• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Retro (need F for an MxF)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is the story of a young woman (your character) who stumbles on a time portal in 2021 and “slides” 41 years into the past to 1980 - during the last decade of the Cold War.

My character is a young man in 1980 who has just graduated high school and is faced with all those adult decisions about what to do with his life. The Iran Contra Affair is the most recent big story in the news and has served to incite a number of young men to enter military service, especially with the possibility of a draft on the horizon. (We may move the date forward a bit. Might be useful if you want my character to be in the military. Your character might have even been in the past since Jun 1980.

Will you try to talk him out of enlisting? Do you have the means to even do so? Can you support yourself?

Options:
What was 2021 like when you are from? Was it our current 2021? Or is it some bleak dystopian or even apocalyptic future?

Very simple, straight forward basis for a plot. But some details will need to be hammered out. The goal of the RP is also up in the air. If the future was dystopian or apocalyptic, will you try to prepare or prevent it?

The exact dates are flexible. Even the 2021 origin time can be moved a little. I am just aiming for contemporary times you would know well.

Posting
I tend to go for more literate posting.
3rd person past tense.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back