless and dangerous to surprise a group of fighters who were likely on edge, thanks to their daunting task ahead. "Not too sure about the whole 'Warm greetings' bullshit you're on about... but they want in, and I think I can help. No sense in barging in alone and potentially getting killed. Let's hand this one off and see how they fare."

The 7-foot cyborg slowly and carefully skirted around the tree line, avoiding any eyes from the miscellaneous adventurers, misadventurers for short, since he sort of found that humorous, and figured they'd likely die once they got past the wall. At least they'd take a few with them, right?

Gole's enhanced eyes searched the wall for the weakened part, so kindly pointed out by the green-haired lady, finding it with ease. He could make it there in a second or two, thanks to his mechanical body. The thing that worried him wasn't whether he could punch a hole in the wall, he felt confident about that, especially since he'd be running sixty miles per hour and get a full swing on it. The issue was what would happen to the wall after. Would a small hole appear? Useless for anything but a peephole. Maybe he'd get lucky and it would create a hole just large enough for the misadventurers to get through, gear and all. But he could also end up demolishing the wall, simultaneously launching himself through, alerting the entire other side to the ambush, much similar to an explosive breach.

"Fuck it, let's do this Isabella."

Gole pounced into action, reaching full speed in a moment, his right arm cocked back and ready to decimate. His metal fist connected with a full-force punch aimed at the center of the weakened wall.

Attachments

• CyborgSmall.jpg
    CyborgSmall.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
In the Betty, everyone is ready to sneak in and place the explosives in delicate locations when one of the lookouts calls down to everyone. "Hey! There is something happening at the base! Something has is running up to the damaged section of the wall and is trying to bash down the section of the fence! It has ruined any chance of surprise at all, because I'm sure that the place will be going to full alert now that they are under attack."

Taking a moment to look for yourselves, you do see a largeish humanoid, about seven foot tall, that has run out of the treeline at high speed and is now tearing into the fencing at the damaged part of the wall. If anyone wants more details, please give me a Perception roll.

At the section of damaged wall, Gole's fist smashes into the reinforced fence with a resounding 'clang'! The punch does some damage, but the fencing is a Mega Damage structure, and it is resistant to the impact. You do know that your Power Staff can delver a impressive amount of damage, and if you are truly interested in destroying the place, using that will go a great distance in making that happen. Also, you realize that there are guards in place here, and they will most likely be shooting at you in short order, so your Armor of Ithan spell might be a good idea to activate.

Isabella flies along side you for some of your charge, but soon yells out, "I'm going to talk to the people up in that armored vehicle and tell them you are a good guy, and see if they can't come down and help you before you get ripped to shreds by the minions here." With that, she goes buzzing off.

Terra has one of her Automations turn and take a look down the hill to the wall, trusting that the magically enhanced eyesight will be able to spot any details that are there to be seen. She then jumps up and heads for Baby. "I am thinking that the balloon has gone up, and we need to move now, or we'll lose any chance of getting to the ship. I'm moving out with the twins."

Terra then climbs up into the saddle on Baby's back and directs the two Earth Thunderer Automations to start to run down the hill.

Perception roll total: 7 I don't see squat about our mysterious humanoid.

MDC: 430
PPE: 109 / 43
Powers Active: Flight, Invulnerability, Altarian Slaver Shield x2 left

Number of Attacks: 6
Strike: +9
Parry: +9
Dodge: +9
Roll: +9
Initiative: +4
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Damage: +1

When Piloting Automations:
Number of Attacks: 6 / 1
Strike: +5 (+7 with Sword)
Parry: +6 (+8 with Sword)
Dodge: +2
Roll: +2
Initiative: +5

Baby
MDC: 500
PPE: 120
Starfire Pulse Cannon: 8 / 8 shots, 2d6x10 MD

Junior

Shaona, technowizard

"Bloody hell - just when ya think you've found a decent way in..." One hand grabs a backpack with explosives, it quickly finds its place on her back - no time to waste, after all. "Maybe a few minutes for them to react to the alarm, then their side of the fence will be crowded. Gottta be through before that happens, or we're stuck without a way out." After all, the wall is in repair - waiting for a few days, besides risking detection, would not make things much easier. Plus, there's someone reckless enough to give it a try on his own; can't just stand here and watch the Splurgoth earn an easy victory, can you?

"Get the Badger going - Terra's already taking the lead, she'll need support eventually. Grad - we gotta cause a distraction asap, or they'll just swarm us from all directions once inside. I'll do my best to put these to good use" - one thumb points at the load on her back - "you see what you can do." With that, her feet begin to carry her forward, quickened by the humming armor - its weight once more boosts her confidence like the encouraging backslap of a trusty, old friend. As one hand grabs the amulet around her neck to grant her additional protection for what is about to happen, the armor's force fields join in as well, adding those few additional barriers that might make the difference between life and death. Lastly, her tongue mumbles what might remind the knowledgeable of Russian words, and the effects are quickly visible - around her, her armor and clothing seem to blend in more and more with the surrounding, nightly darkness with every step she takes, even the characteristic green hair seems to change to a lightless black color as she finds herself on her way forward.

As Shaona runs, she eyes the scene in front of her, but also searches the walls to both sides for a barely lighted area where she could sneak through - for having everyone funnel through a single bottleneck that likely already demands the guard's attention is the best way to get everyone killed. No, she'll join them on the other side, hopefully after simplifying their task significantly.

Edit: Doubt I'll see much - if anything counts as magical/mechanical, I have a bonus of +3 if that helps.
activating the talisman for 100 mdc (2/3)
activating the armor of the suit for 50 mdc, activating superhuman speed for +6 dodge, +2 parry, 44 spd. (30/50 remaining)
casting shadow melt

24 SDC
22 Hit points
111/121 PPE
37 ISP
12+ to save vs Psionics
+2 vs Horror
+2 vs possession&mind control
+1 vs magic
+1 spell stregth
+3 Perception for machines&magic

5 Attacks,
+2 strike
+2 disarm
+4 dodge/parry
+3 Pull Punch
+1 to Strike with heavy weapons/vehicle weapons
+3 roll with impact
Karate Punch

with knives:
+2 strike (+1 on 7,10,13)
+2 parry (+1 on 6,9,12)
+2 strike when thrown (+1 on 6,8,10,13)

Combat Attributes
Strike +13 (+16 with one sword, +17 with two. +4 with "Dragonfire" Flamethrower, M-160 Ion Rifle, and Stun Gun. +2 with NG-SE9 Laser Pistol).
Dodge +11
Save vs. Magic +7
Attacks per Round: 6 (+1 additional attack per melee round when fighting supernatural evil from Undead Slayer; +1 additional attack from Weapon Mastery - Sword when using swords)

Damage by Weapon Type

Gradicus mused with an amused grin. "Now who, pray tell, could want inside that base more eagerly than we?" Using his multi-optics helm, the young gladiator used nightvision and telescopic sight to help determine the facts at hand.

If he could tell the attacker was an Anti- monster, he would share this discovery with the group and add, "We are blessed! If ever our foes had reason to cringe, it was the day the Anti-monsters were created!" Gradicus was so impressed with Anti-monsters as to have a magical tattoo with the likeness of one upon his skin.

Grad - we gotta cause a distraction asap, or they'll just swarm us from all directions once inside."

He winked at Shaona with the confidence of a man who had succeeded through a dangerous life filled with many, many trials.

"Shaona, I am Gradicus the Red Edge of Clan Marciniszyn - a True Atlantean!" He touched his Blazing Comet tattoo and smiled in fascination as the cosmic conflagration leapt from his body and erupted fantastically, enshrouding him with its protective blue forcefield.

"I have long earned the title of Gladiator, to the delight of bloodthirsty audiences all over Atlantis!" He activated his Blind Warrior Woman amulet and grabbed up all the demolition charges and munitions he could carry.

"If it is a show you desire, green-hair, it is a show you shall have!" With a courtly bow and a mischievous grin, Gradicus turned away, eager to fortify his words with bold action.

"For the sake of those would live free, let the games begin!!"

Gradicus took off flying low across the ground. He stuck to the plan he had described to his group, but realized Shaona's words to him had spurred him into greater action. As an artisan, Gradicus was inspired! There was only one thing to do about that!

As quickly as he could, Gradicus flew to the gate opposite where his group was trying to enter. There, he tried to distract attention away from the group by acting as if the opposite gate were beset by enemies.

He recalled the many nobles he was forced to endure over his 10 years as a slave and gladiator. Using his wit and charisma, he came over the radio and broadcast in the open channel as if he were one of them.

"Ahhhh!" He screamed in a feigned accent filled with haughtiness, outrage, and cruelty. "They are right behind me! You idiotic, impotent cretins, it is I, Slave Lord Chuel of the Arena! Open these blasted gates and let me in or I will fill your ears with every parasite you can imagine!"

Then he added with a screech, "Let me in NOW!!"

With any luck, that would cause many of the base guards' attention to turn away from the port and towards his direction.

Meanwhile, Gradicus flew at the control tower intent on dropping the charges on it.

Life was good!

full

STATUS Location: Letting the Games begin! =)
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (306/306) Self-P.P.E. (130/262). Power Matrix (20/40 P.P.E. remaining). Talisman (100/100 M.D. 1/3 daily uses remaining). Blazing Comet - Mach 4 for 4 hours.

Last edited:
With the decision made to move out, Trent starts up the engine of the Betty and calls out over the intercom, "Everyone, hold on! This is going to be a bumpy ride! Eric, get to the main gun. We'll need you to lay down some suppressing fire. Lets hope that Terra and Gradicus are all that they say they are, or we are not going to get too far."

Capt. Ramius calls back, "You just worry about driving. The rest of us will put out some fire to get us through to the docks. Once we are there, my boys and I can get that ship moving, I guarantee you that!"

With a roar, the bit APC leaps into motion and begins to bound its way towards the fence, with the Ion Cannon on the top of the vehicle swiveling around to face forward and Eric begins to trigger off blasts to open up the fence.

As Gradicus takes to the air, he is able to get a better look down at the base than he had just from the few pictures that Terra had taken. Using your Multi Optics Helmet, you can get a better look at the figure at the fence, and yes indeed, it is a Anti-Monster. You have seen a few of these powerful warriors in action in the gladiator pits, and if this one is truly on your side, it will be a major asset to everyone trying to escape the Isle of Atlantis.

Thanks to your great speed, you are over the base with a loud sonic boom before any of the weapon emplacements can target you. The control tower looms large in your vision as you charge forward, and you can see some details that were not visible in Terra's pictures. The tower has six Kittani inside seated at various control panels, working the radar and radios of the base. They are all in cloth uniforms - not MDC armor - making them quite vulnerable to any explosion that might take place on or in the tower. The top of the tower has multiple communication antennas and a pair of spinning radar dishes, on top of a bank of large observation windows that circle the tower, giving plenty of visibility to the operators inside. It is likely that the windows are a MDC plexiglass, but they will not be as strong as a metal wall would be. Where do you wish to place your explosive packs?

While sitting on the back of Baby and with Junior running along side, Terra thunders towards the gate. You can hear the sounds of the Badger coming to life behind you and breaking through the brush, and overhead there are shots from the Ion Turret aimed at the fencing, well to the side of the large humanoid. From where you are, you don't recognize what the figure is, but you can see from here that it is strong; it is making quick work of the fence with his bare hands! At the moment, you don't see any defenders on the damaged section of wall, but from your overflight you remember that there were several foot soldiers on guard duty nearby that will undoubtedly be rushing into the fray in short order. You can, if you so choose, begin to bombard the area with your magic or the Starfire Pulse Cannon.

As you run up, there is a small flying creature that buzzes your head, making you duck out of instinct. The creature turns around and lands on top of Baby's head, and you can see that it is some kind of faery, roughly four inches tall with delicate butterfly wings and dressed in an outfit of woven leaves and vines! The faery is yelling at you frantically, "Don't hurt the big guy! He's a friend, and more friends from the woods are coming to help, too! Tell the others!" With that, she buzzes off towards the figure bashing his way through the gate. You will be there very soon at your current speed.

At the fence, Gole hears the sounds of heavy feet pounding the earth from behind you, and when you spare a quick glance, you can see that the two large constructs are charging towards you and the fence at about forty miles per hour with a armored figure on the back of one of them, and up the hill from them is the APC you spotted, hot on their heels. In fact, the APC is swiveling its main turret weapon around and it fires a blast of superheated plasma right in your direction! Luckily for you, you can tell that it is not targeting you, but instead is joining in the punishment of the fence and is trying to blast it enough to weaken it so that everyone can get through the opening.

It is clear to you that at least the two constructs are magical in nature, so if you were to use your Staff of Power to raise up an Anti-Magic Cloud, it would affect them as well as the magical opponents in the base, rendering them completely helpless. Not a good thing to do to a potential ally.

How exactly is Shaona advancing on the base? If you are just on foot, you'll be left behind by the faster members of the team, unless you were to hitch a ride on the back of Terra's other Automation, or use your cycle. I don't want to go too far ahead in your description without knowing what you are doing.

Shaona, tw

Her feet - despite the support of her armor's magic, they won't let her keep up with the others. Neither would they let her cross the wall - thus, as she finishes the spell to hide her within the shadows, her voice begins to form another string of words. The others, if they still catch a glimpse of her, won't see a major difference - not just them though, as the words do little in sight of a spell's target that won't suffice. For just a moment, she holds her breath, and comes to a stop in the midst of the darkness; one hand grabs the knife of hers, the other removes the packsack from her back. A short look reveals mostly old-fashioned fabric - those metal clasps will have to go, though, just like the zipper of the pocket in front. She takes a moment to make sure that the load within is still stored relatively safe away, tieing loose ends of cut-off straps together - then it's just a matter of moment to leave the metal parts of the backpack behind, and use a bit of magic to convince the remains that they basically are nothing but a jetpack that can carry her into the base. Not quite as graceful or speedy as Gradicus is, that much is certain - few things are. Well hidden at least, though, as she makes sure to stay low enough to not cover the stars behind her. First stop: An unoccupied portion of the wall, if available, to get a closer look at the movements inside. Given that her allies are still quicker on their legs and wheels, they should have drawn some attention to them by then, allowing easier entry.

Casting "Fly" on the backpack, after making sure that it's targetable - speed 35 mph, just short of the automatons.

activated the talisman for 100 mdc (2/3)
activated the armor of the suit for 50 mdc, activated superhuman speed for +6 dodge, +2 parry, 44 spd. (30/50 remaining)
casted shadow melt
35+150mdc total

24 SDC
22 Hit points
96/121 PPE
37 ISP
12+ to save vs Psionics
+2 vs Horror
+2 vs possession&mind control
+1 vs magic
+1 spell stregth
+3 Perception for machines&magic

5 Attacks,
+2 strike
+2 disarm
+4 dodge/parry
+3 Pull Punch
+1 to Strike with heavy weapons/vehicle weapons
+3 roll with impact
Karate Punch

with knives:
+2 strike
+2 parry
+2 strike when thrown

Last edited:
Terra blinks a couple of times as she sees the little sprite land on Baby's head and deliver her message. Once the little fae is gone, she clicks her radio, "Um, guys? Be aware that we may be getting some allies in our run on the base from not only the big guy at the gate, but also from and I quote, 'some friends from the woods' unquote. I got this message from a tiny fairy that just flew in, told me that, then flew off."

She continues to run in, swords in hand, ready to do some damage to the gate.

Baby

Junior

At the gate

Terra's two Earth Thunderers come charging up, and now that you are actually up there, you can recognize that the humanoid figure is a Anti-Monster! A rare sight in North America, they are practically unheard of here in Atlantis. Also at the wall, Shaona perches at the top at one side and looks down, and from your point of view, you can see six armored figures packing rifles coming running, bringing their weapons up to bear on Gole and Terra's Automations. They do not seem to see you at the moment. The gate is still up.

Everyone at the gate, please make Initiative rolls (a d20 with any bonuses on your sheet added in. Forgy Forgy if you have any questions, let me know.).

Gradicus is at the control tower. At the moment, your speed has kept you form being shot at, but you will need to make a decision on how to proceed. Do you place your explosives at the top of the tower to try and destroy the radio transmitters and radar? Or do you wish to try and punch through the plexiglass to get into the control room itself?

DraconianWarrior DraconianWarrior Now that you are back, is there a target you'd like your drones to try and engage to make some noise?

Crocodile Crocodile Do you wish to stay with the Badger, or are you going to fly up and help to clear the way at the gate?

Initiative Roll for Terra
Natural 20! I guess I go first . . .

Baby

Junior

The young dragon watches everything playing out but elects to stay with the badger, feeling like he might be needed there since it could become a point of focus very quickly. His eyes shifting about and looking for trouble and taking in their surroundings. It was another new experience and he didn't like the feeling of the rush and stress but was adjusting rapidly to it which was likely for the best in the long term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back